McKee Foods Corporation

McKee Foods Corporation Employee Reviews

Great Company
District Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAFebruary 16, 2017
McKee Foods is a great company to work for. They sale a great product. I provided support, motivation and encouragement to distributors to achieve their sales goals. Ongoing training and support for District Sales Representatives. Management and co-workers are very supportive.
Very clean work place, easy job advancement.
Package tech (Current Employee) –  Gentry, ARJanuary 12, 2017
Mckee does very well of taking care of its employees. They have never laid off an employee or had a plant shut down. Plenty of mobility, once hired you can immediately apply for a higher paying job.
Pros
Free snack cakes, very nice gym, plenty of benefits.
Cons
Short breaks (depending on position).
Excellent place to work for
Mechanical Engineering Internship (Current Employee) –  Gentry, ARJanuary 5, 2017
McKee Foods Corporation is a fantastic place to work. Very good benefits and all co-workers are respectful and understanding.
Amazing place to work
Pack tech (Former Employee) –  Gentry, ARDecember 10, 2016
Awesome place to work . The environment is awesome, the people are great, pay is great. I loved the hours. I enjoyed going to work everyday. Very respectful people that works there.
family owned company with strong beliefs
District Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILDecember 4, 2016
good company to work for, family owned, open company with communication at any level. cover a district and gain authorized space at store level. be the face of the company to retailers
great workplace
Lift truck operator/stacker/checker/pack tech (Former Employee) –  Gentry, AR 72734November 18, 2016
I worked there a lot of years, I would come into work and get all my safety stuff and clock in and go to work, in production I would package product in cartons or cases to be sent to the warehouse, I worked in shipping and would load trucks by hand or with a forklift using a warehouse management system, I would also check product fro shipment or storage using a handheld scanner, I learned how to drive forklifts, scissor lifts and man baskets, never had a problem with management they always helped out, coworkers were great, we all got along great, hardest part of the job was being inside all day, the most enjoyable part was after work we would go play basketball or racquet ball in the company gym
Pros
made and incentive
Cons
sometimes we only got around 36-38 hours
They are very good at making snacks, they have the ability to make the greatest snacks. I loved working there.
Asst. Lead Trainer Cord. (Former Employee) –  Gentry, ARSeptember 15, 2016
My day began looking over the scheduled snack changes so that I would be prepared to assign duties to the right employees. I helped clean rest rooms, break rooms. ect I used forklifts, scissor lifts to reach places that where to high for ladders. I helped teach how to tear down, and clean cookie, and cake wrappers, and put lock out tag outs on machines used. Then we put them back together in a timely fashion as to not hold up production for to long of a period.
Pros
free snacks in the break room
Cons
some times the hours were really long
Good Place to Work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 4, 2016
I loved my job. I worked hard. These people know what to do and how to treat people. I hoped to continue but I was working thru a temp agency and they wouldn't hire me on.
A place that require a great deal of physical ability to be a production worker.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Collegedale, TNAugust 12, 2016
Held various production positions and had many responsibilities including, supplying snack products into feeder machine, operating wrapping machine, and acting as replacement worker in multiple positions
Pros
Paid well at the time and great insurance.
Cons
Physically hard.
This place is a joke and the McKee children running it should be ashamed!!!
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Collegedale, TNJanuary 27, 2016
This company is very money driven, very little regard for all the employees who work there. I am sure O.D. himself is ashamed of what this company has turned into. If the company has water and power you better be there! Ice on the mountain and you can't get down? Here's a point on your record. Rushed to the hospital after eating the food the company served you during their Christmas lunch? Here's a point. Go into labor while at work? Here's another point. Most companies will shut down and send their employees home when the weather conditions turn bad but not McKee they expect you to be there because they have to fill their pockets. They brag on how they have never had layoffs, why you ask? Because they will go on a hiring spree, shut down production lines forcing the displaced employees to accept horrible alternate positions some even going to a different shift. If you are unable to accept the alternate job you are forced to quit, all while the newer employees who were just hired in are taking the place of those who could have been placed in those positions. Supervision is laughable, there is a handful of supervisors that know what they are doing the rest are usually in the break room or the office. They don't handle situations, most of the time they will have one or two people from their crew to manage everything, why not just make those people the supervisor if you're going to allow them to do your job for you?! Anti-bullying policy? HA yeah right! I have had several friends harassed and threatened both verbally and in writing yet when you go to supervision/hr with it they  more... do their "investigation" and then it is swept under the rug. So what happens then? You have just created a hostile work environment and you now have a target on your back. It's like working with a group of drama filled middle school girls. The sound of profit sharing was great during orientation until you break it down and realize you aren't getting any profit sharing they are simply paying you for all of your clock out breaks through the year. You see back in the day you did not have to clock out for your lunch and you received a honest profit sharing bonus, but now the "bonus" is based around how many hours you work, add it up people it's your clock out break it's not a profit sharing bonus at all. Depending on where you work you are at risk of developing injuries, most commonly carpal tunnel, how convenient that the company will no longer pay for the many surgeries their employees have to endure because you have to get those cakes in the box. It's a very painful and pricey procedure that will eventually cost you your job and make a lot of every day tasks much harder. The pay is good, the insurance is a joke, the policies are a joke, management is a joke. Honestly the only reason to work there is if you are hard up to get your bills paid, which most people there are! The ONLY reason this place got a single star is because it's required.  less
Pros
The pay
Cons
Everything about the company
good family run buisness
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Collegedale, TNJanuary 12, 2016
pleasure to work there at times, good business culture.
room for advancement if desired.

