McHenry County Government Center Employee Reviews

I worked at the Health Department. There is little to no room for advancement, many programs are poorly managed and the pay is low.
Health Educator (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILJune 5, 2016
I worked for the Health Department for over 5 years. Management does not value their staff. There is a lot of dysfunction and favoritism across much of the department. Can be a good entry level job for a college grad, but not a long term job unless your okay with poor pay. Benefits are good and you get off for all the holidays.
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
Bad management
My coworkers are great!
Court specialist I (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ILMarch 14, 2015
I recently started working here and I love it! Everyone is really nice and I always have something to do. I work full time and I really enjoy going everyday.
Pros
coworkers, paid vacation time, paid holidays
Controlled and Enjoyable
Web Designer/SharePoint Architect - change (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILOctober 29, 2014
Nice people and hard working group of individuals. Enjoyed working with the IT customers.
Great Everything
PC Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILFebruary 26, 2014
If my Family didn't relocate across the Country, I would have become a lifer and worked for the County until I retired.
see below
Judicial Tech Administrative 1 (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILSeptember 16, 2013
typical day is answering phones, dealing with the public, assisting the receptionist as a backup. receive police reports from all different police officer offices, Woodstock, McHenry, Cary, Crystal Lake, Marengo etc.
the job is a hopping job, and i love it, keeps me real busy every day, and every day is different. Co-workers are the best to work for, or with.
the hardest is really nothing that we can't deal with, if an answer needs an attention, i contact the supervisor, to resolve the issue, and move to my next thing to do. everything will work out when you ask for assistance if you don't know the answer.
the most enjoyable part, is dealing with people, trying to help them as it arises. and i love to be busy all the time, makes the day go by faster, and i enjoy coming to work all the time. i am hard worker, and i am looking for a part time job, with your company.

Want to know more about McHenry County Government Center?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McHenry County Government Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3