McLane Company Employee Reviews

Not a fair place to work..
Transportation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 16, 2017
As a transportation clerk at MBM now known as MCLane, for me was great in the beginning. However over time and change of management everything went horribly wrong. Mistreatment, hostile work environment, talked down to. A lot of favoritism towards Caucasian women. I mean just terrible to deal with on daily basis. They countinue to come after you over and over. Either they'll find a way to fire you or make you quit due to the unfair treatment. Nickel and dime raises. Bad office chairs, hurts your back and bottom. Freezing office all seasons.. My schedule was nice but thats it.
Pros
I worked Monday through Friday
Cons
Discrimination, favoritism, no raises worth nothing.
Professional Industries
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 12, 2017
Perform a great customer service acknowledgement to the client , answer the correct answer. Have the office or the place of working looking professional and looking in a professional work enviroment. The most hardest part of the job is when a client gets upset but its not your fault, you try to take care of the problem of best of your acknowlege if not you get a manager involve to better assist your customer or client. I enjoy helping customers and go out of my ways to give them the best customer service they deserve.
Pros
We had great feed back from our clients
Cons
short breaks
Not a stable secured Job
Processor (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYFebruary 23, 2017
I worked for this company for 6 months doing processing, this job provided great benefits and they pay a big portion of it for you. After peak season which usually ends in January. Don't work second shift if you want to spend time with your family. Third shift is a great shift I didn't mind it. They usually find reasons to let you go when they need to cut down on employees. No union so they can let you go whenever they feel like it.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Not a long term job
Dont waste your time on mclane (former teammate)
Selector (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAJanuary 6, 2017
Mclane was a horrible experience, there training process is a joke they don't have any organization with team members or product in warehouse and they only praise there drivers and loaders and leave the selectors with half working equipment and little to none resources when the selectors are the back bone to the whole company.
Pros
Freindly teammates
Cons
Horrible management and supervisors and poor pay for what you do.
good benefits
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAFebruary 7, 2017
good benefits pay not enough for the hours you work and the lifting that you do then you get to stores not all of them and you have to deal with attitudes and most placesyou cant understand what is being said and unless you have a dedicated route you neverknowwho you will be teamed up with so you cant plan anything because you never know when you have to work and most of the time its a friday and sarturday
Not a very reliable place to work but pays good
Grocery Selector (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 12, 2017
Job security here is questionable, they pretty much force overtime whenever they feel like it instead of asking, you might end up working hard one day, then the next your begging to keep your job. They fire people over the littlest things, If you can survive long enough to get those good pay raises then be my guest.
Pros
good hours
Cons
Job security, will overwork you
MBM Food Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 2, 2016
 Assisted customers by answering phones and resolving issues with truck deliveries, while processing necessary paperwork for warehouse.
 Assisted various franchise owners by taking phone orders utilizing company software (AS400).
 Assured stores were receiving food order shipments in a timely manner by maintaining records and communicating via phone and/or email
Pros
free meals and free products
Cons
Low pay and no weekends off
great company, not so great division
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Battleboro, NCDecember 1, 2016
McLane Carolina Division could be a great place to work with improved leadership. The facility has outstanding technology and any young supervisor will benefit from using it. But the current leadership lacks the wherewithal to use it to promote process improvement. Instead the leadership focuses on disciplinary actions against employees instead of evaluating if the processes can be improved. It is very frustrating.
Pros
excellent benefits, technology, stable stable company
Cons
base pay, stale leadership approaches
Productive and fast paced
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, WANovember 24, 2016
A typical day at work consists of responding to several e-mails, entering credits/debits, Entering Business Licenses and Resale certificates of customers, and credit research.

Co-workers are great to work with.

