Mckinley Children's Center Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Interviewed then ignored
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAAugust 7, 2017
I was interviewed, given my schedule and asked to live scan fingerprint. During the wait time to get prints the job was given to someone else. I tried calling the lady I was in contact with, left messages. She never returned my call. That's totally unprofessional and a waste of my time . During the holiday DOJ was back logged. That's not my fault.
This was my least enjoyable joy experience
Social Worker/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CA 91773May 30, 2017
The agency lacked professionalism and quality leadership. I had an awful experience with supervision and observed a lack of integrity by a supervisor.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Poor work environment and leadership
Avoid at all costs
Outpatient Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAJanuary 12, 2017
This was the most traumatizing job I've ever had. The work culture is negative and toxic. Focus for therapist is primarily on billing as opposed to the quality of services. Emoloyees at all levels appeared despondent and unhappy. I worked as an outpatient therapist for over two years. Look for another job!
Pros
The youth
Cons
No support, hostile work environment, unrealistic expectations
Very unprofessional
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 12, 2016
I did not personally work here, however, I had an interview and personally I thought it went well. I was interviewed for about two hours. The individual conducting the interview said I would hear from them within 1 or 2 weeks. I never heard back from them, which is fine if they decided to go with another candidate but I believe that I deserved a call back or an email at least to let me know that someone else had been chosen. I called and left Voicemail to the H.R department as well as to the individual who conducted the interview and never did they bother to return my call. If you are going to take someones time for an interview and you decide to hire someone different at least have the courtesy to inform the applicants. Never will I apply here nor will I recommend this place. Not that they care obviously they dint even bother to return my call. I have a very negative image of this place.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
I really enjoyed working at McKinley Children's Center mostly because I was given the opportunity to grow professionally.
Supervising Quality Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAFebruary 17, 2015
A typical work day in my most previous position included responding to email, writing reports, delegating duties to staff within the department and following up with the staff on certain projects. I learned how to work well with others as my position required that I work with all program staff. I also learned time management because we had many deadlines to meet. The management team was very supportive of our department because we played a key role in rolling out data on performance outcomes for our service programs. I really enjoyed working with them especially when making presentations on the data we collected. The hardest part of my job was waiting for departments to turn in data so that we could complete our projects in a timely manner. This taught me how to approach different staff in a professional manner and explain to them the importance of working towards a common good. This was also my most enjoyable task because it allowed me to approach others and get to know all the staff within the organization and learn everyone's working style. I really loved working at McKinley Children's Center.
House Of Ruth
LVN (Current Employee) –  San Dimas, CANovember 10, 2014
My typical day would be working with teen and children on processing their feeling through art and in group. Helping children and families find different ways of coping with grief, loss and anger as a team. Also educating staff on community violence and gang interventions is a specialty I take pride in.
I learned how to work with a diverse group of people as co workers and with client's. I learned that you can't take what people say personally because you wont survive a day.
Pros
Enjoyed team atmosphere
Cons
No room for further growth
Mckinley Children's Center
1 Instructional Aide Ages 5 to 22 (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CaliforniaSeptember 18, 2014
Mckinley Children's Center see the value individualized attention per student and the importance of education. For more information, visit their website at http://www.mckinleycc.org/
Productive work days
Paper work (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 3, 2013
Working here was great. I would just do paper work (I volunteered)
Mckinnley's Children Center
On-Call Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAMay 12, 2012
Mckinnleys is restructuring and just okay to work for at this time.The pay is minimal however great place to get a start fresh out of college must have a college degree to work here.
The kids were a joy to work with.
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CaFebruary 27, 2012
It was a great place to see children with disabilities grow a succeed in a academic setting.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
n/a