McKesson Specialty Health

McKesson Specialty Health Employer Reviews

MSH - work life balance
Product Manager - Data Services (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXJuly 31, 2014
Pros: good environment. healthcare.
Cons: lower pay compared with other industries.
Good environment for work/life balance for the right jobs. Management is overworked, and leadership can be ineffective at times.
productive, fun place to work
COORDINATOR (Former Employee), San FranciscoJuly 22, 2014
nothing will be the same as the day before, typical work day, managments is very hands on loved my supervisor. the most enjoyable part of the job was the communication that is involved everyday
Productive and fast paced work environment with great friendly people
REMS iPledge Support Representative (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 14, 2014
Pros: friendly enviroment, potlucks
Cons: work hours
I would take about 60 calls a day from Patients, Pharmacies, Prescribers and Wholesalers. The calls could be for anything from unlocking accounts and generating passwords, to processing prescription information or entering Patients into the system. I learned about the drug Isotretinoin and the severe risks from the drug. The management in the program – more... I work in at McKesson are great people, who attempt to accommodate and help their employees as much as possible. I work alongside an awesome group of friendly entertaining people, who will go out their way to assist others. The hardest part of the job would have to be making sure you have the correct information when contacting drug Manufacturers about Potential Adverse Events. What I enjoy the most is speaking with a stakeholder (Patient, Pharmacy, Presciber or Wholesaler) and ending the call with the caller happy and satisfied as they were successfully assisted. – less
Great team of people that works here
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXMay 1, 2014
Pros: working for a company that believed
Cons: management was never really available, moral in my dept was sometimes low, everyone worked so hard and were never really appreciated it seemed
I enjoyed coming to work everyday and enjoyed keeping the "flow of the everyday office life.
Good company to work with and great employees
Reimbursement Counselor (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSApril 15, 2014
Pros: hours i worked 10am-7pm.
Cons: short breaks and job moved to another state.
Day begins by receiving calls from clients looking to obtain assistance with getting free medication. Job required that you obtain clients personal demographics which included income and any insurance information. Evaluating the clients information to determine if they will qualify for programs available based on clients and government qualifications. – more... I learned how to work with medicare and other government agencies to help clients qualify for programs.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to get a person who needed help obtain it. The most enjoyable part was being able to get clients approved for prorgrams in a timely manner once they provided all their information. – less
great way to build a rapport
Customer Care Rep II (Current Employee), TNApril 10, 2014
Learned different aspects of the business unit within a healthcare setting
Work
Contract Manager -Legal Department (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 19, 2014
A typical day at work
Work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
No honesty
Patient Support Specialist (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZFebruary 9, 2014
They will tell you that you are going to be there a certain amount of time, make it sound like you are guaranteed a full time job for contractors, to not worry, and at the end of the day they will fire you with no warning.
good place to work
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee), TNJanuary 25, 2014
Excellent team members and a nice facility make working here very pleasant,
Productive and collaborative workplace
Regulatory Affairs Supervisor (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXDecember 10, 2013
Great work environment and management is understanding and helpful. Flexible work hours. Constant improvement of processes and quality of services to clients.
Good benefits
Business Office Manager (Current Employee), Boardman, OHNovember 18, 2013
Very good TOWP program
Good benefits
Hardest part is keeping up with the increase with minimal staff
Productive and fun workplace
Workforce Management Data Analyst (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 22, 2013
A typical day at work - forecast call demand, update agent schedules, monitor real time call activity and agent behavior, and support operations management with email requests.
The hardest part of the job - Meeting service level goal by the deadline
The most enjoyable part of the job - Working on different projects
The US Oncology Network/McKesson Specialty Health
Regional Director (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXSeptember 24, 2013
I enjoy my work every day! I was very fortunate to be part of an organization that was committed to their patients and customers. I provided The US Oncology Network sites strategic planning, business development, and drove growth to all the sites in my region. I enjoyed training and developing my staff. I'm seen by my peers as a team player, and always – more... willing to help. – less
Provides great care
Director (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXAugust 1, 2013
Great to patients and great physicians. A lot of corporate changes due to health care reform.
A fast paced environment.
New Account Coordinator (Current Employee), TNJuly 4, 2013
Pros: health benefits and paid time off.
Cons: work hours, 10 - 7
McKesson provides medicines for life threatening illnesses and I am very proud to be a part of the. I have learned to work under pressure and meet numerous deadlines. The management is not the best but I do enjoy my co-workers. Everyone in my department works together to get the job done. The work hours are not very enjoyable.
Engaging Workforce
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSJune 6, 2013
Extremely dedicated workforce! Patient care is foremost in their mind.
It was a nice work enviorment.
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSMay 20, 2013
Handled over 65 inbound calls a day to assist patients with medication.
Call center environment
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZMarch 22, 2013
Pros: fortune 50 company good benefits
Cons: call center environment
This is a fast paced company working with many different drug companies using customer service and medical insurance skills to provide the patient with the best value available for the cost of the medication. This is especially important to the medicare part D plans where you are dealing with the GAP when the patient is responsible for 100% of the cost.
Great place to work with a great network engineering team
Sr. Network Engineer (Former Employee), Woodland, TXJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: salary and benifits, great it team
Cons: long hours, stressful
- checking ticket ques
- troubleshooting network outages
-providing customer service
- training on new equipment
-co workers great like family
-stress is hardest part of job, network outages mean pacients cannot be treated for cancer related illnesses.
Great position for a young college graduate
Regional Director of Business Development (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: benefits, flex schedule and opportunity for advancement
Cons: senior management
Great culture for a young start up whom desires immediate beginning to intermediate learning skills in the specialty pharma space.