McLane Company

McLane Company Employer Reviews

not so good
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CADecember 11, 2014
It was seasonal and ran very poorly. I would not work there ever again!
There's work, I'll agree to that.
driver specialist (Former Employee), HoustonOctober 22, 2014
Pros: good pay for the work, secured, great excerise
Cons: 1st yr no home time until you get a rt, (your automatically back up) send you out without maps, work on there time schedule, dangerous in bad weather, by yourself 95% of time at night.
There's plenty of manuel labor, and it's constant every day. Mgmt was not the best when I was there. If u choose to be a driver, expect to be at the bottom of the to totem pole when u start, expect to be on call until u get a route, working 10-13 hrs a day on commission, to move up you got to put your time in. Its a manuel labor position, that means high turn over rate (drivers) so expect your 1st year to be McLane Oh, if ur on call, dispatch will call u non stop until they get a hold of you, so don't ever give them your cell phone #. (Hint), make dispatch print maps for you, Talked to drivers who's rt ur pulling to get helpful tips from them. Enjoy walking up & down that ramp in all kinds of weather. Rts dispatch start at midnight.
Great company
Distribution Manager (Current Employee), Jessup, PAOctober 11, 2014
Great company to work for. Great teamwork environment. Hours are long but rewarding. Utilize latest in technology
Great Company
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee), Temple, TXOctober 9, 2014
Pros: to me, the company as a whole was pro.
Cons: offered 5 sick days ( pto ) per year, if you used a 3rd day, you were given a verbal warning. if you used all 5, you were on final. why offer 5 days if you are penalized for taking them?
McLane Company was a great company to work for. I was there from 1984 to 2014 and only left because I moved to another city and there were no job opportunities available with McLane where I moved.

McLane offered great benefits and an awesome 401K plan. They really cared about their employees and proved it in many ways, including an "open door policy"

I would recommend anyone to work for McLane, especially if they are wanting to further their career as McLane offers many advancement opportunities.
Secure old school style of employment
Infrastructure Architect (Former Employee), Temple, TXSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: in the middle of nowhere texas
Small time, limited technical talent. Company not in debt, yearly bonuses are good, not a good place for techie types.
Massive company with little room for change
Area Sales Manager (AZ) (Former Employee), Temple, TXSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: decent compensation
Cons: internal friction between multiple departments
Wear many hats as an Area Sales Manager.

Corporate headquarters is unlikely to make exceptions for smaller scale customers.

Company is very set in it's ways and you can feel that in the overall culture.
Enjoyed the atmosphere and those I worked with
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee), Athens, GAJuly 1, 2014
Saw customers on a daily basis as well as prospected for new customers.
Easy day at Mclane
Selector (Current Employee), Lakewood, WAJune 24, 2014
Pros: has benefits
Cons: it starts at 6 a.m.
Work starts at 6 a.m. and ends when all the work is complete. We work as a team to get the job done. It is the easiest job I have ever had as long as you can stand for 8 hours a day.
Great Work Environment
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Battleboro, NCJune 10, 2014
Great office environment, management is knowledgeable and willing to assist. Compensation could be better
Fast Paced Environment
Customer Service Representative - (Current Employee), Temple, TXMarch 31, 2014
Pros: safety lunches
Cons: difficult to advance
I check my account inventory outs, I research daily account issues, Research and problem solve, Load distributions for customer monthly promotions. Work closely with other depts. Good people to work with. Hardest part of my job is delegating. The most enjoyable part of my job is the different challenges it brings daily. I have learned to build relationships with customers and great communication skills.
current driver
current driver (Current Employee), merced caMarch 17, 2014
Great place to work. Company always supporting. Great values. I'm a current driver. Live in Fresno Ca. An I commute all I can say hard work good pay great benefits an a fabulouse management team.
McLane
Purchasing Specialist (Current Employee), Temple TexasMarch 11, 2014
Great environment and employees. Easy to build a strong business foundation working with an elite industry leader.
Order Clerk (Former Employee), Temple, TXFebruary 20, 2014
Pay was ok for the area but being in a military town its hard to find a decent wage for the amount of work on it expected to do.
Great pay for job, terrible management
Warehouse Receiver (Former Employee), Springfield, MOFebruary 5, 2014
Job itself was great in team oriented environment. Management did not care about employees and supervisors treated you like your hard work and dedication meant little to nothing.
Productive and good paying job with good benefits.
Warehouse Receiver (Former Employee), Baldwinsville, NYDecember 31, 2013
Pros: free lunches for reaching safety goals, good 401k program
A typical day consisted of eight hours except in the summer you might have worked up to 10 hours a day. People are friendly and easy to get along with there, including management. Management will work with you if you have any issues and will help to resolve them. It is a fast paced job, orders have to get out to the stores on time to keep the customers happy. The benefits are great at this job place, including safety incentives. The hardest part of the job was trying to make the freight haulers happy and getting them out on time. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the other employees.
Great company to work for
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Forked River, NJDecember 14, 2013
I'd recommend them to anybody. Great sales structure, and personnel.
Bad corporate culture
Independent Sales Rep/Manager (Former Employee), Temple, TexasNovember 21, 2013
Pros: good pay for delivery drivers if you don't have a life
Cons: they don't really care about your life
Distribution center in So Cal, everyone walks around with their head down and do not appear to be happy. as a driver it was great pay but at a stiff price regarding having no time for a family. management is a swinging door! i witness 5 transportation managers within 7 years of employment get fired! co- workers all complained about management being unfair and favoritism. hardest part about working for them is smiling knowing you have job security"not"
best job I ever had
Route Merchandiser (Former Employee), Cottonwood, ALOctober 20, 2013
Pros: company vehicle, 3 weeks paid vacation, bonuses, holiday pay
Cons: no job security, limited advancement opportunities
learned how to complete assigned route in a timely manner. limited interaction with co workers. Good management, stayed current and up to date with changes made within company. Limited supervision. Hardest part of the job, keeping up with all the products we were responsible for. Enjoyable part, completing a long day on the road.
Steady work
Truck driver (Current Employee), Hebron, kyOctober 3, 2013
Pros: pay, befenits, discounts on various items
Cons: communication can be a problem at time, . having to be on the extra board for an extended period of time.
Co-workers are awesome to work with. Steady work and a good company to work for if you don't mind working overnight. Good equipment for the most part. The only complaint I have about McLane is the amount of time you would have to be on the extra board before you get your own route.Granted this was told to me while being interviewed but it just can be a hassle when you don't know exactly when you would be off. Besides that if you don't mind a little physical work unloading your route this can be the job of your dream!
Fast pace and challenging
Distribution Center Supervisor (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CASeptember 30, 2013
Pros: great 401k
Cons: job security
A good company overall but can be demanding of time with new business.

About McLane Company

McLane Company, Inc., is a $44 billion supply chain services leader, providing grocery and foodservice supply chain solutions – Read more

McLane Company Photos