McLane Employee Reviews in United States

good job
Cooler Selector (Former Employee) –  Carneys Point, NJJune 22, 2016
Mclane was a good steady company. I was a cooler selector so it was thirty degrees in there at all times. The employees were .
Great work enviroment and team
Accounting Processes Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJune 15, 2016
Work at MBM/McLane is busy everyday which I enjoy, great family orientated environment. you stay busy. I have learned more with account reconciliations, and more accounts payable in depth. ready to expand my knowledge with another company as well as assist them with growth.
Pros
401k match is excellent
Cons
healthcare, advancement as far as I can go.
Great People around you
Forklift Operator/Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 14, 2016
McLane Food Service is an amazing place to work. You work around great people, and work isn't as hard as people say it is.
Benefits
Cons
Schedule
Decent Pay for the Job
Selector IV (Current Employee) –  Baldwinsville, NYJune 13, 2016
Simple job, very repetitive. Pay and benefits are good for what kind of job it is. Not much opportunity for growth, unless willing to relocate.
mclanes duties
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Carneys Point, NJJune 9, 2016
A typical day at McLane was very productive. we all worked hard, smart, and safe. customer service and customer satisfaction.
Pros
40 plus hours
Cons
worked every weekend
Not a good place to work for
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 7, 2016
I worked for 3 month for the Aurora CO team. I try to give all my best can It's never enough for for my supervisor fustranted because I have 17 years and Warehouse experience... Just be careful when they ask you for experience, make sure you had that experience because they treat you there like it you are (the new guy) employers there are so selfish, and you don't have it training or orientation before you started work.
The management unfortunately they're not have a good communication together, and that's the route of the company.
(Not recommended)
constant work good benefits robot treatment
warehouse specialist (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAMay 29, 2016
I have personally worked at this Mclane. Pay is pretty good and the benefits are great not gonna lie. Upper management is useless and do not care about employees on a day to day basis. You come to work pick your cases and go home(sometimes). You will be treated like a robot not a human being. However there are two decent managers and a good group of guys working there.
Pros
good benefits decent money
Cons
no advancement horrible managers
Disappointed !!!!
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 27, 2016
I was offered a job as a Distribution Center Supervisor and as I was inquiring the schedule and counter offered the salary via email - because of the number of hours I would be dedicating to the company - I was told that "the division president was taken off-guard by the tone of my counter offer and was having second thoughts and instructed the HR manager to rescind the job offer"; even though, I had already received an offer letter, I was highly disappointed due to the fact that the HR manager never shared with me the work schedule or the total number of hours that I would be working.
* It took me by surprise that emails have a tone.
Keeping you busy
Driver (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAMay 19, 2016
All shifts are at night for delivery drivers. Fast paced. Co-Workers are great. Driving trucks in very tight places. Over all great company but just didn't fit my family life style.
Pros
Free Food!
Cons
Having to familiarize yourself with many many different locations
I would not recommend this Job to anyone
Selector (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMay 18, 2016
No communication between employees and management, inconsistent work schedules. Upper management does not listen to the employees.
Pros
good pay good benefits
Cons
terrible work environment, bad work life home life
n/a
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 17, 2016
n/a... I do not want to participate in a review for this company. The job security was a positive attribute within this company.
Long Hours and Low Pay
Manager (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXMay 12, 2016
Expect to put in many, many long hours with compensation not equal to the work demands involved. Not a great place to work most of the time..
Pros
Company stability
Cons
Poor management
pay is not bad
driver (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCMay 8, 2016
I worked for McLane foodservice for almost 19 years. Started with PFS then ameriserve then Walmart then McLane as it is now. I made the same amount 19 years ago. Each center sets up pay for that center. The management team is worried about two things getting trailers off the dock and trying to make their bonus. Safety does take a back seat here. This is a stressful company to work for. Not to mention the customers hate McLane as a whole. It's sad to see a good company like PFS turn into this mess. I think 90% of the company's problems are coming from the management team. If you have a decent paying job and you feel wanted there. Do not go to McLane
Pros
good benefits
Cons
bad management from the president down.
productive, hard worker
Stocker (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 4, 2016
love to work. keep u motivate.they make you want too come to work everyday.its good to be ready to work.they respect you and when u need help theyt are there for you.
decent place
Forklift Operator/Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAMay 2, 2016
it was a good place to work, made so decent money but the work is hard and long and you could make more in my opinion. it is a good starter job
got to meat great people that i served
driver (Former Employee) –  Baldwinsville, NYMay 1, 2016
made a living, lots of benefits, hard work, did what was required, worked for 18 years almost 19 years delieverd products to the customers
Management changes
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXApril 24, 2016
Good company to work for, however in the 11 months I was there I had 3 supervisors. 100% strict on company policy. They say you get up to 3 warnings before you are fired, however me and various other people got fired on our 1st offense.
Pros
free food from time to time
Cons
Strict policys
Great job if you are all work and no play
Control Operator (Former Employee) –  Republic, MOApril 23, 2016
Mclane is a great company and provides a safe(ish) and satisfactory environment. The only problem is management cannot see past teir own wants and needs to understand that an employee has a family and life outside of Mclane.
Pros
Competitive pay and benefits
Cons
Promises. Promises. Promises.
Good company to work for, Trans Shop is a different story
Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Jessup, PAApril 22, 2016
Steer clear of the Trans Shop. It's the self proclaimed black hole of McLane Pa. Supervisor won't have your back. No matter what, don't speak ill about drivers, they're almost immortal. Management doesn't seem to care about major issues in the Trans Shop. Management has their favorites, no matter what you do you'll never get ahead.

Mechanics and yard men are awesome.
Pros
Benefits are good, mechanics are a great bunch of guys.
Cons
Pay, supervisor, a lot of issues are shown the blind eye by management, you have to fend for yourself
Overall good company
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 19, 2016
Overall good, however their warehouse can do a better job loading the trucks, night shift can be tough to get used to for some.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, a Berkshire Hathaway company
Cons
Poorly loaded trucks, waste a lot of time digging for products at stops, you can also get hurt very easy the way the trucks are loaded sometimes, i.e, falling boxes, digging and stretching far for boxes.