McKendree University Employee Reviews in United States

It was a Work Study
Temporary Student Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, ILApril 1, 2016
This position was based out of my school, and it simply provided me with pocket change or just some extra hand cash when I needed it. Nothing more, nothing less.
Pros
It helped provide pocket change
Cons
Work Study Only
Intern
ATHLETIC EQUIPMENT ROOM INTERN (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, ILFebruary 1, 2016
Great place to work. I had great mentors,and the environment was a fun friendly and productive place. I really enjoyed my time at Mckendree
Always changing
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, ILFebruary 10, 2016
The people are wonderful, the students are amazing, but the work is just too simple. I prefer something with a bit of a challenge.
Enjoyed gaining knowledge and skills
Athletic Training Student (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, ILAugust 14, 2015
Worked with staff and student to rehab student Athletes at McKendree University. Was able to observe AT at work and learn about the Athletic Training field. Was able to rehab Athletes of various sports and abilities. WAs able to volunteer at various sports tournaments.
Pros
gain knowledge and skills
Productive and fun
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, ILNovember 10, 2014
A typical day working in operations is hard to explain because no day was the same as the next. i learned to manage my time better while setting up for events. The most enjoyable part of the job was being around my co-workers because they made it engaging and fun. They made me love what i was doing and want to return and continue doing it again.
Nice job
Desk Worker (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, ILJune 16, 2014
This job was very fun and since it is located at Mckendree University u get to be around other college students and the work is not hard at all. the only bad part of this job is one is paid by their financial aids work study package. typical the most a student can make in a year is two thousand dollars a year and when you get close to that mark your hpurs will get cut or of u pass it you will be let go. Also one can only work 15 hours a week.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
minimum hours and pay
Great Place to work as an Adjunct Professor
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Radcliff, KYMay 1, 2012
If you enjoy learning you will enjoy Mckendree University. The students are military, civilian, veterans, retirees, and young adults who all have value to add to the learning. The hardest part of the job is trying to figure out everyone's learning style in a short amount of time. What I have learned is that some people will never be satisfied.
Pros
i love teaching, training, mentoring, and coaching.
Cons
as an adjunct professor, you work as needed.
Abiltiy to be flexible and helpful while instructing the students of the subject matter
Adjunct Instructor - Marketing (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, ILNovember 13, 2012
Taught an online class to help develop future leaders. Understanding the retail side of the business enables the student to look at products in a different light and creates a clear direction on the avenues of distribution and the other 4 Ps of marketing.

Staff is supportive of my primary position at Anheuser-Busch.

Most difficult part of the job was no face time with the students to see if they actually undertstood the concepts being presented.
Fantastice work experience
Intramural Coordinator/ Lair Manager (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, ILJanuary 30, 2013
This was a job I held for the most part during my entire college tenure. It was a work study job but it was a great learning experience and possibly the best boss I have ever had. My boss taught me many things about leading as well how to run operations within this area of the school. The individuals I worked with were students just like myself who all had the same agenda to get a a good learning experience but have fun while they did it.
Pros
great co-workers and boss as well as terrific learning experience
Cons
lack of hours
Great place to work, good management
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Radcliff, KYJuly 8, 2013
Typical day at work consists of contacting students/faculty via email and phone to get various tasks accomplished. Tasks include student registration, retention, conflict resolution, course schedule creation/editing, course rotation creation/editing, degree plan creation/editing, syllabi collection for classes, roster creation/editing, attendance to community events such as education fairs and similar events. Some other tasks include occasional data crunching, facilitating and holding staff/faculty meetings, and occasional travel is required.

Management is excellent, I couldn't ask for a better supervisory team. Co-workers are equally as enjoyable and hard-workers.
Pros
plenty of vacation time, free tuition, nice work environment.
Cons
pay is not competitive, which results in high turnover.

Want to know more about McKendree University?

Ask a question
Work Experience
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, ILJune 12, 2013
It was a work study job, I usually stack and pull books from the shelves, greet people and help them find a book. My co-workers was also my classmates so it was easy to adapt to the environment and get along with everyone. I enjoyed this job because it did not clash with my classes.
Pros
on campus
Cons
cannot work that many hours a week
Computer Lab Assistant
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, ILAugust 27, 2012
Tech support, computer and printer, as time went on I was entrusted to do password changes management and coworkers were good.

I liked helping the older students because, they were polite and they knew I could help.

There were some younger students who were jerks
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
part time
Learning and Putting it to Work
Sporting Event Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, ILMay 18, 2014
Not only is this place I learned but I was able to put it to work. They have so many volunteer or paid positions that students can help put their knowledge to work.
unique working environment with many opportunities
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, ILApril 30, 2014
Undergraduate position that gives unique, fun, opportunistic environment. Very supportive staff that allows for growth and outlet for creative ideas.
Relaxed working environment
Network Communicator/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, ILJune 24, 2013
Very relaxed learning environment. No room for advancement. Management position was constantly changing.
great place
Assistant Wrestling Coach (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, ILJanuary 14, 2013
loved working there..met some my best friends there.. lots of interaction with athletes.
Pros
great place
Delightful campus. First College in Illinois and latest University
Senior ADjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, ILApril 3, 2013
1. The typical day may start with classes at 9 AM and go to 5 PM, if at a travel campus.
2. Some days start 4:30 and go as long as 10 PM.
3. If doing a distance on-line class, will be an 8 week class.
4. Have many IT educational programs throughout the year.
5. As an Adjunct,only see peers on these Education days or at graduation.
6. Only see Director if at a volunteer program for the University or at graduation.
7. Are encouraged to develop new programs if supported by Faculty Meeting.
8. The most enjoyable and rewarding part of the program is teaching the students. We bring the BSN
Completion program to about 7 Community College areas. These students are so excited to be able to earn a BSN without needing to travel outside of their community.
Pros
small campus, all instructors/professors are phd's in nursing program (or working to complete it), excellent classes, enthusiastic adult students.
Cons
part time faculty members have been phased out, i am the only one left, i do not know how long i will be offered a 3 credit hour class to teach, i started out 9 years ago teaching 20 credit hours per 8 week semester, (the department only had 2 full time phd's), in the past 3 years, we have changed from 20 adjuncts to 10 full time faculty.

4.6