McKesson Employee Reviews

Good Non Clinical Employment Flexible Option for RN's
Phone Triage/Chronic Disease Nurse Coach (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILOctober 22, 2017
McKesson is a leading edge, innovative healthcare company which provides flexible non clinical work opportunities for RN's who are working for positions in a non clinical settings.
Pros
Good Pay, Flexible Schedules
Cons
Very number oriented, felt like a machine often.
Fast and relaxed working enviroment
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEOctober 21, 2017
This is one of the better companies that I have worked for. Enjoyed every minute that I was there. The management worked with you when you need time with your family or if there was an emergency.
Used to be a good place to work
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAOctober 20, 2017
Company used to be a good place. Now not so much. Management is sometimes clueless, if you always agree with your manager you will do good. One AVP in particular has an open door policy, unfortunately it is only open when it is empty! Also they want you to talk to your direct supervisor and not bring up anything directly to them.
A very nice place to work
Sr. Account Receivable Representative II (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXOctober 20, 2017
Working at McKesson was very pleasurable. I learned how to become a better employee, how to work more socially, how to balance my workflow. I received exceptional training, and the management was very professional. The staff from the bottom to the top, was treated equally throughout the organization. McKesson, allowed everyone to be aware of situations as they occured throughout the company. McKesson was a fair, loyal, equal, legitimate company to work.
Pros
Learning, management, training
Cons
n/a
It was okay
Accounts Receivable Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 19, 2017
It was an okay job. The pay was good and I loved the people I worked with. Not a very good work/life balance. It was very laid back but started getting more stressful due to change in management.
Poor Management
Citrix Support Engineer, The primary duties (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 19, 2017
Day to day was spent supporting the hospital users, night were utilized to upgrade the terrible McKesson Paragon application. Management does not care about the employees.
Pros
Teammates I worked with
Cons
McKesson Management does not care about the people that worked there
Ok
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 18, 2017
I enjoyed working with others and documenting requirements. I learned communication is a key factor in being successful. The hardest part of my job was being able to meet with the key stakeholders to define the requirements.
I enjoyed working at McKesson
PATIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  300 ne Peacock BlvdOctober 18, 2017
McKesson offered career advancement but only most people got the advantage of moving up. The work place is friendly and layed back with a business overtone.
Poor Management
Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Queensbury, NYOctober 17, 2017
There is a lack of communication to the employees. They also under-compensate. This job is fine to get a couple years of experience but not a great place to have a career. The company has good benefits but lack in compensation.
Pros
Compensation, Paid time off
Cons
Poor Management, Lack of Communication
Liked the job
Computer Room Operator (Current Employee) –  Delran, NJOctober 17, 2017
I like the job simple easy. Would have liked more training and hours which are more predictable and conducive to a home life. If it was on a schedule that I was able to see the family more I would never leave.
Pros
Pay, vacation time and vision insurance.
Cons
Hours rarely steady and hours you work (midnight)

Want to know more about McKesson?

Ask a question
work life balance and competitive salary
Accounting Associate IV / Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 16, 2017
Enjoyed working at McKesson. I enjoyed doing the job which was very challenging and rewarding at the end. There was always something new to learn. The benefits were good and I find it to be a
great for employment.
Pros
good company to work for
Depends on the division
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 16, 2017
I was hired after 90 days working as a temp. Unlimited OT at the time because we were so behind. We also went from hour lunches to 30-minute lunches because we were so behind. Many changes without the needed organization. Your job is pretty important, you're helping people receive their much-needed oncology medications. Teammates were a little difficult to deal with; nobody really wanted to take initiative for anything and wanted to play supervisor. New programs constantly without training.
Pros
minimum stress, new building, fulfilling job
Cons
short lunch, lack of organization
Loved the Challanges
Principle Software Engineer - R & D (Former Employee) –  Cranberry TWP, PAOctober 16, 2017
Worked on various software projects including voice interaction systems, Robotic in home and RFID location and tracking systems. The constant challenges was the best part of the job
Poor Management and Inconsistent
Clinical Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 16, 2017
Poor Management and Inconsistent. The management showed favoritism towards certain individuals. The pay is not enough for the amount of work you are required to do.
A typical day at work
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXOctober 15, 2017
A typical day at work would be unloading trucks daily and sorting packages to be put on pallets to be stocked. No AC in the warehouse which made it difficult to work some days.
fun productive
A/R Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSOctober 15, 2017
Now this place I really enjoyed working tried going back but the wasn't hiring enjoy all the co workers and the managers were great. No hard filling with this company all around great
Pros
free lunches all the time
Cons
short breaks
Great Company to Work for !
Documentation Specialist Medial Collections (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 13, 2017
The Post documentation position/ Collections position at Mckesson I found to be rewarding. It's business wraps around patient care and medical billing. I enjoyed my stay at Mckesson and would recommend to anyone seeking to work in a patient care environment.
McKesson Life
Customer Care Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 13, 2017
Typical Work Day - Meetings, one on one, training, dealing with account managers, clients, process management
What I learned - The complexities with working with account managers and multiple clients of the business
Workplace Culture - 'Good old boy's club mentality'
Most enjoyable part of the job - Some of the people I worked with
Benefits
Productive and always learning
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 12, 2017
The job has it's cycle throughout the month and year. Management is flexible with the work schedule as long tasks are completed on schedule. The company believes in a strong work/life balance.
Pros
Cons
Stressful at times
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 12, 2017
I love working for McKesson, but the business is in transition to move a lot of positions to the Texas area. It is unfortunate as a lot of jobs were lost and having to find new opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McKesson. Our community is ready to answer.