McLane Advanced Technologies Employee Reviews

Great Place To Work
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXNovember 28, 2017
Amazing Place to work with great benefits, a great team and a great manager. As an entry-level employee I am able to learn so much from my teammates and the online training courses provided by the company to advance your career.
Great experience
Database Administrator, PLSQL Developer (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXAugust 3, 2017
It is great experience to work here with very good people. The people make it great. The company has been great at educating me and furthering my career. They paid for education and certifications.
Nice place to work
Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXAugust 12, 2016
Good people and great atmosphere to work in. Would get to work at 8AM and leave around 1630, great leadership and awesome to work for.
IT support (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOJuly 28, 2016
There is many people that will guide and direct you where you need to be in order to obtain your success. Don't be afraid to ask for that direction.
Great team of people to work with
Illustrator (Former Employee) –  Temple, TX 76504July 25, 2016
Loved my job, loved the people I worked with. The structured environment however made it very slow to implement time and money saving ideas.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Slow to Adapt
Review
Program Manager / Afghanistan Site Lead (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJanuary 4, 2016
Good people. Loved working there. Too many layoffs at the end of contracts. They need to diversify or the company will die a slow death.
Temple is a slow town too.
100% Travel
Computer Hardware Engineer (FSR) (Current Employee) –  Temple TX / AfghanistanFebruary 7, 2015
I traveled throughout Afghanistan meeting with customers to determine any technical issues with their computer systems as a field service rep for the U.S. Army
Computer & Software Functional Analyst (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXDecember 9, 2014
Overall good place to work, (8-5) M-F great work hours. Great benefits
Pros
Great co-workers / hours
Cons
Difficult to advance / government contracting
An innovative culture with open communication and concern for employees.
SAMS-E Technician Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXNovember 13, 2014
Summary speaks for it's self. I enjoyed going to work each day. Had the opportunity to meet some professional people that were down to earth and easy to talk with.
Pros
Collabrative work inviornment
Cons
contract only.
Government Contract
HELP DESK ANALYST/QUALITY REVIEW BOARD MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXSeptember 25, 2014
Working in a government contract environment is unique. It has its difficulties.
McLane Advanced Technologies gave me the tools to be successful!
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  TempleMarch 26, 2014
I owe my current success to McLane Advanced Technologies; they gave me the skills and experience I needed to further my career in Information Technology. Because of those skills acquired through MAT, I have been extremely successful at my current position, Operational Training Analyst. My time as a SAMS-E Instructor for MAT, laid the groundwork for where I am today. I owe my success to MAT and will never forget where I started! The management team was always encouraging and supportive. Unfortunately, I was a contractor and did not have much in the way of job security. Other than that fact, I enjoyed working at MAT, and I miss my fellow co-workers.
Pros
Great Place to work!
Cons
Being a Contractor
Great Company
Configuration Technician (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXMarch 10, 2014
Great company with multiple personalities and ethnic backgrounds.
Great company to work for.
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJanuary 21, 2014
Great company to work for. Great people to work with and excellent work environment.
Pros
Worked with great people
Cons
Great work environment
Very rewarding work place where I was given the opportunity to learn a lot about software development.
Manager of Test Operations (Former Employee) –  Temple TexasDecember 16, 2013
Managed a great team of personnel on a daily basis developing test cases and scenarios for a maintenance and supply program the Army utilizes. During our system test we would work long to ensure that bugs were identified and reported to the developers so they could be fixed. This would ensure that the company delivered a very sound and dependable product for the soldiers to use.
productive work place
Integration Manager, Program Manager III (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXOctober 21, 2013
Very productive customer focused organization. Management is involved and makes it a point to know each employee on a by name basis.
Pros
Daily lunch avalaiable for $5
Cons
Location is the greatest if you are going out to lunch daily.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXSeptember 18, 2013
Overall, a great place to work. The company has great benefits and participates in allot of funds raisers for the local community.
Pros
Catering services for lunch
Cons
Nothing to share
Owner is very personable
Director of Training Management/BD (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 9, 2013
Excellent group of people to work with. Very dedicated and ethical co-workers. Would recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Good benefits and family oriented.
Great culture!
Operations (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXMarch 29, 2013
Awesome place to work! Great family atmosphere.

Promotes from within, and hard work really does pay off!
Long days at times. Good benefits.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJanuary 26, 2013
Company was new at the time and things were good at the beginning. They only focused on military software which was very competitive but they put all their eggs in one basket. They had a large lay off in 2010 due to not winning contracts. Overall it was a good company but just not a lot of room for promotion and at times not very well managed.
This is a great place to work.
Mainframe Consultant (Former Employee) –  Temple TexasSeptember 26, 2012
McLane has the look and feel of a small college campus. You will find the people open and friendly. The people are motivated and work industriously to complete their tasks. Teamwork is evident even at a glance.
The company owner takes care of the employees.
“Companies responding to the business challenge of taking care of their employees are creating workplaces that do more than just improve productivity — they are building a strong, vibrant, organizational culture that supports the company itself.”