McLaren Flint Employee Reviews in United States

horrible place to work
Certified Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 3, 2016
Mclaren Flint will always be more concerned with profits than patient safety and satisfied employee's. The only employee's they treat decently are nurses and doctors.
Pros
reasonably priced health insurance
Cons
miss breaks, no raise, horrible food, unsanitary hospital, outdated malfunctioning equipment and instruments, rude employees
Terrible place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mclaren flintJuly 25, 2016
Way to much out sourcing and three years without a pay raise. I think your crazy to work at mclaren!
Pros
Better than no money
Cons
No pay raise, high insurance, outsourcing
Too much drama and favoritism, management ONLY took first shift techs suggestions and dumped everything on other shifts
CPhT (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 8, 2015
So much drama here it's really sad...management is outsourced and they only care about getting their contract renewed! unless your a first shift employee don't ask for anything or even try to suggest different tactics to help serve the patients theyre very unprofessional
benefits
Cons
drama, management doesnt care about patients its all about the money
Professional enviorment that strives for good coustomer service
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 19, 2016
My Review of the company is great. The company is a nurse ran organization. I wish the company had more opportunities for individuals that does not have a nursing degree.
great company, great benefits, great unions
Cardiovascular Invasive specialist student (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 21, 2015
great place for experience and work. great doctors, very smart and willing to teach and help. staff is great, management is pretty good too
Productive, business like
Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 12, 2015
My typical day starts out by stapling paper claims to request medical records to be able to send out to workers' compensation carriers. Then I start working reports, correspondence, reviewing claims, answering emails, listening to voicemails and making telephone calls and then time to go home.

I learn something knew everyday in the ever changing world of health insurance. What I have learned is to call insurance companies and ask questions to figure how they work and what information they need to process claims for payment.

My management team and co-workers are the best. We have one goal to have claims processed for payment. Everyone will lend a hand to help each other.

The hardest part of my job is keeping up with the short filing time limit of 90 days and 6 months. And my most enjoyable part of my job is helping patients get their claims resolved.
Pros
Early start work time
Cons
Not a big enough lunch area
Fun work place
Research Nurse Clinician - CCRP (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 27, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Opportunities for growth and development in your field. Management is very supportive of learning and support flexible schedules in certain departments.
Pros
supportive management
Cons
Organization focused on safety, quality and service.
CNO (Former Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 17, 2015
Great nursing staff and strong physician community. Continuously working towards improvement in all quality measures. Excellent benefits and tremendous support provided to the community being served.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
Extremely fast paced with competing priorities
A day in the life
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 4, 2014
Working at McLaren allows me to interact with both patients and family members. I am the 6 am -230 pm shift, so basically I open the center everyday. I am dependable and hard working. The best part of my job is my patients. I love the interaction! My co workers are all professionals. Definitely the hardest part of my job is waking up daily at 430. In the 6 years I have been employed at McLaren I have never been tardy!!I have learned that compassion and connecting people on a personal level is equally as important as my nursing skills!!
Pros
helping people, interacting with people, teaching people
Cons
4 30 am wakeup!!
Fast paced, close knit environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 2, 2013
Everyday is a learning adventure with a wide variety of patients, cultures, and illness coming through the ambulance tunnel and the front door. The hardest part of the day can sometimes be prioritizing as pt. needs and acuity change constantly. With co-workers that are helpful and management that pitches in when things get busy, it makes the day go by very quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job is feeling accomplished after a long code or just making a pt. feel better.
Pros
the day goes by quickly and you actually make a difference for many people.
Cons
hardly get a lunch, never get to use the bathroom, and can be very stressful
Pros and Cons
Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  flint miJanuary 27, 2015
The co-workers on third shift were great to work with. Management was not that good. I worked there for 2 years and the Lead director never knew who I was. They are racist and sexist.
Pros
good co-workers on third shift
Cons
lots of he say she say on first shift between management and workers
Transporter
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 5, 2014
Working at McLaren is a good experience. Meeting New people and building a relationship with is wonderful. I learn a lot and experience a lot. Working there made me want to become a doctor, because how they take care of business and do it well. The hardest part part about is really nothing. because everything is taken care of. I love my job and i will continue to work hard at it.
Dont work here unless you are a health professional!
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 12, 2013
If you are not a health professional do not bother!! Safe yourself the stress!! Mclaren does not care about the other staff employed by the hospital. Disrespectful and racist RN staff.
Pros
health insurance deducted out of your paycheck.
Cons
short breaks or no breaks. doesn't want to promote within the company, shows favortism, pay is very low.
City type hospital that is great for cardiac care.
Emergency Room Technician (Current Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 20, 2013
Great ER doctors and staff, clientele can be rough at times. The hospital is very clean and painted in colors instead of the drab white in most medical facilities. It is great to work with such knowledgable people on a daily basis, however the patients can be abusive due to being in the city.
Cons
short to no breaks.
outsourcing everyone
. (Former Employee) –  .January 6, 2014
This company hires outside groups to take over departments, gives the employees a choice of less pay with higher insurance premiums or be layed off. Anesthesia department is run by sub-par providers who only care about the money, not the patients.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
outsourcing, layoffs, taking away benefits and retirement
I enjoyed working there
RN (Former Employee) –  FlintNovember 30, 2012
I would've stayed except my babysitter quit on me. I learned alot. Management was good about working with my schedule and giving me extra orientation as i needed. Co-workers were very nice and new alot about the position.
Pros
co-workers were team players
Cons
busy days and call ins
Good place to work in an unsafe locality, live elsewhere.
Family Medicine Residency Program (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 29, 2012
Good place to work in an unsafe locality, live elsewhere. Days are good, Night calls limited, Work hours in accordance with ACGME rules, Great Program director, fantastic collegues.
Love McLaren
Certified Nurse Aid (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 27, 2012
Management is great, learned alot by working with the nurses, and by working everywhere in the hospital.

Most co-workers are friendly and willing to help.
horrible
kkk (Former Employee) –  kkkMay 7, 2014
management rely on staff to do their job, staff do not know what they are doing as far as treating people fair!!
Pros
large hospital
Cons
poor staff
Great Corporation
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 27, 2013
I enjoy the job that I perform everyday and the patients that brighten my day.
Pros
co-workers, union, benefits
Cons
management

2.7