McLaren Macomb Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent place to work.
RN (Current Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MIJuly 11, 2016
Since they are a union hospital there are a lot of guidelines that administration has to follow. Administration does an excellent job making sure the rules are adhered to. Our ACM's will come and work with us in the "trenches" if need be. Very organized employer
Pros
Union
Cons
I'm working midnights
Busy prcatice, patient care is always our number one goal.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Macomb, MIJune 1, 2016
The office that I work at is very busy we keep on schedule and put patient care first. Our patients know that they will be in and out in a timely manner.
Pros
Health care is offered
Cons
No coverage for needed time off.
Hiring
None (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 15, 2015
Every time I go to the site and fill out application i neve get a call back. But the site says they are hiring. i fill out for position fof simplest posting and get nothing.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
No chance to prove skills
No Advancement
Lab Aid/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  MTSeptember 17, 2015
They expect you to train and work in several departments but they don't compensate you for any of it. Lab Aids were expected to work harder, more hours and have more knowledge of the job than Phlebotomist's but, didn't get a pay increase.
They make you feel inferior, they point out your mistakes no matter how long ago it happened, they don't appreciate anything you do or how hard you work, there is too much high school drama between coworker's, and too many people who try to throw you under the bus.
Very unprofessional, lack of communication and organization
Pros
punching out everyday
Cons
punching in everyday
review
Phlebotomist/ Lab Aide (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIAugust 24, 2015
I truly enjoyed my time with Mclaren, I only wish compensation would've been more adequate as raises we're non-existent.
nice coworkers
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIJuly 27, 2015
The company overall is a great place to work for. Sometimes the office can get extremely stressful. They could benefit in hiring more people so they can have the support all the offices need
high stress
Scheduling Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MIJune 16, 2015
no organization, confusing. Unrealistic goals set for employee, low morale among the workers. Co-worker are nice. Clean environment,
Pros
culture good
Cons
no organization, union
Productive work expierence
Internship (Current Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MIMay 31, 2015
McLaren Macomb is a great teaching hospital. The past year spent with the staff has really prepared me for my future as an ultrasound technician.
Pros
Hands on education
Meh.
Clinical Services (Current Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MIMay 22, 2015
If you are not a nurse, doctor or other "pedigree" type, forget it. Take the job and start looking for something better. A true "McJob", if there is ever such a term....
Pros
They serve free slop on Christmas....
Cons
Co-workers are awful, ghetto atmosphere, not a chance for advancement.
A wonderful teaching hospital to gain knowledge and grow.
Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MIOctober 27, 2014
A typical day is greeting everyone and going into my department and getting started. I ask a lot of questions, so knowing that someone is there to answer them makes learning fun and efficient.
Mclaren Macomb
Patient Access (Former Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MIAugust 17, 2014
I loved my job in the fast paced life of the ER at Mclaren Macomb. A typical day, usually wasn't "Typical" at all. You ever knew what was coming through the door next. After all, it was a Trauma Center, and that's what I loved about it!

I would come in, sign in on our computer system, and get started. Where ever there was a flashing light next to a room number on my mobile computer, that's where you would find me. If I wasn't there, I was in the Trauma room identifying a patient, and getting further information.

While in my ten years in the ER I learned a lot of things. As an example, we were taught to look for signs of heart attack in our patients. As we know, some conditions are worse than others, and need to be handled with quick and precise medical treatment. If I didn't understand something about a medical condition I could always ask and a Physician or nurse, and they would explain it to me. After all, Mclaren is a teaching hospital!

There was day Supervision, and afternoon supervision. They would check in with staff occasionally to see how things were running. If we needed further assistance it would usually be provided (unless we were short staffed).

The key is teamwork! I had a good set of co-workers that were on my shift. At times, it was stressful when volume was high. We all worked hard as a team, and helped each other out as much as possible, until the job was done, and patients were being cared for.

The hardest part of my job in the ER was seeing family members grieve after learning their loved one had passed away. Our desks were right by the "Green Room"
  more... as we called it. That's where family members were ushered upon arrival, and where Physicians had to deliver the horrible news. Some of the deaths were horrific, some things I will never forget. As staff, the only thing we could do was try to comfort the grieving family members as best as we could, and (when it was time) assist them into the Trauma room to see their deiced loved one.

The most enjoyable part of my job was never knowing what was going to come in next! It kept the day moving at a brisk pace, we were always busy. I also like to work with the public, I am a people person!
Pros
worked with a good group of people.
Cons
there was times where were we were so busy, and short staffed that we missed breaks.
Needs Improvement
Transportation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MIJune 25, 2014
While working at McLaren Macomb, I decided against my dream career as a physical due to poor management and very poor decision making regarding hourly employees.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
management
Great with students
Student (Former Employee) –  Mt. ClemonsJune 6, 2014
The staff is great and very happy to help students learn. I learned so much during my time as a student here.
moving patients to and from testing.
transportation (Current Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MIMay 20, 2014
It is a very busy hospital. There are always people to take to testing or surgery. Most of my co-workers are very nice and easy to get along with. There are a few that are always in the managers office getting someone into trouble over something. There isn't an enjoyable part of the job anymore cause there are certain people who ruin it for everyone.
okay
Title Health Unit Clerk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mt Clemens MiMarch 12, 2014
A typical day was good on my floor. I worked midnights.
I learned that everyone seemed to support each other.
Management lacked support and how to treat people fair
Co-workers were awesome on my floor. Everyone was great. Miss them
The hardest part of my job was proving to my management that I was good employee. A lot of favoritism.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help others
Pros
good place to start a career
Cons
no room for advancement if you are not a nurse. low pay, day shift tend to be more uptight
Productive and a wonderful experience volunteering with others.
Anchor Bay Comfort Cart Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MIMarch 8, 2014
An amazing experience working with staff and assisting patients with basic needs.
Great
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MIJanuary 3, 2014
Great place to work and learn. Have been here for almost 2 years.
ok place to work
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  clinton twpOctober 22, 2013
no room for advancement or raises residents are very rude and treat you like your stupid boss doesn't stick up for you also you are written up on hearsay no defending yourself your always wrong not a very good place to work
Good Place to Work
RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Mt. ClemensSeptember 8, 2013
Friendly atmosphere,sometimes an intense enviroment with patient volume.
Good job experience
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MIAugust 1, 2013
A typical night at work consists of doing breathing treatments, ventilator checks and management. Caring for patients that come into the emergency room with asthma, copd, or any trauma patients that may need to be resuscitated or ventilated or bipaped. I have learned a great deal of people skills, caring for patients, and how to use time effectively and efficiently. I work with a great group of girls, which make being there a little bit nicer and easier. If you enjoy the people you work with, it definitely makes your workplace nicer to be at. The hardest part of my job is my hours/schedule at the moment. I work full time midnights, 60 hours one week, 32 the next week, every other weekend and every other holiday. After 12 years its been taking its toll on me for sure. I am trying to get into a day job no matter the hours, or a 3 12 position if it's in a hospital setting. I enjoy helping people and seeing them get better.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McLaren Macomb. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7