McKesson Employee Reviews

Found 1,404 reviews matching the search
Great Company
Web Front End Developer (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 14, 2016
I had a great experience as an employee at McKesson Corporation.

Family work environment that had a great work/life balance.

They allowed me to transition to being a remote employee when life changes necessitated a move to another state.
Pros
Great work environment
McKesson Med/ Surg as a whole.
Med/Sur.- Customer Service Rep 2 (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIJuly 15, 2016
McKesson was a great place to work, things changed with all of the layoffs, work became very heavy and at sometimes overwhelming, management leaves something to be desired, with the new supervisors and management being hired, they can be a little bit power hungry. Certain department have little room for growth, and discouraging, but if you want steady employment with out worry of promotion, McKesson can be a great employment opportunity.
High turn over for a reason
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Clear Brook, VAJuly 7, 2016
Long hours of mandatory overtime so you never know what time you will get to leave. You get to leave when they say so. Warehouse is dirty for dealing with medical supplies. Management will lie to you. HR is hard to reach. If you have a problem corporate has to deal with, they drag their feet to deal with it and lie to you about it being taken care of. I would not recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Weekends and holidays off
Cons
Long hours and never knowing what time you'll get off
Great place to work with flexible work hours.
Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXFebruary 1, 2016
A typical day at McKesson was busy and very laid back. I learned a lot about the pharmaceutical business that was very interesting. Management was the best they went above and beyond. My co workers were the best team players ever. The hardest part of my job was at year end when I had to renew contracts. The best part of my job was management recognizing and rewarding employees for their work.
Pros
Work from home 3 days and flexible hours
Cons
Building
Horrible place
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 4, 2016
Worked there for 1 month never got paid, no one has answers. No training you just have to figure it out, no leadership, long hrs, you cant leave til all work is done, no help. Pick orders all night, warehouse is not safe, hazards everywhere and its very dirty for having medical supplies. Management makes the job sound all nice and stable but its all lies, that was the worst month of my life, stay away from this company.
Pros
Cons
everything
Clerical
Clerk - File papers, batch (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEJune 13, 2016
A typical day at McKesson, sitting down at a computer all day. I have learned a great deal from this job experience, especially on the computer. My management team was not very attentive to the employees. Several employees thought they were in charge which made it difficult to do my job. The hardest part of my job was sitting all day, I had a really hard time moving around and got very depressed, but the most enjoyable part of my job was learning new things and getting to know my best friend.
Great minds and people to work with.
application support analyst (Current Employee) –  Westminster, CODecember 8, 2015
I.C.A.R.E (Integrity, Customer First, Accountability, Respect, Excellence) are great company principles and the reason I am here here, but unfortunately not followed by many. The company is large and with any large company there is a disconnect between departments and management. The company does offer free drinks all day and has one of the best cafeterias around. They also provide a fitness room and showers. The facility is very clean, secure and safe.Depending on where you work the job can become very stressful. The 3 weeks PTO offered from the start is not enough to stay refreshed. McKesson does do a lot of great things for the community (IE Blood drives, donations, and charities to name a few). Insurance is average for a company that does health care. Work from Home days are a plus. It's a great place to learn how to interact with customers and enhance your technical skills.
Pros
The people.
Cons
Life work balance.
Misserable place to work.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 24, 2016
Run. Pensacola office is awful. pay well. but it is combat pay. sit in a cubicle 10+ hrs day. You will be expected to work all kinds of overtime without prior or very short notice. And do not expect any gratitude for that. all movements are monitored. Cameras monitor your every move. Do not care about quality work. Only want ridiculous number of cases completed per day. Very poor training program. Make unrealistic promises to their clients that you are expected to keep. None of the employees are happy. No one ever smiles there. Management is hostile and berating and constantly contradicting themselves on what they expect. Will not offer any assistance or respond to you request for clarifications or assistance. Constantly threatening to fire everyone if productivity numbers don't increase. and will not give you any advice on how to achieve that. Plan on gaining weight. They constantly have potlucks and someone is always bringing in something to share which is nice but the when siting 10 hrs day or more and lots of comfort eating to sooth misery has a side effect.
Pros
food, insurance benefits were not bad
Cons
lots of them see review
Okay
Other Work Experience (Current Employee) –  N Charleston, SCFebruary 27, 2016
It is an "Okay" place to work to get experience. There is very little growth opportunity, and the pay really isn't that competitive.Would recommend for individuals just entering the healthcare field that is looking for experience.
Pros
Paid-time-off, and Monday to Friday with no weekends
Cons
Poor training, managment
High Turnover few reliable accurate resources
Help Desk Coordinator 340B Software Support (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 26, 2015
Worked for Macro Helix Support. They use contractors frequently. There is not always someone who is knowledgeable to help. The resources they have are not always accurate. But you are held accountable if you give out wrong information. The quality assurance form is ridiculous and few meet it. They hold back there best people from advancing because there are not enough tenured reps to handle the case load.Management does not follow through on what they say the will do. They overload you with case work and say you don't do your job but they do not help you with how to solve the cases. I was a contractor there for 12 weeks and saw 15 people get fired, quit or not come back. Overall I would not work here again. Look else where for employment.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
High turnover and few knowledgeable resources

