McLaren Bay Region Employee Reviews

Hard work, great co-workers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIAugust 13, 2017
Everyone worked hard, but it was at times fun, we all worked together as a team, helped one another. You learned new things every day. We shouldered the the good and bad together.
great people to work with
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIAugust 9, 2017
I loved working at Bay Med, til they fired me for something i didn't do. Then I hated the company. They dragged my name/license throught the mud, and i'm having a hard time finding finding a job..
Employees take care of their patients
Patient Access (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MIAugust 4, 2017
I feel it is a nice place to work. The staff really go out of their way to help when patients come in. They will get wheelchairs and anything else they may need.
Typical hospital environment, always about the bottom line.
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MIJuly 22, 2017
With the saturation of health care workers seeking employment, they only hire per diem or part time employees with no chance of advancement. They outright tell you in a communication from the CEO that if you do not give your all to Mclaren every day regardless of how you are treated that you should look for work somewhere else.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Upper management
Nice manager and coworkers. Exercise room provided. Gave 150.00 towards gym membership fee
Patients acct representative (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIJuly 17, 2017
Worked 28 yrs hospital billing. Great manager Each person responsible for billing and follow up. Have our own parts of alphabet. I a person was behind we would pitch in and help. Worked as a team. Keep updated on rules and regulations. Shared pertinent information that pertained to job
Pros
1/2 hr for lunch
Cons
2 -15 min breaks. Did not have to lift anything heavy
Job was challenging.
Pharmacy/Long term care Courier (Former Employee) –  Essexville, MIJune 21, 2017
Occasionally required to work long hours due to inclimate weather, as far away from Bay City to grand Rapids. Pay was good, but vehicles were not kept tip top. tires etc, worn and high mileage vehicles. bigger expectations, always backing up techs while counting checking.meds. (prescriptions)
Pros
Good Pay, fellow couriers worked well together
Cons
poor conditions of vehicles driven through the night up to 10 hrs
Understaffed
Critical Care Unit Staff Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MIJune 13, 2017
Critical Care areas required to take admissions regardless of staffing. Good teamwork among nursing and floor staff. Poor communication from management. Too many mandatory education/meetings.
Pros
Best pay in area
not a real pleasant place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIApril 18, 2017
There are some really good manager and some that are out there just looking for staff to make mistakes. One particular lost over 80% of her staff and she is currently still employed there.
Pros
New CEO
Cons
no breaks, short staffed
Uneasy Atmosphere
Full Time Student (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MIApril 1, 2017
Great pay, not a good work environment. Accepted the position because of pay and benefits. However, employees are rude and not very helpful. Patient care is not priority here.
Volunteered in Surgical Out Patient department which was very rewarding.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIMarch 7, 2017
Volunteered two days a week where one day was with the out patient surgical department and one day in the surgical scheduling department putting paper work for charting together to be used by the doctors and nurses with patients. I really enjoyed volunteering in the surgical out patient department as I got to meet and help with the families of patients. This was to inform them of updates during surgery, if need be, keeping the waiting room clean and the snack area provided with beverages and snacks, visiting with the families that were anxious about their loved one's surgery, taking family to recovery room and also to the patients room if they were admitted. I also answered the phone and put together paperwork the nurses and doctors used for each patient if their supply was low.
Pros
Meeting and helping patients and their family/friends.
Cons
Staying after ward clerk left for the day and business was slow with nothing to do.
Great company to work for :)
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MIMarch 3, 2017
Loved my job with this company. Had I not relocated I would still be working there. Flexible scheduling, great management and awesome co-workers. A work family environment!
Management available to talk to
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MIFebruary 22, 2017
Staff is amazing, as a new nurse they are always willing to answer questions or help out if you are in need. I have learned I know more than I think and that I have a lot more to learn.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MIFebruary 21, 2017
All employees are inviting and very friendly. They care about a great work environment, so training is very in depth. Managers are very helpful and have an open door policy. The insurance and benefits are pretty good. McLaren is a great place to work.
Depends on the Department
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MIFebruary 10, 2017
I've worked here for a little less than two years. The supervisors/managers can be compassionate at times. Attitude of co-workers depends on the department you work in. I loved working in the Human Resources department, but the department I've been in now is a little less caring. Overall, I give it 4 stars.
a good place to work at
PCA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MIJanuary 8, 2017
a good place to work for, coworkers are fun and nice, managers will help when needed, the call in system could be a litter better, 3 12 hr shifts are nice due to working 3 days a week is full time
Cons
night shift cant go to cafe because it closes when we get there
Busy Work
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MIJanuary 4, 2017
Mornings are very busy in the kitchen as we only have 30 to 45 min to get everything together before we start working. Everyone seems to get along well with each other, which makes the days go by fast.
Top heavy corporation although most of the staff is great and comes together well as a team.
Surgical Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MIDecember 8, 2016
Management is top heavy within the building. Too many managers without answers to staffing issues and not enough staff to keep up with the case loads. Departments are short staffed and quickly burning out. Staff is frequently mandated to stay past shift. Changes that are usually brought forth by management/directors/CEOs are not taken seriously and often revert back without notice, confusing the staff. There also does not seem to be any accountability.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Often mandated to stay past shift or to pick up call with little notice.
Long time ago.
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MIOctober 10, 2015
I enjoyed this job. I had lots of contact with people and enjoyed the people that I worked with. I actually met my husband here. And left shortly after when we got married and I had my second child.
It was everything I thought it would be.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIJune 7, 2015
When working in the hospital, I worked with hospice, oncology, and pediatric patients. At any given day, anything could happen. I was expected to do morning rounds, and get vital signs and report to the nurse any abnormalities. My coworkers and I knew the importance of team work, and did everything we could to ensure our patients were taken care of. The hardest part of my job, was seeing the patients suffer or become unhappy because of improper staffing. However, I loved working with my patients, and doing what I could to keep a smile on their face, and keep their hopes high. Working as a team is vital in a hospital, and I loved my coworkers.
Pros
Good employees, good environment.
Cons
not enough staff.
Excellent opportunity to work with various health care disciplines and health care providers.
Occupational Therapist II (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MIJanuary 14, 2015
Work with a multiple team of Physical Therapist, Speech Therapist, Case Managers, Respiratory Therapist, and Doctors. Work in a hospital setting where time management and prioritizing work load is essential. Enjoy working with various injuries and medical conditions.
Pros
Multiple disciplines with various medical conditons.
Cons
Heavy caseload that only allows limited time with each client.