McLane Employee Reviews in United States

Be prepare to this company above anything,but dont expect the same
Loader (Former Employee) –  Poinciana, FL mclane suneastFebruary 23, 2016
This is not a job for a family person,that has kids,and like to spend time with with wife or girlfriend n build memories,cus this company will demand all your time and then some,they will be your pimp and everything else will be second or last,you will lose friends,girl friends will leave you,kids will barely see u,you will put them first n the min you have a problem that will write u up and set you up to get fired,,and management have their favorites and favortism is a big problem,many nights i wanted to quit. Save your health they dont care if you get hurt u better heal quil cause theyll replace you faster then spark plugs in a tune up. Not worth it.if you single n have a good back and you have no family.this could be the job for you til you get hurt.
Pros
Medical benefits.401k
Cons
Bad case of favortism, no life out side of there.yolo
Job Security and a good balance between home and work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 10, 2016
Mclane Company offers great benefits, compensation and security to their employees. I have learned how to be a part of a team and stretch myself to become a leader both within and outside of the industry. The hardest part of the job is not having the support to advance into leadership. I am hoping that in time the company will provide more opportunity for teammates to advance professionally. The company provides a camaraderie that is difficult to find in other facilities and for that I am grateful. The most enjoyable part of the job is to find opportunities that challenge me and take the initiative to rise above the challenges.
Pros
Good hours for family, great benefits and compensation
Cons
Few opportunities to advance professionally
Hard place to work.
Loader (Former Employee) –  Contoocook, NHMarch 9, 2016
My typical day at work was actually very simple. I would go in and punch in get assigned my first truck then start loading until the job was done for the day. Mclane taught me life as it was the first real job I have had. They are good people and the pace is unbelievable. What I mean by Mclane taught me life is that was where I learned to handle money and things of that nature. They also taught me how to deal with people and what to do and not to do at a place of employment. I am very mature for my age all thanks to Mclane.
Pros
AMAZING BENIFITS!!!!!!
Cons
No lenience on any level.
They dont care about drivers anymore
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXNovember 10, 2015
If you have a high turnover of drivers & they are paying so much money for sign on bonus that tells you a lot they can't keep Drivers anymore if you want to be spied on they have cameras in the trucks facing you as you drive they say they only come on only when you have a sudden stop or swerve but they're not truthful they can watch you in real time they want to treat you like a new driver.
I was there for 10 years place is gone down down down hill since then money is good but not good enough to overcome the BS
Pros
Salary
Cons
Management spying on you treating you like trash
mclance co in kissimmee
Selector 2 (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLFebruary 15, 2016
i'm a selector 2.
started off at 11.50 an hr and now at 14.25 an hr.
they allow little to NO over time in my department other departments have 10 to 15 hrs a week of over time.
the pay isnt bad for what your doing its just very heavy at times.
Pros
pay, breaks, paid vacation, paid sick days, 401k
Cons
long hours, heavy
Terrible company to work for benefits and compensation are good though
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Baldwinsville, NYMarch 1, 2016
Be careful when applying to this job if ever given the interview make sure you call them multiple times because they screw up and give false information.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Poor management and human resources
People are nice and enjoyable to work with.
Teammate (Current Employee) –  Forest Park, GAJanuary 6, 2016
HR Dept and Employee Benefits are really the best thing about the
job. Managers are doing too many things at once and they are usually to busy to check on what the people on doing on the floor.
Pros
Human Resources and Benefits are great.
Cons
Never get off when you are supposed. Management not open to new ideas.
Great Money..... Stay on your toes though
Route Driver/ Trainer (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXAugust 28, 2015
Great company as far as pay and benefits. I have yet to have better at any other job. Depending on position the work is very physically demanding and tiring. No sense of togetherness at any level. Fellow employees seem to only be there for themselves. Management is very bad at fixing problems. They'll always say " I'll look into that", and nothing is done further. If you are only worried about great pay and benefits then this is for you. But if you want to be rewarded otherwise and recognized or advance to certain areas or out of them, then this is for sure not what you want.
Pros
Great Pay and benefits
Cons
Poor management, no home life, slow advancement in some areas
Fast pace environment. Good pay and benefits.
Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLNovember 16, 2015
I have been there almost 10 years. Good company with good benefits. I have learned distribution center operations, and clerical activities in my actual position. Management works well but not perfect how it should be.
Pros
Very good benefits and salary.
Cons
Sometimes long hours at work.
fair employmnt
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZFebruary 20, 2016
Liked mostly all aspects of mclanes. the pay was substantial and management through cookouts and gave prizes out for a while. 401k was great.
Pros
substantial pay and benefits
Cons
No room to grow

Want to know more about McLane?

Ask a question
unfair employment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIFebruary 15, 2016
The job was fun yet demanding. Work conditions were unsafe,and expectations were unreasonable. Management was untrained and unreliable.
Pros
benefits and wage
Cons
unfair work expectations
Less Stressed Now
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 28, 2015
The company has some great things about it and some negative things about it. The management was a challenge to work with it was like the blind leading the blind. The replacement of management was even worse. The pay/ raise's are horrible .
Pros
They provided food all of the time. Free coffee
Cons
The pay is an outrage for the amount of work that is required.
Mclane Co.
QC/Loader (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CASeptember 19, 2015
Learned to keep everything to yourself. Management was not always understandable but if talked to on a certain time, they will sit and listen to your current situation. Worked with great people never had a problem with co-workers. Hardest part of the job is less time off than usual. Most enjoyable, working around a great environment great benefits good people just confusing management.
Pros
Free lunches, Great benefits, great workers.
Cons
Management, CA sick minimized to 3 a year, and communcation.
Good pay and excellent benefits.
Selector/Forklift Operator/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Baldwinsville, NYDecember 29, 2015
McLane was not an easy job. It entailed long and inconvenient hours, as well as very physical tasks. In exchange, you will receive a competitive, livable wage and above-average benefits.
Good benefits
Selector (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXFebruary 23, 2016
Great 401k and benefits package... Good pay and lots of opportunities to move up. Loved the job and coworkers. I would recommend this job to anyone looking to make good money.
Fast pace work environment with supportive management
QC/Loader (Former Employee) –  Brookhaven, MSSeptember 10, 2015
Fast pace work environment with the ability to work under minimum supervision. Main focus of the day is to work safe so you can return home safe. Growing company and has competitive benefits and compensation for the area. Management gives you the opportunity to grow within the company based on your work, attendance, and determination.
Pros
Ability to work under minimum supervision
Cons
Short lunch break
hard work, great pay
Truck Driver Class A/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJanuary 25, 2016
Drive 48' tractor/trailers to convenience stores and fast food chains throughout California and Nevada. Drive as a team. Heavy physical work with good pay and benefits.
Great pay and benefits.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  RiversideDecember 30, 2015
Great pay and benefits. Had scheduled days off for the holidays and they continued to ask me to work and forced me to abandon my family event on my days off.
Pros
Lots of work.
Cons
Must work on your scheduled days off.
productive
Selector, Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXNovember 22, 2015
Mclane company was a fast pace company,We worked on a quota.My typical work day was 10 to 11 hours.Pleasant place to work
Pros
job security, Great benefits
Cons
Long days, In a very hot warehouse
Once was a great place too work,nobody ever left.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXOctober 16, 2015
They watch you on camera i feal time even when the camera when the camers isnt suppose to be on...
Trans management is Horrible they lie to &about their
Employees. ....
I was a loyal employee for 10 years they dropped me
Like a rock, no warnings
Moneys can be ok at times
Benefits