Want to know more about McKesson?

Ask a question
Productive business environment.
Account Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 24, 2016
Typical day in the life of McKesson is upon arrival checking company e-mails and corresponding via e-mails and phone calls, closing out any open claims that you weren't able to complete the day before and then begin tackling the claims that you have for the day ahead through research, corresponding with non-clinical and clinical facilities for resolutions.
good company to work for
Sales Effectiveness Trainer (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 15, 2016
Company has great reputation in industry
Many employees have been there 20-plus years
High-level of collaboration among business units
Most employees are willing to assist each other and share information
Pay is pretty good
Pros
Benefits are very good
meh
A/R Specialist (Current Employee) –  Queensbury, NYFebruary 2, 2016
The job itself is a difficult one. It can be very frustrating at times. Most people that work there dont understand that it pays well for this area. The best part of the job is the group of people that i work with. THey are fantastic. A typical day i start with email and working things that have been sent to be done in email. Then i spend the rest of the day doing denials or whatever special projects management has to have done.
Solid, long-standing company
SYSTEM/CONFIGURATION ANALYST, Remote (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 31, 2016
Large corporation with a lot of growth potential for employees, health and education benefits and decent pay. Overall good environment.
Summary
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 29, 2015
Great culture and overall great company to work for. Benefits were great and upper management encouraged open dialogue. Great opportunities for advancement
Auditor
Financial Op Auditor (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJune 22, 2016
secondary auditor on the financial team, was also a Quality Assurance Coordinator before doing my current job as an Auditor - I have been with McKesson for the past 18 1/2 years and have enjoyed it, at the end of this year the dept that I work is will be closing. They have already starting letting the Customer Service Reps go. The dept no longer wants to do Medicare Part b for Nursing Homes.
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
need improvement on Management
Great place to work.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEOctober 7, 2015
A/R Specialist. I daily worked on medical claims denied by insurance (Medicaid, Medicare, and Commercial). McKesson also provided on the job training and educational classes to learn and improve on job advancement. There are many teams within McKesson. We worked and helped each other to complete our daily work loads. My management team had an open door policy. I enjoyed working for McKesson and would again if they had an office where I now live.
Pros
Paid vacation to spend time with family
Great work place
Integration Project Lead (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 6, 2016
Great company, great people. Fun and challenging work.I learn a lot from others.
Training provided
Management care about the employees well being

The most enjoyable past was the team I worked with.
Enjoyable place to work
Site Selections, Vendor and Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 5, 2016
Enjoyable place to work with opportunities to grow and receive training. A great appreciation for work/life balance.
Very simple and easy work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 21, 2016
I think that Mckesson is a great company to work for and there is plenty of opportunity for advancement at this job. It was very easy to learn material handling and I met some great people in my time there.