McKesson Employee Reviews

Insurance is well you know
Insurance Representative (Former Employee), Port Saint Lucie, FLAugust 27, 2015
what can I say dealing with insurance companies is well you know. At least is was close to my husband so we could have lunch together every day.
Good company.
Technical Support Analyst, Level II (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Good company with good benefits
Cons: Harsh work environment.
The people that work there are good, hard working people that work there, but the environment is harsh. During my time working there I learned a lot about the Patient Folder software and what it takes to properly support that product.
High Turnover few reliable accurate resources
Help Desk Coordinator 340B Software Support (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 26, 2015
Pros: A paycheck
Cons: High turnover and few knowledgeable resources
Worked for Macro Helix Support. They use contractors frequently. There is not always someone who is knowledgeable to help. The resources they have are not always accurate. But you are held accountable if you give out wrong information. The quality assurance form is ridiculous and few meet it. They hold back there best people from advancing because there are not enough tenured reps to handle the case load.Management does not follow through on what they say the will do. They overload you with case work and say you don't do your job but they do not help you with how to solve the cases. I was a contractor there for 12 weeks and saw 15 people get fired, quit or not come back. Overall I would not work here again. Look else where for employment.
Great place to work but stressful
SAP FUNCTIONAL SD/LE CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAAugust 25, 2015
Very fast paced work environment. Need to constantly keep yourself updated if you want to be relevant to the company.

Very knowledgeable management.
Fast-paced
Contractor (Former Employee), RemoteAugust 24, 2015
Fast-paced with lots of change. Growth industry. Has its ups and downs. Management is uneven. Not much more to say. These prompts will not let me progress unless I type more, so I'm typing more.
Application Support
Senior Support Analyst (Former Employee), Waltham, MAAugust 21, 2015
The great thing about working at McKesson is that food was always available which is something I love to walk into. A cafe full of free food to keep me going through out the day.
Good Job if you don't want to keep learning or advancing
2nd Shift Lead Operator (Former Employee), Skokie, ILAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Hours set in stone
Cons: No way for further your knowledge or advance.
Job not bad to work for if you don't have any computer experience because you can pickup everything that they offer in Data Center Operations in 6-8 months. And the reviews they give you are so basic and not really related to your job because there is only so much that you can learn there, And as long as you meet average which is what always is met unless you are sleeping on the job you will get small bonus every year. Watch out for some people who have been there for some time because they don't like change and think they own the place,
An OK place to work
Employee (Former Employee), Suwanee,GaAugust 19, 2015
Pros: overtime
Cons: Management
It's a good place to work. Just need better management. The co-worker only wants to do what they want to do. Like I said it's an ok place to work
Start up phase
340B Audit Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 18, 2015
Company wide communications could be improved. The benefits provided by this employer are outstanding and the best by far I've seen out of a lot of companies.
McKesson people are repectful and reliable
Technical Trainer (Current Employee), Livonia Mi.August 18, 2015
Pros: Great People
Cons: 75% travel
I love the work environment. The training McKesson offers its staff and clients is second to none. The company treats for lunches and mixers on a regular basis. It is a very challenging job with 75% customer facing. We get to solve technical issues as well as train the software. "Keeps you on your feet".
n/a
Part-Patient Scheduler Rep (Current Employee), Port Saint Lucie, FLAugust 18, 2015
it is a good company to work for, plenty of room to grow within the company, clean and nice and friendly working environment.
Great trainers and great atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 17, 2015
Pros: excellent working/learning environment
Cons: temp to hire position
A typical day at McKesson involved actually helping people to be able to afford medications that will save their lives or the lives of their loved ones. I learned a little more about the functions of health insurance and how people can become qualified for the assistance that they deserve. My co-workers were very friendly and helpful. They made training and working there a pleasant experience. The hardest part of the job was working through calls with difficult customers that couldn't understand why they did not qualify for assistance or with customers that spoke minimal English. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help those in need and interact with co-workers that were able to do the same.
Pharmacy Technician 2 (Current Employee), Everett, WAAugust 15, 2015
Leaders here provide people with feedback. A lot of BBQ. A good job to start if you're looking to start in a Pharmacy setting.
What I Have Learned
Advisor (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 14, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: hard to get to know other people in other departments
Working for McKesson has been an experience because I am able to plan my own time and complete my tasks without a manager hoovering over me. I have learned how to become an account manager at my own pace.
good company to work for always get treated fairly
Material Handler (Former Employee), Industry, CAAugust 14, 2015
McKesson is such a great company to work for they offer great benefits would greatly recommend this company I've been with them for 5 years now
Good benefits package
Customer Service/ Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Greenville, TxAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Holiday lunches, benefits
Cons: trying to make you work overtime
Heavy work load at times. Learned on the in & outs of the medical billing world. Management was not stable but co-workers worked as a team. Nothing really too hard about the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was coming together for potlucks or Holidays.
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Lewiston, MEAugust 11, 2015
What is lacking in salary is made up for in flexibility and benefits including nearly 1 month's paid time off that has to be used annually or you lose it.
McKesson
MediMart Field Specialist (Former Employee), Golden Valley, MNAugust 11, 2015
I worked from home and managed a territory, My managers were very supportive. Our customer service team, that I reported to daily, were friendly and willing to help. A great company were I was given the opportunity to learn as much as I could. Very team oriented. I would recommend working for this company.
family-like mantality; "one team one goal"
Material Handler (Former Employee), Conroe, TXAugust 10, 2015
Pros: wage is great!!!
Cons: hours
walk 8-10 miles per night
dealt with DEA clerical work
Improved initiative skills
hardest part of the job is the hours, I work nights for 8yrs now, and the hours are rally taking a toll on personal life
Most enjoyable part of company is the benefits, and prizes given away as additional compensation.
Fast Paced and Demanding Hours
Matrial Hanlder 3 (Former Employee), Conroe,TXAugust 10, 2015
Pros: benefits were almost free
Overall working at Mckesson was very good experience. The duties that were to be performed were to lift about 700 to 1000 totes in a very fast pace environment. While doing so, I gained a tremendous amount of patience. The job is not the hardest, but it is so monotonous that one would like to give up. The management there was very helpful, and they always had an open door policy. The co-workers were very family oriented. They were always helpful. The hardest part of the job was that it was overnight. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was very fast pace. The nights seems to go very quickly.
Employees