McKesson Employee Reviews

Found 2,241 reviews matching the search
McKesson is an OK place to work but senior management is very weak.
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 26, 2017
McKesson is a very progressive company to the point that it fails to reward employee appropriately and fails to keep exceptional employees.

It seems that of late the company is driven by accounting decisions instead of real market information and thus makes staffing cuts in the wrong place and expects things to continue as normal. There is a big disconnect between the people in the trenches vs. the people who as suppose to lead.
Pros
Great benefits and flexible hours
Cons
Leadership and appropriate compensation.
Job
Material Handler/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 26, 2017
This was great company to work for and they know hoe treat there employees. You had a way move up in company. Have get time of at job with sick time and vocation time too. We have great Management team.
Loved Working here
AR Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 25, 2017
The only downfall I had working here was the commute and tolls. I loved the people I worked with and the Job I did.It was always a game it felt like to get the job done. Management was great to work with.
good culture
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCApril 25, 2017
Nice place to work laid back easy money easy to prove your worth within the company. A lot of ways to advance in the company depending on where you move to.
Long hours but good environment
Data Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNApril 24, 2017
Working in Data center. Many layers of infrastructure that had many "points of failure". Management was good and open to new ideas and willing to discuss processes and routines that were needing to be changed.
Pros
Very good learning opportunity
Cons
many layers and points of failure.
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 23, 2017
Great opportunity for advancement but too much micro managing and the human/patient element is too removed from the work for my liking. I like being more involved in the healthcare process.
Great company to work for!
Pharmacy Support (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 21, 2017
Great company to work for!Need more opportunities in the Charlotte, NC office. There are more opportunities in the midwest or west coast than East coast.
Great benefits
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 21, 2017
Learned a lot working here. Many management and reorganization changes occur. Met lots of good people here with most being top quality workers. Can be stressful.
Great company to work for, great benefits.
Packaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 20, 2017
Able to set own schedule based on client deadlines.
Management was very accessible and supportive.
Support staff always available and responsed quickly.
Wonderful company
Senior Accounts Receivable Rep (Current Employee) –  Novato, CAApril 20, 2017
Great work/life balance, the people I work with really seem to love the company and the environment. The schedule is very flexible. Just a comfortable place to be.
Pros
Everything except for benefits
Cons

Want to know more about McKesson?

Ask a question
Same stuff different day
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLApril 20, 2017
There is not a lot of variety in daily tasks.The opportunity to take time off is almost nonexistent. The benefits are not great. But at least it is a job.
Cons
Fairly good place to work
Sr. Web Systems administrator (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXApril 20, 2017
It is a fairly good place to work, with ESOP's being offered to all employees. the work pressure was mild. Overall not many bad experiences! Good luck to new joinees!
productive, relaxed and exciting place to work
Technical Implementation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 19, 2017
I really enjoyed working here with the team that I was working on. The environment was very team oriented and everyone wanted to assist each other to make sure that we all got our projects completed on time.
Pros
free lunches, team building
Cons
sometimes installs were non-challenging so got monotonous at times
Good Job
Patient Accounts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 19, 2017
One of the best places I have ever worked. Great people and excellent benefits. McKesson is a solid company that strives to do things well. While the pay is not great, there are lots of other benefits like the stock plan. Healthcare costs are reasonable.
benefits
Cons
pay
Flexible but not the best pay
Research Specialist II (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCApril 18, 2017
You are required to do a lot of work for a lot of different departments but aren't paid for the work you do. If it weren't for the pay, it would be a great place to work, despite all of the work that comes from every different direction.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay, low raises, low to no overtime available
Pretty Good Company
Sr. Application Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, ILApril 18, 2017
For the most part, I have no complaints about the company.

Work days are pretty standard start and end times and allow for personal appointments when necessary. I've found that the company does not offer formal/adequate training, so you have to learn a lot on your own. Coworkers are very helpful. The hardest part of the job is lack of documentation to help research issues since training is inadequate. The most enjoyable part is working from home.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Lack of training available
ok place to work
A/R Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 17, 2017
My review is that they don't compensate there employees enough. Not enough job opportunities. My department doesn't supply ample training for the positions.
Janitor/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77065April 15, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of cleaning the parking lots, repairing minor things in the facility like changing out light bulbs, light maintenance work.
Day Operations Supervisor
Day Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lacrosse, WIApril 13, 2017
Managed personnel and inventory for distribution on high end and enduring medical pharmaceuticals and equipment. Day to day operations oversaw the receiving, processing, shipping and accountability of a daily inventory of $89 million.
Great company and people
AHI Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2017
Great company and people. Opportunity to grow and try new areas. Strong mentor program. Nice benefits, and competitive pay. Great company and people.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
very conservative

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McKesson. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval