McKesson
1,086 reviews

McKesson Employee Reviews

Very interesting place to work
Application Support Analyst (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Employee Appreciation
Cons: High Management Turnover
Not sure what to say high management turnover but overall
Co-workers are good
Annual employee appreciation with golf and movie outings
Good Company
ACCOUNTING MANAGER (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 14, 2015
Good company to work for. Great people and good benefits suite, My coworkers were engaged and were always willing to chip in and help make our goals.
amazing
Order Filler (Former Employee), west sacramentoJuly 12, 2015
Pros: friendly
Cons: long hours
I loved working for mckesson corporation! they are amazing when it comes to taking care of their employees beneficially and monitarily they have fabulous retirement plans as well.
Productive, and fast placed work.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 12, 2015
I Enjoyed working there. The work was challenging and set at a steady pace, (I stayed in good shape). The employees were all very nice to work with.
Productive work place with advancments
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee), Queensbury, NYJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Water coolers, free coffee and great coworkers
Cons: AC is COLD, breaks are short and paid time off is complicated
Cubical covered work place with wonderful co-works. Advancement is endless if you keep to your work and really try to go above and beyond.
Wonderful company to work for if you get any recongition
MEDICAL DATA ENTRY CLERK (Former Employee), Memphis TNJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Own office space
Cons: Unfair treatment by Manager
Enjoyed the work and end month revenue was rewarding when the expectations were meet. It was unorganized to when Reports where delivered. A very small office and Office Manager showed favoritism but only 1/3 of employees actually done the work. To was hard to deal with Managers mood swings and her rude and immature behavior. Best to have my own office setting to get my work accomplished.
Very good company
Facilities Manager (Current Employee), Rock Hill, SCJuly 7, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: over an hour commute
Outstanding job great people and team. Offer great new challenges every day. Overall a good company to work for. Great values and work environment.
Big Company, Family Style Business
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee), Central CaliforniaJuly 7, 2015
great company to work for, opportunity for growth.
great management. retail pharmacy sector is aggressive and competitive in the Pacific Region.
Militant work place, very slow and boring
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Consistent schedule, and work is not hard
Cons: boring, nothing new to learn, same thing everyday
I work in the call center. The work atmosphere is laid back but there is no future in this field for me. I don't see my goals in life with the company and definitely not in that department
My manager and department were great
Pricing Operations Manager (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJuly 6, 2015
The people I worked with were great, very capable and hard-working. Have made life-long friends with some as well. Management, however, never looks at the long view - only what have you done for me lately. The team I was on was not highly regarded because of internal politics not our work or efforts.
Poor Management
Tele-Health Nurse (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Large corporation
Cons: poor management certain divisions
Managed Care division has horrific management. No consistency or accountability of management. Continuous turnover of more than 50%. Fortunately they sold this division off to an investment firm
Amazing company to work for, wish I did not leave but I ALWAYS wanted to get a foot in the door of the oilfield and finally had a chance to do so..
Material Handler (Former Employee), Conroe, TXJuly 2, 2015
Pros: TREATED ME LIKE FAMILY
Cons: NONE
. shipped out pharmaceutical needs Nation wide
. Learned how to manage time, and be very precise on getting my work done with no errors.
. Co-workers was like family to me.
. Honestly was nothing hard about the job at all.
. I enjoyed EVERYTHING ABOUT THAT PLACE.
Job overview
Accounting Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 2, 2015
As far as work goes the work is easy and manageable,
While working here I acquired a lot of knowledge and experience throughout the accounts payable department. \
Management could be better
Most enjoyable part of my job was my work hours.
Double Checker
Double Checker (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: need more work
Double check the quantity and quality of products, perform quality control includes but not limited to quantity, variations, designated lot areas, correct temperature within guidelines for perishable and fragile pharmaceutical products.
Important change in my career for the better
Chronic Care Intensive Case Management RN (Current Employee), Work at HomeJune 30, 2015
Pros: Working at home, Great support from Supervisors and team, Many friendships made.during my employment at this company.
Cons: Our jobs will be terminated in late September.
Review all emails; attended all mandatory meetings. Prioritize calls by case level. Engage new members into the Intensive Case Management Program. Obtain new and updated member health conditions on each member; assist member in creating and reaching their goals. Contact providers when needed. Assist each member with the needed provider to maintain their health. I learned the diversity of members and look at the case and the members individual problems; try to assist with helping them change bad behaviors. Encouraged members to stay or become healthy.
This group of co-workers are encouraging; will always help whenever there was a question that someone did not understand. We all helped on another. It is like a close family.
Hardest part of this position is listening to the members life situations ; you then understand them better and try to help or find the resources needed to assist or improve their lives.
Most enjoyable is watching a member achieve something they didn't feel was possible; all they needed was the resources and encouragement.
McKesson
Account Representative (Former Employee), Greenville, TxJune 29, 2015
Pros: Not far from home
Cons: Not enough income
I enjoyed working for this company but at the time needed more income when I left this position. I enjoyed the people I worked with and the bosses I had.
McKesson Corp. (Medical-Surgical Division)
Account Manager (Former Employee), VirginiaJune 29, 2015
Pros: Supportive colleagues, new challenges everyday, make your own hours
Cons: HUGE company (you may feel like a number), territory may not have great opportunity
Generally reps do not have a central location that they report to. Reps are expected to be out early in the morning calling on customers and cold calling on new business. Expect to call on between 10-20 accounts per day, in person, and making phone calls/sending emails between seeing accounts. Allow at least one hour per evening for pre-call planning.
Great opportunity to learn about the inner workings of doctors' offices and working with a variety of specialties. Learning about the products you sell, the difficulties that customers face, and how the ACA is impacting/will continue to impact the industry will make you a great rep.
Like any company, some managers are good and some are not. Typically they are fairly hands off unless the rep is not performing to plan. Weekly checkins are not uncommon.
As a new rep, your coworkers in your geographic area may be the best resource you have for information on products or how to deal with issues.
The hardest part of the job is probably growth expectation. McKesson is a for-growth company (see stock price since 2012). Recent acquisitions in the past 3 years have turned former competitors into fellow employees. Coupled by increasing pressure on independent doctors to sell out to hospitals/IDNs, the opportunities for growth in some areas of the country is less than appealing.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to see different people everyday and conquer new problems everyday. Also, there's no other feeling like making a good sale.
fast pace environment
warehouse (Former Employee), Aurora, ILJune 29, 2015
nice place to work for and good pay rate but poor management. they don't listen to workers when needed.
ridiculous schedule
Implementation Consultant Contractor (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJune 29, 2015
Pros: Great free various flavored coffees.
Cons: Lots of travel
Great place to work with great coworkers, office perks and good team dynamics. Everyone is happy and just wants to help everyone else to get the job done.
Excellent place to work.
Sr. Project Manager (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAJune 28, 2015
Excellent place to work. Excellent place to work. Excellent place to work. Excellent place to work. Excellent place to work.

About McKesson

McKesson moves medicine. As a top pharmaceuticals distributor in North America, McKesson delivers prescription and generic drugs, – Read more

McKesson Salaries

$78,000 per year
Accounts Receivable
$11.11 per hour

McKesson Photos

"team works (via Lron mike Schubert on Flickr)"