McLane

McLane Employee Reviews

team work
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Contoocook, NHFebruary 1, 2016
I was not pleased to find that in order for the senior drivers at this company to make the wages they do the new hires were left with scraps and an earning potential that is way below industry norm.
great
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Penns Grove, NJJanuary 27, 2016
cool job, fun, and everyone gets along. they host car shows and christmas parties for their employees to show that they care. the compamy has plenty of room for advancement as they post new jobs all the time
Good Money
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILJanuary 23, 2016
A typical day would result in a co worker getting a gun put to their head. Couldn't work looking over my shoulder anymore. My family is more important.
Pros
Good money
Warehouse line worker
Line Worker for Candy repack (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILJanuary 12, 2016
had to be a quick learner and be able to lift over 50 pound also had to complete orders in certain amount of times. Hard work and fast past work.
Job Security and a good balance between home and work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 10, 2016
Mclane Company offers great benefits, compensation and security to their employees. I have learned how to be a part of a team and stretch myself to become a leader both within and outside of the industry. The hardest part of the job is not having the support to advance into leadership. I am hoping that in time the company will provide more opportunity for teammates to advance professionally. The company provides a camaraderie that is difficult to find in other facilities and for that I am grateful. The most enjoyable part of the job is to find opportunities that challenge me and take the initiative to rise above the challenges.
Pros
Good hours for family, great benefits and compensation
Cons
Few opportunities to advance professionally
People are nice and enjoyable to work with.
Teammate (Current Employee) –  Forest Park, GAJanuary 6, 2016
HR Dept and Employee Benefits are really the best thing about the
job. Managers are doing too many things at once and they are usually to busy to check on what the people on doing on the floor.
Pros
Human Resources and Benefits are great.
Cons
Never get off when you are supposed. Management not open to new ideas.
Great pay and Benefits. Home time was good. usually worked a four day week.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 25, 2015
McLane is a strong company to work for. Outstanding Pay and good benefits. Overtime was available and usually only worked a 4-day week
Not a good job
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNNovember 17, 2015
This was a good job until they started raising the production rate and guys were taking big orders and leaving the bad ones for everyone else and the boss didn't do anything
Pros
fast paced
Cons
scammers
Once was a great place too work,nobody ever left.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXOctober 16, 2015
They watch you on camera i feal time even when the camera when the camers isnt suppose to be on...
Trans management is Horrible they lie to &about their
Employees. ....
I was a loyal employee for 10 years they dropped me
Like a rock, no warnings
Moneys can be ok at times
Benefits
Most Enjoyable
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  BaldwinsvilleOctober 15, 2015
Enjoyed who I worked with at McLane, I Felt like we were all a big family, everyone got alone, made working there enjoyable

Want to know more about McLane?

Ask a question
Working at McLane
Selector (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHOctober 3, 2015
Working for McLane has been a very great experience. It was a job that provided stability as well as opportunity to always learn new things within the warehouse. A normal day conisists of doing the same thing over and over, which is the hardest part of the job. It's mundane, selecting product and putting it in totes and sending it down the line. But the best part is the people I work with, and having the support of my teammates and supervisor.
people place
Transportation Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLOctober 3, 2015
To work here you have to be a people person. You are dealing with all kinds of different people. People who do their own hair to new students, and owners of salons.
Great Place to Work
FULL CASE SELECTOR (Former Employee) –  Battleboro, NCAugust 18, 2015
McLane, through McLane Grocery, McLane Foodservice and recent foodservice acquisition, Meadowbrook Meat Company, Inc., (MBM), operates 80 distribution centers and one of the nation’s largest private fleets. The company buys, sells and delivers more than 50,000 different consumer products to nearly 90,000 locations across the U.S. In addition, McLane provides alcoholic beverage distribution via McLane Beverage Distribution, Inc., and its acquisitions of Empire Distributors, Inc., Horizon Wine & Spirits and Delta.
You will do 90% physical work
Driver specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasAugust 18, 2015
A typical day at the food service division, after training period u start off as an on call driver (u'll find out why real quick) IF ur pulling a local rt u'll have about 8-12 stops 1300+ cs a day (freezer, refrigerated, & dry products) ((Everyday)) out of town rts is about the same on stops & cs, but u spend a night where ever u lay over, management is not there during start times (12 am - 3 am) only when u get back, so any issues (truck, dollly, paper work l, etc..) u have to ask the dispatcher to help u out that can make ur day harder or not right there. only time I worked with a co worker was when I was in training, the hardest part of the job in my view was a lot of things 1. being on call and not knowing where you where going until u showed up for work - looking for accts in the middle of the night is not as easy especially when it rained. The metal ramp becomes a real safety hazzard with the rubber tires on the dollys and ur shoes sucked a lot! 3. You have to load the frozen products in the restaurant's freezers. 4. The heavy volume that is put on to u daily. The most I liked about there was the pay.
Pros
Pay check
Cons
Daily work load one 1 driver, no help
Great company
Counter Clerk (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXAugust 6, 2015
The management could be better but overall good company. They have great benifits 401k. There are several positions so you can move up.
good job
Checker/Loader (Current Employee) –  Temple,TxAugust 5, 2015
easy job, very physical, hardest part is loading a lot of products in the trucks by yourself. the best part is you are always moving and doing something.
Pros
Cons
good pay
Productive and fun work environment with a great team to work with
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYJuly 9, 2015
We'd stretch, go over the days needs and then have assignments that we would have to pick up from the table. Depending on the assignment we would either have to count a specific item, look for missing product, or fix a pallet that had been knocked over up in the racks.
Pros
free lunch, give-a-ways
Cons
Requesting time off was hard
Lots of hours
Checker/Loader IV (Former Employee) –  Republic, MOJuly 7, 2015
When I was employed here it was forced overtime of nearly 90 hours a week. Generally there was tech problems that made getting any amount of work done nearly impossible.
Difficult to Advance, Paying Routes Few and Far Between
Driver (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNJuly 3, 2015
No big secret here, but I was really not impressed. I worked at the location in Northfield, MN. The management was extremely rude, the routes for new hires (less than 8 years, at least), and people who are low on 'the list,' are extremely rough... I had to call in every morning at 0330, to see if they needed me to go out or not, until I was picked up for a route. When I did get a 'bid,' I was delivering to downtown Minneapolis gas stations with a sleeper cab, and a 48ft trailer, one day a week. Extremely unsafe, and I wasn't making nearly enough for the difficulty of the route. They focus on 'safety,' but darn near require working off the clock, and have very unrealistic timelines. I finally had enough, when they told me that I had to work Christmas and New Years, both my days off, and on other peoples' routes. In addition, you have to earn the 'right,' to your retirement account. Not quite sure that is worth the hassle either. I chose to quit on New Years day, finished my degrees, and I am currently a Safety Professional. Highly recommend staying clear, unless you are desperate for short term work.
Pros
Always Have Work Around the Holidays
Cons
Poor Leadership, Poor Safety, Lack of Paying Routes
great place to work
Selector (Former Employee) –  Jessup, PAJune 17, 2015
worked here for an two months great supervisors who taught and showed you everything fast paced environment all the employees were wonderful like an second family