McKee Foods Corporation

McKee Foods Corporation United States Employee Reviews

Solid, stable company
Shipping Utility/Lift Truck Operator II (Former Employee), Collegedale, TNApril 8, 2015
Pros: Pay, benefits
Cons: Management
McKee Foods Corporation has been a family owned company since its beginning in the 1950's. It steadily grew into one of the largest snack cake producers in America. During the late 1990's and into the new century McKee Foods growth exploded and they found themselves as "King of the Snack Cake Hill." With this rapid growth came growing pains. Up until its growth spurt, the company had remained fairly small in comparison to its competitors even though it had earned respect in the industry. After the growth spurt, the family owned operation had to struggle to keep up with the ever changing demands of the marketplace, the needs of its employees whose numbers had more than doubled seemingly overnight, and also the jabs and punches from its competition who had previously not taken them seriously. The only problems I had with the company stemmed from this rapid growth. It seemed they just could not handle it at first and some in management were involved in what appeared to be a power struggle. This led to experimenting with personnel, promotions of non qualified employees, and the termination of some who did not fit a certain agenda.
Aside from the aforementioned, McKee Foods was a good place. The pay was very competitive. The benefits were top notch. the employees were, for the most part, supportive and team oriented.
Packaging tech very repetitive
ex packaging tech February 2015 (Former Employee), collegedaleApril 1, 2015
Pros: good hourly pay
Cons: supervisors lack supervisory skills
McKee is not what they portray. Not a big happy family,supervisors are intimidated by the minorities' and the employees are vengeful and contemptuous.If I could I would rate this company in minus stars.
Excellent Place to study
student (Former Employee), Collegedale, TNFebruary 14, 2015
Great benefits, hands on training, very competitive pay rates and the people are just great! The corporate culture is relaxed while there is a major feeling of being a part of a team. The company mission statement is clear and it seems that all employees really are there to help people find jobs in their own way. Expectations and goals are high but the support is present to help all employees achieve set goals. Management wants to help their teams succeed.
Enjoyed my days here
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Collegedale TnNovember 24, 2014
McKee Foods Corporation was possibly the best job I have ever had the pleasure of doing. I stayed busy on a daily basis. The management and co-workers were in a word awesome. The hardest part of the job at times was organization of responsibilities because everything seemed to be urgent. I enjoyed being constantly challeneged by my supervisor at McKee.
good
Production Technician (Former Employee), Collegedale, TNAugust 28, 2014
good, required fields, management was nice, co-workers were nice for the most part, night shift was hard to get used to, enjoyed weekends off
Good company to work for
District Sales Representative (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 13, 2014
Pros: good company values that alined with mine
Cons: upward mobility constraints based on reloction
Typical day would include working with a Distributor, coaching and encouraging them to look for sales opportunities to increase their overall profits. One way this could be done is through speaking with store management showing them promotional materials and gain their support.
Learned how to build strong relationships with people through listening to their concerns and interests.
Management and co-workers were very supportive, open dialogue.
Over the years devloping new classes of trade was always a challenge. Telling our story over and over to break down the barriers. In the end, attaining that business was always a highlight of the job. Another enjoyable part was showing the Distributors how to increase bottom line profits.
Productive place to work
Production Utility (Current Employee), Collegedale, TNFebruary 4, 2014
Meeting the consumers request for our product with quality and safety in mind.
Good benefits, Job security
Process Operator (Former Employee), Collegedale, TNOctober 26, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: orders vary greatly; 1 week you have 50+hrs, the next only 30.
Very family oriented workplace, but advancement becomes very limited without a college degree.
Great place to work!
Packaging Technician (Former Employee), Collegedale, TNJuly 9, 2013
I worked for this company for 11 years and had a great experience. Depending on what area you work in it can be very physically demanding. Hours may get cut if orders are down but you can usually find another position to work in if you need the hours. The people are awesome!! I have never worked anywhere that my coworkers were like my family, but it is definitely that way at McKee. I made some really great friends while working there.

Advancement is not that easy. I had a very good work record while at McKee and still was turned down for every job that I applied for. Very frustrating!! I would probably still be there had I been able to move forward with the company.
a very close-knit work enviroment,great coworkers and perks
Team Leader/Process Operator II (Current Employee), Collegedale, TNNovember 18, 2012
I've enjoyed my time working for this company,each work day is what you make of it. I've learned a lot about teamwork,and how to interact with management.
Mature company with well known product for consumer purchase
Packaging Technician (Current Employee), Collegedale, TNMay 22, 2012
Pros: 401k
Cons: incomplete 40 hr work schedule, little opportunity to grow within the company
My current job is repetitive and consists of regular quality control practices through inspection of product to the consumer base. I have learned to work more efficiently with various approaches to manufacturing practices. I have always been a team player and take ownership of my work scope. I enjoy meeting different people from all walks of life in my daily routine, being dependable and having the ability to have and show initiative with my job as well as encouraging my coworkers. The hardest part of my job is when equipment malfunctions and isn't properly repaired/replaced or done so in a timely manner.
Professional & a great place to work.
Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Collegedale, TNMarch 26, 2012
Professional & a great place to work. Employee benefits are outstanding!

About McKee Foods Corporation

McKee Foods Corporation is a privately held United States company headquartered in Collegedale, Tennessee. They are the makers – Read more