McLane Company Employee Reviews

Productive, hard work
QC/Loader (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CADecember 4, 2016
Productive, hard work, over time was always there. My supervisors were awesome, got their hands dirty too at times going Into the trailers helping the Loaders. Going around asking what employees would like to see in changes or requests. Worked with you if you needed a day off.
great company, not so great division
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Battleboro, NCDecember 1, 2016
McLane Carolina Division could be a great place to work with improved leadership. The facility has outstanding technology and any young supervisor will benefit from using it. But the current leadership lacks the wherewithal to use it to promote process improvement. Instead the leadership focuses on disciplinary actions against employees instead of evaluating if the processes can be improved. It is very frustrating.
Pros
excellent benefits, technology, stable stable company
Cons
base pay, stale leadership approaches
Job blows
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNNovember 30, 2016
Management treat you like trash they allow harassment towards other employees management talks trash talk about you as well they don't care about anything else but themselves shorthand drivers so much you're always on call and if you don't answer your phone they write you up
true learning experience
selector 4 (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYNovember 30, 2016
Enjoyed working there, learned a lot about meat handling procedures. Some co workers were nice and helpful. Had to dress in warm clothing when I was in the freezer and/or coolers. I got cold hands and feet at times, but got warmed up on my breaks.. , I can not recall any specific part of job that was hard, I was just glad I had an income. My supervisor was nice
Pros
Health care
Mclane NJ is a good place to work and start a new career.
Cooler Loader (Former Employee) –  Carneys Point, NJNovember 29, 2016
It's has good pay and good people around you that provide you with good training, work, and many more things. It's a nice place inside and outside.
Great Company to work for
Inventory Manager (Current Employee) –  AtlantaNovember 28, 2016
I've been employed with McLane for a very long time they've developed me very well. The hardest part of my job is trying to improved a tarnished culture
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Retirement
Productive and fast paced
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, WANovember 24, 2016
A typical day at work consists of responding to several e-mails, entering credits/debits, Entering Business Licenses and Resale certificates of customers, and credit research.

Co-workers are great to work with.

The hardest part of my job is not getting cooperation from other departments regarding research.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being given the opportunity to learn new aspects of my department.
Pros
Annual Picnics, Monthly game days
Cons
Health Care, Raises
Top Management Bonuses HUGE. No pay raises for (women) Office
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  TeNovember 23, 2016
Everyone in management makes lotsa money. There is no respect for women that do the books, customer service, etc. They do NOT get raises!!!
Safe and great place to work
Forklift Operater (Former Employee) –  Brookhaven, MSNovember 14, 2016
I give them two thumbs up never had a problem with them except some time your hours go up and down and that will be a set back but overall it's a great company to work for friendly and competitive.
Pros
Right at home
Cons
Hours fluctuates
Production
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCNovember 10, 2016
A great place to work love the environment the people everyone treats you just like family I enjoyed every moment I had with the company if anyone is locking for a place to grow I highly recommend mclane
Delivery to McDonalds Rest.
Senior Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLNovember 7, 2016
Great company, great people. Drivers however at the time very clannish, spoiled, brought a Union on board when group was upset at New Leadership, Procedure changes.
Pros
Great company
Cons
pro Union Drivers
Great pay but very long routes. Away from home 65+ hours a week.
Route Delivery Driver / Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  Republic, MONovember 5, 2016
Long hours, 65+ per week, great pay, great 401k and benefits, new equipment, loads suck, hard work for most people. You deliver in 5 different states. Use people net electronic logs. Always have a co-driver. Go on 16-32 hours loads 3 days a week. Sometimes more during the holidays. Management seems to care less about you.
Pros
New equipment, great pay
Cons
Long work weeks, bad management
Great and room for growth
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longmont, CONovember 2, 2016
I always had a great experience. There are always people that can talk to you with any consern. The benefits are great as well
productive
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 1, 2016
come in the morning and find out how many routes we have for the day and hours. we would have a crew of 13 people. put on your freezer gear and start selecting. I learned how fast it was and if you didnt hit your numbers you would be talk to. you have to keep a pace of 95% or higher. Management would talk to you about your % every day. if you needed help they would have you trained again. they knew some of the problems of selecting but didnt have a answer all time. my co-workers were more helpful than the management.they knew some short cuts on how to stack on a pallet. the hardest thing was keeping the pace of 95% or higher. if a pallet falls in front of your path way. your % would go down and it was hard bring it back up. the enjoyable part of the job was the crew and the pay.
Fun place to work
Gardening & Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXOctober 27, 2016
Interacted with a wide variety of projects while working on numerous tasks

Interacted with departments to utilized excellent organizational skills to arrange and coordinate special tasks
Very Hard Labor, Very Long Hours
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ Foodservice divisionOctober 23, 2016
Worked for this company for 4 years. 4 nights a week. Great to work only 4 shifts a week but home life sucks when everyone goes to bed and you are up for work. Work illegal... just don't tell anyone. Sleep while driving... just don't get caught by the big brother dash camera always watching. Work through your break otherwise you'll run out of time. Again, just don't tell anyone. Always jumping though hoops and cutting corners to get the job done. Did the best I could, 4+ years loyalty to them then they cut me loose. Poorly operating management.
Pros
4 nights a week
Cons
Night shift, big brother dash cam, long hard hours, poorly managed
Exactly as Described
Driver (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAOctober 18, 2016
I've been working with McLane for six months and it's exactly the way they described it when they interviewed me. I unload the truck and work hard but the pay and benefits are good. I'm usually home 3-4 days each week. Right now I'm on the extra board but I will be bidding for my own route soon.

I've never been asked to run illegal. When I had an issue with my truck, they sent me a replacement and got me back on the road.
Pros
Good pay, great 401K
Cons
Hard work -- hand unload all freight
Fun fast-paste enviornment
cooler selector (Current Employee) –  Penns Grove, NJOctober 18, 2016
Fast and fun paste environment to work at. Nice friendly people to work with and get along with. Management makes sure teammates are treated fairly.
overworked underpaid
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAOctober 17, 2016
managers suck no respect, dont listen favortism at ever level office staff stuck up not friendly its all negative im there cause its a dam job
Pros
a job
Cons
see aboce
Very productive Warehouse
Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 16, 2016
The warehouse you is not a bad place to work. Although there are requirements like being productive, on time, able to stand for 8 to 10 hrs a day and work over time when needed,
Pros
Good Place To Work
Cons
Good Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McLane Company. Our community is ready to answer.