McKesson Specialty Health Employee Reviews

Interesting Company to be at
Telecommunications Engineer (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 7, 2016
There is plenty of work to be done, but with little person there. Company compensates nicely, but there is little work/life balance depending your role. Enjoy doing what I do just not having to do other people job roles for them when there is plenty of work to be done.
Pros
Compensation, Training
Cons
Little work/life balance, management decisions need improvement
McKesson Specialty Health
Quality Assurance Analyst III / Interface Engineer (Former Employee) –  Woodlands, TXMay 26, 2016
McKesson Specialty Health has very abrasive Management that does not promote a Job Work/Life Balance. They want people at their desk and count on out of the country contract employees to maintain their aggressive work life.
Pros
Good Benefits for Health Insurance
Cons
Bad Management
Good company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2016
Good company to work for. Only issue is they hire and promote bad managers with poor management and employee development skills. HR sides with managers in any issue and place a lot of power on them which is not fair when dealing with employee and manager issues (especially if you have a bad manager). Great benefits but bad base salary ranges.
benefits
Cons
don't train managers adequately
Conservative Culture, but Relatively Stable Company
Director (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 15, 2016
Very financially responsible company, which can be a pro or con depending on if you're in a profitable group or not. Collegial atmosphere, but there is no doubt that it's every man or woman for themselves. Some groups are 9 to 5 paper pushers - management is very competent and focused on the bottom line. Not a bad place to work, but uninspiring and the typically corporate juggernaught.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Recent Layoffs, Below-Market Wages, Stingy Benefits Plans
A great place to work
Research Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76177April 28, 2016
When I worked for McKesson, I loved my job. I had great hours, benefits, and pay. I couldn't complain about anything honestly.

I was sad I had to leave only due to family reasons.
productive and fun to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 21, 2016
You first find it easy to adjust in a work place, but it still needs some work in the training area. You set with someone that is working and try to learn from them. But times you still need a management team to come and train to insure you know what that you are able to complete a daily task and know the complete SOP of the job position. I still enjoyed working for this company, but at the end I felt like I was always starting over each day, because so many people was telling me different things about the same job area I was working in and not the same way of doing it.
Pros
Was fun to work at, free lunches when team completed the work required
Cons
Needs more training materials and train time.
Great company with great opportunities
Sr Manager Network Accounting (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXSeptember 29, 2016
McKesson does a great job retaining employees and promoting from within. I have been given many opportunities here and in previous jobs I have not found this to be the case. My manager is amazing and she includes me in all conversations so that I am always informed.
Pros
Great location, leadership is talented
Cons
Short sighted decisions made at high levels
Fast paced environment
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 24, 2016
Work load was always fast paced - quick turn around on projects is requested frequently. On the plus side almost everyone in IT works from home regularly, which improved the work life balance immensely. Down side was there was always something that required a late night or a spent weekend or two. Good people, job demands made balancing personal needs difficult at times.
Pros
Work from home, lots of expertise to learn from.
Cons
Always had "special needs" projects that required personal sacrifice.
Good, Strong Company
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMay 21, 2016
McKesson is a good company to work for, very team oriented. My job requires a lot of travel which takes a bit too much time away from family but allows for flexibility in my schedule when I am home. Flexible work schedule when needed. Company prefers to promote it's employees from within to new positions when possible. Encourage employees to grow by providing training and educations internally.
Pros
Able to grow personally and professionally
Cons
Too much time away from home
Productive and great to work for
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 7, 2016
Great upper management teams and great support with everything from personal to business. A great place to progress and learn a lot.
Over all
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 26, 2016
It was an okay job to work. I would have stayed there but I became disabled at that time of employment. I don't want to disclose any further information.
Professional and well rounded company.
Reimbursement Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 21, 2016
I have advanced through the chain of command easily at McKesson. I enjoy my daily duties, peers and staffs that I interact with on a daily basis. I feel rewarded at the end of the day knowing that I am employed a great company that offer an abundance amount of opportunities.
Professional but fun
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 24, 2016
Children's hospital has plenty of incentives for their patients and employees. They like to be creative and have fun at times like Holidays (Christmas and Halloween).
Pros
Great Job!
Cons
Better pay
Nice place to work.
HR Associate - HRIS (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJune 29, 2016
Enjoyed doing my job and answering questions from the practices.
Most were hard workers.Learned two software in least than 9 months,
Pros
Good working envirnonment.
Cons
I thought the insurance could have been better.
Fast paced job with great break rooms
Customer Service/Data Entry Rep (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 31, 2016
The workplace and culture were both tolerable although it could've been better. There was too much favoritism which made it a difficult place to work. The co workers under the same supervision than myself was the most enjoyable part of of the job.
Pros
Easy job with nice break rooms.
Cons
Too much favoritism and lack of assistance with management/recruiter
Very busy place to work, work life balance does not exist
Director (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 26, 2016
The hardest part of the job is trying to remain focused and positive with the amount of hours you are required to put in. The higher ups are more concerned about quantity rather than quality and leadership is too focused on financial outcomes.
IT Architect (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 11, 2016
Good company to work for. Considerable opportunities to make an impact. Open to change. Large organization with offices throughout USA.
No Human aspect
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 5, 2016
Training OK, feeback poor, compliance impossible. Instruction differ from supervisor to supervisor so it's hard to know how to deal with policies. New phone program made it hard to complete customer service.
Pros
Cons
Too many to state
Na
Customer Care Rep (Current Employee) –  La Vergne, TNMay 23, 2016
Taking calls from acct holders to ensure they are assisted with whatever issues that come up. Invoice request and order placing happens the most
Great possibilities in the right position
Help Desk Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 25, 2016
This is an amazing company to work for, however the politics of my particular position/team cancelled out any chance of fulfilling the career I could have had here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McKesson Specialty Health. Our community is ready to answer.