McLaren Greater Lansing Employee Reviews

Good points and bad points
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 5, 2017
Management doesn't listen to the employees. Employees all work well together in our dept.
The years of service isn't represented in my salary.
The benefit package is better than average.
Excellent Staff
Perioperative Orderly (Former Employee) –  Surgery DepartmentAugust 4, 2017
The staff working in the surgery department at MGL is kind, and personal, including the nurses, management. The only real issue with the department was a lack of a good communication method between each staff member and between staff and management. Overall it is an excellent place to work.
Good work Opportunity
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grand Ledge, MIJuly 18, 2017
Fast moving, learned job work/life balance count. My manager always helped me (but managers over worked). Worked under staffed a lot. I burned out. I loved the team I worked with and the standards of service our office provided.
Pros
Company provided education
Cons
Office Coordinator (additional jobs included)
Great Place to Work
Unit Assistant, inpatient oncology (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 5, 2017
Great environment that makes you look forward to going to work every day. Continuous education opportunities with great management. Coworkers are enjoyable.
Good place to work with incredible staff
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 1, 2017
MGL is a good place to work - good pay, okay benefits (used to be amazing benefits - recent changes to benefits plans for certain groups of employees have been the source of great animosity). But as far as working with a wonderful group of people who are dedicated to helping improve patient experiences and outcomes, you will not find a better organization. McLaren has a talented and dedicated staff, and the teamwork is fabulous.
Demanding more and more of staff as part of culture transformation
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 23, 2017
Meetings are out of control. More and more is requested daily of staff and leadership. Enjoyed working with those around me. Dealing with the union will wear you out.
job security
Medical Billing/ coding/ Adminsitration (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 9, 2017
I have to put up with a lot of stuff that is not your job.They have you met quotas, and if ou don't you get written up for it. No training, you just watch a person do the job.
Pros
no overtime
Cons
quotas
Very busy work environment
Patient Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 8, 2017
I had always worked in the medical field as a patient registration clerk and loved the busy work. I registered patients in busy emergency rooms, receiving all insurance and personal information entering it into the computer. Also collected co-pays on insurances. Worked close with the nursing staff and helped where ever possible. I was ready for a change in my employment status from working full time all my life and anted to work part time. Since they did not have a part time position available for me and wanting to Fonda position less stressful I left my position.
Pros
Great pay & benefits
Cons
Long stressful hours, not enough employees
Pacu
Nurses Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 4, 2017
PACU at McLaren Greater Lansing Penn Campus is a great place to work. The people are extremely helpful and the nurses are wonderful at taking care of patients.
The bottom line takes precedence over respect for the nursing staff.
RN, Oncology and Medical/Surgical (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 2, 2017
McLaren changed the schedule structure of the nursing staff, leaving many as part-time, with increased costs for benefits. This action showed a lack of concern for the nursing staff and a greater concern for the dollar. My time at McLaren was a growth experience, with many opportunities for participation in special projects. I was saddened when management took the drastic measure of cutting the hours of full time staff, leaving many to leave the company in order to support their families.
Pros
Opportunities for participation in special projects.
Cons
Budget overrides patient care.
Busy
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Grand Ledge, MIApril 25, 2017
Usually offices are short staffed, but mostly great people and doctors. Patients often have a negative view of McLaren, despite how good of service they receive. Management not very hands on.
Excellent coworkers and work environment in general.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 5, 2017
A fantastic place to work. Both management and coworkers are very supportive and friendly. It provides the opportunity to work in an extremely fulfilling profession.
great work place
RECEPTIONIST/MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 22, 2017
Great place to work. They could use more staff to help with everyday duties. I love the doctors that I work with. I have learned alot from this job over the last 7 years.
Pros
8 hours pto every check, good benefits
Cons
we need more staff
Good Job that if you stay focused goes by fast
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Lansing, miJanuary 27, 2017
If you stay busy the day goes by fast. Wish Management would get rid of the bad workers and have standards by which everyone should adhere too. Otherwise, like the work.
Pros
busy and the day goes by quick.
Cons
A few poor workers with poor attitudes that brings everyone else down.
Great Place to Work
Dir of environmental services (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIDecember 14, 2016
It was a great opportunity to work with McLaren. The people throughout the organization were very supportive and engaged.
Also, I believe the organization is moving in an upward/forward direction.

The person I reported to was excellent!

I would return to McLaren in a minute!
Payroll Clerk / Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 21, 2016
I worked here several years ago. I cannot say anything negative about them. I began in switchboard and transferred to HR. Everyone was competent and pretty much "lifers" at the time. I worked on payroll/Data Entry. I've worked in Admitting too.
Pros
Room to advance.
Ok place to work
Certified Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 18, 2016
I have made it a career here for the pass 13 years but feel that it is time for me to move on and find some place new that is looking for a hard working dedicated employee. Always on time and ready to jump in and make an impact in the work place and to help people that need help. I feel that they have become a custom to relying on me and taking advantage of the situation
Pros
Weekends off, benefits
Cons
Lack of leadership after day shift
My experience
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 6, 2016
Good environment to work in. Great Hours, co workers are easy going, learning my surrounding's, learning in to clean in detail, enjoyed the pay per hour and hours
Pros
insurance, Pay rate, Hours
Understaffed
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 3, 2016
Loved the work I was doing, but being understaffed takes away from the quality of work and care performed. After a while staff morale was low and team work became more difficult for some.
Fun atmosphere, great teamwork
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIAugust 12, 2016
McLaren is a wonderful place to work and allows me to see many diverse needs of patient care. In a typical day I am exposed to several types of injury, pathology and patient personalities. Our team at McLaren is a well oiled machine, providing excellent patient care with our "every patient, every time" attitude.