McKesson Employee Reviews

Found 2,424 reviews matching the search
Great Company to work for
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  McCalla, ALJuly 25, 2017
One of the best companies in the world to work for. Team oriented family work environment, makes it a pleasure to come in from day to day. I would definitely recommend this company as place to look for employment.
productive
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXJuly 25, 2017
Very repetitive gets old doing the same thing over and over again every work day. Can put a lot of stress on your back due to bending down to lift heavier boxes. but the company does take care of you if you get injured.
Not a fun workplace
Material Handler 2 (Current Employee) –  Clear Brook, VAJuly 25, 2017
Not much room for advancement. Management is not so friendly. Definitely not an open door policy like they claim. Hours are ridiculous, lots and lots of favoritism
Wonderful place to work
customer service (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 25, 2017
Good place to work great management, at the end of the day you felt
good because you where able to help get the medication out,Always doing something for the employees
Pros
good benefits
Cons
sometimes stressful
Temporary Work Place
Specialty Drug Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 25, 2017
Unfortunately they do 90% of the hiring with a staffing agency and your contract can be up to 18 months. So no PTO or benefits for that time. The hours are anywhere from 5 am to 5 pm and you must be flexible
Fast Pace
Financial Controls Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving TexasJuly 25, 2017
McKesson is an innovation atmosphere. McKesson cares about their employee and if you are looking to move up, there is potential at McKesson. McKesson brings out the critical and strategic thinking within yourself.
Huge Growing Company
Accounting Associate IV (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 24, 2017
Good company to work for if you can adapt to change easily. They have very competitive pay and benefits. I learned a great deal about the processes and software in the Accounts Payable department during the 10+ years I was employed.
Pros
Free coffee, tea, and soft drinks
Cons
Constantly changing and stream-lining
Good Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 24, 2017
From what I remember this was a good company to work for. Could be very political at times but overall I would say it is a good company. They have always been very competitive in the healthcare industry.
McKesson Hunger Games
Senior Manager Of Business Intelligence (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 24, 2017
If you are working in McKesson IT, layoffs are frequent and deep. Outsourcing is rampant and you are allows worried about being the next casualty. Good luck.
ten years with company not worth it after 2 years. best to only use for experience nothing else.
Inventory Associate/lead (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 22, 2017
you are expected to work really hard and fast. hard to be fired if a BAD employee. but yet the hard workers are not advanced or given growth opportunity. most managers come from other DCs or companies. rarely see hard workers promoted. only way to be promoted at a good rate of time is to relocate to other DCs. the pay increases don't matter how hard you work or not. non union employees increases are below average and they have no perks for knowing they don't give good raises at all. the insurance is beyond expensive for a deductible. it is good if you never use insurance but if you do be expected that have the lowest deductible 5000 a year. max deductible 7000.ten years at the company and i seen a lot of changes but to them no matter how hard you work they will look at you to be replaced. even when working as a robot doing everything right to the book as they want, they will not reward you fairly for it. and throw the excuse it not in their budget this year every time.
Pros
very hard to get fired from, they love to make themselves looking like they are helping the community, they announce every quarter how much revenue they make
Cons
workers are to work so hard physically feels like a 12, a solution to help work faster, no good raises or promotions. the stress level is so high and they are all aware of it
fun place to work
Claims Examiner/ Change Health Care (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 22, 2017
good people excellent environment, good benefits, good management, employees have the opportunity to learn and improved their skills, completely happy with my team.
Pros
points for health life style
good overall
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Delran, NJJuly 21, 2017
Great pay good benefits come in to work and ou start on asebly line. You use an rf unt to scan the tote and then it will tell ou the location along with the quanity that you will need to get
Pleasant
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYJuly 20, 2017
Comfortable working culture/environment. No manager breathing on your neck. Able to do work independently. No weekends or overtime offered. Nice to receive health insurance.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Temporary
I really like the work I DO\\\\
Medical Coder 1 (Current Employee) –  Greenville, TXJuly 19, 2017
I have learned a lot about billing and coding that I never knew as a private citizen. I have made and lost friends and miss them. I have worked with some good people .
Comfortable environment
McKesson had sales (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 19, 2017
The leaders allow you the room that you need to get your job done. People are friendly and training was adequate for the role.The company's longevity and ranking in the industry are pivotal in attracting talent.
Pros
Market salary, benefits, work life balance, culture
Surgical Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 19, 2017
Very large and financially successful company however, my experience was not positive. I had a manager that put me on plan three different times and I hit plan each time and was still let go. We had too many reps in a smaller market and they just wanted to get rid of me.
Pros
Expect you to know a lot, I had over fifteen years of medical sales when I started
Cons
Very, very large company, you are definitely a number.
customer service
Pharmacy Agent (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 18, 2017
Liked assisting people and learning everyday. Helped customers understand copay assist savings cards. Like to help others and understand their benefits.
Once a great company, no longer value employees
Manager, Support Services (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJuly 18, 2017
This was once a great company, many missteps have made it a challenge to work for. Culture is horrible, they micromanage every aspect of their employee's day. Management are all "Yes" people, there is no creative thinking or innovation. Morale has tanked in the past 5 years as there are constant lay-offs and no one feels valued. This is so sad, as it was once the place to work, and people were fighting to get in.
Pros
Benefits and ability to work from home
Cons
Micromanagement, no work/life balance
Nice place to work at.
Customer Service Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GA 30093July 17, 2017
i enjoyed the type of work at McKesson Corporation. Intensive training was provided and the management staff worked closely with new hires to ensure that employee was well versed in all policies and procedures.
Pros
Intensive training provided
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILJuly 17, 2017
Good people love the experience with working with management . they were always willing to leaned a helping hand . THey never had an attitude with the questions needed to do the work. very helpful
Pros
Great people
Cons
Driving back and fourth to wheeling il

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McKesson. Our community is ready to answer.