McLaren Lapeer Region Employee Reviews

Bigoted environment
Aide (Former Employee) –  Lapeer, MINovember 19, 2017
Play favorites and Lapeer is dishonest about former employees based on rumors instead of looking at what actually is. They hand out jobs to people based on their popularity and likability but not their ability or work ethic. Hire a man that frequently no call no show and sleeps on the job but won't hire a female that actually did the work because she angered the wrong lazy person with friends.
Pros
Cons
Small town inbreeder mentality
Not the place for me.
Communications Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lapeer, MINovember 8, 2017
When I began working at McLaren Lapeer it was a great opportunity and a very fulfilling job. However over the years the management in my department changed hands and there was a lot of favoritism. It became and almost impossible work environment. Then my hours were cut dramatically. I went from working 40 hours to only working 16 hours due to budget cuts.
McLaren - Lapeer
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lapeer, MISeptember 9, 2017
small hospital, upper management came to patient care areas. 150 characters are required to complete this section. This requires that I provide more keystrokes.
Pros
small
Cons
upper management in patient care areas
Always short handed
RN (Former Employee) –  Lapeer, MIAugust 15, 2017
Always short handed not able to give patients the care they deserve. Pay is not comparable to other hospitals so keep looking you to will find a better place to work.
fast paced enviroment, learned many new things in healthcare
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lapeer, MIJuly 26, 2017
very fast paced environment which made the day fly by, some employees weren't easy to get along with, loved working with patients, new employees have to be ready to work and work hard
Pros
great benefits, good hours
Cons
some long term employees aren't very nice to the newbies
used to be great
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 27, 2017
management has no idea what their employees do but they try to make changes without finding out what the effects of those changes will make---also need to listen to the employees a little more
benefits
Cons
management
Overall...it's okay.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lapeer, MIApril 19, 2017
Management isnt always the greatest. Many quality employees have been let go without warning. Constantly understaffed. It's a rotating door for patients and employees.
Okay hospital, unfriendly staff
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lapeer, MIDecember 20, 2016
The staff is very unfriendly and put you down in any way possible. Not a great working environment. I have witnessed nurses giving shots and medications while patients are in the restroom, unsanitary.
Seeking New Experience
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Lapeer, MIDecember 15, 2016
Respiratory therapist - providing breathing treatments, performing CPR when required, maintaining ventilators and other equipment in order to care for patients with critical breathing issues. Experience in EEG, pulmonary rehab and hyperbaric therapy.
Supportive community of caring employees and management
Contingent Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Lapeer, MIDecember 1, 2016
Great company to work for. Quality, effective patient care is achieved through teamwork and support. Continuing efforts are made to keep staff informed on policies as well as provide learning opportunities and advancement.
Low wages Benefits being reduced to nothing.
Enviromental Services (Current Employee) –  HousekeepingOctober 4, 2016
Wages are very low. Work load is too much. Always short staffed. Management is reducing benefits. They want people making less than 10hr to pay the same as management. Unacceptable. Run!
Pros
Co workers are great
Cons
CEO's make all the money..& show no respect
Great people,
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lapeer, MIJune 1, 2016
Hard working individuals, could use some more support from management. A person could not work with a better group of employees who care about the job they are doing and value each other as a team. My only wish would be that in the future there is better staffing, and more support from the people high up.
Fast paced
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Lapeer, MIApril 24, 2016
Fast paced working environment. Working over more than half the time cuts into family time and other commitments. Several shifts are always also short and understaffed. However, I know that I have a continued place of employment. We are always full and have constant needs to be covered. Benefits are great if you are full time. However part time employees spend most of their checks covering the insurance cost and still have to pay a huge amount out of pocket. Best part about the shift I worked is the people I work with.
Cons
short staffed
Compassionate employees
Trauma Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  LapeerAugust 29, 2015
I love working for McLaren. I feel at home with my coworkers. The Administration is very involved and offer support to the employees.
Pros
flexible, fun, employee recognition
Cons
limited opportunities to advance career
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Lapeer, MIJuly 12, 2014
I love it here. Everyone in the department is very friendly and easy to get along with. Everyone works together as a team and encourages each other.
productive and caring teamwork
Radiology Assistant (Former Employee) –  MIJanuary 21, 2013
very fast paced busy place to be i have learned many things in my nine years there experienced many things my co workers were wonderful and team oriented hardest part of my job was mostly physical in a fast paced environment ,the most enjoyable part of my job was making a difference in patients lives
Pros
department lunches, hospital week, radiology week, cafateria loved my hours
Cons
maybe a little better health coverage
Good experience
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Lapeer, MIDecember 21, 2012
As a Human Resources Intern, I would help them with daily tasks such as filing, answering calls, sorting mail, scanning and computer work. I learned more about how a hospital works and the structure. Overall, I gained good experience in the health field.