McLane Company Employee Reviews

DC Supervisor
Distibution Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Battleboro, NCSeptember 21, 2017
The job never did get boring. I was given the opportunity to supervise 3 different departments in a one year period. The teammates were mostly nice, despite being overworked. The job wasn't too hard, dangerous, but the hours were exceedingly long and stress was, at times, horrendous. We were going through many, needed, management changes, and there were several areas that had ZERO accountability and little, to no supervision... Namely Maintenance and Information Systems. Maintenance were completely disorganized, with no clear leadership. Fork operators would often have to wait 30 mins to an hour to get a battery changed. IS was even worse. Cycle counts on inventory were not being done, except for Cigarettes. This caused inventory nightmares. Lost or "ghost" pallets were everywhere, resulting in lost sales, expired product, and increased stressed, because i would often have to "hunt for them." The pay was fair, but not good. My dept performed better than all others, on a regular basis. However, bonuses were 3.5% of a potential of 15.5% due to the overall poor performance. I feel that working 60 or more hours, extra days, with many times skeleton crews, would justify Supervisors getting at least 10% of that bonus. Upper management did not listen well and discouraged any dissenting opinions. They also did not bare adequate amount of responsibility for our failures or shortcomings. They were in meetings from 3-5 hours per day and would decisions with out discussing them with supervisors. This made us all look indecisive and disorganized. Upper managers would often approve time  more... off for hourly teammates without even letting the supervisors know about it resulting in being even shorter staffed. Dealing with upper managers was the hardest part of the job.  less
Pros
free meals, 401k match
Cons
LONG hours, unpredictable volume, incompetent managers.
Stressful
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXSeptember 19, 2017
More bad than good here at Maclane Co ... Last few yrs the place has really changed .. Poor management all the way around .. Force dispatch on tired fatigued drivers , no care for home time with families .. Everyday change to rules and procedures to force company rule over employee's.
Good people
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Merced, CASeptember 18, 2017
Would recommend to work here. Excellent manager ,and coworkers . Clean warehouse good pay and benefits pay vacation. Miss it already but had to relocate.
Pros
Friday lunchon
Cons
15 min brakes
Selector (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCSeptember 18, 2017
Mclane was a good place to work at if you liked the fast pace environment like I did. Co workers laid back and was very good as a team.the pay was good.the management was great.
Great Job
HR Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYSeptember 14, 2017
I had a reduction in force, and although I did not understand what I know now that overall it was a great place to work. I had great benefits, policies in place, and great enviorment. They really do right by taken care of their employees.
McLaneCo is a cut throut place to work
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXSeptember 14, 2017
McLaneCo does not care about what they call their Teammates!!! They will fire you if you look at them wrong and you are constantly walking on egg shells just to keep your job.

Unless this is your last option, DO NOT WORK FOR MCLANE!!!!!!
Pros
Coworkers look out for each other
Cons
To many to list
Steady work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 13, 2017
If you work hard and do the job the way they want you will be paid well and gone all the time. Its a fast pased cut throat hard work type of company..
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Work life home life balance
Wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy
Full Case Selector (Former Employee) –  Jessup, PASeptember 12, 2017
• Management is clueless and unorganized.
• Impossible to get time off. • Say goodbye to spending time with your family.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Anything and everything else that goes on there.
If you want any kind of life outside of work do not go here
Inventory Control /Returns Trainer (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYSeptember 11, 2017
pay is good
benefits are good
work culture is you are there until the job is done. that could mean 8 hrs a day to 16 hrs a day.
management acts as if they care about employees but really only care about getting product out the door
attendance policy is extremely tough especially on working families
Pros
pay
Cons
work hours, management, culture
Ran crew for shipping
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLSeptember 11, 2017
Had 32 people under me ran selecting process and shipping process work all departments candy room cooler/freezer cigarettes dry groceries had to have loads ready for drivers everyday
Pros
Good pay benifits good hours
Cons
Good to work if you need the money
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Mclane Global logisticSeptember 10, 2017
It's a ok place to work , the people are nice, they give you room to work , no one comes to check on you every five minutes, it's a new building so work is slow as of now
Pros
People are very friendly
Cons
It's a new building
Alot of work
Loader/selector (Former Employee) –  Jessup, PASeptember 9, 2017
Hard fast paced but you get your hours. Good pay and benefits. Lots of overtime, company picnics and other events. Hard working staff and some good people.
Benefits
Cons
Some long work days do to system break down.
I wouldn't work for them ever again.
McClane (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 7, 2017
This job didn't care about how many hours u worked. They treated you like you were a robot. The job is ruff on you and tears you down. They don't do as they say they do cause they are not family bassed.
Very difficult invironment.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood, ALSeptember 7, 2017
Extremely stressful. Incompetent management. People promoted to supervisor on the "good old boy" program (lack of job knowledge), and this makes it impossible to get a problem solved. Lack of understanding of the difficulty of the job task that is put on you. Lack of concern of overloading worker with job tasks. A great place to work if your are a political minded person. Good luck with your job prospects with McLane.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Everything else
n/a
SR. Business Relations Manager for IT (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXSeptember 4, 2017
Travel
construction of buildings
project management
manage teams
budget
contract negotiation
communications with upper management.
make sure all projects are complete
travel
Long Hours,
Area Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Brookhaven, MSSeptember 3, 2017
Long hours with no support from upper management. Work /life balance is terrible. Communication is terrible from upper management. President dictates the operation. This may not be at every division but the southern division is terrible. The benefits are good but not as good as they once were.
Benefits
Cons
Long Hours, President Dictates, Work/Life balance, Salary, Communication
Good place to work and friendly co-workers
QC Loader, Customer Service, Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Battleboro, NC 27809August 31, 2017
Good job to make some great money and pay bills and the Co-workers are the best to work with and mangers are good to work for . There aren't much room to advance in the company besides department to department.
Pros
Give away prizes and gift cards
Cons
Short breaks
I never worked for mclane
Blue Summerlin - Trans Manager (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCAugust 28, 2017
The company i worked for was bought out bye Mclane. I never worked for them so i cant tell you anything about them. MBM was a great company to work for.
Pros
Very well paid and physical fit job
Cons
time consuming
Best Company Ever Worked For
Receiving Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZAugust 25, 2017
Great atmosphere. Awesome supervisors, management and HR. Unbeatable raises and pay structure. The only thing I or anyone I ever worked with would have to complain about is employee relations. It's a good job, good company, people know that and will try to make themselves look the best they can while doing quite the opposite to their coworkers. Comparable to behavior on an elementary school playground. Other than that, I wish I still worked there.
Pros
Cons
Petty teammates
Productive fast paved enviroment
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Contoocook, NHAugust 25, 2017
I would recommend working there. Amazing pay and benefits. Job could be stressful at times but I loved it. The management was easy to talk with. My coworkers became good friends of mine
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Last minute over time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McLane Company. Our community is ready to answer.