McLane Intelligent Solutions Employee Reviews

A great team facing some tough challenges
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXSeptember 6, 2017
The technical team at McLane Intel is second to none. Each member of the team works hard, has a great attitude and supports the team in serving the diverse client base. Some of the difficulties stem from a mixed focus of trying to grow very quickly while also improving operations to support best-in-class margins, all within a very short time period. The result is an environment that often has conflicting and competing priorities with insufficient resources. The risk is that the customers will suffer when balls get dropped.
Pros
Very good benefits. Generally good job security.
Cons
Ownership lacks consistent focus, Unclear performance goals, Lack of clarity relating to career growth and performance.
Outstanding Team
Service Administrator / Help Desk Technician I (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXMay 30, 2014
The team at MIS is spectacular. You will never work with a more giving and caring group of people in your life.

Learning is never a problem with MIS, as there is a wealth of information available from the senior team members.

Management has clear and specific goals for company development and growth.
Pros
Teamwork, Culture
Cons
Advancement, Benefits
Great Culture
Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXMay 28, 2014
McLane Intel is highly value-oriented, and I'm constantly seeing ways that our values benefit both our clients and our culture. We've hired great people who care about doing things right and doing the right things.

I enjoy the people that I work with and rest well at night knowing that I work for a company that is growing the right way... with good people, good clients, and honorable actions.
Pros
People, Values, Open Communication, Leadership, Benefits
What a Great Company and Team!!!
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXMay 20, 2014
I have never worked with such a close knit group of people. Everyone from Executive Leadership down is always willing to lend a helping hand. The level of intelligence is phenomenal and I am very happy to be a part of this Team!
Pros
too many to list!
Cons
None!
Great team and culture
Help Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXMay 16, 2014
I no longer get sick to my stomach on Sunday nights thinking about Monday morning. I enjoy all the people I work with and look forward even to meetings because I know that every meeting we have is useful.
Pros
Culture, Culture, Culture
Cons
Excellent and healthy work environment
Professional Services Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXMay 16, 2014
MIS is a company full of people who love what they do every day and who live out the values of the company on a daily basis. I enjoy the fact that everyone here works with integrity, works hard and makes it a joy to come to work everyday. I am in it for the long haul and am excited to see what the future holds for MIS.
Pros
Extraordinary Culture, Great people to work with, Great team environment
Cons
None come to mind
Great company with awesome co-workers
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXMay 16, 2014
MIS is a great company that really cares about the people that work there. Company values are everything here which includes putting the team and your family first. Everyone's opinion matters and all are willing to listen to ideas from anyone. Even the company president will listen to ideas from anyone in the company. The team is very supportive of one another including new team members. The leadership staff is very open and honest with the direction the company is moving and why with all employees. Overall it's a great place to work with lots of opportunities to grow with the company.
Pros
benefits, friendly work environment, supportive team members, paid certification training/testing
Cons
Temple campus isn't really close to many restaurants.
McLane Intel is the reason I'm in Central Texas!
Chief Operating Officer (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXMay 16, 2014
I can't imagine a better group of people to work with and am not interested in trying to find it anywhere else! We work hard, get a lot done, serve each other and our clients to make lives better and easier, and have fun in the process.

MIS is growing quickly and there's lots of opportunity for growth. Personal growth is taken seriously because it's recognized that it's much better to promote from within than to hire from outside. It's fast-paced and we're never bored... and we laugh... a lot.
Pros
Transparency, no drama, great benefits, great teamwork, meaningful work
Doing it right!
Professional Services Engineer (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXMay 16, 2014
I have never seen a company put so much emphasis on checking themselves. This company is all about doing things the right way. No shortcuts, no taking the easy way out, etc. What this equates to, is treating the customer how they deserve to be treated. We put value in how we behave. (it gets discussed on a weekly basis).

The employees here are some of the brightest and most talented I have ever seen and they WANT to be here. There is a tremendous drive for success and each and everyone here plays an equal part in that success.

The Leadership is the most honest group of management I have ever experienced and hold themselves completely accountable, every day. They also make great effort in giving praise to individuals and promote an atmosphere of team effort at every opportunity. They treat you like a family member, more than an "employee".

