McLane Employee Reviews in United States

Hard work long days
Packer - Make (Current Employee) –  Gold Rock, NCJuly 19, 2016
I would not encourage anyone to work for this company if you are already employed and think that you are going to a better job. Since I've been employed at Mclane I have seen most of the long term employees being fired. Employees that have been with the company for 19 years. There is absolutely no job security. However, if you are unemployed this company is a great place to get hired quickly because of the huge turnover. You can safely say that you will be employed at least 6 months for sure.
Pros
great pay and great 401k
Cons
lots of write ups even when you are trying your best
Old School mentality. No training
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 19, 2016
I put in close 5 years with this company. The hours are ridiculous. The lack of support from management is mind boggling. They have a "figure it out on your own" mentality. They pick and choose which policies apply to which people and once you have been singled out, there isn't much you can do to restore their faith in you. I have seen people loose their jobs for an infraction that other people didn't lose their jobs over. Management is a joke and everyone is out for themselves.
Pros
Pay is decent, not great, but decent
Cons
Supervisors, managers and HR
very high, loved my job
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  932 Maple St Contoocook NH 03229July 18, 2016
I worked for Mclane Co for 15 years and enjoy every minute of it. Mclane's taught me how to have fun on the job and they were right. I left Mclane reluctantly to come to NC.
Pros
Great people to work for
Cons
Had to work holidays
Its all about who you know, not what you know or can do!
Wearhouse worker, Yardman, Delivery Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 17, 2016
The company itself has a good motto and will even have you buying into it. Now a lot of the management here want you to do as the say not as they do. There is an extreme amount of favoritism here, and most of the manager cannot do your job or even truly explain it to you. Your opinions do not matter and if you fall out of line you will get the axe and blacked listed. Once was a great company but has slowly gone from taking care of it's own and promoting from within to believing that everyone is replaceable and only college graduates can manage even if their degree has nothing to do with the job at hand or have ever done the work before.
Pros
Benifits, 4days on 3off, ok money
Cons
Expect you to do the work of 3 people, managers done care, don't provide a safe working standards, not everyone employee is treated fairly, broken or unsafe equipment, make you feel more like a number.
Great
Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 14, 2016
Friendly staff, great environment and flexibility with much overtime, if wanted and my manager is great with flexibility and understanding
when it comes to family and time off for personal reasons. Can be a little stressful at times, but if you have great team members it helps to get your job done and complete required tasks.
great place to work at
Santation (Current Employee) –  Carneys Point, NJJuly 11, 2016
I worked 4:30 am- 1:00 pm great hours and good people to work with.clean environment, awesome team work, its a good place to work
Pros
awsome group of co-workers to work with
Cons
health care is not all that great
Great place to meet gain experience!
Maintenance Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carneys Point, NJJuly 10, 2016
McLane is a great company. I have been with the company for 10 years. I can currently looking to change jobs due to ability to move up in the company is not available. My co-workers are great, I have learned a lot working for this company.
Pros
401K, benefits
High energy place to work
Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAJuly 9, 2016
Mclane is a great company to work for but the work isn't easy. If you have a good work ethic and the drive to be the best teammate, this is the company for you. The benefits are on par with the best in the country.
busy and works to many hours.
stocker (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 7, 2016
very early in the morning and co workers were fun management terrible. expect you not to leave for emergency like picking kids up for school. Management isn't good they don't communicate with there employees. Unjustified discipline for termination from management. Racism for supervisors and no disciplinary action was determined.
Pros
freed lunches
Cons
short breaks and favoritism
work moral very low
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Danville, ILJuly 1, 2016
you never know if you'll have to go to another dept to get your 8 hours or you have to work 12 to 14 hours.
My Co-workers is what is the most enjoyable. Hardest is accepting to work under stressful terms.
Pros
401K, benefits.
Cons
very long days
good job
Cooler Selector (Former Employee) –  Carneys Point, NJJune 22, 2016
Mclane was a good steady company. I was a cooler selector so it was thirty degrees in there at all times. The employees were .
Great work enviroment and team
Accounting Processes Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJune 15, 2016
Work at MBM/McLane is busy everyday which I enjoy, great family orientated environment. you stay busy. I have learned more with account reconciliations, and more accounts payable in depth. ready to expand my knowledge with another company as well as assist them with growth.
Pros
401k match is excellent
Cons
healthcare, advancement as far as I can go.
Great People around you
Forklift Operator/Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 14, 2016
McLane Food Service is an amazing place to work. You work around great people, and work isn't as hard as people say it is.
Benefits
Cons
Schedule
Decent Pay for the Job
Selector IV (Current Employee) –  Baldwinsville, NYJune 13, 2016
Simple job, very repetitive. Pay and benefits are good for what kind of job it is. Not much opportunity for growth, unless willing to relocate.
mclanes duties
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Carneys Point, NJJune 9, 2016
A typical day at McLane was very productive. we all worked hard, smart, and safe. customer service and customer satisfaction.
Pros
40 plus hours
Cons
worked every weekend
Not a good place to work for
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 7, 2016
I worked for 3 month for the Aurora CO team. I try to give all my best can It's never enough for for my supervisor fustranted because I have 17 years and Warehouse experience... Just be careful when they ask you for experience, make sure you had that experience because they treat you there like it you are (the new guy) employers there are so selfish, and you don't have it training or orientation before you started work.
The management unfortunately they're not have a good communication together, and that's the route of the company.
(Not recommended)
constant work good benefits robot treatment
warehouse specialist (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAMay 29, 2016
I have personally worked at this Mclane. Pay is pretty good and the benefits are great not gonna lie. Upper management is useless and do not care about employees on a day to day basis. You come to work pick your cases and go home(sometimes). You will be treated like a robot not a human being. However there are two decent managers and a good group of guys working there.
Pros
good benefits decent money
Cons
no advancement horrible managers
Disappointed !!!!
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 27, 2016
I was offered a job as a Distribution Center Supervisor and as I was inquiring the schedule and counter offered the salary via email - because of the number of hours I would be dedicating to the company - I was told that "the division president was taken off-guard by the tone of my counter offer and was having second thoughts and instructed the HR manager to rescind the job offer"; even though, I had already received an offer letter, I was highly disappointed due to the fact that the HR manager never shared with me the work schedule or the total number of hours that I would be working.
* It took me by surprise that emails have a tone.
Keeping you busy
Driver (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAMay 19, 2016
All shifts are at night for delivery drivers. Fast paced. Co-Workers are great. Driving trucks in very tight places. Over all great company but just didn't fit my family life style.
Pros
Free Food!
Cons
Having to familiarize yourself with many many different locations
I would not recommend this Job to anyone
Selector (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMay 18, 2016
No communication between employees and management, inconsistent work schedules. Upper management does not listen to the employees.
Pros
good pay good benefits
Cons
terrible work environment, bad work life home life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McLane. Our community is ready to answer.