McKesson Employee Reviews

Fast-paced, Research Not a Priority to Company as a Whole
Regulatory Affairs Specilist II (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 20, 2018
Projects and opportunity for growth lacking for the CRO; SMO focuses on SSU and lack in maintenance. SMO prioritizes number of studies opened in Network over patient enrollment and data quality.
Medical Biller
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WashingtonJanuary 20, 2018
Worked as a medical biller within the organization. Worked medicaid
Customer Service reducing the A/R Collection. I love a team atnosphere and this was not about a team. It was the first thing I could get into because I moved down from Kirkland Washington
Pros
Variety of work duties
Cons
Managers were not around
As a Temp felt very out of place, too many clicks
General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NYJanuary 19, 2018
Had to ask everyday what they wanted me to do for the day. No structure. Was given no direction, spent more time sitting watching videos and town hall meetings than working.
Very stressful, "who you know" culture
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 19, 2018
McKesson has a history of allowing management to mistreat their employees. Working for them was the most stressful job because of management. Harassment levels high and no in house recourse. They don't protect or care much for their employees. The abuse I endured there was horrible. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.
Labor/Driver (Current Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILJanuary 18, 2018
Recommended to anyone who is looking for a 8 hour shift or more. Management can be a bit better at communication. they have great benefits for their employees.
Fast growing assortment of healthcare-related businesses
Director, Accounting (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 18, 2018
Rapid paced environment with various autonomous business units primarily in north America. Good people but sometimes difficult to collaborate across businesses and personalities.
Pros
cultural aspirations
Cons
competitive pressures on costs
alright place to work for those interested in that field
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Northborough, MAJanuary 18, 2018
It was a very physically grueling place to work. The conditions were a bit depressing as well. Never saw natural sunlight. Very strict about certain things as well.
Excellent Atmoshphere
A/R Specialist (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOJanuary 17, 2018
Great co-workers and exceptional management. The office environment was relaxed and comfortable to work in. And the workload was very manageable and understanding.
Pros
Was able to wear jeans
Cons
Pay was a little low
Great peers to work with.
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Newbury Park, CAJanuary 17, 2018
Aside from whom I met at the company, I did not enjoy working there. Management made promises that were not kept. A lot of two-faced people working in the call-center environment. Issues in the workplace, but nothing done about it. Everything, even bathroom breaks, were timed. Employees written up for practically everything and treated like bad children.
Pros
Cons
Treated unfairly.
There are a lot of different divisions at McKesson, I was in one that wasn't doing so well financially
A/R Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 17, 2018
Worked in a medical billing office. Learned a LOT about medical billing. Hardest part of the job was usually management, some good, and some a real pain. Oh, and the constant turnover, people would get a job, get trained, and then leave for better paying jobs elsewhere. The most enjoyable part of the job was the actual work, sometimes frustrating, but being able to do lots of different things, and completing the billing cycle and getting bills paid was very rewarding. The local office was closed, the remaining clients divided between other billing offices, and 30 people were laid off.
Pros
Very generous PTO, and lots of benefits. Lots of opportunities to move around in the company.
Cons
Some managers were good, others were not. Pay was not great.
Expierence
Patient Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJanuary 17, 2018
This was a great company to work for like most companies there are various of areas through out management training etc that can be worked on to improve the experience. Also if they are able to hire temp agents sooner than 90 days that would be a plus on the company will not have a high turn over.
Not a bad place to work
New employee Trainer (Former Employee) –  Northborough, MAJanuary 16, 2018
Working for mckesson is not bad at all at the time I was working there. There was a few thing that I will say is that the time that I was working there the managers are the problems
Great Opportunity
Disease Management Nurse (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJanuary 16, 2018
I really enjoyed the opportunity which McKesson offered me within this position.
This was a chronic disease management program to manage and decrease medical facility utilization.
Pros
Work from home, within client home, and PCP coordination for continuity of care
Cons
It became necessary to include nights and weekend rotations, from an original day shift position.
Very Strick
Operations Senior AR Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLJanuary 16, 2018
This is by the book office. I am sure McKesson, itself is much better than the Oldsmar office. The Oldsmar office is by the book. You meet production, and quality, or you are out the door. No excuses.
Pros
Flex time.
Cons
Production standards are too high to meet.
Good for Everyone but Management
Sr. Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 15, 2018
There is growth opportunity, you must network, there are a few times where people get jobs because they know someone who went to the same school but you get that everywhere.

The culture can be fun depending on your manager, I've been fortunate to have 2 good ones that often do team building things, go to lunch often and have water cooler talks randomly throughout the day.

The time I've worked there it seems dangerous to take certain management positions as those are the ones who get laid off periodically. Seems to be a cyclical thing its happen twice in my 2 years there.
Pros
Good Pay (Long as you Negotiate), Nice Environment, Benefits
Cons
Management Layoffs, Salary Increases (Once you've accepted a base)
Struggling just for the benefits
Narcotics Filler (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAJanuary 15, 2018
its union, so that's great. Management has an unreal view on how things could be more efficient. Also the pension is great. Overall I like the union better than the actual place of employment. Oh and a handful of coworkers.. Be aware that there are favorites by management.
Productive workplace, good work/home life balance
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 15, 2018
Supportive supervisors, good learning environment. Management does not encourage over time unless absolutely necessary. Great staff. Dealing with patients can be stressful at times but overall support on the part of management and staff members is very good. Have periodic office sponsored summer picnics and holiday events.
Pros
Lunch room, free coffee upstairs, nice restaurant downstairs
Cons
short breaks, 1/2 hour lunches
Cut throat
Material Handler/Shipping & Receiving (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FL & West SenecaJanuary 14, 2018
Everyone was afraid of losing their job. Can I keep up with their averages. No advancement at all. If you were not fast pace you lose your job. If you didn’t have everything correct you lose your job. Not a good job to have.
Pros
You can get hurt there very quickly
Cons
Your best bet is finding a different job than this.
Great Company
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 12, 2018
Great company to work for and if you like warehouse work, this is the company to work for. Climate controlled warehouse and the work is not too difficult at all. The Operations Manager was great. She knew my name before I even had met her and she checked up on me constantly. The Supervisors were great as well. Only reason I left McKesson was the hours were too long for me. Once they get fully staffed and figure out the hours, it will be a top notch warehouse to work for. I would consider going back.
Pros
Great team atmosphere, easy work, time passed fast
Cons
Long work days
Good Job
Dedicated customer service rep call center (Former Employee) –  Lavergne TNJanuary 12, 2018
Best place to work that I have ever had. I would definitely recommend this place to work. The hours and good . The supervisor treat you like adults.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McKesson. Our community is ready to answer.