McLaren Medical Group Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 30, 2016
I found the culture awful. The supervisor allowed one employee to rule the roost. She was a baby and tried to get people in trouble all of the time. I got out in less than a year because I was so miserable. The work life balance wasn't there. I was told we are professional so we regularly work overtime.
Pros
Cons
Expensive benefits, bad culture, strange office setup
relaxed professional enviroment
Physician Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 1, 2015
I enjoy the work I do for the company. I feel they are professional and trying to turn the AR revenue into a very positive out come for their healthcare providers. It is unfortunate that this office will be relocated as the company will suffer a great lose of highly educated, knowledgeable medical billers.
Pros
close to home
Cons
office is being relocated 90miles away
I learned a lot while I was there because I hadn't been in the workforce in about 12 years and I was very thankful for the job.
Carol James - supervisor (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 17, 2015
Productive under high pressure. I would come in and pick up data entry and type all day. We had an hour unpaid lunch, two 15 minute breaks, When I had extra time, I would do filing, sort mail, and later on, my job was switched to answering phones, transferring calls, and taking customer payments.The most enjoyable thing was lunch because they had a real nice area that you could walk. I loved input.
At first I didn't really like the phones, but I got used to it.
Pros
We would get a free turkey for Thanksgiving.
Cons
The people were enjoyable to work with.
I enjoyed doing my Intern at this site.
Intern (Former Employee) –  FlintJuly 31, 2015
Great place to do an intern. I enjoyed my experience! The staff was very patient with me, and took interest in my learning experience.
Pros
Very organized, great place to do an intern
Cons
intern time was too short
Busy and Rewarding
Executive Assistant/Real Estate Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Flint, MichiganSeptember 25, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my position was working with my fellow team members. A typical day started with individuals stopping at my desk on the way to the coffee machine to see how my evening or weekend went, and then they told me about theirs. This made me feel as though I was part of the office "family".

The hardest part of the position was making sure over 200 individuals had time sheets and PTO forms to me for input into the payroll system by the corporate deadline.

The office was usually a hub of activity with meetings and varied projects, which made the work day pass quickly.
The Dr and staff I work with have been a wonderful experiance.
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Flint,MIApril 14, 2013
I work a typical 10 to 12 hour day Monday thru Thursday, I work with the busiest Dr in the office and constantly given new challenges.
We have just gone live on EMR in January 2013, while this has been a challenging process management and my coworkers have worked very hard to make this transition as easy as possible for everyone. I love my position and enjoy doing everyday.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
Very nice place to work.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 12, 2012
I enjoyed working there, and I would have like to have stayed.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
some girls enjoyed talking badly about each other.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McLaren Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.

McLaren Medical Group Reviews by Location