McLane Foodservice Employee Reviews in United States

Beware of McLane Hebron KY
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYFebruary 18, 2016
First off this is the absolute worst job I've ever had in my entire life. The Hebron KY is McLanes worst center. You start off in orrentation and they make it seem like it's this wonderful place to work for. They act like you will be making so much money and you will advance. That is a bold face lie. They stick you in the freezer picking starting at 8am some nights I didn't leave until 1am and was fully expected to be back at 8am. If you have a doctors note for any reason and have to miss work at all you will recieve points automatically. Management is awful no one has any idea what is going on. The leads know more than the managers. You will be expected to drive a pallet jack every night. Good luck because half of them don't even work. The maintenance crew is 2 men that do absolutely nothing all day besides gossip. There has been many times where I was injured on equipment due to poor maintenance. McLane Hebron KY has a 80 percent turn over rate. FOR a reason please beware and don't make the same mistake I did in trusting this company. You might see good reviews on McLAne Hebron KY. It's probably management writing them. Not one person i worked with liked being there.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
great
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 19, 2015
My work day was full of laughter and hard work. The people were fun to work with and I enjoyed everyday. I worked very hard at my job.
it a pretty ok work place
Truck driver helper (Current Employee) –  330 greens landingOctober 5, 2015
Wake up at the night hour to get to the truck pretty much on the first couple of weeks you learn how to work the cooler how to unpack the truck and the information needed to get the job done management really doesn't play a big part in my job they pretty much stay in the office all day so if theirs a problem with how thing are in the truck you have to come to them and you a 20 80 chance the problem gonna get solve that pretty much the hardest thing about the job the most enjoyable thing about the job is the experience that you gain
Selector.
Selector (Current Employee) –  Hebron, kyOctober 5, 2015
Terrible hours and management is awful. They dont care about their employees at all.be prepared to work 16-18 hours and be back that morning.
Continued Growth
Distribution Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KYMay 12, 2015
If you have the drive, passion, and determination McLane is a great company to work for. The allow for internal growth within the company.
Fleet Maint.
Fleet Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 7, 2015
We strive to make sure the Transportation department and drivers have enough safe and driver friendly equipment to have a successful day.
Great Pay and Benefits
Human Resources Point Person (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORAugust 13, 2014
McLane offers phenomenal pay and benefits! I have learned a lot about PeopleSoft. I wish I had more guidance/structure from my immediate supervisor.
Pros
401k
Cons
no wifi
Solo driver, limited interaction with fellow drivers.
Yard Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJune 26, 2014
Overall it was a great place to work, money was good for the job performed. Opportunities to advance presented themselves for those who wanted them. Work/home life balance can be challenging when your a driver and can cause issues for spouses who are not understanding of the business and what is required.
Great place to work if you want a physical truck driving job.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAJune 12, 2014
Compensation is very high. Hardest part of the job was unloading a trailer by yourself at night.
Pros
good pay.
Cons
not enough time to eat lunch while working.
great company to work for
Distribution Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 29, 2014
teammates and safety are number one!! tough job, great place to work.
good pay
driver specialist (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORFebruary 11, 2014
It is a expanding business that offers lots of opportunities. My position is extremely demanding, both physically and mentally. You will find your self in all weather conditions, and in a wide variety of places. The average work day is 12 to 14 hours long. One of the worst parts of the job is the sleep hours, and being away from home. The pay and benefits are fair for the job.
Pros
pay
Cons
work hours and being away from home
One of the Best Company Worked For...
Salary Employee (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJanuary 25, 2014
Stable, great management, lower salary than most, but job security and family life....
Enjoyed Working McLane Foodservice
Receptionist/Admin (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJanuary 13, 2014
I enjoyed working McLane Foodservice company. The people were nice to work for and very accepting. My work day was light, however, I made my day useful by organizing front desk, developing a spreadsheet to track truck driver applicants who would call the job hotline from around the country, that were seeking employment at various locations.

The hardest part of the job was staying busy at the front desk, because I like a nice flow of work throughout the day. What I most enjoyed about my job is that I could be creative and learn something new that noone else did before in that position.
Pros
great people to work for.
Cons
the receptionist position was temporarily removed due to funding.
Hr
Support management (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 19, 2013
Handled daily potential new hires from start to finish. Daily time entering
Fast paced office enviroment. Deadlines to meet everyday on inventory orders and outbound loads.
Expediter/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 25, 2013
A typical day started with work that had to be done before a certain time. There is no time to waste. I learned more about supply and demand inventory duties. Management was extremely busy and management expected and trusted that employees would do their jobs without micromanaging. McLane coworkers are well trained at their jobs and are easy to work with and learn from. The jobs were very demanding and it brings out your best. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people and communicating with vendors, customers, other employees from other McLane employees in other states.
Productive, fun, and freezing environment.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2013
On a daily basis I would get my equipment ready for use and get dressed. I would later clock in then head to the meeting room to find out how many trucks we have to load and how long it is supposed to take us. After that we all get to work and try to finish on time to go home. Throughout the day everybody would joke around while working to make the day go by faster so it would not be so quiet and boring.
Pros
good people, safe environment
Cons
time schedule
Work
Fuel/Truck Washer (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAOctober 26, 2013
people and co worker where really great and the work had me busy all day.
This place is no company to work for
Driver (Former Employee) –  Manassas VaOctober 15, 2013
If you live in northern Va and are looking for a job driving, STAY AWAY! You will start on the extra board and your life WILL revolve around this placenta they expect you to work at their discretion and don't even think about about taking a day off because you will be written up! Also if you are hurt on the job expect disciplinary action. If the Dr places you on light duty you will only be paid $15/hr. The transportation manager is a total jerk who doesn't care about his drivers, his only concern is sending product down the road! Just ask any driver about the turn over rate.. I know of 8 drivers who left in the last 2 months! This is McLane in Manassas Va! STAY AWAY for your own good
Pros
none because free lunches aren't aloud
Cons
the list is too long
this was a fun place to work with free lunches once a month
Admin Assistant to The Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 17, 2013
I learned a lot of new things at this job that has helped me at my current job.
safe working environment and productive work place
Administrative Assistance II (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSJune 21, 2013
normal day, very happy co workers with positive attitude. every time, as I go to work, I fell that I am part of the team cause the supervisors are so friendly and they are will to help and correct you when some thing is not right.
Pros
great team work
Cons
long ride to work