McKesson Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,281 reviews matching the search
Not a good place to work
Material Handler II (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 29, 2016
This was the most horrible job i ever worked. There is no work life balance. Start at 8:30 AM and not off until 9- 1030 PM. Its very hard to get a day off. Management dont care you or your family. All the want to do is work you work you and work you. They have the worse attitude ever and they love to talk down to you. The leads dont help there team to get finished. They sit around all day talking on the phone. Management likes to sweep serious issues under the rug. Lots of harrasment and racial issues being swept under rug. They create unsafe environment for the employees. Its a very under paid job. They make billions of dollars in a quarter and pay there employees $11.40 a hour. They only thing good about McKesson is the benefits. The turn over rate is worse than McDonald's. They are very inefficient. Very high stress environment. No breaks after 8 hours. And very unsafe warehouse.
benefits
Cons
Everything about this place
Great place to learn medical billing, or payment posting
account receivable (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, MEJanuary 25, 2016
Great place, with great people. I have learned all about medical billing, dealing with insurance's, resolving problems with insurance and or patients in order to get the claims paid. Management is awesome and full of life and encouragement. The hardest part of my job is dealing with insurance to get them to pay claims. They will find the littlest reason in denying the claim and you have to spend 30 minutes or more on the phone on hold to try to resolve the issue at hand. I get a great feeling of accomplishment once I have the problem resolved. I have learned that you can't be sick at McKesson because you have to give a minimum of at least one day preapproved notice to have time off. I have seen many good people loose their position because of illness.
Pros
great work hours
Cons
the pay and raises
Very progressive
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 4, 2016
McKesson consistently raises the bar for excellence in project management. It is a challenging environment as most healthcare companies are today, but they respect their employees and deliver on promised made through performance appraisals and targets they set.
Pros
Remote Telecommuting
Cons
Rapid changes and demanding environment
Product Suppoert Specialist
Product Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 6, 2016
The team is great to work with however the management has been a tough one to keep up with. In my three years with the organization I have had 4 different managers.

The compensation is not fair. At the beginning I was hired as a Product Support Analyst but over the last year more and more job duties have been added to our roles due to layoffs across the organization. This caused major changes to our work schedule and harder to balance work and personal events. These additional job duties did not change our salary.
Progressive Healthcare company
Sourcing Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 22, 2015
Great place to start your career and take classes for advancement which they provide.

Management team cares about creating a solid team of professional to meet long term goals.

Laptop environment with good work life balance, working from home a couple of day a week is acceptable depending on what department you are in.
Pros
Educated friendly people, a very nice culture to be part of.
Cons
Old company with some processes needing change.
Only If You Really Need A Job
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJanuary 11, 2016
I don't want to make it sound like this is a horrible job, there are some positives. The latest shift ends at 5pm, there is a lot of eating, and you get paid to answer phone calls. The problem is the amount of phone calls that you take. Your going to get slammed and breaks will be shorter because of it. At the end of the day, your just burned out by the time you finish. Your asked to bluntly lie to the patients and it is not a guaranteed full time position when they tell you it will be. The pay is little and you get the impression that they do not care about you. I have seen pregnant employees receive points for having to leave the job to have their baby delivered. Take this job only if you really need work.
Pros
Opportunities for Advancement, Pot Lucks, Reasonable Clock Out Time
Cons
You Get Fat From the Potlucks, Management, A lot of Lies/Unfairness, Mental Burnout
Goal oriented and customer centered.
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXFebruary 18, 2016
I had a wonderful working experience with McKesson and would recommend this company. Great company, great management, conducive work environment, and friendly co-workers.
Pros
Diversity of culture, room for growth and training.
Cons
Too many changes and not enough work life balance.
Decent Place to work
Inventory Analyst (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXMarch 31, 2016
When I first start working here there was no work life balance. 12+ hour shifts were the norm. Eventually things got better but many people were burnt out and unhappy with the pay and lack of opportunity within the company.
Benefits
Cons
not many advancement opportunities
Good work life balance
Sr Finance Analyst/ Lead Six Sigma Analyst (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 22, 2016
Good work life balance, fair salary. I am currently still working there, but work advancement is slowing down. I would like to look for something more in a different field.
High intensity IT workplace.
Cloud Virtualization Engineer (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXNovember 9, 2015
MCK has good benefits and is a sound employer. Compensation is average in my area, but employment fairly stable though advancement is slow. The culture is conservative and resists change.
Pros
stable, vast array of technologies
Cons
slow advancement, little work life balance
Job with great benefits but terrible structure
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Clearbrook, VAMarch 20, 2016
There is great job security and benefits here; however, the compassion towards the employees are nonexistent. Employees are forced to work 14-16 hour days sometimes under the threat of being pointed if they leave before being allowed.
Pros
Health insurance, 401k, PTO
Cons
Hours, communication, organization
Worse place ever worked in
Material Handler/Replens (Former Employee) –  McKesson Clearbrook VAOctober 3, 2015
Worst management and organization of any company I've seen in over 40 years working at least at the Clearbrook Facility.
Work hours are general not established. You go in on your shift and they tell you that you have to work 10-12 hours or more. NO EXCEPTIONS. You leave you get wrote up and points.
Always finding ways to not promote or give projected pay raises.
Benefits are good as is vacation but otherwise the place is terrible.
If you have to work the overnite shifts in material handling or replens they lack a competent supervisor. They have lost over half the shift in several months there due to that.
Its funny though, The company is gung ho on meeting customer demands but seldom worry about the employees health issues or appointments, etc. THEY OWN YOU!!!! You leave when you ask permission too!
If you are not liked by management be prepared for them to find an exit ramp at the door for you.

