McLane

McLane Employee Reviews

Just an overall great company to work for.
CDL Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Hebron, KYMay 21, 2015
Pros: 4 day work week, good pay, being out on your own/dealing with customers.
Cons: Being away from home
Delivered products to YUM brand restaurants and also BW3, Sonic, I Hop. Picked up Back hauls after route. Worked well with management and coworkers and always felt as a team member.
Mclane is a profitable compan yfor a reason
Clerk III (Current Employee), Swedesboro, NJMay 15, 2015
Pros: 2 dollar match to every dollar in there 401 k
Cons: not to much over time if that what you are looking for
They treat there employees with respect .There is always a open door policy at Mclane , be sure to use it, ask questions there is always some one who shall help you. It takes time to learn so do not feel you have to rush. They do reward there employees with getaways ,prizes and cookouts ,its there thanks for saying thank you for being safe,
Job itself is alright, people you work with.. Not alright
Transportation Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 7, 2015
Pros: Alright pay
Cons: Required 30 minute lunch breaks, poor management, lack of teamwork, high turnover rate of upper-management
In the interviews with the HR manager, transportation manager, and 2 directors of operations, they made the position sound exciting and fulfilling. My position as Trans Admin in the office is a JOKE. The drivers get away with murder and can call off last minute several times and not even receive a slap on the wrist. Don't get me wrong though, the drivers are the best part of my job!

The management I work under are imbociles who walk around looking busy. The "OM"s in the office are idiots and shouldn't even be there. The other admin in the office are "minimums" which directy translated means: the least or smallest amount or quantity possible, attainable, or required. Synonyms: lowest level, lower limit, bottom level, rock bottom. As in, they do as little as they can and maintain looking busy. This is the part of the job that is the WORST in my eyes. The work environment is laid back which usually is a good thing anywhere else you work but not at McLane. The office is so unprofessional, everyone talks loudly and curses. Workers spend more time talking to eachother about weddings and babies than they do to customers on the phone about deliveries.
Good work environment
Maintenance Technician II (Current Employee), Carneys Point, NJMay 6, 2015
Good company,Benefits are good easy going company,Job security is good ,Company will be around for a long time easy to transfer to other departments
Alright Company to work for
order puller (Former Employee), Athens, GAApril 30, 2015
Pros: Good Money
Cons: Employee Safety
McLance has some safety problems but over all it is alright. Employees are great for the most part. Safety of the employees could be better and much needed work along with communication among one another
Great overall work environment
Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAApril 27, 2015
Pros: Great benifits, and frequently reward employees with prizes
Cons: long work hours and very strict on errors
McLane is a fast paced environment that pushes you and challenges you to be the best you can, McLane takes great care of it's employees. Management has an open door policy and are very understanding. The environment overall is very positive but is also very demanding.
great
slector/loader (Former Employee), Merced, CAApril 21, 2015
Pros: took care of us
Cons: mnassive layoff
loaded trucks selected orders made daily sheets work logs worked great with my co workers also made the top of the west last years quarter
Long Hours But can Have Great Rewards
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Baldwinsville, NYMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Pay is Much higher than OTR driving & has more hometime. Safety bonuses all the time to include food, gift cards, cash. Yearly safety banquet(includes raffle of gifts for safe drivers)
Cons: Long runs up to 30+ hrs, Must offload freight by handcart most of time, Must pass special Isokinetic test to work here, Always being watched by company officals to make sure your not violating DOT Hours of Service
I work on the extra board first of all!

You report for work as requested, which means at the drop of a hat, alot more than some. Going anywhere in NY including NYC/LI or Pennsylvania. You grab your equipment, paperwork etc & off you go. First stop Yeah! Gather handcart & scanner. Look & stack stop then bring into store. Repeat til finished including cooler & freezer compartment. Get paperwork signed, issue credits, gather totes & off you go to the next stop. A typical load is about 22 stop weighing about 27,000 lbs. avg per stop is 1000-2500 lbs sometimes about 500-700 lbs. all depends on time of year.

