McKesson

McKesson Employer Reviews

Worked here for 1 year. Ready for a change.
Senior Application Packager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: chance to learn other technologies. casual work environment.
Cons: management.
Decent work environment, casual clothing is allowed which is a nice perk. All the caffeine you can handle. Some very smart people working there to learn from.
Good company but doesn't care about
Operations (Current Employee), Delran, NJFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: hours and work load
Stay away. No chance for advancement. Growing to fast to ensure proper management in place. 12-14 hours day. Now they want management to work every other saturday
First time
reimbursement specialist (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZFebruary 20, 2015
Good learning experince for my first years in Pharmacy. Walgreens is just to much like every other pharmacy, there on every corner. I like to be more one on one with my customers.
Great
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: great benefits and incentives
Cons: in old town scottsdale
Great Company - All around - Great Pay - Great Management - Great Co-Workers - Great Benefits - Great Incentives - Great Co-Workers - Nice Space - High Tech Call Center
good place to work
Material Handler (Current Employee), New Britain, CTFebruary 19, 2015
I it is a good place to start but it is retail and there just isn't enough hours to make a good living. Not downing the place but at the time I needed full time, the company was not able to offer full time employment at the time.
poor managment
Material Handler (Current Employee), salt lake city, utahFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: free lunches, good full benifits.
Cons: poor managment.
day at work handling product and totes

learned how to use there units

management is very poor

co-workers are positive and hard working

hardest part of the job is meeting there standards

most enjoyable part of the job is the co-working
Individual Group closeness much like a family.
Account Specialist (Current Employee), Greenville, TXFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: great benefits and wonderful incentives
Cons: pay could be a bit more, beleive they expect over/above what people can actually do accurately.
Job is fast pace, answer calls from patients, like a call center, work from a queue, open and batch mail, every day is a learning experience, there are groups within the company and each group is like your individual family, they treat you as though they are a member of your family. The hardest part of the job is getting all the work done it seems to be never ending, which is good. Some days are better than other and some are more difficult. I am thankful for the job and enjoy the challenge each day, each phone call and all the tasks that I do.
Professional, comfortable environment with friendly people, well trained management.
Data Entry Analyst - Provider Department (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: provided really nice catered meals during holidays.
Cons: job required sitting for long periods of time, but management did not seem to mind if you took breaks.
Professional environment with a serious dedication to integrity and providing excellent customer service while helping employees to succeed and advance. Excellent, well trained management. Happy and comfortable place to work. Very people oriented and friendly atmosphere. Would still be there if I did not have to relocate to Arizona. In fact, I will be applying at McKesson in Scottsdale and hopefully will be able to experience the same positive experience at this location!
Nice office setting with a professional team.
Medical Coding (Former Employee), Greenville, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Get all doctors orders that came in each day, call insurance to see if patients qualify for any discounts and if so put into our computer system. Inputting doctors slips into computer system.
Productive but lacks good leadership
Material Handler (Former Employee), Conroe, TXFebruary 17, 2015
The leadership here sucks well majority of them do. While working here I broke two ribs and they continued to push me even after I had to take time off of work to heal. When I returned the threw me back in full steam ahead and I ended up hurting myself again.
fast pace
warehouse (Current Employee), Aurora, ILFebruary 17, 2015
picking truck orders all day and filling shelves poor management they dont listen when you ask for fast pace company they treat your horrible and make you work like slaves
Good company to work for
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Kansas City MoFebruary 16, 2015
Company and benefits good. Hours hard to get used to, not having regular hours. Work load not balanced. Management needed to get more involved.
Good company to work for
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Kansas City MoFebruary 16, 2015
Reason for Leaving
A/R Specialist (Former Employee), Lewiston, MEFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: great benefits, nice people to work with.
Cons: two hours plus of driving everyday and often in some bad weather.
I enjoyed working for McKesson and learned a great deal about insurance laws, procedures, and workings between insurance companies. The long drive everyday started to effect my work and found myself struggling to keep up. My Manager addressed this with me and we agreed that I would have to get done for the drive on often a six day week was just to much.
Training
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee), Wheeling, ILFebruary 12, 2015
McKesson needs to spend more time training their new staff members. The time they allocated was not sufficient and need to have a better on boarding time.
Excellent pay and employee focus
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: dozens of different awards programs for employees
Cons: interpersonal skills from management
Excellent pay and benefits. McKesson does an excellent job with employee focus. The only issue I would have to say is with growth. There were not many opportunities to advance.
Mismanaged at every level
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Former Employee), Springfield, MOFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: nice people
Cons: mismanaged at every level
I have seen my fair share of development shops, from the good to the bad. Typically, in my experience, there is always some level of dysfunction with missed opportunities. Never before, however, have I seen such a degree of disorder. I believe it stems from the top, in this case. The Director is not the type to investigate problems on his own but instead relies on his immediate managers who have their own agendas and brush things over as "no big deal" in order to save face. There are some good people here, however, so there is hope. The culture, however, is very reluctant to change, or for new ideas.
benefits outway the pay
Data Entry (Current Employee), Lewiston, MEFebruary 10, 2015
a typical day is going through my emails and then bringing up the medical charges and keying them into the system. I enjoy working with the group of people that I do. they all get along great.
Heavy Work Load
Network Engineer III (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: wednesday italian beef in the cafe
Cons: no work life balance
Small team of 3 handling Enterprise IT support to a hospital. Manage Mcafee Enterprise Protection and Dell Commvault Backup system day to day. Learned a lot about SQL. Hands experience with load balancer, switches, fiber line, HIPS and VLANS. On call 24/7
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee), Scottsdale AZFebruary 6, 2015
I love what I do especially when I'm working with customers or patients. I can reach out and change and person situation means a lot to me and my character.

1 2 3 4 5

About McKesson

McKesson moves medicine. As a top pharmaceuticals distributor in North America, McKesson delivers prescription and generic drugs, – Read more

McKesson Photos