The hardest part of my job is not getting cooperation from other departments regarding research.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being given the opportunity to learn new aspects of my department.
Pros
Annual Picnics, Monthly game days
Cons
Health Care, Raises
Assembly line production with emphasis on customers far above workers
Breakpack Orderfiller (Current Employee) –  Jessup, PAFebruary 10, 2017
Used to be a much more decent company to work for under our first president. It has degenerated into a place where no one in management has any clue what is going on and they seem very content with that ignorance.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
Near constant overtime and management that doesn't care about their employees
Please think twice before applying for this job
Data Processor (Former Employee) –  Haines City, FLDecember 28, 2016
Do not trust anyone they claim to be your friend boom stab in the back. Management sits at his desk all day looking at his computer and answering phones just to brag about his company instead of getting involved with the employees and their jobs. Seniority is not given a thought unless you are the pet. The other McLane Companies may be different
Nothing good to say about management
Candy re- pack (Former Employee) –  RepublicDecember 13, 2016
This would be great place to work if they had better management. They don't communicate, they lie, they lose your paperwork, they take advantage of you, this place is fake, don't apply to work here if you plan on staying cause they won't keep ya, !!! They brag on their "ROBOT" system, and expect you to be a ROBOT too, I have nothing good to say about this place .
Pros
Cons
Alot
Great pay but very long routes. Away from home 65+ hours a week.
Route Delivery Driver / Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  Republic, MONovember 5, 2016
Long hours, 65+ per week, great pay, great 401k and benefits, new equipment, loads suck, hard work for most people. You deliver in 5 different states. Use people net electronic logs. Always have a co-driver. Go on 16-32 hours loads 3 days a week. Sometimes more during the holidays. Management seems to care less about you.
Pros
New equipment, great pay
Cons
Long work weeks, bad management
productive
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 1, 2016
come in the morning and find out how many routes we have for the day and hours. we would have a crew of 13 people. put on your freezer gear and start selecting. I learned how fast it was and if you didnt hit your numbers you would be talk to. you have to keep a pace of 95% or higher. Management would talk to you about your % every day. if you needed help they would have you trained again. they knew some of the problems of selecting but didnt have a answer all time. my co-workers were more helpful than the management.they knew some short cuts on how to stack on a pallet. the hardest thing was keeping the pace of 95% or higher. if a pallet falls in front of your path way. your % would go down and it was hard bring it back up. the enjoyable part of the job was the crew and the pay.
true learning experience
selector 4 (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYNovember 30, 2016
Enjoyed working there, learned a lot about meat handling procedures. Some co workers were nice and helpful. Had to dress in warm clothing when I was in the freezer and/or coolers. I got cold hands and feet at times, but got warmed up on my breaks.. , I can not recall any specific part of job that was hard, I was just glad I had an income. My supervisor was nice
Pros
Health care
Excellent benefits Good entry level positions.
Selector/Loader (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WADecember 22, 2016
A solid company with excellent entry level positions fair wages and superb benefits. Only flaw is the scheduling can be inconsistent during major seasons/holidays so you do not know when your shifts end or if you are working approved OT.
Pros
Healthcare, salary, positions, community.
Cons
Scheduling approved OT
Very Hard Labor, Very Long Hours
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ Foodservice divisionOctober 23, 2016
Worked for this company for 4 years. 4 nights a week. Great to work only 4 shifts a week but home life sucks when everyone goes to bed and you are up for work. Work illegal... just don't tell anyone. Sleep while driving... just don't get caught by the big brother dash camera always watching. Work through your break otherwise you'll run out of time. Again, just don't tell anyone. Always jumping though hoops and cutting corners to get the job done. Did the best I could, 4+ years loyalty to them then they cut me loose. Poorly operating management.
Pros
4 nights a week
Cons
Night shift, big brother dash cam, long hard hours, poorly managed
Very long days with alot of hassle with the stores
Driver (Former Employee) –  Glenwood, ILDecember 16, 2016
No help with training experience and alot of
Complaints with the other employees and not wanting to help.The mangement was poor in communicating with workers.The stores wasnt open for deliveries on time.Not good with family.
I wasnt the best job for me but good pay every two weeks.
Pros
BREAKS
Cons
SOMETIMES 24 HOUR DAYS
Mclane jessup pa
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Jessup, PADecember 21, 2016
As a current driver this is absolutely one of the worst places to work. Dispatch doesn't know what they're doing, transportation manager is just as clueless. For a company that "preaches safety" they could care less about their employees. Absolutely horrible place to work.. wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.
Exactly as Described
Driver (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAOctober 18, 2016
I've been working with McLane for six months and it's exactly the way they described it when they interviewed me. I unload the truck and work hard but the pay and benefits are good. I'm usually home 3-4 days each week. Right now I'm on the extra board but I will be bidding for my own route soon.

I've never been asked to run illegal. When I had an issue with my truck, they sent me a replacement and got me back on the road.
Pros
Good pay, great 401K
Cons
Hard work -- hand unload all freight

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McLane Company. Our community is ready to answer.

70%