This is by far the best job I have ever had.
Pros
Hard work is rewarded, Communication is frequent and honest, A friendly and enjoyable work environment, Great pay and benefits, Room for growth and opportunity as well as personal and professional development
Cons
Do not seem to exist at McLane Intelligent Solutions
Awesome place to work
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXMay 16, 2014
Work days here are generally over before I realize it. I've learned tons since I've started here. Not only professionally but personally. Working with the management team and the technical team is great. I can trust my co-workers and have faith in the management team.
Pros
Accomplishments are acknowledged, Culture, Training opportunities
There are no better companies to work for if you want to be a participant in a high performance team with a great culture!
President (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXMay 16, 2014
Although I am admittedly biased, I did not inherit my job and I did not inherit the organizational culture. I am very team-oriented and believe that smart, principled and focused people can create and sustain the company for which they work. We have done so here. Our employee engagement surveys put us in the top 5% of companies in the US. We believe strongly in promotion from within, giving the deserving every opportunity to advance, providing compensation that rewards both individual and team performance - all within a culture free from gossip, back-biting, politics and dishonesty.
Pros
Culture, clarity of purpose, meaningful work and transparent management
Fabulous place to work!
Intern (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXMay 15, 2014
I enjoyed everyday that I worked for McLane Intelligent Solutions. That company is made up of a great group of people that all believe in the same values.
Pros
Great Benefits and Great People!
Top Notch!
Operations Administrator (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXMay 2, 2014
I started as an intern, and within less than 2 months’ time, was hired on full time! That kind of turnaround for your hard work and dedication is nearly unheard of!

Everyone at MIS is friendly, straight forward, and down to earth. I appreciate the supportive culture of the management team, and their willingness to be involved in the simplest of company issues.

Whether you're just visiting our location, or are here to join the team, you'll quickly appreciate the fact that the folks at MIS have an upbeat and cohesive relationship with all employees, and clients alike.

Overall, I'd say, that this is one of the top companies to work for in the IT field. If you're on the fence about joining the team, try it! Seriously, what is there to lose?
Pros
High level of management support and authentic communication.
Cons
There are no fitness centers on or near campus.
A fun culture with meaningful work and good opportunities for growth
Professional Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXMay 2, 2014
MIS is a growing company that is not afraid of change. The work is usually fast-paced and interesting, and the co-workers are second to none. I can't imagine working anywhere else.
Pros
Awesome teammates, Competitive compensation, and good benefits.
Cons
none to speak of
Amazing company culture, great place to work!
NOC/Internal IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXApril 30, 2014
This is a great place to work. The company culture is unlike anything I've experienced before. We work with integrity, we work hard, we focus on results, we communicate authentically and we really enjoy each others company. We don't do politics, we don't gossip, we don't blame. I'm really excited about where our company is headed and I'm in it for the long-haul!
Pros
Culture, benefits, growth with opportunities for advancement
Cons
None!
Friendly Workplace
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXFebruary 24, 2014
I enjoy coming to work. For the first time in my life I wake up and don't dread coming to work everyday. They find a way to make it fun and keep employee's happy. Spend a lot of time getting to know you and work with you to be part of the team.
Pros
Willingness to train and transfer knowledge, Work in a friendly enivronment with everyone striving to meet the same goals
The Best Company to Work For
Chief Financial Officer (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXFebruary 21, 2014
I can't think of a better place to work. The management team's #1 focus is on the company culture and top-notch service for our clients. When you have happy people and happy customers you have an amazing work environment.

The benefits and compensation are also very competitive, and the door is always open with the management team, even to the President.
Pros
Company Culture, Fun, High Challenge and High Reward
Great Company Culture
Finance Administrator (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXFebruary 20, 2014
I have never seen a company so invested in their culture and making sure everyone was focused on the same things. In my time with the company I've seen very few people leave and almost all of the current employees have been here for several years. Easily the best company I have ever worked for.
Pros
Benefits, growth advancement, and training opportunities
Cons
Haven' found any yet.
Productive, fast past workplace
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Bryan/College Station, TexasJanuary 22, 2014
Very good place to work, we worked as team always ready to help anyone with a project. Enjoyed not only the employee interaction but interacting with our clients.
Pros
Benefits offered, people I worked with
Cons
Communication between 0ffices
Good culture with the right attitude to expand the company.
Advanced Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXJanuary 3, 2014
Good culture with the right attitude to expand the company.