McKesson

McKesson Employer Reviews

Productive workplace
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee), Queensbury, NYJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: my coworkers were very kind and supportive
Cons: there seemed tobe organizational issues and a lot of communication issues between management teams.
My days at McKesson consisted of taking calls from patients with questions regarding bills. I learned a great deal about medical billing. Direct supervisors were very approachable and my coworkers and I worked well together. The most difficult part about my job was time management but it made me quick on my feet. I enjoyed solving problems for people.
Secure building with a great view of San Fransisco
Analyst/Programmer - Development and maintenance (Former Employee), San Fransico, CAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: exciting and new to me.
Cons: 2 hours comuting on a train.
A typical day was catch the Richmond BART train at 8:15am to arrive beneath McKesson's building by 9:00am to take the secure elevator to the 23rd floor. Not much to learn all ready familiar with their programming environment. Short contract that was extended once but management was down sizing so staff was on edge all the time. Most of the contract programmers had a termination date and some staff were let go. My job was to help support during the startup of a new warehouse managements system. I spent most of my time fixing production problems and writing new utilities for support to utilize. The team I worked closely with were a great group of guys. Management was hard to understand and only intervened if they had a urgent issue. This was a fast passé and heads down environment with a lot of paper work and egos to message. My time was regulated and I was not allowed to stray from my desk. The best part was the view from my desk and staying busy with the day to day tasks. Lunch in the city was crowed and expensive and so was the after work watering holes if you wanted to wait for the Bart to clear out most of the commuters.
Positive work environment with room for upward mobility, and work life balance
CLIENT MANAGER (Former Employee), East Meadow, NYJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: office culture
Cons: pay structure
Manage administrative and clinical staff of 40 employees, 7 Medical Doctors and 1 Nurse Practitioner between 2 medical office locations. Directly report to Practice Partners and direct day-to-day operational functions for the medical practice ensuring office policies, procedures and plans are implemented in a smooth and expeditious manner. Primary responsibility includes leadership, staffing development, budgeting, and management of key services in the medical office base setting to ensuring that these activities are aligned with organizational goals and objectives. Additional areas of responsibility include: supervision of reception, clinical services, surgical scheduling and patient billing. Oversight also includes accounts payable, patient/ insurance receivables and credentialing. Liaison to healthcare facilities, attorneys, banks, accountants, retirement services companies, IT providers, payroll services and corporate insurance agencies. Accountable for developing and managing systems that support the effective transfer of knowledge and process improvement methodologies for the practice staff. This includes: minimizing patient waiting time upon arrival, timely answering of the phones, obtaining and reviewing clinical test results and communication of these results to the physicians and/ or the patients, scheduling of procedures, as well as, proper billing and collection of payment for services rendered. Ensure that the administrative and clinical staff maintain a professional manner and have a patient oriented attitude.
high stress workplace
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Queensbury, NYJanuary 25, 2015
terrible company to work for, poorly managed and employees not able to advance career. would not recommend someone to work here as it is a bad work environment to be in. I would stay away from this company as it has no regard for the people working for it.
Security Department
Security Analyst (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: good corporation from policy view
Cons: lower pay than most of industry
McKesson security department was filled with like minded employees.

The employees put company above their individual needs.

There were no cover ups and whistle blowers were rewarded.

Management discouraged sloth and nepotism to the degree of being one of the most diversely run departments.

People who joined the department that had integrity and the skill sets to do security work, normally got promoted within 90 days after improving the department operated.
Very productive and fast paced environment
Order Builder (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: complimentary lunches, tvs, and free fountain drinks
Cons: crowded work space
Typically I would fill customer orders either by hand or with pallet jack, tugger, or forklift. I learned much about teamwork and various large warehouse duties. my supervisor was very helpful and always checked on me. my co-workers were good people to work with. Hardest part of the job was keeping my tempo at the best I could possibly give. Most enjoyable part was fulfilling my requirements
McKesson not recommended
Remote Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Alpharetta GAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free gym, pto, 401k plan
Cons: outsourcing, no training, stagnant
Outsourcing taking place to Canada and India. Training in new technologies is not a goal for this company.
Enjoyed working with staff and mangement
RN, Cardiology Solution Consultant (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: lost community feel when merged with umms
Great place to work. Lots of community involvement. Growing facility that is now part of the University of Maryland Health System.
NA
Senior Product Manager (Current Employee), San FranciscoJanuary 12, 2015
Good work life balance. It all depends on the business unit you work for. Some business unit are not stable enough
McKesson was a tough place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), everett waJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: management, child-like enviroment, benefits
Management was unavailable and uninterested in helping you advance and concerns were never address. It was a tense workplace and the hours were horrible for the lack of appreciation we got.
Everything is pretty good just I needs days
Team Leader (Current Employee), McCalla, ALJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: good company
Cons: management not together so thats a negative for me.
Getting my team together for the night we may have 52,000 lines to pick a night several night maybe more. Talking to everyone make sure everyone is on the same page. My hardest part about management is they don't like to listen and that's not good but I have found out ways to get over that part to make my job goes right every night cause sometimes it gets rough. I enjoys working with my peers sometimes its get rough cause all of the different attitudes but overall a good company to work for.
It is a job that is long hours
Warehouseman (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 9, 2015
From time you get there you are always busy. The hardest part of the job is being short staff.
Good Benefits, Great Co-workers
SR. MANAGER COMMUNICATIONS (Current Employee), Carrollton, TXJanuary 8, 2015
This location has some of the friendliest people around. They are collaborative and very focused on the success of the organization.
McKesson is a great place to work! My contract came to an end.
CONTRACTOR, VIDEO PRODUCTION SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: cafe, valuable and essential product, dedicated staff
Cons: i was a contractor. no benefits, no security. not their fault.
I thoroughly enjoyed working at McKesson. Sadly, my contract of nearly 5-years came to an end and I am in need of a new job.
Employer with excellent benifits
Support agent 3 (Former Employee), Scottsdale, ArizonaJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: lots of catered food
Cons: management was not always good. i also seen a lot of managers go and come.
My job was promising as far as the people we assisted. I worked over the phone with prescribers, delegates, pharmacies, and patients. I educated the reason the medications was registered by the FDA, and why it is crucial to abide by the ipledge guidelines for the safety of all patients utilizing the medication.
working with fellow co-workers
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VaJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: lunches, breaks
worked follow up on all ins claims not paid.Threre was training all the time on new products
Very long nights
Warehouse lead (Current Employee), West Seneca, North American DriveJanuary 6, 2015
A typical day would be working 10-12 hours picking orders, running around making sure everyone is caught up and pulling people to help aid others.
Fast paced work environment.
Material Handler (Current Employee), New Castle, PAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: great pay, great benefits.
Cons: monotonous, third shift.
The work is very fast paced and monotonous. The hardest thing about the job is the fact that it never changes. Great company to work for, excellent benefits. I just need something that challenges my mind more and where I'm not working midnight.
Unpredicable
PRODUCT IMPLEMENTATION SPECIALIST GR 3 (Former Employee), Boulder, COJanuary 5, 2015
Pushing a product that is not ready for market. Management change not appropriate. Upper management not in touch with on site tasks. Employee relations strained and pro management. I am the third person to leave in 6 months in our group. Could be a good company with a little care.
Accounting Consultant
Accounting Consultant (Current Employee), Richmond, VADecember 26, 2014
I'm an accounting conultant. I work with inventory, operating expenses, vendor incentives and help out in others area if needed.

About McKesson

McKesson moves medicine. As a top pharmaceuticals distributor in North America, McKesson delivers prescription and generic drugs, – Read more

McKesson Photos