McKee Foods Corporation Employee Reviews

Good work environment, various type of jobs, home every night.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Tennessee, virginiaOctober 31, 2017
FAMILY oriented environment. Various type of work exposure within the electrical trade. Home every night with my family. Oh call I enjoyed working at McKee Foods.
Pros
Good environment, great variety of work
Cons
None that i feel worthy of expressing
McKee Foods Corporation is a productive and competitive workforce
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Collegedale, TNOctober 17, 2017
McKee Bakery is a very productive and fun workplace environment with great insurance benefits. It also has a competitive rate of pay and is an career building opportunity.
The Last Place I'll Ever Work
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Gentry, ARSeptember 25, 2017
Compared to other jobs I've held, this one is the easiest and pays the best. They have free Little Debbies on break, you get an extra 10% off at their stores, and profit share (BONUS) every year after your first 2 years. This is the first job I've had with paid time off. They have Thanksgiving and Christmas off (which you have to use PTO for) but you have plenty of opportunities off. The plants completely shut down Saturdays, so you won't work that day. The workplace is loud (production) and a lot of times you're by yourself, but all the employees are good to work with. Most supervisors are great, but of course there are some that aren't great just like any place. They care about your safety and well-being. I will be working here until I retire.
Hard to move up
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 18, 2017
Although McKee Foods is a good place to work it is very difficult to move up in the company. Since it is a family owned business there are a lot of employees in positions they are not able to handle.
Pros
Job security
Cons
no room for advancement
Terrible
Sipping utility (Former Employee) –  Stuarts Draft, VAAugust 29, 2017
McKee foods will draw you in with talk of leadership, family oriented, and so called "values" that the company follows. Once behind closed doors the truth is revealed. They care for nothing more than a dollar, and will dispose of employees for any reason they come up with.
Great company culture
Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 11, 2017
It was a pleasure working at McKee Foods. It's a great, family-owned business that really cares about all of its employees. My supervisor and department were amazing people.
Pros
great company culture, work-life balance, kind people
Cons
Benefits for part-time workers but not temporary workers
Environment can shift depending on management and quality of production
Packaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Collegedale, TNAugust 10, 2017
McKee Foods has the potential to be a very good place to work. There is a considerable amount of workplace bullying and it is a stomping ground for workplace injuries and musculoskelatal disorders.
Pros
Yearly profit sharing
Cons
Considerable workplace bullying and high incidences of workplace musculoskelatal disorders.
Fast pace fun productive place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Collegedale, TNAugust 9, 2017
At McKee there is a lot of jobs you can do and It is an rewarding place to work. I absolutely loved my job there and had considered returning to work for such a great company, but I decided to move to GA instead of Tennessee.
Ok place to work
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Gentry, ARAugust 5, 2017
Job is not hard. They have no paid holidays. You are FORCED to use your PTO for holidays or you will gets points against you for not saving time for holidays. Their insurance is very expensive and little to know coverage with a lot of out of pocket expense.
Pros
Free snack cakes while working
Cons
Expensive health care
The pay is good.
Packing Technician (Former Employee) –  Ooltewah, TNJune 1, 2017
I really liked the pay and the hours. However, the bullying is a real problem. Certain supervisors turn a blind eye. I was told of this before I started and didn't think it could be as bad as they stated. It was worse.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Alot of bullying and racism

Want to know more about McKee Foods Corporation?

Ask a question
Genuine People
Packaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Gentry, ARMay 4, 2017
The pay was good, the benefits were great, but the solitude as a packer was unbearable. Too much time to think with very little communication with anyone.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Solitude
Great place to work and always doing extra things outside of work to make things fun.
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Stuarts Draft, VAApril 5, 2017
Learned how to run a depositor and operator a fryer. The hardest part of the job was making sure the dough was done all the way through. We were all treated like one big family. You went into work,done your job, went home.
Pros
30 minute lunches and 2 - 15 minute breaks
Cons
Not enough help at times.
Great Culture
Corporate Wellness Health Professional (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 30, 2017
I love the family business culture. The workplace feels safe and inviting and I can trust my co-workers. There is also room for growth and advancement opportunities since McKee usually promotes from within.
Pros
Free Little Debbie's!
Cons
Not very flexible.
Lots of opportunity to move within the company.
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Collegedale, TNMarch 18, 2017
Most work here is production based. Secure place to work. Hard to move from third shift to first once you start, but it can be done. Overall I had a good experience working for this company.
Productive environment
Independent Distributor (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 8, 2017
Great work/life balance. Management is too involved. Delivering products in a timely manner. Mastered delivery and customer service. Most enjoyable part is having satisfied customers.
work was great
warehouse tech (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZMarch 1, 2017
The mangers there don't care about there employees they don't treat there employees very good I liked my job and the work I did I never called in sick never late for work
Pros
free snacks
Cons
the managers
Great Company
District Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAFebruary 16, 2017
McKee Foods is a great company to work for. They sale a great product. I provided support, motivation and encouragement to distributors to achieve their sales goals. Ongoing training and support for District Sales Representatives. Management and co-workers are very supportive.
Very clean work place, easy job advancement.
Package tech (Current Employee) –  Gentry, ARJanuary 12, 2017
Mckee does very well of taking care of its employees. They have never laid off an employee or had a plant shut down. Plenty of mobility, once hired you can immediately apply for a higher paying job.
Pros
Free snack cakes, very nice gym, plenty of benefits.
Cons
Short breaks (depending on position).
Excellent place to work for
Mechanical Engineering Internship (Current Employee) –  Gentry, ARJanuary 5, 2017
McKee Foods Corporation is a fantastic place to work. Very good benefits and all co-workers are respectful and understanding.
Productive and fast moving. Something for everyone.
Packaging Technician (Current Employee) –  Stuarts Draft, VADecember 29, 2016
Over the years I have worked there I have learned a lot of new and fascinating things. There are many processes to a typical day. The hardest part for me was adjusting to a new shift.
Pros
free snack cakes available at lunch
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McKee Foods Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.