McLane Company Employee Reviews

Not a fair place to work..
Transportation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 16, 2017
As a transportation clerk at MBM now known as MCLane, for me was great in the beginning. However over time and change of management everything went horribly wrong. Mistreatment, hostile work environment, talked down to. A lot of favoritism towards Caucasian women. I mean just terrible to deal with on daily basis. They countinue to come after you over and over. Either they'll find a way to fire you or make you quit due to the unfair treatment. Nickel and dime raises. Bad office chairs, hurts your back and bottom. Freezing office all seasons.. My schedule was nice but thats it.
Pros
I worked Monday through Friday
Cons
Discrimination, favoritism, no raises worth nothing.
Dont waste your time on mclane (former teammate)
Selector (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAJanuary 6, 2017
Mclane was a horrible experience, there training process is a joke they don't have any organization with team members or product in warehouse and they only praise there drivers and loaders and leave the selectors with half working equipment and little to none resources when the selectors are the back bone to the whole company.
Pros
Freindly teammates
Cons
Horrible management and supervisors and poor pay for what you do.
Great pay but very long routes. Away from home 65+ hours a week.
Route Delivery Driver / Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  Republic, MONovember 5, 2016
Long hours, 65+ per week, great pay, great 401k and benefits, new equipment, loads suck, hard work for most people. You deliver in 5 different states. Use people net electronic logs. Always have a co-driver. Go on 16-32 hours loads 3 days a week. Sometimes more during the holidays. Management seems to care less about you.
Pros
New equipment, great pay
Cons
Long work weeks, bad management
Productive and fast paced
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, WANovember 24, 2016
A typical day at work consists of responding to several e-mails, entering credits/debits, Entering Business Licenses and Resale certificates of customers, and credit research.

Co-workers are great to work with.

The hardest part of my job is not getting cooperation from other departments regarding research.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being given the opportunity to learn new aspects of my department.
Pros
Annual Picnics, Monthly game days
Cons
Health Care, Raises
Horrible
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 11, 2016
As a truck driver with many years of experience I can honestly say this is the most I have ever been unappreciated Your hours are long they always add extra work they could care less about your family. They only care is that you bring back the empty truck which is not a problem if you run into an issue truck breaks down or whatever they tell you though pick you up but they won't they rather leave you at a rest area to reset your hours for 10. Management could care less they don't even know who you are all they need is a warm body behind the steering wheel I have never been wrote up in my life until I went there you will be written up for the slightest thing you could work overnight and expect you back into three hours if you like being treated like a nobody McLane is the job for you.
Pros
The benefits
Cons
Everything else
Top Management Bonuses HUGE. No pay raises for (women) Office
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  TeNovember 23, 2016
Everyone in management makes lotsa money. There is no respect for women that do the books, customer service, etc. They do NOT get raises!!!
Not a very reliable place to work but pays good
Grocery Selector (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 12, 2017
Job security here is questionable, they pretty much force overtime whenever they feel like it instead of asking, you might end up working hard one day, then the next your begging to keep your job. They fire people over the littlest things, If you can survive long enough to get those good pay raises then be my guest.
Pros
good hours
Cons
Job security, will overwork you
Brought out my Mclane
Whse Worker (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 27, 2016
It can only go up from here, Negative, poor communication, Management from a Cracker Jack Box. If you like a no life work-a-holic place to work. This could be for you. Long hours,
Benefits
Cons
no life, poor management, negitive enviroment
Assembly line production with emphasis on customers far above workers
Breakpack Orderfiller (Current Employee) –  Jessup, PAFebruary 10, 2017
Used to be a much more decent company to work for under our first president. It has degenerated into a place where no one in management has any clue what is going on and they seem very content with that ignorance.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
Near constant overtime and management that doesn't care about their employees
Exactly as Described
Driver (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAOctober 18, 2016
I've been working with McLane for six months and it's exactly the way they described it when they interviewed me. I unload the truck and work hard but the pay and benefits are good. I'm usually home 3-4 days each week. Right now I'm on the extra board but I will be bidding for my own route soon.

