McLaren Greater Lansing

McLaren Greater Lansing Employer Reviews

McLaren provided a very good learning experience.
Leadership clinical placement (Former Employee), Lansing, MIOctober 7, 2014
Pros: good patient care
Cons: fast paced environment
McLaren provided a very good learning experience. I worked with a highly qualified nursing staff in a pleasant atmosphere. We provided good patient care and are well thought of in the community.
Enjoy all aspects of healthcare
Unit Coordinator/Nurse Aid (Current Employee), Lansing, MISeptember 21, 2014
Pros: culture, diversity, pace, all levels of education
Cons: not going to be a nurse
Hired and remained in the float pool as a nurse aid. Have worked all the units and I have really enjoyed that. Was asked to cross train to Unit Coordinator on nights. In this position I wear a pager and admit all patients throughout the hospital. Really enjoy this position, as well.
Fun work with great people
Radiology Assistant (Former Employee), Lansing, MISeptember 11, 2014
Pros: great dept
Cons: per diem
Manager was someone very personable to talk to. Coworkers were great to work with and offered help when needed. Was some heavy lifting and transferring of patients. Hours varied between coworkers.
Lack of strong leadership
Data administrator, Quality Specialist (Former Employee), Lansing, MISeptember 10, 2014
Pros: wonderful co-workers
Cons: lack of strong leadership
Lack of strong leadership
Little support from management
Great co-workers
Increasing job responsibilities, less compensation
Fun group of people
Tech (Former Employee), Lansing, MIJuly 21, 2014
Great group of people to work with. They like to hang out outside of work.
GREAT CO-WORKERS
Registrar/Radiology Scheduling (Former Employee), Lansing, MIJune 4, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: management
Great co-workers!! The hardest part of the job are the hours, I work midnights, and this just isn't working out to well for me
Great Co-Workers; good experience
Nursing assistant (Current Employee), Lansing, MIApril 21, 2014
Assist nursing staff with vitals, toileting; bathing etc of patients. Co-workers are friendly and helpful. Management is easy to work with; welcoming.
Overall rating 5
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), MGLApril 8, 2014
Great company with which to work.

Overall rating: 5

Job Work/Live Balance: 5

Compensation/Benefits: 5

Job Security/Advancement: 5

Management: 5

Job Culture; 5
I enjoyed my position in the ED
Patient Registrar (Former Employee), Lansing, MIMarch 6, 2014
Fast paced

Enjoyed my job

Union position

Night position
Great learning opportunity
Data Technician (Current Employee), Lansing, MIMarch 2, 2014
I learned a lot working at Mclaren Greater Lansing about teamwork as well as the ability to work independently. Customer service is key and this gave me a great opportunity to learn in many different situations.
Nice job culture
Administrative Assistant - Radiation Oncology (Former Employee), Greenalwn CampusFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: weloming and warm place to work, friendly and fun.
Cons: poor management.
I have worked here all my life. Job eliminated 2 times. Management is poor. Employees are great. Job security is not good. I learned everything I needed to know at this place throughout the years. Wished I would have taken advantage of the tuition reimburesement that was offered years earlier. Overall, I loved working here.
I worked here for 27 years. Loved it
Surgery Coordinator (Former Employee), Lansing Mi.February 1, 2014
Pros: great schedule, good benefits, great co-workers.
Cons: hospital(s) having hard time making ends meet with the new insurance guidelines.
My work schedule was great, co-workers were helpful when needed. Management for the most part managed very well. My supervisor was wonderful.
Learned so much over the years. Hardest part would be remembering and adding the correct equipment to surgeries.
My schedule and my co-workers were the best part of this job.
currently employed
RN (Current Employee), Lansing, MIJanuary 2, 2014
currently employed.
Quality Of patient care is always of number one importance.
Mclaren Greater Lansing
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Lansing, MIOctober 28, 2013
Pros: great teamwork
Cons: mediocre job security
Great job to work. Challenging. Great teamwork. Medication managment. Computer charting and documentation. Head to toe assessments. Wound care and treatment.
Great Place to start and learn
Nurse Assistant II (Former Employee), Lansing MIOctober 12, 2013
MGL was a great place to learn about nursing and gave me the opportunity to take care of a variety of patients. It really helped me prepare for my role as a Registered Nurse
Ok
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee), Lansing, MISeptember 23, 2013
The hospital was alright work environment. That's all I can say.

Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee), Lansing, MIJuly 23, 2013
Pros: lots of opportunity for learning
Cons: very busy all the time
Typically once you arrive you are on your feet working for the patients, but it is rewarding and meaningful work.
Amazing first year of nursing.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Lansing, MIJune 18, 2013
Pros: great benefites, great pay.
Cons: scheduling
I worked on an observation unit and saw a wide variety of patients. CHF, COPD, End-Stage Renal, Oncology, and any condition that needed to be monitored and observed. I have a better understanding of a wide range of diagnostic tests including stress tests, echo cardiograms, GI studies such as gastric emptying test and colonoscopies. I also became telemetry – more... certified while working at Mclaren. I have been able to start NG tubes, Foley catheters, IV's, and dressing changes. Passed many medications IV push and drawn blood off of central and PICC lines. I have dealt with different drips such as Cardizem, Heparin, Nitroglycerin and insulin drips. I work with amazing and competent nurses and staff. It really made my first year as a nurse truly a great learning experience. – less
Great hospital to learn the craft of ultrasound.
Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (Current Employee), Lansing, MIJune 6, 2013
A typical day consists of coming in, looking at the schedule of up coming scans getting your information on your patients and get cracking on your studies. I learned the ins and outs of the ultrasound profession this being my first ultrasound job out of school. My coworkers helped me through the process with a positive attitude and words of wisdom when – more... I had questions and are a great team to be apart of. The hardest part of the day are the tough patients that really challenge you but are also the part of the job that keeps you on you toes and excited for whats next. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people get better by doing the job we do and knowing were part of the that persons healing process. – less
McLaren Greater Lansing
Pharmacy Technician Extern (Former Employee), Lansing, MIJune 4, 2013
I worked as if I were an employee at McLaren for 200 hours. I became very close with my staff and loved working with them! I learned a lot at this hospital in both Inpatient and Outpatient settings.