McLaren Bay Region Employee Reviews

a good place to work at
PCA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MIJanuary 8, 2017
a good place to work for, coworkers are fun and nice, managers will help when needed, the call in system could be a litter better, 3 12 hr shifts are nice due to working 3 days a week is full time
Cons
night shift cant go to cafe because it closes when we get there
Top heavy corporation although most of the staff is great and comes together well as a team.
Surgical Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MIDecember 8, 2016
Management is top heavy within the building. Too many managers without answers to staffing issues and not enough staff to keep up with the case loads. Departments are short staffed and quickly burning out. Staff is frequently mandated to stay past shift. Changes that are usually brought forth by management/directors/CEOs are not taken seriously and often revert back without notice, confusing the staff. There also does not seem to be any accountability.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Often mandated to stay past shift or to pick up call with little notice.
Long time ago.
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MIOctober 10, 2015
I enjoyed this job. I had lots of contact with people and enjoyed the people that I worked with. I actually met my husband here. And left shortly after when we got married and I had my second child.
It was everything I thought it would be.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIJune 7, 2015
When working in the hospital, I worked with hospice, oncology, and pediatric patients. At any given day, anything could happen. I was expected to do morning rounds, and get vital signs and report to the nurse any abnormalities. My coworkers and I knew the importance of team work, and did everything we could to ensure our patients were taken care of. The hardest part of my job, was seeing the patients suffer or become unhappy because of improper staffing. However, I loved working with my patients, and doing what I could to keep a smile on their face, and keep their hopes high. Working as a team is vital in a hospital, and I loved my coworkers.
Pros
Good employees, good environment.
Cons
not enough staff.
Excellent opportunity to work with various health care disciplines and health care providers.
Occupational Therapist II (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MIJanuary 14, 2015
Work with a multiple team of Physical Therapist, Speech Therapist, Case Managers, Respiratory Therapist, and Doctors. Work in a hospital setting where time management and prioritizing work load is essential. Enjoy working with various injuries and medical conditions.
Pros
Multiple disciplines with various medical conditons.
Cons
Heavy caseload that only allows limited time with each client.
Worst 7 years of my life
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MINovember 10, 2014
i worked in mclaren bay regions admitting dept as a registrar for 7 years. The staff is rude and do not care who you are. I started working there making 10 dollars and 70 cents and left there making 11dollars 10 cents. I've seen 5 bosses come and go. Newcomers are not trained. Stress levels are through the roof. And the atmosphere is dog eat dog. My tip-- don't even apply. You'll wish you never did.
If I were in a Dyer situation, I'd ask to be taken to covenent. I'd rather die than live with complications from McLaren bay region.
Pros
you have a job
Cons
stress- lateral harassment on a daily bases from higher up coworkers
Busy days; minimal staffing... Great Co-workers!
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIApril 21, 2014
Assist nursing staff with vitals/care of patients. Minimal staffing for busy patient load. Was very thankful for great co-workers who could pull together as a team.
Community oriented place to work.
Diagnostic Imaging Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MIJuly 9, 2013
My typical day starts at 6:30 with sorting through correspondance for our physicians and the Diagnostic Imaging department. I process payroll on a daily basis, and check my schedule for any necessary meetings to attend where I am taking minutes. I am under the supervision of the Director of the department and a manager and they are both great to work for and with and extremely knowledgeable about the department. My co-workers are a great group of people who like to laugh, which I do not believe happens enough anymore and have fun, while also performing their job to the highest degree. The hardest part of my job is dealing with our 9 physicians in our department, but they are also part of the most enjoyable part of my job. I enjoy that each day is different and although I have specific tasks that are completed everyday, I also have different things to do each day, such as lunch meetings with our physicians, patient service recovery, party planning, memo composition.
Pros
great co-workers, always receive breaks and lunches.
Cons
pay scale, no real opportunity for advancement
community hospital with friendly staff
Clinical Registered Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MIMarch 2, 2013
hours 7:30 - 4:00
friendly staff
dietary dept uses CBORD
high patient caseload
computerized charting
We load patients with pills...
Psych Tech (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIFebruary 12, 2013
This is a mental health unit and most of the staff are on anti-depressants...seriously! The Director is NEVER there and the manager is nice enough, but she clearly favors her friends that were hired in with her. Its very clique-like and most of the RNs are rude. There's an African-American RN who speaks as if she was raised under a rock in the most rural part of Arkansas...its embarassing for her because EVERYBODY smiles when she's present but they're calling her an idiot behind her back...and don't get me started on the "this must be her first time off of welfare" jokes. Its just inappropriate for the workplace.
Only apply here if you're desperate for money and you don't mind being treated like a second-class citizen. If you're still interested in being employed here, 2nd shift is the way to go. Overall, these people, psychiatrist included, do not care if they're helping the patients, they just medicate them so they don't have to be bothered.
Cons
no lunch break, low safety, hours are not promised, unorganized, bad attitudes.
Cutting, dont work here
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MIOctober 23, 2012
the hardest part of the job is not knowing if you are going to get cut or not. REDICULOUS....cutting someone that makes less to nothing...while keeping the OVER paid staff...BULL
Pleasant people to work with company wide
Laboratory Clerk/Registrar (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MIJuly 11, 2012
Work duties are very clear. Days go by with a fast paced work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McLaren Bay Region. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9