McKinney Independent School District Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Great environment to work in.
Coach/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  McKinney Boyd High SchoolJuly 21, 2015
Each day I took a student with severe muscular dystrophy to each of his classes and got him set up to where he could learn in a public classroom. I would then go to another classroom with multiple special education students (science, math, etc.) and help them associate and learn in a public classroom setting.
Great Place to do great work
School Nurse (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXJanuary 31, 2015
The most enjoyable part of this job is working with great people providing an extremely important service to people who appreciate the effort. There is a great balance of professionalism and personal caring.
Pros
summers with flexible duty
Interactive and community oriented services
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXNovember 12, 2014
Being office manager involved a variety of daily duties and support for the CFO

Enhanced management skills, and state specific requirements for those involved in education.

Management are all very much involved as team players and responsible for a positive work environment.

My colleagues all worked as a team with the ability to "pitch-in".
Enjoyed working with the students
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXAugust 19, 2014
enjoy working with students
enjoyed working in the different school environment
helpful teachers
great people to work with and great trainings
Classroom Teacher - Kindergarten (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXAugust 10, 2014
I would arrive at 7:00 a.m. to prepare the final touches for the day. I always stayed late on Fridays to prepare everything for the following week. Each day I taught reading, writing, math, social studies, and science. The children would leave at 3:00. I would always stay and fill out any paper work I needed to fill out or collect materials for the following day. During the school year we were required to have 50 hours of training. I have been trained in many areas. I loved the people I worked with. They were always willing to help and answer questions. The hardest part of my job was getting everything taught in one day. The most enjoyable part of my job was taking a child that didn't know letters, sounds, or even how to hold a book and have them reading by the end of the year. Greatest feeling in the world!!
Subbing different places
Crisis Aide/ Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  MISDJuly 16, 2014
I enjoyed being able to sub at different schools. I was able to met several different people and able to learn alot as well.
Steady job work
Teacher (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXMarch 20, 2014
•Coordinated schedules of the Justice of the Peace Courts for three prosecutors.
•Maintained, researched, and determined whether cases from arresting agencies were misdemeanors or felonies.
•Designed and managed the counseling letter file system for assaults and harassment.
•Reviewed, secured, and tracked all evidence and videotapes for the department.
•Prepared and provided blank videotapes for arresting agencies.
•Independently appeared correspondence and monthly reports for supervisors.
•Served as receptionist for four months receiving and screening visitors and phone calls
Pros
steady work
Cons
not easy to move up
Misd
Educator (Current Employee) –  McKinneyAugust 31, 2013
Great place to work. Special Education program for students with Autism in the best around.
Great place to work with talented, dedicated educators!
Associate Principal (Current Employee) –  McKinney High SchoolMarch 10, 2013
McKinney ISD is a wonderful place to work. From the beginning of the hiring process through daily interactions with colleagues and leadership, it is a place to feel like you are making a difference.
Great place to work while raising your children.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  McKinney TexasDecember 30, 2012
MISD has given me the opportunity to learn purchasing, accounting and security roles in the work place. I have been given the opportunity to interact with the public in various roles and the faith that I can handle any situation that arrises. The work day starts low key and gets busy quickly, There are rush situations and each situation is different. Management allows me to come to them with an open door policy and I know that there is no problem that cannot be fixed. The best part of my years with the district has been the ability to be a part of my child's edication and activities while growing up.
Pros
hours
Cons
compensation

4.4