McLane Company Employee Reviews

Great place to work just super hot
Single Cell Selector (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILAugust 14, 2017
You get great exercise working here for sure. Over all nice people and great management. Definitely great pay and really good benefits. Hardest part would probably be dealing with the drama.
Productive warehouse setting
Selector (Former Employee) –  Battleboro, NCAugust 14, 2017
Great benefits and pay. Long hours, had to be to work at 4am until. We could not leave until the orders were finished. The best part of the job was selecting the orders. Co workers were catty.
Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
fast past work
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYAugust 12, 2017
fast past work and you are there until
the job is done open door policy and all management is great to work with. the hardest part is keeping all equipment running and the enjoyable part of the job is when it time to go home for the day.
reciever
Recieving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAAugust 11, 2017
The job was okay , i just didn't like working late night . On an typical day it was study . The management team was okay , I didn't really like some things or agreed on , The hardest part was picking up heavy objects as in boxes . The enjoyment day was when it went by fast and we had a lot of work .
Amazing Company and Professional Family Atmosphere
NE & SE TERRITORY SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2017
McLane GLobal is one of the best companies I have yet to work with. The management there is more like a family yet they keep it comfortably professional. You are rewarded for success there and the sky is the limit depending on how willing one is to work. They are above and beyond a pleasure to work with
Pros
Workload is heavy but very manageable. Compensation is great. Staff is very friendly.
Cons
Nothing I can think of
I was a Dispatch Manager
Management Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 9, 2017
I really enjoyed my evenings with my drivers. They were a great team. As long as I could assist my drivers did their job daily and with ease was all that was really important. Customer satisfaction was a very important role also. They were my number one priority.
As far as a company as a whole, I did not see the Christian values there that they claim they follow
Not tot bad
Full Case Candy Worker (Current Employee) –  Danville, IL 61832August 5, 2017
It wasn't to bad, Fast paced but if you can keep up then you will be fine. The management in the area I was in was kind and understanding. Working there had some drama but other than that not to bad.
Good Pay, Physical Work
Selector IV (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYAugust 2, 2017
The pay is pretty good for what the job is. I mostly worked during the months where there is not a lot of business, so I didn't have to experience too much of the insane amounts of overtime that are possible. But long, long hours are definitely possible during peak months. If you pull the rate they want, your job is pretty secure. Depending on what you select this could be easy or very physically hard.

I had the same schedule the entire time I was there, which was nice. The job was really simple. 3rd shift is probably the best shift to be on if you can get it, and are willing to work it.

I wouldn't say it's the best job ever, but my experience there was mostly good and it payed my bills each month.
Pros
Pay, sometimes free meals/gifts, consistent schedule
Cons
Physically demanding, possible long hours
No life bad management
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 29, 2017
Seniority rules when it comes to picking routes for the rest it's slim pickings and long weekends management never has any answers and they all blame each other one hand never knows what the other is doing pay and benefits are good but the hours spent on routes are ridiculous family time is not a priority here they want you out as long as they can keep you out.
Pros
Pay benefits
Cons
No personal time for family
Fast paced working environment.
Dispatcher/Router (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYJuly 28, 2017
The company could be demanding at time but not to the point of being over bearing. It was very fast paced working office and there was never a dull moment.
Pros
Salary was excellent.
Cons
Senior Management was clueless
Horrible management
Candy Order Selector/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJuly 28, 2017
This place is horrible in every aspect. They have the worst turn over rate then any company in Athens Ga. They have anywhere from 3-5 people walk out, quit, or get fired EVERYDAY!
Wouldn't recommend to anybody
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJuly 27, 2017
bad company,nothing,sucks,none,stress,going Drivers wear flip flops to work and unloading, management talks about the employees behind backs to other employee
Cons
Management needs replacing with new staff..
nice work place
Warehouse Selector (Current Employee) –  Cordele, GAJuly 27, 2017
Good place to work everybody friendly and gets along well. Great hours and reasonable times of work. hardest part of the job is lifting cases every minute
Not a great place to work
Selector (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJuly 26, 2017
The management is very negligent in how they handle quality control. They tend to blame employees for problems with service level when they could spend time making the process better. I was in the process of graduating with a degree in engineering when I worked here and noticed many problems with how the management handled the operation.
Trailer Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIJuly 25, 2017
The work is usually hard, but they pay is good and they have opportunities for advancement. Warehouse and Drivers get worked a ton, but get paid well for it.
Great job
Driver Helper (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Carneys Point, NJJuly 25, 2017
Looking to meet good people & do a little traveling this is your job. Great management all the way around the board. If you lose this job you left one of the best around in the area.
Pros
Free coffee & soft drinks.
Horrible place to work
Admin/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 24, 2017
No advancement and everyone who did get a job got there by knowing someone and kissing butt not by merit. was one rule for some people and another for someone else. Also racist they didn't like any people of colour there only white or mexican could go there all others stay back.
Pros
Cons
job sucked no advancement
Hard
Warehouse selector (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 21, 2017
very physical and you need to bust your butt to keep up. They run by minutes so everything you do counts. If your not scared of hard and physical work then this is for you. Unfortunately for my I had other issues to deal with.
Pros
fat checks
Cons
energy draining
Ever changing environment
Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 19, 2017
With the company breaking rank and bringing in green younger management from other supply chain companies the environment has changed drastically. Importance on job/life balance has flown out the window and bottom line is now the holy grail. Management has taken on a micro management approach leaving little room for respect of each other let alone the warehouse personnel. Focus has shifted from "What you do to help" to "What you don't do" leaving an extremely low moral amongst 600+ employees.
Pros
Excellent benefits and profit sharing
Cons
Micro-management, low moral, difficult to advance
Good Pay , Bad Job
High Reach Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Jessup, PAJuly 18, 2017
A very fast paced and physical job. If you want to work almost all holidays and never know when you are getting out of work, then this is the job for you.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Long days and very physical

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McLane Company. Our community is ready to answer.