worked with independent business people which was fun at times.
Distribution (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, WVDecember 30, 2015
Company people are nice and productive not like some places. I enjoyed this job more than any other would recommend to anyone willing to work hard.
Pros
Good management
Cons
A lot of stops
Great Place to work and health conscience environment
ESD Technician (Former Employee) –  Collegedale, TNOctober 24, 2015
Cleaning mixers, ovens, cutter tables etc.
The importance of passing inspections free of bacteria.
Management and co-workers were like my family.
independant workplace and enjoyable.
Independant Distributor (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIOctober 23, 2015
Very good company to work for. They provide tools for distributors to succeed. Position requires you to work at fast pace and is physically demanding.
High work standards and family values. Excellent benefits.
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Gentry, ARSeptember 29, 2015
I enjoy the work ethics and encouragement received from the management team and co-workers at McKee Foods.

Most of my day requires close attention to helping keep our work environment clean. Food safety is most important at McKee Foods. Our customers can rest assured that our products are high quality and safe for their family.

The most difficult part of my job is keeping up with the sanitary needs of so many employees. The breaks are very short and most of the employees have little time to clean up after themselves. There is need for more staff in our department.
Pros
Great profit sharing benefits; free snack cakes; employee fitness center
Cons
Short breaks
Can be very stressful.
package technician and back up machine operator (Current Employee) –  Stuarts Draft, VASeptember 18, 2015
Hoping you are on your own line that you was hired for because they are always short handed. I learned alot about food safety. There is alot of management there . I doubt if I worked there 5 years I would meet them all. My co workers on my regular line get along great but on other lines there seems to be animosity over something
Pros
Set schedule
Cons
The set schedule is 2nd
Productive place to work
Distributor (Current Employee) –  Collegedale, TNAugust 29, 2015
The Company gave me great experience on learning to become a great distributor. I had a lot of contact with store managers and thoroughly enjoyed working with everyone.
Very professional company
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Collegedale, TNJuly 31, 2015
Enjoyed working with fellow employees. I learned to use the computer program oracle. The most difficult part of day was sitting behind my desk all day. Most enjoyable part of job was having access to supervision if I had any questions.
not a great place to work for
packaging technician (Former Employee) –  collegedale tnJuly 12, 2015
working with my hands more than my feet was a problem, production without a forklift i'm not cut out for making cakes and packaging them in a timely manner i could not keep up with.
Pros
was'nt to far from home
Cons
hours and days of work, and the people was bad
Mckee Foods
Packaging Tech (Current Employee) –  Collegedale, TnJune 18, 2015
The only things I can truly say good about this company is that it pays well and most or all lines are off Fridays and 1st and 2nd shift are guaranteed Saturdays off. 4O1k.

The company has benefits, but the deductible is so high, it's actually not a benefit. The company does not care for employees or customers. they are more concerned with money. Management is a complete joke, no one knows how to manage. Management is not held responsible for their wrong doing, hourly employees are held to an extremely high standard, whereas, management is treated as if they were still kids getting spoon fed. The policy is a joke, they only follow it when it can benefit management. employees are very catty and conniving. Management is very retaliatory and vengeful, even though in orientation they specifically say there will be no retaliation from management.

I would say I am surprised this company is still standing after all these years, with how bad they treat their employees, but since I have experiecne there, I now know why. Why? Because employees who have been there for 10, 20, 30 even 40 years are going to live out their lives there, so there is no reason they see necessary to want or even request change.

I recommend this company to only those people who have absolutely nowhere else to go and desperately need employment.
Pros
Good pay. Most or all weekends off. 4O1k
Cons
Too many to put here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McKee Foods Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.