McLaren Macomb Employee Reviews

Well rounded experience opportunities
Student of Radiology Technology (Former Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MIJune 13, 2017
Mclaren Macomb is a busy hospital. The imaging department has many different areas to work in. It is a great place to get experience. I learned how to work when there is a heavy workload. Management could be a little better, but that goes for most places.
Busy
RN Case Manager/ Clinical Integration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MIJune 12, 2017
The case management dept is always busy. Lucky to have been given the opportunity to advance my training. Great people and great pay. Computer system is not conducive to productivity.
typical place
PCA (Patient Care Assistant) (Current Employee) –  Mt. Clemens, MIJune 8, 2017
your day consist of being over worked and underpaid. Most of the time you are understaffed which leaves you stressed out. The nurses dont help much and have horrible attitude problems.
Pros
can charge lunch to your acoount
Cons
no promotions, barely any raises, short staffed a lot
Great environment
Student Aide (Former Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MI 48043June 1, 2017
I enjoyed being here and really felt like I was helping out both the nurses and nurses aids. Hardworking place and would enjoy going back there again.
Friendly & Comfortable Learning Environment
Physical Therapy Intern (Former Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MIApril 6, 2017
All of the Physical Therapists at McLaren's physical therapy clinic are friendly and very educational for anyone that is looking for somewhere to shadow in Physical Therapy. There is a lot you can learn about what a physical therapy career entails and the staff provides a warm and friendly environment that makes it a comfortable learning setting as well!
just keep swimming
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIApril 4, 2017
I arrive at least a half an hour prior to patients, starting to prep my day and make sure my rooms are stocked and ready. I learn something new everyday I work there. Either about a diagnosis or something new with computer system. My office is fast paced and very intense due to four Doctors being on the floor almost daily. Not only are you assisting your Doctor you could be asked to something for another Doctor. I multi task on a daily basis. The hardest part of my job is learning that one of my patients has passed away. My patients and I have a close relationship, They trust me and I would do my best to make sure they get the care they need to feel better.
Pros
close to home, Doctors are willing to teach
Cons
short breaks, lack of communication
Productive and Compassionate office
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIMarch 9, 2017
McLaren is a great company to work for with wonderful benefits and incentives for their employees. The office that I am currently at is a very fast paced and diverse atmosphere that I love being a part of.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MIMarch 3, 2017
Very busy and sometime not trained to keep up with should help you as an employee. Staff not knowledgeable to help new employees,
Pros
short time to regroup from surgical cases
Cons
always walking through surgical dept busy or not
Best hospital
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MIFebruary 11, 2017
Mclaren is great, management is great. Very busy hospital I enjoyed working there and would go back in a heart beat. Very clean hospital
team great, management awful
Oncology/General Medical/Hospice Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mt. Clemens, MIFebruary 9, 2017
management does whatever they want. Floor level team is the only reason to stay. Run like a business. Too much focus on revenue none of employee or patient satisfaction
Great place to work but hard to move around if you are non-clinical
Unit Staffing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MIDecember 15, 2016
McLaren Macomb is a great place to work. Your co-workers really make your day. It is hard to move around there but if you are able to it's a great place to be.
Pros
Meeting a lot of new people
Cons
Short breaks. Required a lot more then your job descitption but no compensation.
Great place with great people
Contingent Radiation Therapist (Current Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MINovember 4, 2016
My coworkers are some of the very best people to work with. We are very supportive of one another and always willing to help. We are more like a family. Love working with these people.
Worst experience
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MIOctober 16, 2016
The McLaren nurses and secretaries were friendly but everyone in environmental services which is the drpartment i worked is was very unprofessional unorganized and rude. Emergency department has BEDBUGS 24/7
Pros
Hours were good
Cons
Short break horrible evs staff & hospital has BED BUGS
Nice hospital experience
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MISeptember 24, 2016
Has many tasks and challenges needed to be done. Great place to gain PCA experience. Working as a PCA here even if assigned to a certain unit you gain experience and training on all floors.
Excellent place to work.
RN (Current Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MIJuly 11, 2016
Since they are a union hospital there are a lot of guidelines that administration has to follow. Administration does an excellent job making sure the rules are adhered to. Our ACM's will come and work with us in the "trenches" if need be. Very organized employer
Pros
Union
Cons
I'm working midnights
Busy prcatice, patient care is always our number one goal.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Macomb, MIJune 1, 2016
The office that I work at is very busy we keep on schedule and put patient care first. Our patients know that they will be in and out in a timely manner.
Pros
Health care is offered
Cons
No coverage for needed time off.
loyality is not of value
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MIDecember 21, 2015
Very strong culture of mistrust among employees towards management. Work responsibilities are not clearly defined and often change daily. Employee longevity is not valued or rewarded.
Hiring
None (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 15, 2015
Every time I go to the site and fill out application i neve get a call back. But the site says they are hiring. i fill out for position fof simplest posting and get nothing.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
No chance to prove skills
No Advancement
Lab Aid/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  MTSeptember 17, 2015
They expect you to train and work in several departments but they don't compensate you for any of it. Lab Aids were expected to work harder, more hours and have more knowledge of the job than Phlebotomist's but, didn't get a pay increase.
They make you feel inferior, they point out your mistakes no matter how long ago it happened, they don't appreciate anything you do or how hard you work, there is too much high school drama between coworker's, and too many people who try to throw you under the bus.
Very unprofessional, lack of communication and organization
Pros
punching out everyday
Cons
punching in everyday
review
Phlebotomist/ Lab Aide (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIAugust 24, 2015
I truly enjoyed my time with Mclaren, I only wish compensation would've been more adequate as raises we're non-existent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McLaren Macomb. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9