McKesson Employee Reviews

Found 1,498 reviews matching the search
learned a lot
Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28262January 6, 2017
Worked with a good group of people and learned a lot. Spent a lot of time with Microsoft Server and SQL. Enjoyed my time there.
Great people.
Senior UNIX / Linux Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 4, 2017
Met a lot of really good people at McKesson.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping hospital IT departments.
Senior leadership often focused on new ideas which didn't always work out for customers, employees or the business unit.
Cons
Benefits should be better. Work / Life balance should be better.
Patient rep (Current Employee) –  Florence, ALJanuary 3, 2017
Fast paced , good benefits and family orientated . Job requires you to be on your toes majority of the time , just never know what each day may hold .
Pros
Hours
Cons
Job security
Material handler's job
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Gahanna, OHJanuary 3, 2017
A Material Handler's job is basically consists to pull customer orders from the warehouse racks to drop them to truck's door. from the truck door, he initiates and process the loading activity of the pallet of material to the truck's trailer.
Great
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Delran, NJJanuary 2, 2017
Mckesson is a great environment and great place to work everyone is friendly people are always offering to help they don't mind answering any question you may have they always have fun activity for the employee so the people won't get bored with the work load and there is always plenty of work its a job that never lays people off
Pros
it has full benefits and they're flexible with your schedule
Cons
its 3rd shift
Great place to work !
Health Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 2, 2017
Mckesson is a great place to work at! They are very flexible and laid back. Definitely a very busy environment but really fun. I don't have anything negative to say.
Dont work here
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  New Castle, PAJanuary 1, 2017
Terribly managed business, too many chiefs not enough indians, the pay is not worth how much time your there, which is basically YOUR LIFE!
McKesson
facility trainer (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIDecember 27, 2016
I enjoyed being a part of the McKesson family, I enjoyed just doing quality work. Diverse work environment, where I can say its was like family. I worked in all area's, I had the privilege to be their facility trainer.
Gaining that position I had a change to receive compliance training, hazmat, S.O.P for employees six sigma training and ran a successful safety committee.
Pros
holidays pot-luck company gathering
Cons
sudden change in schedule with limted time to adjust family lives
Customer Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cranberry, PADecember 26, 2016
The only thing I did not like was you worked 6 days on three days off . co-workers were friendly , management was about the same as other places.I have worked
Benefits
Cons
Scheduling
Technical Lead/Developer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 22, 2016
Very hard working associates I have ever seen. Good support from the team who has complete in and out knowledge on applications
productive
PICKER (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJDecember 21, 2016
Fast pace long hours but over all a good place to work I learned a lot shipping receiving cycle counting order conformation ,UPS world shipping forklift operations team work Management was good keeping us on our feet and on point with our work duties . My coworkers made it enjoyable . Been there for 9 years
Pros
nice people
Cons
to long hours
SELF MOTIVATED with great LEARNING AGILITY, I Never quit when I experience a setback or frustration on the job. The greatest barrier to achieving you
Remote System Administrator - Contract (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNDecember 20, 2016
A normal day at McKesson started with a cup of coffee, then off to my private work station where I check the help-desk system for any trouble tickets that may not have been addressed since i last viewed them. I had very great co-workers that I'm proud to have worked with and happy to have called 95% of them work-family. Most of my difficulties with the job was when management and staff were not operating in sync, leaving me and co-worker unbalanced and not being productive as a team environment. However, the most enjoyable aspect of the job was as a team player we always pulled together and made the best out of what we had; delivering class A. results moving important projects forward to meet timely deadlines. Throughout my experiences working with McKesson I feel the organization fully prepared me to take on greater responsibility in the roles that were delegated to me while making a conscious effort of awareness, evaluating day to day operations that could have affected daily work routines.
Good job
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Washington Court House, OHDecember 19, 2016
Its a good job just feels like you are there alot when working third shift. Good benfits and pay but hours are always changing due to change in seasons. Busier in fall and winter .
Pros
Two 15 min breaks, one 30 min break, great healthcare, good pay and incentive
Cons
Bad management
Great Company
Warehouse Picker (Former Employee) –  Everett, WADecember 18, 2016
This company is superb, treating the employees as well as its employers with utmost respect, open communication, and safety consideration. While the life change can be undesirable (its a nightshift job, so it shifts your day into the night, and your sleep into the day), the pay and culture is second to none. I would definitely work here again if I could stand the nightshift lifestyle. Very physical, fast paced and efficiency centered.
Pros
Fitness replacement, and a great overtime job.
Cons
Hours sometimes too long, and the overtime sometimes exceeds the tax bracket you're in, causing excessive taxation.
Office Assistant / Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXDecember 18, 2016
This place promoted me based on my skills and not their personal personal preference. Management was very caring as well. Would love to work here again in the future
Pros
CLEAN BREAK ROOMS
Cons
NONE
Accounts Payables and EDI
Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXDecember 17, 2016
Each day we met with our team lead to discuss customers. This included running reports to start our day. Within this position i acquired many skills to grow. Our management team switched positions occasionally. My coworkers came and went but working with them was a joy. Seeing a lot of employee change was the hardest. I truly enjoyed every opportunity i had to grow within the company.
Pros
opportunity to grow
Cons
inconsistant employees
productive work place
Medical billing clerk (Current Employee) –  Clinton Twp, MIDecember 17, 2016
On a typical day, is clearing credits on patient account. Determining who gets the refund the insurance company or the patient. Contacting the insurance company and determining where this payment belongs to.
Finishing work in a timely manor
The hardest part of the job is getting everything done in a reasonable amount of time.
The most enjoyable part of the day is communicating with my coworkers and feeling accomplished at the end of the day
Pros
401k, pto, pho, flexible schedule
Cons
no sick days
Early Morning Traffic in Birmingham
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 16, 2016
This was an early morning job. Making sure the Pharmacy received supplies in a timely manner. An All Weather JOB. I was a courier for the company so my work was contracted
Pros
Cons
No Insurance for the couriers. I was contracted
Horrible place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 14, 2016
Worst bunch of a**holes ever. I was desperate so I took a job here. everyone from my immediate supervisor to h.r. to upper mgt treated me like dirt. the only people that are friendly are the janitors. Steer clear of this company. It will crush your soul. I'm not kidding. The day I quit was the happiest day of my life.
Pros
None that I can think of, and I actually tried!
Cons
They treat you like dirt
mckesson
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GADecember 12, 2016
well McKesson could have been a lot better if they had good management but sadly at the time I was there they was going through a lot of changes.. but I hear they are much better
benefits
Cons
long drive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McKesson. Our community is ready to answer.