McKendree University

McKendree University Employer Reviews

Learning and Putting it to Work
Sporting Event Management Coordinator (Former Employee), Lebanon, ILMay 18, 2014
Not only is this place I learned but I was able to put it to work. They have so many volunteer or paid positions that students can help put their knowledge to work.
unique working environment with many opportunities
Resident Assistant (Current Employee), Lebanon, ILApril 30, 2014
Undergraduate position that gives unique, fun, opportunistic environment. Very supportive staff that allows for growth and outlet for creative ideas.
Great place to work, good management
Academic Advisor (Current Employee), Radcliff, KYJuly 8, 2013
Pros: plenty of vacation time, free tuition, nice work environment.
Cons: pay is not competitive, which results in high turnover.
Typical day at work consists of contacting students/faculty via email and phone to get various tasks accomplished. Tasks include student registration, retention, conflict resolution, course schedule creation/editing, course rotation creation/editing, degree plan creation/editing, syllabi collection for classes, roster creation/editing, attendance to – more... community events such as education fairs and similar events. Some other tasks include occasional data crunching, facilitating and holding staff/faculty meetings, and occasional travel is required.

Management is excellent, I couldn't ask for a better supervisory team. Co-workers are equally as enjoyable and hard-workers. – less
Relaxed working environment
Network Communicator/ Team Leader (Former Employee), Lebanon, ILJune 24, 2013
Very relaxed learning environment. No room for advancement. Management position was constantly changing.
Work Experience
Library Assistant (Former Employee), Lebanon, ILJune 12, 2013
Pros: on campus
Cons: cannot work that many hours a week
It was a work study job, I usually stack and pull books from the shelves, greet people and help them find a book. My co-workers was also my classmates so it was easy to adapt to the environment and get along with everyone. I enjoyed this job because it did not clash with my classes.
Delightful campus. First College in Illinois and latest University
Senior ADjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Lebanon, ILApril 3, 2013
Pros: small campus, all instructors/professors are phd's in nursing program (or working to complete it), excellent classes, enthusiastic adult students.
Cons: part time faculty members have been phased out, i am the only one left, i do not know how long i will be offered a 3 credit hour class to teach, i started out 9 years ago teaching 20 credit hours per 8 week semester, (the department only had 2 full time phd's), in the past 3 years, we have changed from 20 adjuncts to 10 full time faculty.
1. The typical day may start with classes at 9 AM and go to 5 PM, if at a travel campus.
2. Some days start 4:30 and go as long as 10 PM.
3. If doing a distance on-line class, will be an 8 week class.
4. Have many IT educational programs throughout the year.
5. As an Adjunct,only see peers on these Education days or at graduation.
6. Only see Director – more... if at a volunteer program for the University or at graduation.
7. Are encouraged to develop new programs if supported by Faculty Meeting.
8. The most enjoyable and rewarding part of the program is teaching the students. We bring the BSN
Completion program to about 7 Community College areas. These students are so excited to be able to earn a BSN without needing to travel outside of their community. – less
Fantastice work experience
Intramural Coordinator/ Lair Manager (Former Employee), Lebanon, ILJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: great co-workers and boss as well as terrific learning experience
Cons: lack of hours
This was a job I held for the most part during my entire college tenure. It was a work study job but it was a great learning experience and possibly the best boss I have ever had. My boss taught me many things about leading as well how to run operations within this area of the school. The individuals I worked with were students just like myself who – more... all had the same agenda to get a a good learning experience but have fun while they did it. – less
great place
Assistant Wrestling Coach (Former Employee), Lebanon, ILJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: great place
loved working there..met some my best friends there.. lots of interaction with athletes.
Abiltiy to be flexible and helpful while instructing the students of the subject matter
Adjunct Instructor - Marketing (Current Employee), Lebanon, ILNovember 13, 2012
Taught an online class to help develop future leaders. Understanding the retail side of the business enables the student to look at products in a different light and creates a clear direction on the avenues of distribution and the other 4 Ps of marketing.

Staff is supportive of my primary position at Anheuser-Busch.

Most difficult part of the job – more... was no face time with the students to see if they actually undertstood the concepts being presented. – less
Computer Lab Assistant
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Lebanon, ILAugust 27, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: part time
Tech support, computer and printer, as time went on I was entrusted to do password changes management and coworkers were good.

I liked helping the older students because, they were polite and they knew I could help.

There were some younger students who were jerks
Great Place to work as an Adjunct Professor
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Radcliff, KYMay 1, 2012
Pros: i love teaching, training, mentoring, and coaching.
Cons: as an adjunct professor, you work as needed.
If you enjoy learning you will enjoy Mckendree University. The students are military, civilian, veterans, retirees, and young adults who all have value to add to the learning. The hardest part of the job is trying to figure out everyone's learning style in a short amount of time. What I have learned is that some people will never be satisfied.