McLane Foodservice Employee Reviews

Okay Place to work
Cooler Selector/ Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Moore, OKApril 9, 2017
A typical day at work. Learning the system on the forklift was a challenge but I got through it. Management played a big role in the company seeing them come out the office and help the selectors get done was a plus. There is really no hard part to this job. You pick up a case and you place it on the pallet. I think the people is what I enjoy most about the job
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Not enough money for the job being done
Great Company
Sorter/Loader (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIApril 5, 2017
Schedule for workers could be a bit better. Management all depends on the age of the person. The hardest part is everybody is in a competition, and in my opinion is why so many hunger people leave. Work your bones off or leave is how some people felt. I think people would stay to retirement if it would be a job from M-F and weekends would be additional pay. But the rate it's going, all it is a ring a round. That's why some management don't even look at workers like people. In my opinion, they're are only thinking this guy will last a few months and we will get another sucker.
Pros
Great pay and benefits.
Cons
Schedule, it took one man there 15 years until he finally got weekends off to spend with the family.
fun workplace
Yard spotter (Current Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYApril 5, 2017
this was a fun place to work. everyone was very nice there. sup were very helpful, never have a dull time here. very fast pace. you can move to any dept you want to
Work life
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 28, 2017
Your work day will consume your life you go into work at 11 and don't get off until 11pm. The people that worked there are great and the work even though hard was a great workout.
Killer job
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMarch 27, 2017
They ask for sleep abnea test but they bring the time for maked I work for 20 days straight then shut me off and no Human Resources in warehouses I never can get my medical insurance and is supposed to be starting day 1 the secretary have a lot of work and never help me with that, and you earn every penny you work
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
No home time
Very fun and productive place to work
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 10, 2017
Hard to say goodbye to a great company. Is a place to meet great friend's and great bosses. Overall mclane has great benefits and pay is great. Great place to call my home
Pays the bill buuuuut...
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMarch 2, 2017
Great job to work if your willing to sacrifice your family etc. Great people to work with but advancement is almost rare so if you like nights you should be fine.
people always on stress
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAFebruary 18, 2017
always worried,stress hate to see and hear people complaint.Always on pain(back or muscle)

Most enjoyable time was end of the shift.The best thing of Mclane was learning and getting all the experience i got.
Cons
Production based employment fun atmosphere but management sucks
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCFebruary 10, 2017
I liked working at McLane we worked long hours. I do agree with hard work does pay off, because at the end of the bi-weekly pay period you were compensated for your work.
Pros
Good friendships developed between co-workers
Cons
short breaks for long hour work day poor management
great workplace and benefits
Customer Order Management (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJanuary 18, 2017
All management has open door policy, and have either performed the job you are doing or know how to. Once you learn your job, there is no micromanagement.
Pros
great benefits and workplace
Cons
most jobs require a BA degree
Great money, great home time.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCJanuary 17, 2017
This job has a good balance of work and life. When you first start, you have to complete training. Guys that are really good are on training with another driver for 18$ an hour for a couple weeks. Guys that struggle may be on training for 6 to 8 weeks. Once off training, you go to extra board meaning you work 4 to 5 days a week not knowing where your going. It can be a little difficult, just because your new. Extra board guys tend to make more because of working 5 days a week. After 6 months of work you can bid on a dedicated route. Dedicated routes are 4 days a week route. This is perfect. Once you get good at your route, you can finish these routes in less than 40 hours a week and make over 30$ and hour. Increase in pay after 5 months. Management very organized. Can work extra pretty much whenever you like, but never have to. After 2 years making a 100,000 is completely up to you and easy to accomplish.
Pros
Money, Work 40 to 45 hours. Management doesn't bother you, unless you make them
Cons
Have to be discipline. Cannot be lazy. Loads sometimes have some digging.
Amazing place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORJanuary 16, 2017
My manager WaNeida is the best manager I have ever had. Her managing style is an environment I strive in. The company provides great compensation and benefits. Nothing but great things to say!!
Good pay
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSJanuary 9, 2017
Takes over your life, but you can make good money. Can make over 100k on weekly local routes and very hard work. Prepare to place a 60 foot combination truck in very small places.
Productive & safe place to work
Warehouse Specialist (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 22, 2016
Mclane is a great company & good placento work for. I'm just looking for new opportunities always having an open mind. I'm always going to appreciate Mclane for the experience.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Not a great scedule to work
Overall
Driver (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 14, 2016
Great company, great money, horrible shifts, great benefits late model equipment, very physical work and must be dedicated to making it to work every shift.
Pros
Awesome money, great company management
Cons
Nights and weekends
great place to work
CDL A Delivery Driver/ Helper (Current Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIDecember 13, 2016
I have no complaints about the job its a good place to work . you can make money and learn as you go. Its a little physical but at the same time a very easy job to learn.
Terrible place to work.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  McLane Plymouth miDecember 10, 2016
This once was a wonderful place to work but the management team has ruined every aspect of this job. No respect, no family values, just a horrible place to work. I myself cannot believe I wasted so many years their.
Pros
Vacation
Cons
Everything!!!
The money is great if you don't mind not having a life
Warehouse/Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elkhorn, WIDecember 9, 2016
I spent 3 years as a salaried supervisor working between 80-130 hours per week.. on 2nd shift. I was told that work came first no matter what I had going on or if I had plans. I was on call 24/7 with no recompense. Hourly employees make good money with the copious amount of overtime available.
Great Pay
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 6, 2016
This is a great place to work if your willing to work really hard for your paycheck. The pay is wonderful when working extra board. Dedicated routs get payed pretty good too.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Hard manual labor
Great organziation to work for.
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 18, 2016
Heavy focus on driver and warehouse worker safety. Employees are awarded with gifts and prizes for each safety milestone met. The CEO makes 2 annual visits to each plant providing updates on the organization's performance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McLane Foodservice. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2