McKenzie Willamette Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Uncomfortable place to work
Director Case Management (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORSeptember 8, 2015
This was a for profit hospital and was run that way. The bottom line was the focus. Staff were difficult not open to change or learning.
There was hard work and very little enjoyment.
I would not encourage anyone to work there.
Pros
Hospital provides good care
Cons
difficult staff
Small community hospital with good reputation for the care provided
RN Chart Auditor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORJune 2, 2015
A small community funded hospital that has been purchased by large business corporation. The transition from a non profit to for profit has been challenging.
The services provided are far superior now that we have a large parent organization.
Pros
excellent medical coverage
Cons
high turnover of management
workplace
Patient Access Clerk (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORApril 30, 2015
Working at McKenzie Willamette Medical Center was a very stressful position and you need to make sure that you do everything that the lead people want you to do
Pros
coworkers
Overall a great team to work with
Inpatient Physical Therapist, (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OregonMarch 28, 2015
I'd be still there if it weren't for two vindictive and malicious Discharge Planners (out of 4) and a couple of senior clinical RNs. I worked in most areas of the hospital and was kept busy in a variety of departments throughout the day. The entire inpatient therapy team was awesome and fun to work with as were many of the clinical RNs with whom I still keep contact either by email or FB. Hardest part of the job was working as a team with some of the senior RNs mentioned above. The enjoyable part was dealing with my patients, my therapy colleagues, the staff doctors and most of the clinical RNs who were not so senior and many of the hard-working CNAs. I enjoyed many from all departments in the hospital and I was known to many.
Pros
a great team overall; benefits !!! and working environment
Cons
Mismanagement of financial and staff resources
great family
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORMarch 9, 2014
I enjoyed my time employed at McKenzie. I would reccomend to anyone their outstanding medical service and the benifits of being an employee
Pros
great benifits
Cons
changing medical field in america
Well.....
clerk (Former Employee) –  spfldJanuary 17, 2014
When I first came in everyone was nice. Then, i mentioned something that the head lady didn't like. She never said a word. She proceeded to load me down with stuff. Then she wanted to know how old I was? This went on for 10 weeks. They are "cliquey" and don't know how to treat co-workers. The public is safe, here. They are the bread and butter, so to speak.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
gossipy
horrible rude managers and coworkers
P (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORAugust 24, 2013
this was a horrible place to work. The CVOR team members were rude and not welcoming at all and the manager was right on board with them. I have never felt so un welcomed at a new job before.
Pros
descent pay
Cons
attitudes
Fast paced, rigorous environment
Assistant Director, Patient Financial Services (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ORApril 8, 2013
I love working for McKenzie-Willamette, I have been afforded great opportunities here and have a top notch executive team, but now I need a new opportunity for growth at a director level position.
Pros
love mckenzie-willamette
Cons
in spite of executive support, difficult to advance.
Productive with high encouragement from co-workers.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORAugust 2, 2012
I enjoyed working at the hospital. My managers, however, didn't make some days enjoyable. They have a bad reputation for treating the employees poorly (myself not excluded). They did not look into bad rumors about me, until they were given no other choice to find out that the rumors was false. They were unethical when it came to employees' rights.

When I did not have to deal with those managers, my days were enjoyable for I was able to keep busy and productive.
Pros
friendly co-workers.
Cons
corrupted managers.