I've never been asked to run illegal. When I had an issue with my truck, they sent me a replacement and got me back on the road.
Pros
Good pay, great 401K
Cons
Hard work -- hand unload all freight
Steady work and steady money
Driver (Current Employee) –  Baldwinsville, NYSeptember 5, 2016
The work is steady without any major slow periods. The 401K program is pretty good. I feel like management has become anti-driver with the drivecam program they have implemented. They use this tool to come down on the drivers for what I feel are petty things. I also feel that as long as the load leaves the yard management doesn't care about any problems that you might have with that particular load. At the end of the day if you can ignore BS and just do your work you can make decent money here but you are definitely going to work for it.
Pros
Money and 401k
Cons
You got to make work fun at my job.
Professional Deliver Driver (Current Employee) –  Battleboro, NCJuly 28, 2016
A typical day at work is extremely physical and hard. I learn new things and techniques everyday. Always room from learning and improvement. I feel at my job today management sucks. There is absolutely no communication within the office. I love my co-workers. When we ride together we make the hard work fun to pass time. Hardest part of my job is dealing with the managers. They make life harder for us because they do not understand the physical part of it all. Us drivers are the face of the company. Most enjoyable part of my job is the look on our customers face after delivering the product to them professionally with no damage.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No time at home over worked under paid.
productive and friendly atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WASeptember 13, 2016
My day consisted of helping our customers, which due to dealing with different cultures and languages could be challenging but rewarding.

My co-workers were the best, we were always there to help one another, our manager was definitely the leader of the pack. She ran our dept. of a firm but fair hand.

McLane treats their employees wonderful (in my opinion). They have bar b q's for the employees and always something to look forward to.
Pros
great benefits and wonderful co workers
Its all about who you know, not what you know or can do!
Wearhouse worker, Yardman, Delivery Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 17, 2016
The company itself has a good motto and will even have you buying into it. Now a lot of the management here want you to do as the say not as they do. There is an extreme amount of favoritism here, and most of the manager cannot do your job or even truly explain it to you. Your opinions do not matter and if you fall out of line you will get the axe and blacked listed. Once was a great company but has slowly gone from taking care of it's own and promoting from within to believing that everyone is replaceable and only college graduates can manage even if their degree has nothing to do with the job at hand or have ever done the work before.
Pros
Benifits, 4days on 3off, ok money
Cons
Expect you to do the work of 3 people, managers done care, don't provide a safe working standards, not everyone employee is treated fairly, broken or unsafe equipment, make you feel more like a number.
reasonable but hard to replace family time
Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  742 course landing rdDecember 14, 2016
this company is great for a single person that wants to make good money co workers are friendly management is ok as well the hardest part about working here is the sacrifice of family time. the most enjoyable part is the paycheck.
Pros
benefits start the first day
Cons
your on call for a year
Awful
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHJanuary 4, 2017
Worked here for a month and a half. First two weeks through a temp service. I got hired on and still after a month I've been waiting for my pay card. Manager there was supposed to let me know the last day I was there what was going on with it and instead he just left before saying anything. I have bills and they don't care and I'm still here waiting for my card. They work you like slaves and will change your hours out of nowhere. Terrible management. Awful and out dated equipment. Most batteries are bad and half of the Chargers don't work. So people will be wasting the first hour just trying to find a battery. Supervisors were a little more understanding. Other employees were very helpful. It's good pay if you don't care about your life outside of work. They work you sometimes more than 13 or 14 hours. The main problem for me was the management and the fact that I haven't been paid in a month and don't know what to do about it.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else about it.
Worst place to work
Selector (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNJanuary 11, 2017
Worst place to work if you have a family. Hours suck. Work all holidays but Thanksgiving and Christmas. Management doesn't care at all about their employees. Supervisors have no clue what they are doing
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours, poor management
work place cultured
Office Billing Clerk/Computer Print Operator (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAFebruary 8, 2017
Very good company to work for, there is always room for advancement and opportunities. As long as you do a great job you are guarantee for advancement.
Pros
raises
Great Company
Operations Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Battleboro, NCJanuary 31, 2017
McLane is a awesome company to work for. The benefits are terrific. The hours can be a bit lengthy but although we work hard we also play hard. The opportunity to advance in the company is fantastic.
Pros
The benefits
Warehouse Associate
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAJuly 27, 2016
McLane is a fast paced workplace that is great for the warehouse worker who likes a challenge. I loved the challenge and the opportunity to travel to other States. I feel that the management team means well, yet, they have a tendency to go through Managers as if their hiring process will need to be revisited. They should know that quality management stimulate growth for the entire team. However, the associates are awesome and the compensation package is to be desired.
Pros
Wage progression within 2 years
Cons
management can be shortsighted

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McLane Company. Our community is ready to answer.