Trucks have on-board electronic Logs, DriveCam Camera's(only records during events)
Enjoy being and working with people
Team Leader (Current Employee), Battleboro, NCMarch 25, 2015
Pros: what ever goes for the day, like having fun
Cons: on time, hard worker
I am very outgoing, love being with friends, and family. I love yard work, when it is not to hot. Love being a team leader, and helping the company run smooth. At work on time, really hate taking days off, but we have to sometime for doctors appointments. But other than that I love to have great attendance.
Great Company, good pay
Loader/ Quality Control (Former Employee), Longmont, COFebruary 6, 2015
I enjoyed working with this company and had a fun time while there it was frustrating not being able to move up in the company, due to low management turn over.
Delivered Wawa Products
Driver's Assistant (Former Employee), Carney's Point, N.JFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: new environments everyday
Cons: pay needs to be extended over 15.00
Lots of work, great meeting new people. Benefits weren't great. Pay rate needs to be extended over 15.00 hr. But its a stable job.
Fast paced work environment
Route Merchandiser/ Sales Representative (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: long days
Working in a fully functioning and successful warehouse is never boring, there is always something to do. I learned the total process of how merchandise arrivers in the stores for people to purchase. Everyone knows each other and everyone has the same drive from management all the way down the line, the culture of working in a warehouse is very close, nobody feels like they're the only one working while others stand around, everybody works hard. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching those 18 wheelers roll out knowing you made it possible.
Driving was the easy part. Hard, physical work unloading your truck.
Merced - truck driver (Former Employee), MercedNovember 14, 2014
Pros: money was good, predictable work schedule, even though it sucked.
Cons: physically, it was very, very hard work.
Great pay, but earned every penny of it through sweat and hard work. Drove and delivered with a partner - shifts were typically 20-24 hrs long and did 3 of those each week. I hear the routes have changed a lot recently for the drivers, since now that the company has decided to follow the laws. Almost all shifts were driven in northern California, so a typical day would be, get to yard at 5 pm, drive 2 hours to Bay area then start delivering to 18-24 stops for the next 20 hours. Get home the next day at 2 pm and then sleep. You might have to be back to work at 11 pm that same night. Stops were places like 7-11s, Targets, mom & pop stores, Rite Aid, Walgreen's. Each stop we'd pull the ramp and hand-truck in the totes and product - about 12 times up and down that ramp, then repeat that at least 20 times that night. 30,000 lbs., all moved by hand by two guys with hand-trucks. In all weather. Really sucked when the load wasn't put in to the truck in the correct sequence of the delivery. Many times had to move many stacks of product out of the way for 3-4 stops, because the stuff loaded last at the door was for the 4th delivery. Dispatch was less than helpful - they really didn't care much about us out there. Equipment was pretty well maintained. Got to have customer service skills because you deal with them at each stop. If products are wrong, you are the one that has to fix it. And don't get sick - you can't miss any shifts. You get write ups, even if you have a doctor's note. Three of those and your gone. No flexibility in your work schedule at all - you got to be there or else. Only your two weeks of vacation do you have any free time or a quality life. Sleeping patterns were all whacked for the 9 years I worked there.
safety award dinners golf and picnics for family
Tractor Trailer Truck Driver (Current Employee), Carneys Point, NJOctober 31, 2014
Excellent company to work for that's why I am still there Truly a team orientated organization. I can't say enough positive things about The Mclane co. Typical work 10 to 12 hours and you re on the road.I learned that communication is very important in every aspect of business. and its important to be goal oriented and focus. Co workers great bunch of guys and girls everyone is willing to go out of the way to help you. hardest part of job navigating the roads in adverse weather conditions. Most enjoyable part of job is days end when you get to go home to your love ones, cause after all isn't that what it's really all about
dishonest company to work for
selector (Former Employee), Fredericksburg VirginiaOctober 13, 2014
Pros: work with dishonest people
Cons: the job
You think your getting into a great company but realize in the 1st couple of days that you were lied to or should I say weren't given the truth about requirements. After going through a hair strand drug test, beating what they call a strength test (I refer to it as the death chair) and criminal backround you start your job. They start you with a orientation and then come back that night to begin your job. Thats when the bsll drops! You find out you have a quota to make. Nowhere in the posted job description, interviews or orientation is this mentioned. Now it wouldn't be bad except you are working with people that are dishonest and steal the big tickets making it impossible to make your quota. The best part you have 90 days to make it or your fired. All this I formation would have been nice to have when making my decision to leave my job to come work for mclane. I asked the warehouse manager why they don't tell you about the quota and his response was they were trying to figure out how to include it in the interview. They tell you to come to them with any concerns or problems but I highly suggest not doing that. You will end up with a target on your back. Even the trainer the give you steals tickets and they certainly have there favorites. I said something about the ticket stealing and they terminated me before my 90 days. They don't care what goes on as long as the quota is made. They will defend the Thieves to get their numbers. I would never hsve left my job to go there if I knew there was a quota. Also you never get 40 hours a week. The working conditions are like being in s chicken house. And your treated as if your on s chain gang.
Truck Drivers ORLANDO, FL
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 1, 2014
Pros: time off (however you don't get paid for it)
Cons: job and pay is not what employer represents during the hiring process.
Will promise you the world when you are in the hiring process. Don't believe what they (HR Mgr and Transportation Mgr) tell you regarding pay structure and hours you will work.......COMPLETELY untrue. GET YOUR JOB OFFER IN WRITING or else you will regret your choice to work here. I left once I discovered there were people there for longer than I have that are still not making the money they were originally promised and not working the hours they should be. Disappointed. No ethics. Horrible, expensive benefits. HIGH deductibles to meet and EXPENSIVE payroll deductions. I got them and couldn't afford them based on what little pay I was making so I found a new job quick.
Poor managment and everyone is a number
Diesel Technician 3 (Current Employee), Jessup, PASeptember 21, 2014
Pros: company picnics, saftey lunches and prize give-aways, clean shop
Cons: sabotaged equipment by other techs, work all holidays at normal rate, supervisors had favorites, raises were the same % no matter if you greased a truck or rebuilt a engine, lots of tension and jealousy
Had equipment sabotaged by other techs, locker broken into and nothing done about either. 2 holidays a year, no training, saw 7 techs leave in 3 yrs., and 2 parts people. supervisors had favorites. no performance raises everyone in shop got same percentage raise.
Shop was clean, work was ok.
more cons then pros
fast paced and enjoyable
Forklift Operator/Order Puller (Former Employee), Northfield, MNSeptember 9, 2014
This place you can make good money and move up quickly. Just don't ticked off the management, once you get on their bad side, it's all over from there.
Great over all company
Qc/Loader (Former Employee), Athens GaAugust 25, 2014
Work days could be long. The thing I didn't like is you really didn't know what time your getting off
The worst
Selector 2 (Former Employee), Battleboro, NCAugust 6, 2014
Pros: saftey luncheons, good door prizes
Cons: people above you are unprofessional, unorganized, disrespectful
This is one of the worst companies I've worked for! You don't have a set time to get off. If you have to be there all day to finish your work then you will. You are not guaranteed 40 hours every week, so sometimes you will have a short check. Supervisor and DC Manager think they are god. They feel like they cant talk to you any kind of way. They make up rules as they go along. The pay is ok but you have to work like a slave for it.

1 2 3

About McLane

You might say this company makes it convenient for stores and restaurants to get food. McLane Company is one of the largest wholesale – Read more

McLane Salaries