McLane Employee Reviews in United States

constant work good benefits robot treatment
warehouse specialist (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAMay 29, 2016
I have personally worked at this Mclane. Pay is pretty good and the benefits are great not gonna lie. Upper management is useless and do not care about employees on a day to day basis. You come to work pick your cases and go home(sometimes). You will be treated like a robot not a human being. However there are two decent managers and a good group of guys working there.
Pros
good benefits decent money
Cons
no advancement horrible managers
Not a good place to work for
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 7, 2016
I worked for 3 month for the Aurora CO team. I try to give all my best can It's never enough for for my supervisor fustranted because I have 17 years and Warehouse experience... Just be careful when they ask you for experience, make sure you had that experience because they treat you there like it you are (the new guy) employers there are so selfish, and you don't have it training or orientation before you started work.
The management unfortunately they're not have a good communication together, and that's the route of the company.
(Not recommended)
Disappointed !!!!
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 27, 2016
I was offered a job as a Distribution Center Supervisor and as I was inquiring the schedule and counter offered the salary via email - because of the number of hours I would be dedicating to the company - I was told that "the division president was taken off-guard by the tone of my counter offer and was having second thoughts and instructed the HR manager to rescind the job offer"; even though, I had already received an offer letter, I was highly disappointed due to the fact that the HR manager never shared with me the work schedule or the total number of hours that I would be working.
* It took me by surprise that emails have a tone.
pay is not bad
driver (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCMay 8, 2016
I worked for McLane foodservice for almost 19 years. Started with PFS then ameriserve then Walmart then McLane as it is now. I made the same amount 19 years ago. Each center sets up pay for that center. The management team is worried about two things getting trailers off the dock and trying to make their bonus. Safety does take a back seat here. This is a stressful company to work for. Not to mention the customers hate McLane as a whole. It's sad to see a good company like PFS turn into this mess. I think 90% of the company's problems are coming from the management team. If you have a decent paying job and you feel wanted there. Do not go to McLane
Pros
good benefits
Cons
bad management from the president down.
Good company to work for, Trans Shop is a different story
Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Jessup, PAApril 22, 2016
Steer clear of the Trans Shop. It's the self proclaimed black hole of McLane Pa. Supervisor won't have your back. No matter what, don't speak ill about drivers, they're almost immortal. Management doesn't seem to care about major issues in the Trans Shop. Management has their favorites, no matter what you do you'll never get ahead.

Mechanics and yard men are awesome.
Pros
Benefits are good, mechanics are a great bunch of guys.
Cons
Pay, supervisor, a lot of issues are shown the blind eye by management, you have to fend for yourself
Great work enviroment and team
Accounting Processes Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJune 15, 2016
Work at MBM/McLane is busy everyday which I enjoy, great family orientated environment. you stay busy. I have learned more with account reconciliations, and more accounts payable in depth. ready to expand my knowledge with another company as well as assist them with growth.
Pros
401k match is excellent
Cons
healthcare, advancement as far as I can go.
Overall good company
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 19, 2016
Overall good, however their warehouse can do a better job loading the trucks, night shift can be tough to get used to for some.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, a Berkshire Hathaway company
Cons
Poorly loaded trucks, waste a lot of time digging for products at stops, you can also get hurt very easy the way the trucks are loaded sometimes, i.e, falling boxes, digging and stretching far for boxes.
Hard place to work.
Loader (Former Employee) –  Contoocook, NHMarch 9, 2016
My typical day at work was actually very simple. I would go in and punch in get assigned my first truck then start loading until the job was done for the day. Mclane taught me life as it was the first real job I have had. They are good people and the pace is unbelievable. What I mean by Mclane taught me life is that was where I learned to handle money and things of that nature. They also taught me how to deal with people and what to do and not to do at a place of employment. I am very mature for my age all thanks to Mclane.
Pros
AMAZING BENIFITS!!!!!!
Cons
No lenience on any level.
Beware
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAMarch 13, 2016
Worked here briefly. Big mistake. Things you are promised like pay etc are not what you are given. Management plays favorites and only way to make big money is to stroke egos of senior drivers and hope they pick you to go on big money loads otherwise make minimum amount which isn't above a $1,000 a week. Have no social life. Always on-call and never know from day to day if working, get a call anywhere from 8-10am saying to show up at night for a load. Leave that night and work straight until the next afternoon unloading the trailer with hand truck making 15-20 stops at gas stations or drug stores. Safety takes a back seat. Unless you like working graveyards and almost 20hr shifts, no set schedule and having to unload everything by hand stay away from this place!
