McLane Company Employee Reviews

Fast pace work place and good pay.
Selector/Picker (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMarch 22, 2017
Work based off quota. Not a bad place to work as long as you're not afraid of hard work and putting in some long hours. Overall it's a good place to work for.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hours
driver of the month
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Baldwinsville, NYMarch 20, 2017
due to the driver of the month they would have a bbq for all the drivers 24 hours a day. and offer bonus pay for clean trucks and clean trailers. mclane isnt a bad company to work for
Great company all around
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAMarch 19, 2017
One of the best companies I have ever worked for. Provides a pleasant work environment with low stress. Highly enjoyed working here with great pay as well.
Pros
great pay, hours
It was good
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 17, 2017
Good place to work if you want a steady job with good benefits. Hometime depends on the schedule you pick smd seniority. Cam make some good money but your gonna earn every penny. You drive plus you unload the truck makimg deliveries to fast food restaurants.
wonderful work environment
Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXMarch 16, 2017
The people working here care about the clients and making sure they solve all the problems. Everyone helps out you just have to ask for it. People love their job which shows why so many people work here over 40 years.
Pros
amazing people to be around
Cons
hard to move up in company
Complex work environment with many benefits
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILMarch 16, 2017
Working for this company was a blessing. There was always opportunity to challenge yourself. The opportunities offered for advancement are terrific if you choose to put forth the effort. Great company to work for.
No Senior leadership
Transportation Manager (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMarch 14, 2017
No one knew who was running the company
Senior leaders would be home with their families but wanted you at work for 24 hours.
Your job was held over your head and don't think of anything to make work better than you are a trader to the company.
At times can be a fun work place. Seldom feel like drivers are appreciated
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMarch 14, 2017
My first six months at Mclane. It was one the best jobs I ever had. Great pay & they gave you the ability to make more money. The working environment was great. You were made to feel like you were a part of something special. We had drivers making 100,000 a year. After hour transportation manager transferred away. Things went down hill fast. They've been that way until present day. Real management it is needed there. To bring Mclane back to prominence it wil take unselfish management that cares for the little people.
Pros
The guys you work with are great. Customers are some of the best
Cons
Pay could be better. Hours could be better. Working to many weekends.
good people long hours
Selector/Picker (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 13, 2017
Id go in at 10:AM for the warehouse and we didn't get out until all the orders were picked, witch was around 10:P.M. to 2:A.M. in the mourning, always seemed under staffed
Pros
got to take Lunch and breaks when we wanted
Cons
under staffed
Decent place to work they have Foos ball
Warehouse Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sumner, WAMarch 10, 2017
Decent place to work they have Foos ball and they do cook for us once in a while. they have decent paybut management can be overwhelming at times. Coworkers are fun to talk to and be around
Pros
Lunch is made on special occasions. Pays decent
McLane had a great benefit package. Had a great open door policy.
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMarch 9, 2017
I would come in and dispatch loads of the day. I would do a load maintenance to make sure we stay within our delivery window schedules, if I had any
Billing issue I would adjust so when the tags print out for the warehouse it will be a smooth night. I would take inventory of all tractors and trailers to make
Sure they are in line with load balance. I would go over all drivers that had any DOT violations. Go over all driver DOT Logs. Route all new Stores that came in
For the week. Communicate through emails to all departments. Go over P&L for the transportation Department. Make sure my clerks had the work load for the
Day. I went to Leader ship school and learned how to evaluate your staff and management them according to learning styles. Management was planning organizing and
Directing. Work place culture was open door policy. Strictly by the company policy’s. The hardest part of my job was firing a driver or clerk.
The most enjoyable part of my job was saving the company 3.5 million by creating efficient routing.
Pros
Benefits Package
Cons
Worked Long Hours
Production warehouse
Full Case Selector (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYMarch 8, 2017
Like every company this place had its high points and low points. The high point is the potential this place could have. If your a person who loves mandatory overtime all the time and don't have a family or life or really care much about your safety then this is the place for you.
Great work enviroment
Break Pack/ GMP Selector (Former Employee) –  McLane DothanMarch 7, 2017
I enjoyed working for McLane Company. Great benefits and incentives. The work is not difficult. Calls for a lot of teamwork. I work well with others so that never posed as a problem. Pay was well.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
To work weekends after a holiday duriing the week
Its a paycheck
Selector II (Former Employee) –  Contoocook, NHMarch 7, 2017
Good benefits if you can make it the three years here for it to be worth it. Most days the check isn't worth the work. People are genuinely miserable in most departments and the company is a ok with that as long as you show up. Not the type of company to actually care about your well being, just about your production. If I had known, wouldn't have started.
Great company
CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 4, 2017
I learned great customer service. A typical day at McLane, is traveling to and servicing all of the local Wawa's. I have met lots of great people while servicing the stores.
It was too difficult for me.
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 2, 2017
Placing packages onto pallets and wrapping it with plastic from a freezer/fridge was such a difficult experience. I had to leave because I wasn't doing a good job.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Too difficult.
Fun work place
Data Processor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 2, 2017
Good work environment great benefits awesome 401k plan the employees here are friendly and polite and easy to get along with. everyone is like family.
Benefits
Cons
Very fun and productive place to work
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 27, 2017
Company is a wonderful place to get your hands on. Been with the company a couple of years now and hate to see it go. Currently lost our contract for tje warehouse i am currently working at so have to find another. Been a fin and great experience and would love to have retired from mclane
Fast paced and productive with good mid to low level communication and relationships
Packer/Stamper (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Valley, PAFebruary 26, 2017
This was an enjoyable place to work for the most part. At times the management seemed a bit overwhelmed and unqualified but usually had a good team behind them to take up the slack. Getting days off was a challenge even when vacation was earned, attendance policy was a bit strange as well. The company as a whole did do some great things for the staff and for the family of the staff. I left after i had my third child to take care of her. I would re-apply once she has reached the age to attend school full time.
Pros
Good hours, family events, decent pay and other employee perks
Cons
Hard to take PTO, work almost every holiday and some very long days if equipment malfunctioned.
productive fast pace environment
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 23, 2017
company takes very good care of employees with benefits, compensation, and a good work environment. Job security is good as long as you hit the company's rate.
Pros
good people to work with, guranteed hours.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McLane Company. Our community is ready to answer.