MCLANE COMPANY, INC

MCLANE COMPANY, INC Employee Reviews

Good $$$ yet hard work
Driver (Former Employee), CincinnatiMay 21, 2015
Pros: Page, benefits, free reward points at some of the best hotels
Cons: Split days off depending on your route, working in the winter depending on where you live
Physical job unloading 48ft trailers with a two wheel dolly. New drivers start out on the extra board/on call running routes for a driver that may be taking his vacation or may have called off. This can possibly be an issue if you have a family with kids being that you will not have a set schedule. If you can get through that period things will get better once you have your own route with scheduled days off. I worked the FoodService side of McLane where you'll work overnight delivering goods to costumers. Hardest part of the job is during the winter when delivering in the brutal cold and icy conditions. It's not a job for everyone but the pay and benefits are second to non. I'll recommend working for McLane. It's a good company as long as you're willing to work.
horrible place to work.
warehouse (Current Employee), nicholasville kyMay 14, 2015
Pros: top out in 3 years.
Cons: favoritism, lack of management
All about the customer. Mclane company does not care about its employees or their families. management is out the window, no organization, long hours and understaffed. I would not recommend working here.
Great benefits, Fast paced company with rapid changes.
Executive Asst/Tradeshow Specialist/CMNH Coord (Former Employee), Temple, TXMay 8, 2015
During my 22 year tenure with McLane I learned excellent organizational skills and am adaptable to change in a fast pace environment. Am able to multi-task between numerous projects and stay on course while meeting critical deadlines. I am a team player and enjoy working with others and assisting when needed.

I would describe the most enjoyable part of my job being working with Children's Miracle Network Hospitals in fundraising efforts and meeting the Miracle Children at different events.
Fast paced
Distribution Manager - Third Shift (Current Employee), McLane, CarolinaApril 10, 2015
Great company o work for. Endless possibilities for advancement. Fantastic employees. Substandard HR department. Phenomenal supervisors throughout the building.
No job culture at all
SHH Technician (Former Employee), Temple, TXMarch 2, 2015
The person I worked with was very unpleasant. I expect people who work together every day to at least make conversation and be generally nice people to be around. I complained about this and management would not do anything but make excuses as to why this person acted this way. I felt excluded throughout this company and I was treated like a child. Did not like it at all. The company itself would not be afloat if it was not owned by Berkshire Hathaway. Their IT dept is a joke and is always hiring outside help. They are just now getting used to the idea of cloud computing.
Could be a great place to work for but their schedule drivers is horrible
Driver (Former Employee), Dallas domicile /Temple,txFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: 4 day work week 3 days off
Cons: working 16-22hrs days not enough rest
They let you know right off back the schedule and the benefits but what they't tell you work load and the amount of time you will be out I'm talking about 16-22hrs of work. The stores are right down from each other. 17-22 stores per-sched that you on the worst of them is the BT (business transactions ) which is 7-Eleven stores which can take up to 2hr in order to finish and that just one store now imagine you have 9 of them. You can make decent amount of money bout 2,000 biweekly But you gonna work for every penny
Okay place
forlift (Current Employee), nicholasville kyFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: respect will help you and great atmosphere most times
Cons: hours are changing a lot witch sucks
im not gunna lie its a hard place to work at time but it's not horrible you work four ten hours shifts with over time when need but there trying to fix no overtime . I and a forklift there and a selector it's easy if you can keep up but if you can't it's goodbye . I hate the drama every where an
Favoritism favoritism !
Selector II (Former Employee), LAKEWOOD, WaFebruary 11, 2015
Cons: favoritism, the 40 hrs you are guaranteed are not
I worked here for almost two years besides the violent behavior of other co workers.No matter how high you make average in production you may get a raise at the beginning but other people they favor will be moved to better things. Definitely there harassment and other policy's are not enforced I honestly don't recommend this place if you like to work hard to get to a higher position people that are more lazy and sweet talk the supervisor will get a easier job task than you.
Unpredictable...RUN!!!!!!!!
Driver (Current Employee), Brookhaven MSJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: .....it's a job, you only work 2-3 days a week, grantee 2, 000 every two weeks if you do what they say when they say it, brand new automatic trucks
Cons: unpredictable work schedule, very little sleep, have to work your time and the other driver time, overnight runs, have to drive while sleepy, work 24 hours straight sometimes without any sleep
Worst job ever...a lot of illegal working....lots of driving while sleepy....even tho you're in the sleeper you still have to get out and work because driver will not let you sleep...mclane only care about you if do whatever they tell you to. Unpredictable work schedule...can't plan anything because you don't know when you'll have to work and even if you call them and they tell you that you don't have anything that night they still can call you in to work if somebody calls off and if you say no then you will not get the 2000....they only care about mclane and it's customers, they don't give a f*** about the driver, will write you up for any and every little thing...you can come back in from a run and they will send you right back out knowing that you are tired and sleepy
Such a busy job the day flies by.
Driver (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: i was gauranteed $1, 000 per week
Cons: my load & start time could be changed as many as 5 times before i ever got to work
Automatic trucks.
Being a Board Driver is not easy.
Do not expect regular schedules so long as you are a Board Driver.
It is hard physical labor, which is good, but not all drivers put in the same amount of work!
You are a Board Driver until someone chooses you as their partner, hopefully you don't get a lazy partner.
Can be a good place to work.
Forklift Operator, Perishable Product Receiver (Former Employee), Northfield, MNSeptember 23, 2014
If you like to do the same thing day after day with a production goal, this can be a good place to work. if you like a varied work environment, McLane can be a challenging employer to work for.
productive workplace
Freezer Selector / Sanitation Worker (Former Employee), Carneys Point, New Jersey, 08069December 7, 2013
Pros: constant work, great teamwork, short and long term goals
Cons: not much growth in sanitation and lower pay rate per hour
This is a great company to work for. It is unfortunate I needed more time for my business, but I learned a great deal there. I didn't agree with some of the changes in our department for how things were going to be managed toward the end, but I always worked hard as I could and stayed for as long as the job needed to be done.
Very good productive environment with great morals
Loader/Sorter (Former Employee), Battleboro, NCJune 13, 2013
Pros: good physically job, supervisors always on you and helping to match sure u alright and etc.
Cons: letting your wall fall in the trailer of the truck and that's it.
Physically exercises before work, great team members, everything is organized, physically, constantly moving and competitive
Good company to work for.
Stand Up Forklift Operator / Warehouseman (Former Employee), Temple, TXOctober 5, 2012
Pros: good job.
Cons: healthcare
Operated heavy duty industrial forklift to move equipment, supplies and pallets in and out of the warehouse. Moved goods between distribution centers to storage yards factories, constuction sites and warehouses.

MCLANE COMPANY, INC Salaries