McKesson Employee Reviews

Found 1,167 reviews matching the search
productive
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXFebruary 11, 2016
great place to work for a steady paycheck, but don't expect to move up in the company without a degree.They do treat everyone with respect but I would say a downfall is that you never know what time you will get off work.
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLFebruary 10, 2016
Good hours. Good pay. Great work environment. Good management. Great insurance benefits. I really enjoyed working in their coding department.
Pros
lots of pros
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZFebruary 7, 2016
This place started off as a really awesome place to work. Management changed and things got shady and the place was miserable to show up to each day.
Busy and highly productive workplace
Systems Administrator/ Computer Operations Support (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 6, 2016
Fixing problems and creating reports is the full amount of what you do all day. You are constantly on your toes moving around to different issues.
Met great people within the company
AP/ AR Return to Vendor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXFebruary 5, 2016
There was never a dull moment in my work day as the AP/AR Returns Supervisor. It was a daily job of multi-tasking escalated unpaid deductions, approving payments above representative's threshold, sending weekly performance reports, and holding meetings as to how we can improve our team dynamic and performance. The hardest part of the job was coming in as an outside hire, in a supervisory role, and earning each team members respect. This was probably the biggest goal achieved, because I had to be able to separate the task at hand, and not feel as though anyone was offended with constructive criticism. In due time, with individual one on ones, we were able to build individual professional relationships, which in turn helped our team turn more positive as opposed to coming in on the first day. I enjoyed getting each task done on my to-do list of priorities each day and knowing at the end of the day I was productive. It was definitely challenging with my own work load and the escalations of others, but that is what I enjoy most. There was not much interaction between myself and upper management due to the sheer size of the company, but the meetings we did attend together, they were always open to ideas and had the company's best interest at heart.
Pros
great health coverage, nice people, flexible schedule
Cons
not just one ERP system, Had manual and multiple databases had been made into one would have made our job much easier
A day at work
Document Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, ILFebruary 3, 2016
Co-workers are great, a typical day at work was updating SOP's and inspection documents using our electronic document software. Verifying lot numbers for product inspected overseas. Verifying all sterility certs matched the product we received in. I have learned about 21CFR, all coworkers care about their job. The most enjoyable part of the job is everyday is different
Pros
Great work enviroment
meh
A/R Specialist (Current Employee) –  Queensbury, NYFebruary 2, 2016
The job itself is a difficult one. It can be very frustrating at times. Most people that work there dont understand that it pays well for this area. The best part of the job is the group of people that i work with. THey are fantastic. A typical day i start with email and working things that have been sent to be done in email. Then i spend the rest of the day doing denials or whatever special projects management has to have done.
lot of work
Warehouse/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJFebruary 1, 2016
picking,packing and shipping medical supplies to the homes of patients adults and children alike loading and unloading trucks keeping the warehouse clean at all times.
Pros
nice caring environment
Cons
breaks and health care good
Great place to work with flexible work hours.
Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXFebruary 1, 2016
A typical day at McKesson was busy and very laid back. I learned a lot about the pharmaceutical business that was very interesting. Management was the best they went above and beyond. My co workers were the best team players ever. The hardest part of my job was at year end when I had to renew contracts. The best part of my job was management recognizing and rewarding employees for their work.
Pros
Work from home 3 days and flexible hours
Cons
Building
work
maint tech/ night shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 28, 2016
come to work prepared and on time everyday. McKesson takes great care of their employees and their customers this is a great place to work
Pros
great work life balance
Cons
needs to train operators better

Want to know more about McKesson?

Ask a question
Departmentally segregated
Regional Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2016
MedSurg business unit has gone through many changes since the PSS acquisition. The PSS culture was not carried over to the McKesson team.
Great place to learn medical billing, or payment posting
account receivable (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, MEJanuary 25, 2016
Great place, with great people. I have learned all about medical billing, dealing with insurance's, resolving problems with insurance and or patients in order to get the claims paid. Management is awesome and full of life and encouragement. The hardest part of my job is dealing with insurance to get them to pay claims. They will find the littlest reason in denying the claim and you have to spend 30 minutes or more on the phone on hold to try to resolve the issue at hand. I get a great feeling of accomplishment once I have the problem resolved. I have learned that you can't be sick at McKesson because you have to give a minimum of at least one day preapproved notice to have time off. I have seen many good people loose their position because of illness.
Pros
great work hours
Cons
the pay and raises
unedcation employees management
lead (Former Employee) –  chino caJanuary 23, 2016
a day at McKesson is bs I learned to kiss butt you get ahead management suck period co workers work hard don't get awarded hardest part of your job is to meet your goal only favorites meet the goal the most enjoyable part is clocking out job sucks don't apply trust me
Pros
management sucks
Cons
breaks
Excellent place to work.
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2016
Great pharmaceutical place to work. I directed the operation of the automation system to help the successful day in the pharmacy to deliver meds to patient in hospital.
Pros
work enviroment
Cons
No local office
Forced me to think big picture
Director of Corporate Strategy & Development (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 15, 2016
Great change from working in the details as an operator to a position where all that mattered was the macro trends.

Had access to all executives and was able to focus on 2-3 projects only and think deeply about each, as opposed to working in daily details on 100s of things at once.
Pros
Very balanced life style with low stress.
Cons
None.
This organization needs Strategic Management
Clinical Analyst (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 14, 2016
The work is rewarding however employees are over worked. Management is not professional nor knowledgeable, there is a unrealistic dependence on employees to do the work of management while they play. The employees themselves are hard working and good people, this organization cannot retain good employees. The employee turn around is pathetic.
Pros
Rewarding work
Cons
Horrible Management
Live here
customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 13, 2016
9-10 hour work days during business hours makes doing anything besides work nearly impossible.
Coworkers are friendly as are some managers, though they often do not provide feedback in a courteous or effective manner. The attitude if you don't know something is not to learn, but to transfer the call to someone that knows.

If you are a contractor, this company WILL take advantage of you, try to pay you less than your agency had told you, and will probably get rid of you when you're no longer needed.
Pros
They pay you
Cons
Long days, environment not conducive to learning, constantly trying to con contractors out of money
Very Large Company with Many Stakeholders
Consumer Products Category Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJanuary 13, 2016
Often very hard to get a decision from Senior Management on projects, process changes, etc. Goals often not clearly communicated.
Medical Biller
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 13, 2016
The company closed... we were working with outdated equipment. Still processing EOB manually.... Radiology billing company of a local hospital in Memphis.
great place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 13, 2016
My typical workday consisted of expense reports from the sales dept. After I got caught up with my duties I often cross-trained with other duties I the dept to try gain some knowledge of the other duties in the dept. I then often trained others about my job. I enjoyed the
inter act-ment of others.
Pros
celebatory lunches, such as holidays or departamental lunches for a project