McLaren Greater Lansing

McLaren Greater Lansing Employer Reviews

GREAT CO-WORKERS
Registrar/Radiology Scheduling (Former Employee), Lansing, MIJune 4, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: management
Great co-workers!! The hardest part of the job are the hours, I work midnights, and this just isn't working out to well for me
Great Co-Workers; good experience
Nursing assistant (Current Employee), Lansing, MIApril 21, 2014
Assist nursing staff with vitals, toileting; bathing etc of patients. Co-workers are friendly and helpful. Management is easy to work with; welcoming.
Overall rating 5
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), MGLApril 8, 2014
Great company with which to work.

Overall rating: 5

Job Work/Live Balance: 5

Compensation/Benefits: 5

Job Security/Advancement: 5

Management: 5

Job Culture; 5
I enjoyed my position in the ED
Patient Registrar (Former Employee), Lansing, MIMarch 6, 2014
Fast paced

Great co-workers

Enjoyed my job

Union position

Night position
Great learning opportunity
Data Technician (Current Employee), Lansing, MIMarch 2, 2014
I learned a lot working at Mclaren Greater Lansing about teamwork as well as the ability to work independently. Customer service is key and this gave me a great opportunity to learn in many different situations.
Nice job culture
Administrative Assistant - Radiation Oncology (Former Employee), Greenalwn CampusFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: weloming and warm place to work, friendly and fun.
Cons: poor management.
I have worked here all my life. Job eliminated 2 times. Management is poor. Employees are great. Job security is not good. I learned everything I needed to know at this place throughout the years. Wished I would have taken advantage of the tuition reimburesement that was offered years earlier. Overall, I loved working here.
I worked here for 27 years. Loved it
Surgery Coordinator (Former Employee), Lansing Mi.February 1, 2014
Pros: great schedule, good benefits, great co-workers.
Cons: hospital(s) having hard time making ends meet with the new insurance guidelines.
My work schedule was great, co-workers were helpful when needed. Management for the most part managed very well. My supervisor was wonderful.
Learned so much over the years. Hardest part would be remembering and adding the correct equipment to surgeries.
My schedule and my co-workers were the best part of this job.
currently employed
RN (Current Employee), Lansing, MIJanuary 2, 2014
currently employed.
Quality Of patient care is always of number one importance.
Mclaren Greater Lansing
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Lansing, MIOctober 28, 2013
Pros: great teamwork
Cons: mediocre job security
Great job to work. Challenging. Great teamwork. Medication managment. Computer charting and documentation. Head to toe assessments. Wound care and treatment.
Great Place to start and learn
Nurse Assistant II (Former Employee), Lansing MIOctober 12, 2013
MGL was a great place to learn about nursing and gave me the opportunity to take care of a variety of patients. It really helped me prepare for my role as a Registered Nurse
Ok
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee), Lansing, MISeptember 23, 2013
The hospital was alright work environment. That's all I can say.

Great co-workers
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee), Lansing, MIJuly 23, 2013
Pros: lots of opportunity for learning
Cons: very busy all the time
Typically once you arrive you are on your feet working for the patients, but it is rewarding and meaningful work.
Amazing first year of nursing.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Lansing, MIJune 18, 2013
Pros: great benefites, great pay.
Cons: scheduling
I worked on an observation unit and saw a wide variety of patients. CHF, COPD, End-Stage Renal, Oncology, and any condition that needed to be monitored and observed. I have a better understanding of a wide range of diagnostic tests including stress tests, echo cardiograms, GI studies such as gastric emptying test and colonoscopies. I also became telemetry – more... certified while working at Mclaren. I have been able to start NG tubes, Foley catheters, IV's, and dressing changes. Passed many medications IV push and drawn blood off of central and PICC lines. I have dealt with different drips such as Cardizem, Heparin, Nitroglycerin and insulin drips. I work with amazing and competent nurses and staff. It really made my first year as a nurse truly a great learning experience. – less
Great hospital to learn the craft of ultrasound.
Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (Current Employee), Lansing, MIJune 6, 2013
A typical day consists of coming in, looking at the schedule of up coming scans getting your information on your patients and get cracking on your studies. I learned the ins and outs of the ultrasound profession this being my first ultrasound job out of school. My coworkers helped me through the process with a positive attitude and words of wisdom when – more... I had questions and are a great team to be apart of. The hardest part of the day are the tough patients that really challenge you but are also the part of the job that keeps you on you toes and excited for whats next. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people get better by doing the job we do and knowing were part of the that persons healing process. – less
McLaren Greater Lansing
Pharmacy Technician Extern (Former Employee), Lansing, MIJune 4, 2013
I worked as if I were an employee at McLaren for 200 hours. I became very close with my staff and loved working with them! I learned a lot at this hospital in both Inpatient and Outpatient settings.
Worked four years in cardiac at Ingham/mclaren
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Lansing MI GreenlawnApril 19, 2013
Pros: great benefits and competitive pay
Cons: no breaks. seldom had lunch. broken equipment. extremely poor staffing for rns and nas
Management does not care about staff. Short staffed to save money equipment broken or non-existent. Union is a joke. Only good for people who shouldn't keep their job. Staff very disrespectful to co-workers and patients. Would not take my family member there. McLaren has owned Ingham for years. It's just recently that they changed the name. Used to – more... be a great hometown hospital but not anymore. – less
has its ups and downs
Respiratory (Former Employee), LansingMarch 23, 2013
Pros: union pay and benifits
Cons: being a union employee, apathy of coworkers. bad management from the top down.
I am a health proffesional though I worked here for several years in several jobs in different positions while getting started in healthcare. The pay was good for almost all positions when it was Ingham, I don't know how it is now. Unions were very strong when this company was Ingham which was both a good and bad thing. I almost always got my breaks – more... and at normal scheduled times and regularly got pay increases. The bad thing about the unions were mean coworkers with bad work ethics who were bad with patients that were paid more than me though I was told (in one position where it was directly measurable) I was doing the work of three "average" people in my position. It was next to impossible for someone to get fired here even if rude to patients.

The worst part of this hospital is a dirty looking ER. Mean staff. Long wait times. Small waiting room. I don't feel as though this was a good place to go for a true emergency.

I would not take my family to Ingham's ER.

To save money the hospital under staffs the lab and registration which makes for terribly long wait times and irritated patients.

Ingham was not good at ped's and I would go to sparrow for this as well.

I have worked or been a student or done specialty training at over 15 hospitals in 5 states. Ingham would be ranked in the middle of these as a place to work. The atmosphere there is poor but the money and benefits were good. – less
Worked for Mclaren "Ingham" for many years.
Float (Former Employee), all thru hospitalMarch 9, 2013
Pros: great place when it was ingham
Cons: mclaren came in.
When Mcalren took over the hospital changed. Morale plummented. Many long term employyes left and doctors too. I would not refer anyone to this hospital.
Worked for Mclaren "Ingham" for many years.
Float (Former Employee), all thru hospitalMarch 9, 2013
Pros: great place when it was ingham
Cons: mclaren came in.
Friendly Work Environment
Exercise Physiologist (Current Employee), Lansing, MIFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: buses to/from employee parking, employee discount perks
Cons: small cafeteria, limited job openings
McLaren is a friendly hospital environment to work in. The staff and volunteers work well together even between various departments.