Go there and work at your OWN risk!!!! They will tell you anything to get you in the door but many don't stay long after finding out the true story in the warehouse.
Pros
Good work environment, Fair starting wage, Benefits
Cons
Management is terrible, work life hours worse, too many expectations with too few people. Poor promotion system for raises.
very good company
Sr. Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  SomersstSeptember 24, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew and it was more difficult to get to know the new people. There was a lot of variety in what I did each day, ranging from the monotonous tasks to new projects that were challenging and exciting.
Pros
health benifits
I love the daily work and challenges I face doing that work
QA Analyst/Medical Claims Auditor (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 27, 2016
I have worked for Med3000/McKesson for almost 3 years now that I have been back in Florida.I have great work hours and I do get paid time off. I enjoy the work I do on a daily basis which is summed up as Proofing Claims for quality and errors before release of payment, training of staff on claim errors made, handling of provider complaints and claim rejections, processes daily reports for claims payment batch run. The work I do on a daily basis the most enjoyable part of my job. The hardest part of my job is that it seems im not supposed to collaborate with other departments on how to get the work done more efficiently, they say in meetings to me as a Quality Analyst that I am supposed to do this but when I try I get told to not discuss my work with other departments.. so the hardest part of this job is getting clarity on what to discuss and not discuss with co-workers who do the daily work. I have been a medical claims auditor/Quality analyst and Claims processor for over 9 years now and I definitely enjoy the challenges of the job. I like being able to recognize errors and set a plan of motion to correct them and make the work more streamline.
Pros
Great Benefits, great hours, i get to work from home 2 days a week
Cons
Management, indecisveness
Very productive, innovative, and interesting place to work
Assembly Tech II (Former Employee) –  Cranberry, Pa. 16066March 3, 2016
A typical day could involve working in various areas of the plant. We manufactured automated healthcare machines such as robotic pharmaceutical dispensers, nurse's carts, etc. It involved wiring, soldering, building components on an assembly line, making wire harnesses from start to finish, and also testing the finished product according to company rules and regulations. The hardest part of the job was that it could be hard on your hands at times. The most enjoyable was learning how to do each job and seeing the finished product when you were done. It was quite an accomplishment. You might have different co-workers on any given day and you work as a team on some days, alone on others. It was a very nice job.
Pros
Great benefits, nice working environment
Cons
sometimes could be hard on your hands, depending on what you were doing
Data Center Operations- very personal work environment
Computer Operations (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 29, 2016
Overall, I've worked in the Data Center Operations for McKesson for 14+ years. The management of the Data Center value hard work and knowledgeable employees. A typical day at work involves incident and change management, acknowledging, prioritizing, and assigning issues as they arise. Issues could include anything from mass outages on remote sites, delayed shipping from distribution centers, to server and network issues. When things are going smoothly, it can be a very stress-free workday, but when issues do come up, it can get very busy. Management within my dept is great, they are the biggest reason that I've stayed with the company for as long as I have.
Cons
Too large of a company overall, very impersonal outside of own dept.
Stressful and very clique-ish/Queensbury, N.Y
A/R specialist (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NYMarch 11, 2016
Loved learning the work, struggled for years to get into this place when they say no experience necessary. And never NEVER work there as a temp... you get treated poorly! The management says you will get hired on but it's never the date they say always some line of b.s. if your a snake you would get pretty far. Management is very hypocritical and very clique-ish love to play people on the same team against one another.... In other words it's like a romper room.... Such a shame! And don't have a family, they don't like that definitely don't have any emergencies.... You'll be canned quicker than you can bat an eye lash!!!
Pros
The work is interesting
Cons
to many to list but it's not the specific job duty
Pharmacy Technician/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  New Castle, PAMarch 30, 2016
Enjoyed my time there. Met some good people learned some valuable things. Got paid good and I enjoyed the raises. We stayed busy until the day we shut down and they laid off approximately 45 people. I had good memories there.
big on production, poor management, no work life balance, ok pay
material handler (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAJuly 26, 2015
So if your looking for a ok paycheck you will get enough overtime to last you. If you are a family person forget it because there is no work life balance if your kids or you do extracurricular activities forget it because you never know what time you will get off work. Lies after lies, management could give a craps less about you and a very poor running plant. Seriously this job is hard enough for a single person let alone a family person. Favoritism it's all in who you know some get treated great orthers like dirt if you bust your butt they will lie to you about advancement to keep you in that position. If you want a work life balance and better pay look elsewhere.
Pros
really nothing
Cons
pretty much the whole place is a con
Great place to contract at.
Business Analyst JDE Upgrade XE-E9.1 (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 11, 2016
Very good work environment.Highly competent and motivating Program Manager. Effective execution of Agile methodology. Corporate culture ICARE implemented diligently.
Pros
Very supportive Management team