McKibbon Hospitality Employee Reviews

Great place to build a career
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 12, 2017
McKibbon is a great company to work for, if you like to work with people and are someone looking to grow your career with effort and dedication. Someone who is simply looking for a "job" and to do the bare minimum won't fit into this culture. They run great hotels that are focused on the guest experience and having their associates do whatever they need to do to help that experience. Can't be someone who likes to say "Not My Job"... you know who you are.

If you are someone who is willing to get in and learn as much as you can and get involved where ever you can to help, then you will have a bright future with McKibbon. They want to grow people internally, have seen so many people start as hourly, HSKP or FD and grow to Management positions because they worked hard and got involved.

If you are looking for more than just a job, and are willing to work hard to get there, this is the company for you. Look, the President of this company started as a Houseperson in HSKP, its the foundation of how this company has grown.
Pros
Family Environment, Growth, Learn a lot, Service focused, great benefits
Cons
Hard Work, Lots of responsiblitiy
Horrible Hotel Managment Company - Seek Other Opportunities
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 4, 2017
The only good thing about working here was the colleagues I worked with. Otherwise, management is terrible, they lie, they take advantage of you. I reported several issues, and corporate sent in two reps from HR... who essentially called me a liar to my face. They don't value people at all. I cannot say enough about how terrible McKibbon is. .
Pros
Colleagues.
Cons
Everything, Pay, No Benefits, No Breaks, No Rewcognition.
Poor Management
Director (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaNovember 11, 2017
Management is terrible. No proper training. If you do not fit in the click, they treat you wrong. Nothing you do is good enough. Never felt appreciated. Would not recommend to anyone. No work life balance. Worked 70+ hours a week
Pros
Good salary and bonus
Cons
No sick days, no training
Weak pen pushing micro managent.
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orange County, FLOctober 28, 2017
Kiss a** to grow type of company, heavily micro managed, you can grow as long as you kiss a** and bend to their will and not to what the job description says, do not expect any motivational or recognitions from management, they help who they want or like, same goes towards terminations, very rigged and gossiping staff including HR and Corporate team. No matter what you do things will not change and management always get their way right or wrong making you feel helpless and discriminated at times, you're effort will be unnoticed and uncompensated, they always operate understaffed so you always end up doing more than what your job description says.

Its not a bad company as long as you're willing to be an a** kissing puppet.
Pros
Good benefits, ok pay, good health care, good quarterly and yearly bonus
Cons
Rigged and micro management, no sick pay, gossipers, labor squealers.
Great company!
GM (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 8, 2017
Great culture, but needs to be enforced by many and not just by the CEO and President. Can have the autonomy to do your job and not have to report about your daily activities. Most enjoyable part is all of the people within the company.
Fun work place
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 11, 2017
Mckibbon is a great company for mid-scale property management. Top line leadership is minimal which allows property level leadership to truly lead and enhance the brand experience.
Don't believe what you here about this company.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 3, 2017
Worst run hotel company ever. They do not care for their employees. Lots of back stabbing and weak leadership. No consistent rules of the job and ever changing. Tons of turnover.
Pros
Hotel discounts.
Cons
Poor leadership.
Fun work place
Overnight Houseman/ night auditor (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 19, 2017
It's a nice company to work for and the management is good. The coworkers are friendly. A typical work day for me is I drive back and forth from the airport and back to the hotel. I clean the front lobby. I build up meeting rooms. That's pretty much a typical work day for me. It's really easy work.
Management is awful. Front desk agents are..... cough cough
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 23, 2017
Awful company. Management allows coworkers to have an affair on property and does nothing about it. Front fest agents are rude and have an attitude all the time. They've hung up on me quite a few times. Property manager doesn't do anything about their employees when they do something wrong. Awful awful awful.
Pros
None.
Cons
Attitudes, whoring front desk agent
Managment is terrible at this property!
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 17, 2016
Was a outsider the entire time I worked there. They tried there best to make myself and several others fill that way. I guess that's how the managers get the people they don't want out. Sad but true.
Pros
Money
Cons
Managment, Team work with department and outside of department.
Great Company
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 15, 2016
Great place to work, I would recommend this company to others. Best hotel company! Great culture of people who care about the person and the employee.
Best Hotel Management Company Ever
Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 30, 2015
Talk about amazing benefits! there is no other management company for hotels that have this kind of benefits.

They also have a really good training program to make hourly folks managers which i thought was nice.

The people were great and the company is based on faith.
Benefits
Cons
not in the city i live in now