Pros
Cons
Management, Pay, unloading
McLane treats its employees well
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COApril 18, 2016
Benefits start on day one. Sign-on bonus. Tuition assistance. Guaranteed minimum pay. Free food when we reach safety benchmarks. Public awards for significant work anniversaries. McLane does its best to keep drivers well equipped, well paid and well rested.
Pros
Very competitive pay within industry
Cons
Truck drivers complain about everything
Need to find a positive work enviroment
Head Diesel Tech (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAMarch 25, 2016
I enjoy going in and finding the problems of the days and finding resolutions quickly and getting it done. My current management does not support that work environment. You want to get up in the morning and look forward to starting your day and know that you have made someones day better and in this profession safer. I take a lot of pride in the work that I do and don't over look the small stuff. Fixing the small stuff before it becomes big probles saves time and money. Just makes more since to to work with that positive environment to build the team as a positive team to get the best work out of each person. The team is only as good as the weakest like work with them to build them into the greatest person that they can become.
Pros
being able to trouble shoot and problem solve
Cons
negative work environment
i like to play pool watch action movies
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2016
I start my day with a spirit of excellence and motivation to give a high spirit of energy to provide a great atmosphere around peers or customers. this spirit shifts the moods and the common focus of not just doing your job but to put out a high satisfaction to our leaders and brings better quality to my work as well as others...
Great job if you are all work and no play
Control Operator (Former Employee) –  Republic, MOApril 23, 2016
Mclane is a great company and provides a safe(ish) and satisfactory environment. The only problem is management cannot see past teir own wants and needs to understand that an employee has a family and life outside of Mclane.
Pros
Competitive pay and benefits
Cons
Promises. Promises. Promises.
Be prepare to this company above anything,but dont expect the same
Loader (Former Employee) –  Poinciana, FL mclane suneastFebruary 23, 2016
This is not a job for a family person,that has kids,and like to spend time with with wife or girlfriend n build memories,cus this company will demand all your time and then some,they will be your pimp and everything else will be second or last,you will lose friends,girl friends will leave you,kids will barely see u,you will put them first n the min you have a problem that will write u up and set you up to get fired,,and management have their favorites and favortism is a big problem,many nights i wanted to quit. Save your health they dont care if you get hurt u better heal quil cause theyll replace you faster then spark plugs in a tune up. Not worth it.if you single n have a good back and you have no family.this could be the job for you til you get hurt.
Pros
Medical benefits.401k
Cons
Bad case of favortism, no life out side of there.yolo
Management changes
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXApril 24, 2016
Good company to work for, however in the 11 months I was there I had 3 supervisors. 100% strict on company policy. They say you get up to 3 warnings before you are fired, however me and various other people got fired on our 1st offense.
Pros
free food from time to time
Cons
Strict policys
Job Security and a good balance between home and work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 10, 2016
Mclane Company offers great benefits, compensation and security to their employees. I have learned how to be a part of a team and stretch myself to become a leader both within and outside of the industry. The hardest part of the job is not having the support to advance into leadership. I am hoping that in time the company will provide more opportunity for teammates to advance professionally. The company provides a camaraderie that is difficult to find in other facilities and for that I am grateful. The most enjoyable part of the job is to find opportunities that challenge me and take the initiative to rise above the challenges.
Pros
Good hours for family, great benefits and compensation
Cons
Few opportunities to advance professionally
Keeping you busy
Driver (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAMay 19, 2016
All shifts are at night for delivery drivers. Fast paced. Co-Workers are great. Driving trucks in very tight places. Over all great company but just didn't fit my family life style.
Pros
Free Food!
Cons
Having to familiarize yourself with many many different locations
I really enjoyed working at McLane Carolina
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Battleboro, NCFebruary 22, 2016
McLane Carolina was a great place to work. My shift of 11-7 was eliminated to reduce the overall amount of money being spent at the company and reduce head count. I loved the job.
Pros
Everything was wonderful
Cons
We got a horrible CEO who didn't know much about work place ethics
mclance co in kissimmee
Selector 2 (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLFebruary 15, 2016
i'm a selector 2.
started off at 11.50 an hr and now at 14.25 an hr.
they allow little to NO over time in my department other departments have 10 to 15 hrs a week of over time.
the pay isnt bad for what your doing its just very heavy at times.
Pros
pay, breaks, paid vacation, paid sick days, 401k
Cons
long hours, heavy
Terrible company to work for benefits and compensation are good though
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Baldwinsville, NYMarch 1, 2016
Be careful when applying to this job if ever given the interview make sure you call them multiple times because they screw up and give false information.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Poor management and human resources