McKesson Employee Reviews

Average Day
PATIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE 2 (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLNovember 29, 2017
This is a call center where you will be scheduling appointments for patients. Very high volume call center fast paced work schedule. There is some opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Steady Work
Data Entry Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 28, 2017
McKesson was a very productive place to work. I keyed payments and did adjustments for billing. I also called Insurance company's when there were rejections of payments.
Pros
Nice working environment
good workplace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Ruther Glen, VANovember 27, 2017
good workplace no bad things to say. paid time off benifits plus incentives. loved working there just good enviroment all the way. started off with 15 hour and in two years i was at 19 hour
Processor...great atmosphere.
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VANovember 27, 2017
Be a self starter, learn from your peers, they are open and willing to help. Take on any additional task. Be self sufficient, ambitious and be receptive to change.
Pros
great environment, stable company
Cons
contractor
Very productive environment
Patient Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Ludlow, MANovember 27, 2017
We all worked in our specific teams to get the job done. Management worked as hard as their teams, which I found motivating.
The day went by very fast as there was always a dead line to get the work done on a daily, and most importantly, on a monthly basis for month end.
Pros
We had flexible working schedules.
Cons
Our home office was out of state.
Night Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Clear Lake, IANovember 27, 2017
McKesson goes out of the way to make sure that all employees are taken care of. Great benefits packages and discounts that other employers don't offer. If you are willing to do what it takes to develop yourself they offer a lot opportunities.
Poor Management
Material Handler III/ Pharmacist Technician (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYNovember 26, 2017
Poor Management, horrible work life balance, forced overtime with limited notice usually an hour, management tends to play favorites, and if you are not one you will not move up.
Stressful environment
Director (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 25, 2017
Pretty stressful work environment. Good people. Work life balance is always an issue. Very hard to balance regulations, customer demands, and the demands of the business.
Medical Billing Position
Radiation Oncology A/R Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MINovember 24, 2017
I had started off in the call center and moved up through the years. I was with McKesson and it changed owners for 12 years. I was a radiation oncology specialist before I left. We would process claims and investigate claims that were denied by the health insurance companies.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
salary and advancement
Ok place to work if you are motivated and willing to relocate to advance.
Inventory Clerk II/Recall Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTNovember 22, 2017
Have to be driven, team and goal oriented and willing to relocate multiple times to advance up the chain. Must be patient to when opportunities open up and must jump on them.
Pros
Good benefits and can be rewarded by hitting company goals.
Cons
Have to relocate multiple times to advance up.
Advancement
Quality Assurance Tester (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTNovember 21, 2017
No room for career advancement. The employees are great - there is a lot of camaraderie between depts. Most people are very friendly & willing to help.
Best Fortune 500 Company to work for #5
Campaign Specialist - Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  TennesseeNovember 21, 2017
If you enjoy working in the Healthcare industry, then McKesson Corporation is the place for you. Great pay/benefits, great opportunities to advance, and great management who actually care about your success personally as well as professionally.
Pros
Flexible, fun, community involvement, great pay
Cons
None!
Great Place to work, rock solid corporate vision, agile, adaptable, communication was key
HRIS & Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 21, 2017
Fast paced Healthcare company with potential for growth. I enjoyed the people i worked with. We all enjoyed working and learning together.
Culture was help each other if necessary, we always got the job done.
We as a team ensured the customer was first and nothing would stop any of us.
The Dallas office closed due to a loss of contracts.
We worked as a team, there were no egos. We celebrated each others success.
Pros
Potential for growth, allowed to do your job and your ideas were appreciated
Cons
Loss of business resulting in job loss and closure of Dallas office
I wouldnt want to work there again because they mico-manage u and the pay is low and no advanvcing unless u out of chracter
Forklift Driver & Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSNovember 20, 2017
It was good while I was a young man but someone who has a family and got stuff going on in your life it might not be the place for u. time does not mean nothing to them and they don't stand by there principles
Pros
paid time off, they feed u, christmas party
Cons
micro managing and low pay. SENORITY does not mean nothing
Don’t work in DULUTH !!!
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GANovember 20, 2017
Layoffs coming soon in 2018
There loosing a lot of business ....
From the time you CLOCK IN you are being timed if you don’t meet expectations you will be handled.
Pros
Benefits and PTO
Cons
They put associates last and work first !
Spinoff of EIS with Allscripts
Manager (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CONovember 20, 2017
McKesson EIS was good but the merger with Allscripts didn't go very well for a lot of people. I'll miss the way things were but I'm glad I was in the first wave to be let go by Allscripts
Nice atmosphere and new offices
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VANovember 19, 2017
Nice clean offices with plenty of light. The environment in general is quite and furniture is new. Coffe and softdrinks and free. Company is involved with the community.
Pros
Confortable work area and free coffe and drinks
Management terrible
Application Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNNovember 19, 2017
Terrible, bad, not good. Management poor, CEO poor. Lack of communication. There is no more for me to tell at this point. Layoffs happening all over for this company.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Not a great place
Director (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsNovember 17, 2017
Expect a lot with limited resources. Priority change on the fly. Too many managers who are focused on their individual needs and not companies. Very low morale and concern about job security.
If you are really looking for long term, have a positive attitude, good work ethic, motivated, work without supervision, detail oriented
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCNovember 17, 2017
McKesson Med-Surg in Rock Hill, SC is one of the best place I’ve had the opportunity to work at. Within the past 2 1/2 years there, I’ve had the privilege to cross train in many different areas as a Material Handler. I was hired on working in the “Receiving Discrepancy area”. Took on the initiative to many other tasks that was asked upon me, which I liked. If you love to multi-task, have a positive attitude, giving, caring and motivated individual this will be a great place for you to grow within you skills and abilities.
Till this day, I am truly glad I had the opportunity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McKesson. Our community is ready to answer.