McKendree University Employee Reviews

University Student Worker
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, ILMay 15, 2017
I enjoyed working with the Division of Nursing staff over the last four years and will miss it. They are great group of educators to work for. This is also a great university to attend as a student.
McKendree University Athletic Training
Athletic Training Student (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, ILMarch 30, 2017
As a student going through this program it was very challenging but rewarding. I got to experience many different techniques and work with different sports teams. The hours were long but the athletes and ATCs made it fun.
Very nice place for working
Information Technology Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, IL 62254March 29, 2017
Working at McKendree University may be challenging, but rewarding. A typical day may involves a mixture of daily maintenance and recurring tasks as well a new projects or challenges to be accomplished. Management is flexible and sensitive to family needs. During my tenure at McKendree, I have learned that integrity, professionalism and dedication are important and appreciated. The hardest part of the job is to have limited financial resources. The most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to solve problems or come up with solutions to new challenges. Being able to help other staff members to resolve issues provides me a great deal of satisfaction.
McKendree GA
Sports Information Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, ILFebruary 7, 2017
The people are great, and the amount of responsibility that you will be given is a great way to earn experience in an entry level or graduate assistant position
Pros
freedom to operate
Cons
long hours, nights, weekends
Thankful
Defensive Coordinator, Linebacker Coach (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, ILJanuary 30, 2017
I am thankful for the opportunity I was given at McKendree University. It is a growing campus with excellent leadership.
enjoyable
Defensive Line Coach (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, ILJanuary 23, 2017
although the facilities are not the greatest for a professional job I did enjoy the management. I do believe that the higher up were trying to do their best and treat everyone well. I wish they paid better but wasn't bad for a starter job or a retirement job.
Fun Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, ILNovember 4, 2016
it was a great experience for me being that I played basketball from them as well. working for them showed me how to be a great sales person and how to always have a great attitude on the job.everyone was very friendy and very helpful as well.
Great position to learn and grow
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, ILNovember 2, 2016
Although we have assigned duty days this is technically a full time job since you never know when someone may need you. I've learned to always be two steps ahead because sometimes this job requires you to give time to others instead.
An amazing opportunity
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, ILOctober 20, 2016
Having the opportunity to be a student worker within the university's Computing Division has been one of the most memorable of my college career. I have made outstanding connections within the school through the Computing Division faculty, and the students who regularly use the lab. Working in groups, and independently, on projects have sharpened both my technical skills and interpersonal skills. The faculty have also been great in assisting me with my goals and projects when it was needed.
Good
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, ILJune 21, 2016
Nice place to work if you are a student who likes to get your work done. Easy to log in and complete homework while you wait to help someone
Pros
Able to study/do homework
It was a Work Study
Temporary Student Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, ILApril 1, 2016
This position was based out of my school, and it simply provided me with pocket change or just some extra hand cash when I needed it. Nothing more, nothing less.
Pros
It helped provide pocket change
Cons
Work Study Only
Always changing
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, ILFebruary 10, 2016
The people are wonderful, the students are amazing, but the work is just too simple. I prefer something with a bit of a challenge.
Intern
ATHLETIC EQUIPMENT ROOM INTERN (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, ILFebruary 1, 2016
Great place to work. I had great mentors,and the environment was a fun friendly and productive place. I really enjoyed my time at Mckendree
Enjoyed gaining knowledge and skills
Athletic Training Student (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, ILAugust 14, 2015
Worked with staff and student to rehab student Athletes at McKendree University. Was able to observe AT at work and learn about the Athletic Training field. Was able to rehab Athletes of various sports and abilities. WAs able to volunteer at various sports tournaments.
Pros
gain knowledge and skills
Productive and fun
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, ILNovember 10, 2014
A typical day working in operations is hard to explain because no day was the same as the next. i learned to manage my time better while setting up for events. The most enjoyable part of the job was being around my co-workers because they made it engaging and fun. They made me love what i was doing and want to return and continue doing it again.
Nice job
Desk Worker (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, ILJune 16, 2014
This job was very fun and since it is located at Mckendree University u get to be around other college students and the work is not hard at all. the only bad part of this job is one is paid by their financial aids work study package. typical the most a student can make in a year is two thousand dollars a year and when you get close to that mark your hpurs will get cut or of u pass it you will be let go. Also one can only work 15 hours a week.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Minimum hours and pay
Learning and Putting it to Work
Sporting Event Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, ILMay 18, 2014
Not only is this place I learned but I was able to put it to work. They have so many volunteer or paid positions that students can help put their knowledge to work.
unique working environment with many opportunities
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, ILApril 30, 2014
Undergraduate position that gives unique, fun, opportunistic environment. Very supportive staff that allows for growth and outlet for creative ideas.
Great place to work, good management
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Radcliff, KYJuly 8, 2013
Typical day at work consists of contacting students/faculty via email and phone to get various tasks accomplished. Tasks include student registration, retention, conflict resolution, course schedule creation/editing, course rotation creation/editing, degree plan creation/editing, syllabi collection for classes, roster creation/editing, attendance to community events such as education fairs and similar events. Some other tasks include occasional data crunching, facilitating and holding staff/faculty meetings, and occasional travel is required.

Management is excellent, I couldn't ask for a better supervisory team. Co-workers are equally as enjoyable and hard-workers.
Pros
Plenty of vacation time, free tuition, nice work environment.
Cons
Pay is not competitive, which results in high turnover.
Relaxed working environment
Network Communicator/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, ILJune 24, 2013
Very relaxed learning environment. No room for advancement. Management position was constantly changing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McKendree University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5