McLane Company Employee Reviews

Selector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXAugust 19, 2017
I rather not go into details about previous employers. every employer had its benefits and opportunities. it was a great opportunity to earn a living.
Very busy
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXAugust 18, 2017
Business is driven by seasons and can be very busy. Only two days a year is the facility shut down. Supervisors are tasked with running facility with little guidance by management.
Lousy management team not following company beliefs and values
Learning and Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAAugust 18, 2017
Work lots of overtime in the warehouse.
New people have to work EVERY Saturday
Prpmoted workers but management had their picks
Decent pay and good benefits plan. Company pays a lot of the medical insurance cost.
Lot of long time workers, but a lot of people quitting quickly too. Always hiring.
Supervisors don't know how to talk to people
Pros
Great corporate company. Poor local management team
Cons
Not a real training position, Good old boy network, Old technology and equipment. No budget for materials
Rewarding
HR Clerk (Current Employee) –  Danville, ILAugust 17, 2017
I love all the things they do for the teammates. It is hard work but that is what you get paid to do. If it is a really long day they make sure and have food brought in for the teammates.
Pros
They do take care of the teammates
Cons
Hours sometimes diffucult for daycare.
typical day
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 16, 2017
heavy lifting cold and hot environment long hours riding forklifts pallet jacks loading trucks receiving trucks got work in a safe and timely matter
Pros
good people
Cons
It wasnt a bad gig, good people but managment is so unorganized.
Yard driver (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXAugust 16, 2017
I enjoyed working there, only way to lose your job is if you do stupid stuff like poor attendance, but the money was not good enough for what the job intakes
Pros
Good people good home life
Cons
Pay, managment
Dedicated Management Group
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carneys Point, NJAugust 16, 2017
I love the traveling and seeing different cities and states, but the hours away from home thats what got me. The pay rate could of been a lil better. The work schedule was excellent and the workplace was nice.
No opportunities for advancement
Fleet and Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COAugust 15, 2017
No opportunities for advancement. I did manage to learn much more about EPA and OSHA requirements and receive certifications - for that I do appreciate.
Pros
Good location
Cons
No opportunities for advancement
Great place to work just super hot
Single Cell Selector (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILAugust 14, 2017
You get great exercise working here for sure. Over all nice people and great management. Definitely great pay and really good benefits. Hardest part would probably be dealing with the drama.
Productive warehouse setting
Selector (Former Employee) –  Battleboro, NCAugust 14, 2017
Great benefits and pay. Long hours, had to be to work at 4am until. We could not leave until the orders were finished. The best part of the job was selecting the orders. Co workers were catty.
Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
fast past work
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYAugust 12, 2017
fast past work and you are there until
the job is done open door policy and all management is great to work with. the hardest part is keeping all equipment running and the enjoyable part of the job is when it time to go home for the day.
reciever
Recieving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAAugust 11, 2017
The job was okay , i just didn't like working late night . On an typical day it was study . The management team was okay , I didn't really like some things or agreed on , The hardest part was picking up heavy objects as in boxes . The enjoyment day was when it went by fast and we had a lot of work .
Amazing Company and Professional Family Atmosphere
NE & SE TERRITORY SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2017
McLane GLobal is one of the best companies I have yet to work with. The management there is more like a family yet they keep it comfortably professional. You are rewarded for success there and the sky is the limit depending on how willing one is to work. They are above and beyond a pleasure to work with
Pros
Workload is heavy but very manageable. Compensation is great. Staff is very friendly.
Cons
Nothing I can think of
I was a Dispatch Manager
Management Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 9, 2017
I really enjoyed my evenings with my drivers. They were a great team. As long as I could assist my drivers did their job daily and with ease was all that was really important. Customer satisfaction was a very important role also. They were my number one priority.
As far as a company as a whole, I did not see the Christian values there that they claim they follow
Not tot bad
Full Case Candy Worker (Current Employee) –  Danville, IL 61832August 5, 2017
It wasn't to bad, Fast paced but if you can keep up then you will be fine. The management in the area I was in was kind and understanding. Working there had some drama but other than that not to bad.
Good Pay, Physical Work
Selector IV (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYAugust 2, 2017
The pay is pretty good for what the job is. I mostly worked during the months where there is not a lot of business, so I didn't have to experience too much of the insane amounts of overtime that are possible. But long, long hours are definitely possible during peak months. If you pull the rate they want, your job is pretty secure. Depending on what you select this could be easy or very physically hard.

I had the same schedule the entire time I was there, which was nice. The job was really simple. 3rd shift is probably the best shift to be on if you can get it, and are willing to work it.

I wouldn't say it's the best job ever, but my experience there was mostly good and it payed my bills each month.
Pros
Pay, sometimes free meals/gifts, consistent schedule
Cons
Physically demanding, possible long hours
No life bad management
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 29, 2017
Seniority rules when it comes to picking routes for the rest it's slim pickings and long weekends management never has any answers and they all blame each other one hand never knows what the other is doing pay and benefits are good but the hours spent on routes are ridiculous family time is not a priority here they want you out as long as they can keep you out.
Pros
Pay benefits
Cons
No personal time for family
Fast paced working environment.
Dispatcher/Router (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYJuly 28, 2017
The company could be demanding at time but not to the point of being over bearing. It was very fast paced working office and there was never a dull moment.
Pros
Salary was excellent.
Cons
Senior Management was clueless
Horrible management
Candy Order Selector/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJuly 28, 2017
This place is horrible in every aspect. They have the worst turn over rate then any company in Athens Ga. They have anywhere from 3-5 people walk out, quit, or get fired EVERYDAY!
Wouldn't recommend to anybody
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJuly 27, 2017
bad company,nothing,sucks,none,stress,going Drivers wear flip flops to work and unloading, management talks about the employees behind backs to other employee
Cons
Management needs replacing with new staff..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McLane Company. Our community is ready to answer.