McLane Employee Reviews in United States

decent place
Forklift Operator/Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAMay 2, 2016
it was a good place to work, made so decent money but the work is hard and long and you could make more in my opinion. it is a good starter job
got to meat great people that i served
driver (Former Employee) –  Baldwinsville, NYMay 1, 2016
made a living, lots of benefits, hard work, did what was required, worked for 18 years almost 19 years delieverd products to the customers
Management changes
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXApril 24, 2016
Good company to work for, however in the 11 months I was there I had 3 supervisors. 100% strict on company policy. They say you get up to 3 warnings before you are fired, however me and various other people got fired on our 1st offense.
Pros
free food from time to time
Cons
Strict policys
Great job if you are all work and no play
Control Operator (Former Employee) –  Republic, MOApril 23, 2016
Mclane is a great company and provides a safe(ish) and satisfactory environment. The only problem is management cannot see past teir own wants and needs to understand that an employee has a family and life outside of Mclane.
Pros
Competitive pay and benefits
Cons
Promises. Promises. Promises.
Good company to work for, Trans Shop is a different story
Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Jessup, PAApril 22, 2016
Steer clear of the Trans Shop. It's the self proclaimed black hole of McLane Pa. Supervisor won't have your back. No matter what, don't speak ill about drivers, they're almost immortal. Management doesn't seem to care about major issues in the Trans Shop. Management has their favorites, no matter what you do you'll never get ahead.

Mechanics and yard men are awesome.
Pros
Benefits are good, mechanics are a great bunch of guys.
Cons
Pay, supervisor, a lot of issues are shown the blind eye by management, you have to fend for yourself
Overall good company
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 19, 2016
Overall good, however their warehouse can do a better job loading the trucks, night shift can be tough to get used to for some.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, a Berkshire Hathaway company
Cons
Poorly loaded trucks, waste a lot of time digging for products at stops, you can also get hurt very easy the way the trucks are loaded sometimes, i.e, falling boxes, digging and stretching far for boxes.
McLane treats its employees well
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COApril 18, 2016
Benefits start on day one. Sign-on bonus. Tuition assistance. Guaranteed minimum pay. Free food when we reach safety benchmarks. Public awards for significant work anniversaries. McLane does its best to keep drivers well equipped, well paid and well rested.
Pros
Very competitive pay within industry
Cons
Truck drivers complain about everything
i like to play pool watch action movies
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2016
I start my day with a spirit of excellence and motivation to give a high spirit of energy to provide a great atmosphere around peers or customers. this spirit shifts the moods and the common focus of not just doing your job but to put out a high satisfaction to our leaders and brings better quality to my work as well as others...
Good pay and benefits
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KY 40356April 9, 2016
Overall not a bad place to work. Really good pay and benefits. You put in long work days. Gone from home at least 28 hours at a time.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Gone from home at least 28 hours at a time.
Fast Pace job
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2016
need to be able to move quick
long shifts
good pay
must be able to lift heavy items
co-workers are very good to get along with
Cons
weird point reduction systems
Decent Pay Rate
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Danville, ILMarch 30, 2016
Operate forklift, work in K-Cups (Keurig)
Learn time management skills and computer based programs
Managers are friendly and helpful
Co-Workers are easy to work with and get along with
Need to find a positive work enviroment
Head Diesel Tech (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAMarch 25, 2016
I enjoy going in and finding the problems of the days and finding resolutions quickly and getting it done. My current management does not support that work environment. You want to get up in the morning and look forward to starting your day and know that you have made someones day better and in this profession safer. I take a lot of pride in the work that I do and don't over look the small stuff. Fixing the small stuff before it becomes big probles saves time and money. Just makes more since to to work with that positive environment to build the team as a positive team to get the best work out of each person. The team is only as good as the weakest like work with them to build them into the greatest person that they can become.
Pros
being able to trouble shoot and problem solve
Cons
negative work environment
Beware
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAMarch 13, 2016
Worked here briefly. Big mistake. Things you are promised like pay etc are not what you are given. Management plays favorites and only way to make big money is to stroke egos of senior drivers and hope they pick you to go on big money loads otherwise make minimum amount which isn't above a $1,000 a week. Have no social life. Always on-call and never know from day to day if working, get a call anywhere from 8-10am saying to show up at night for a load. Leave that night and work straight until the next afternoon unloading the trailer with hand truck making 15-20 stops at gas stations or drug stores. Safety takes a back seat. Unless you like working graveyards and almost 20hr shifts, no set schedule and having to unload everything by hand stay away from this place!
Pros
Cons
Management, Pay, unloading
Hard place to work.
Loader (Former Employee) –  Contoocook, NHMarch 9, 2016
My typical day at work was actually very simple. I would go in and punch in get assigned my first truck then start loading until the job was done for the day. Mclane taught me life as it was the first real job I have had. They are good people and the pace is unbelievable. What I mean by Mclane taught me life is that was where I learned to handle money and things of that nature. They also taught me how to deal with people and what to do and not to do at a place of employment. I am very mature for my age all thanks to Mclane.
Pros
AMAZING BENIFITS!!!!!!
Cons
No lenience on any level.
bad place to really get to know
Driver (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GAMarch 8, 2016
When u start at this place it seems good but once u in side its a place u wonder on how or what u gonna do the next 30 minutes it always a change at the real last minute.
Pros
nothing it seems to me
Cons
always got u on the not wanting to show up inside something extra always
An Ok place to work
Selector (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMarch 6, 2016
its an okay place to work some supervisors really dont listen to their workers typical day is stretch and flex go over numbers then select
Pros
cookouts
Cons
bathroom pipes back up 3 to 4 times a week
Terrible company to work for benefits and compensation are good though
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Baldwinsville, NYMarch 1, 2016
Be careful when applying to this job if ever given the interview make sure you call them multiple times because they screw up and give false information.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Poor management and human resources
Be prepare to this company above anything,but dont expect the same
Loader (Former Employee) –  Poinciana, FL mclane suneastFebruary 23, 2016
This is not a job for a family person,that has kids,and like to spend time with with wife or girlfriend n build memories,cus this company will demand all your time and then some,they will be your pimp and everything else will be second or last,you will lose friends,girl friends will leave you,kids will barely see u,you will put them first n the min you have a problem that will write u up and set you up to get fired,,and management have their favorites and favortism is a big problem,many nights i wanted to quit. Save your health they dont care if you get hurt u better heal quil cause theyll replace you faster then spark plugs in a tune up. Not worth it.if you single n have a good back and you have no family.this could be the job for you til you get hurt.
Pros
Medical benefits.401k
Cons
Bad case of favortism, no life out side of there.yolo
Good benefits
Selector (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXFebruary 23, 2016
Great 401k and benefits package... Good pay and lots of opportunities to move up. Loved the job and coworkers. I would recommend this job to anyone looking to make good money.
very well set place to work never had a problem with disrespect
dedicated management group (dmg) (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILFebruary 23, 2016
while working here i can say it was a very good experiece with my fellow staff never felt disrespected or confused about anything