McLane Company Employee Reviews

Very hard place to work but pay good money!
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYJune 21, 2017
Very hard on your body and don't get a lot of personal time, but pays really good. Just don't have time to spend with friends or family really. Takes away your days because your sleeping during the day and working at night.
Pros
Pays good money
Cons
No perosnal time
Fun place to work; bad management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILJune 20, 2017
The employees were great but management was very unflexible. Very busy but made the day go by fast, normal 8-5 work hours. Very good benefits and pay.
Amazing company to work for.
Data entry, 10key (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZJune 19, 2017
I learned a lot from this company. Management was laid back. It was fast paced but not hard to meet production. Had an awesome work place culture. There wasn't any thing hard about my job or other jobs in the warehouse.
Good companies managed by bad people.
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYJune 17, 2017
One of those companies I would consider a stop gap. More of a location based problem. The company as a whole is pretty solid. Some locations are managed by people who are smart educationally, but leadership and people skills are lacking. Poor management hurts this location bad.
Pros
Earning Potential
Cons
Senior Management. Lack of support for office staff.
best place to work for
stocker (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 16, 2017
I started working as a forklift opt hauling product from receiving dock to assigned slots.Ialso stocked when needed,also learn to work in shipping and receiving.I truely enjoy working there.I became an equipment trainer and department trainer
Pros
good learning place
great job
STOCKER (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJune 16, 2017
Mclanes was a great job to have. i was a second shift stocker, something that they just started to try out. it was very laid back move at your own pace.
Selector/Picker (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 15, 2017
It's a ok place to work if you don't have a family. The hours are long sometimes. You go in at a set time but you do not get off at a set time. They don't do rehire.
Pros
Great pay, benefits and free luncheon
Cons
Long hours, no rehire.
Long hours with constant pressure to be faster
QC Checker/Loader (Current Employee) –  Republic, MOJune 14, 2017
Pay is good for the work involved but the employees are worked to their limits. The job tasks could be better preformed by working less hours with more employees.
Wow
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Jessup, PAJune 14, 2017
Just a terrible place to work. No policy following by management. They screw up, they take you down. At the mercy of what time you start by one person in the building. Never again here.
Workplace
Selector/Loader (Former Employee) –  Battleboro, NCJune 12, 2017
- Long Hours & Hard Work

- I Learned How To Drive a Forklift & Load Trucks In a Certain Order

- Good Management

- Good Workplace Culture They Make Sure they Take Care Of You

- Hardest Part is not knowing when you will get off

- Most enjoyable part was when you get off at a decent time
Good people to work around
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJune 12, 2017
You knew what time you went into work but never knew what time you got off. It didn't give you a work life balance i would be tired when it came to the weekends or a day off i had in the week where I just couldn't spend time with family because of getting off early mornings
Don't waste your time
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 12, 2017
They don't care about drivers. If you love your knees, I wouldnt even consider this job. Loaders in Houston are the worst. Loads not secured properly, always found pallets tipped over. Try sorting through 150-300 cases on trailer floor. And on top of that you have a certain time to deliver product. So don't waste your time.
Would be a great place if minor changes were made
Selector (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXJune 11, 2017
The pay at McLane is great, unfortunately the department I'm in is very understaffed and over worked. In our last teammate meeting the president and staff were complaining about overtime, but if we had the staff we needed then we would be able to get done faster. A typical day at McLane consists of a start up meeting and then immediately getting to our stations and going to work. My shift starts at 2 pm, we take over for first shift and they are sent home. We are then left to complete whatever work is leftover before we are able to leave. The supervisor in my department has never been a selector, therefore he really doesn't fully understand our job that well. The hardest part of the job is really just being understaffed and having each individual carry a lot more work. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people in my department. I get along with everyone and they make the day easier to get through. All in all Mclane could be a very nice place to work if we had the right supervisors and the right number of people.
Pros
Pay, 30 minute lunch, good people
Cons
Understaffed, overworked, supervisors lack of experience
figure it out
Area Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brookhaven, MSJune 11, 2017
Most days are left to figure out There are days that run long and all you get is try it again. It is a constant struggle to have consistant days. Upper management puts it all on frontline guys
Pros
local
Cons
no constint time off
Great company
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  New York StateJune 8, 2017
Worked there for 5 yrs . Learned a lot taught me to be a merchandiser . management was great and very helpful because of this company I went on and took care of many stores for many yrs
Strict and face-paced place to work
Java Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 7, 2017
It could be the right fit for some. Depends on what you are used to. Deadlines are rarely flexible. New technologies influence the requirements, as well.
Free Sample
Account Receivable Clerk (Temp Work) (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJune 6, 2017
Typical day come in go to work. Learned about orders from different stores.Management was good. Workplace was not very friendly. Hardest part was that we use so much paper. Doing the job it self, Finding errors on the accounts and correcting account errors.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
It was a long walk to the area where I was working
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNJune 5, 2017
Great place to work. Great team crew to work with. Everyone is very helpful. The right training if needed. Treated their employees fair. Great hours to work with.
Great Company
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJune 1, 2017
This is a great company with great benefits. They are family orientated and hold high values. This is a great atmosphere for anyone looking for career with advancement opportunities throughout the country.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Very large workload
Hard productive labor with poor training .
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJune 1, 2017
Working eight hours a day preparing pallets of products for forklift operators to load on the trucks . Learned how to prepare materials in the warehouse on the pallets for pick ups .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McLane Company. Our community is ready to answer.