McLane Company Employee Reviews

Overall rating*
Rate this comp
Stressful
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COOctober 18, 2017
New McLane is very stress full cooperate mgr's don't seem to have understanding how to operate this company policy's change daily this would be Brookeshire Hathaway
Good Benefits
CDL Class A Delivery Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 17, 2017
Need better schedules with possible weekend trade off. Management does not care about any one having a family life. Restructured routes that required more weekends to work.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Do not take care of their drivers
Horrible co-worker
Loader (Former Employee) –  Jessup, PAOctober 16, 2017
Was loader for 3rd shift freezer/cooler.
The supervisor was real nice guy but my main issue is a particular employee on that shift that has been there a long time that tries very hard to get any "new person" fired or quit.
Very gang like atmosphere with White Supremacists. One black guy on whole shift and very rascist atmosphere. Beware!!
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Worthless employees
Best place to work
Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXOctober 16, 2017
I processed new vendors each day. Management was great to work with. Relaxed atmosphere and fellow employees were great in general. Hardest part of job was not having enough to do.
Pros
Lots of employee perks
Cons
Not having enough to do
Horrible management in dallas
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 12, 2017
The management was terrible in Dallas, you work very long hours at night away from your family and when you do have a day off you're too tired to do anything. If you want to work Monday night Tuesday night thurs night and Friday night not getting off the next day till 3-4pm 16-18 hrs a day and barely have time for family then you'll love it.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor schedule, long hours
Good Company
CDL DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COOctober 11, 2017
It is a little rough to start, when you get hired on at this company. The first year is the hardest. You work very hard but you are paid well. If you cant make it passed the first year then you can be on a route permanently and your job will become less hectic.
Pros
Good pay, different routes, training
Cons
physical job, better pay after 1-2 years, all over the place hours
Terrible
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KYOctober 9, 2017
In working at this company I have found that I was basically lied to. Supposed to be a day shift job getting off by 5-6pm. Or was told 4 days a week with 8-9 hour work days. Well, the employees that were told that now have to work an extra day so we get ONE day off a week and are there 12-16 hours a day. The management is ridiculous, they are clueless. Dry has no AC then in the freezer it’s like 4 degrees. You’re not allowed to leave until you’ve reached your projected minutes that day, which they add more on than what you began with. Totally unfair company, doesn’t care about your well-being, has a zero work life balance. There is no way what management does and how they treat their employees can be legal-it’s that bad. The people that stay only stay cause they need the money and have a family to take care of. But the majority walk out after a week or so.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long hours, poor management
Productive place to work
Selector 1 (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYOctober 8, 2017
Very stressful at times but the people are really nice people to work for just sometimes to many people are wondering around the department and not staying busy
Pros
Awesome staff
Cons
Short breakdowns
Fun working place
Selector (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLOctober 2, 2017
Fun working place , feels like you are all family,great benefits,company pick-nicks(Disney,sea-world,bush garden etc.)cool people.if your ok making about 35 a year. then is the place for you.
Pros
good family invarment
Cons
if your ok making about 35 a year. then is the place for you.
Working for a warehouse
Selector (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXSeptember 29, 2017
In opinion I would recommend McLanes Distribution to the public. I didn't work there that long but I guarantee your going to get a decent paying amount and benefits. The downfall about working here is poor management and too much drama and gossip. If you attend to apply, I would advise you to keep to yourself and stay out of the drama as much as you can. Other then that your job is set for you.
Pros
Paid time off, medical, dental health care, 401K
Cons
Poor management
Work Hard - Paid Well
Delivery Driver ( OTR ) Team and/or Solo Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MO 65802September 26, 2017
I came into this job expecting hard work and long hours. Definitely hard wor and long hours. Hardest part at the time was time away from my kids, now that they are older; i wish i hadn't left.
Fast pace
Forklift Operator/ Selector (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILSeptember 26, 2017
Lots of hours, but pay is really good and would not mind working for them again, I put in 7years before I stay home with my kids. Great 401k they match 2 to 1 also pretty much every benfits you can think of they have and you will get over time, so if you are looking to pay some bills off this is the job to have . I worked at the one in Illinois Mclane Midwest and everyone was friendly and you get to work and meet some very nice people.
Pros
Good Pay, Lots of hrs
Cons
Short Breaks
Old Culture
Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXSeptember 26, 2017
The advancement at the corporate level is exceptionally slow. However, if you move to the field and are willing to move it can be very fast paced for the right individual.
Very poor management skills and concern for the actual people they employ
Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2017
Not too concerned about their people. You can work three staight shifts and not even get a thank you. Then, the next time you have to say not that you cannot work that many in a row, they get mad at you.....even though you did it last time. No gratitude
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Overworked
Good people, good place to work.
Material Handler and Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75236September 25, 2017
You must go above and beyond to advance, but you can advance. Management will guide through the process but you must be willing to sacrifice weekend and overnight . Work is hard but doable if you put your mind and back into it. Good place to make good money.
Pros
cook outs, safety bonus, and safety electronic give away
Cons
work is heavy lifting and some area cold.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Carneys Point, NJSeptember 25, 2017
The job was exciting, keeps you on your toes. It keeps your blood flowing.
This job also offers good benefits.
Mclane also has free and fresh coffee which is
Wakes you up in the morning...
Pros
I was off on weekends
Cons
No set time to get off everyday
Fun place to work in the office environment, but stressful at times.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJSeptember 25, 2017
There are always more projects being added to your work load, with less time to complete. The job becomes very stressful at times. All routes need to be covered.
Honest Review
Selector/Picker (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLSeptember 24, 2017
I worked at McLane for just under 3 years as a Dry Grocery Selector.

McLane is not for people who cant handle long hours and sometimes even the heat or cold depending on where in the building you work.

You make great money at McLane and depending on your department a lot of overtime. All though I was forced to leave McLane unexpectedly due to a relocation because of family reasons, if I could I would absolutely go back! Unfortunately McLane's policy is no rehires which in my opinion is a major downfall because sometimes people have to leave for reasons out of their control just like myself

Its tough work but they pay very well and you have great benefits. I wanted to make a career out of McLane and I planned on being with the company for a very long time but unfortunately that time got cut short due to things outside of my control.

McLane is a great place for young people to make good money and even a career out of. They will pay for your schooling if you want to move up in the company and become some sort of management employee.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Discounts, Overtime, Job Security
Cons
Unpredictable hours, Favortism
Enjoy working with employees as a team and not management working as a team
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Athens, GASeptember 23, 2017
Coming in to work everyday in chaos. I come in to straighten out everything and get everybody I am over back on the same page as a team. Never no communication but playing the blame game. No one took interest making a better work place for our employees.
Pros
Great Benefits, and great place to work with employees
Cons
Long days and hours, never a set schedule knowing what time you going home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McLane Company. Our community is ready to answer.