McLaren Flint Employee Reviews

Exceptional Working Environment
Medical Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 20, 2017
It was a real pleasure to work for McLaren in every capacity of which they placed me or I moved to change for experience. Very accommodating and a joy to work with patients in the continuity of patient care.
Pros
Experiences
grea
Radiology Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 19, 2017
This is a great place to work the people were friendly the staff helped each other. there is truly teamwork here. If you want a good place to work it would be here.
overall a bad place to work
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 30, 2017
I was not happy with the leadership, work culture, or morale at this particular location, the departments are filled with family members and this created and unfair and unfriendly work environment in relation to work distribution and raises and promotions (Nepotism)
Pros
its located central to the city of Flint, commute is short
Cons
leadership
McLaren
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 18, 2016
McLaren offers competitive wages and benefits. They allow for a good balance between work and personal life. Working with the public can be rewarding yet difficult, but McLaren makes sure that we have the proper tools to do the job.
Don't work here
Clerk (Current Employee) –  FlintNovember 11, 2016
Do not work here. Training is horrible. Management is inadequate and do not give required tools to be successful at job. Trainers withhold information and talk about you behind your back.
Pros
get paid for 30 min of lunch
Cons
inadequate training
Social Work
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Flint MINovember 6, 2016
Counsel and assist patients throughout hospital stay with meeting needs and providing necessary resources. Assist patients with crisis intervention, transitions and end of life counseling. Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams and community facilities to ensure best care practices for patients.
Co-workers were like family
Certified clinical dialysis tech (Former Employee) –  Flint MichiganNovember 3, 2016
McLaren Hospital Flint. @ kidney Center was a good place to work McLaren hospital is self gave you the benefit good health insurance good vacation time etc. of
Pros
Thanksgiving dinner Christmas gift
Cons
Work long hours But it bud good employer
I should never have left!
Inpatient Coder; Clerk I, II, and III (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 12, 2016
I left McLaren because I wanted to be able to code from home. If I would have been patient I could have eventually done just that. But I wasn't patient and I left so I could code from home. I started off as a Clerk I, got promoted to ClerkII, then promoted again to a ClerkIII. I finished my degree then they hired me as an inpatient Coder. So they took the time to train me for several months. I wouldn't be who I am today if it wasn't for McLaren.
Pros
Pto, 401, benefits, Flexible schedule
Cons
They weren't willing to let their coders code from home, but now it is through a different company and they are allowed to code from home
Terrible place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mclaren flintJuly 25, 2016
Way to much out sourcing and three years without a pay raise. I think your crazy to work at mclaren!
Pros
Better than no money
Cons
No pay raise, high insurance, outsourcing
horrible place to work
Certified Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 3, 2016
Mclaren Flint will always be more concerned with profits than patient safety and satisfied employee's. The only employee's they treat decently are nurses and doctors.
Pros
reasonably priced health insurance
Cons
miss breaks, no raise, horrible food, unsanitary hospital, outdated malfunctioning equipment and instruments, rude employees
I love this place
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 5, 2016
I've only worked for McLaren for a month now but I love it. There's plenty of hours to pick up if you really want them. They don't care if it puts you in overtime which is always a plus. So far I've worked on 3 different units and I really enjoyed them all. The staff is great! I can't complain about the pay so there's really nothing negative to say at this point.
Pros
Plenty of open shifts, 12 hour shifts, RN's are very helpful, set your own schedule, work 1 weekend a month
Cons
Meals are expensive
Professional enviorment that strives for good coustomer service
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 19, 2016
My Review of the company is great. The company is a nurse ran organization. I wish the company had more opportunities for individuals that does not have a nursing degree.
great company, great benefits, great unions
Cardiovascular Invasive specialist student (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 21, 2015
great place for experience and work. great doctors, very smart and willing to teach and help. staff is great, management is pretty good too
Too much drama and favoritism, management ONLY took first shift techs suggestions and dumped everything on other shifts
CPhT (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 8, 2015
So much drama here it's really sad...management is outsourced and they only care about getting their contract renewed! unless your a first shift employee don't ask for anything or even try to suggest different tactics to help serve the patients theyre very unprofessional
benefits
Cons
drama, management doesnt care about patients its all about the money
Fun work place
Research Nurse Clinician - CCRP (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 27, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Opportunities for growth and development in your field. Management is very supportive of learning and support flexible schedules in certain departments.
Pros
supportive management
Productive, business like
Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 12, 2015
My typical day starts out by stapling paper claims to request medical records to be able to send out to workers' compensation carriers. Then I start working reports, correspondence, reviewing claims, answering emails, listening to voicemails and making telephone calls and then time to go home.

I learn something knew everyday in the ever changing world of health insurance. What I have learned is to call insurance companies and ask questions to figure how they work and what information they need to process claims for payment.

My management team and co-workers are the best. We have one goal to have claims processed for payment. Everyone will lend a hand to help each other.

The hardest part of my job is keeping up with the short filing time limit of 90 days and 6 months. And my most enjoyable part of my job is helping patients get their claims resolved.
Pros
Early start work time
Cons
Not a big enough lunch area
Organization focused on safety, quality and service.
CNO (Former Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 17, 2015
Great nursing staff and strong physician community. Continuously working towards improvement in all quality measures. Excellent benefits and tremendous support provided to the community being served.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
Extremely fast paced with competing priorities
Pros and Cons
Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  flint miJanuary 27, 2015
The co-workers on third shift were great to work with. Management was not that good. I worked there for 2 years and the Lead director never knew who I was. They are racist and sexist.
Pros
Good co-workers on third shift
Cons
lots of he say she say on first shift between management and workers
Inadequacy
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mclaren OccupationalAugust 5, 2014
In the area where I worked we were constantly working without adequate staff. There was never any coverage so if anyone called in you worked alone and picked up the slack for two people and you worked from the beginning of the shift until the very end with only a one hour and fifteen minute break out of a 12 hour shift. Other than that you are constantly moving. Management were slave drivers and they all back up one another 100 percent. The union helped but they can only do so much. I did see a lot of favoritism while working there, I noticed that certain co-workers could make all the errors they wanted without any disciplinary action taken against them. At every staff meeting that was held once a month we were verbally abused and spoken to in such a condescending and disrespectful manner that I got to the point where I was just over it. The morale there was nonexistent and it's all due to management. The patients complained on a daily basis and there was never anything done to rectify the situation on how patients were being treated. The nurse manager is rude, condescending and walked through the door every morning with an attitude. The turn over rate in this place for workers and providers is unreal. I gained a lot of experience but the overall environment in that place is just toxic and I am so happy to be out of there.
Pros
Experience
A day in the life
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 4, 2014
Working at McLaren allows me to interact with both patients and family members. I am the 6 am -230 pm shift, so basically I open the center everyday. I am dependable and hard working. The best part of my job is my patients. I love the interaction! My co workers are all professionals. Definitely the hardest part of my job is waking up daily at 430. In the 6 years I have been employed at McLaren I have never been tardy!!I have learned that compassion and connecting people on a personal level is equally as important as my nursing skills!!
Pros
Helping people, interacting with people, teaching people
Cons
4 30 am wakeup!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McLaren Flint. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8