McLaren Oakland Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Would not work for this company
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mclaren OaklandMay 23, 2016
You will never have enough help. Bottom line is a fat bonus for the managers. They don't care how much you have to work, or how behind you get, because they will never have enough help. The management does not listen to the employees. They will always say they hear what you are saying, but will never follow through with hiring help. It never seems to be in their budget. Nor is education for the employee. Management have no idea what your actual job is, nor do they care. This place is purely political. I stayed for 8 years and finally had enough. I am now much more appreciated at my place of employment.
Pros
Cons
Working at Mclaren
Not a good place to work
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIAugust 2, 2016
The hospital is run down and the area is very unsafe. The software is outdated. I did not get a raise due to pay freezes for 4 years. Management does not care about the employees and it is well known the staff is way underpaid and under staffed. Nepotism runs wild with management hiring friends and family who are inexperienced. Employees are let go and the remaining employees are having to do the work of 2 to 3 people. It is a stressful work environment. The benefits are terrible and expensive.
Pros
Cons
Underpaid, outdated and bad management
Patient Registration
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MIMay 5, 2016
Currently a Patient Registration professional at an urgent care in Oxford, MI. Responsible for: greeting incoming patients,
checking them in for scheduled procedures, Urgent Care or Occupation Health visits, distributing paperwork, entering in
pertinent information which includes insurance and demographics, and handling the processing of insurance. Ensure all papers
are properly filled out and input into system, help to maintain daily schedules.
Pros
paid lunches, awesome health care
Cons
management issues, customer service
Short staff is the McLaren way
Tech (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, MIMay 7, 2016
I love the people that I work with but patient care is sometimes compromised because we are not properly staffed. No one seems to care. Our direct manager assures us that help is coming but it never comes..... I assume because of all the political pitfalls on the way to the top. I'm a great employee with a great work ethic but I'm about fed up!
Pros
Great people
Cons
Not sure when I got a lunch last
I am happy with my current job but would prefer to work day shift.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MISeptember 20, 2015
At McLaren Oakland, I enjoy my job, helping patients and working with my team provide the most safe and effective environment possible. The most difficult part of my job is working the night shift. I believe my direct supervisor does the best job he can and that he tries to be available, supportive and helpful as much as possible within his abilities to do so.
Pros
A good team.
Cons
Night shift.
Updated software,
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIAugust 17, 2015
McLaren is a nice place to work, they are always making changes to better service the patients, and employee. There are always things to do such as games, garden, puzzles, suggestion box. with prizes.
Pros
they look for way to make things easier for patient and employees
Cons
Better tasting food for afternoon shift.
Respiratory Therapist
respiratory therapist (Former Employee) –  pontiac, MIMarch 24, 2015
the respiratory care department is out dated, as is the management that runs it. Always short staffed, running all the time.
Pros
It is a job, has an extremely busy trauma ER, good for short term training.
Cons
Management from dark ages
fun place to work ,very family oriented
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MISeptember 19, 2013
typically had 6 rooms running from 07:00 - 23:30 with cases going from : Ortho,Podiatry,General,Vascular,Urology,Gyne,Neuro and newer Robotic.averaging 16-32 cases/day.. Very fast moving pace.I Iearned to trust and work closely with my coworkers.We always pitched in to help each other.
I learned that it was unity that made all of us strive.It was everyone's job.It was team work.
Management was fair,understanding and hands on.Open door policy.
My coworkers in general were also friends at times felt like second family.We had fun together in and out of the hospital.we were there for each other in time of need.
The hardest part of the job was the unpredictableness of the the call nights.On a summer weekend night or holiday you may end up with 3-4 gun shot wounds victims,and some car accidents.Sometimes we were so short of staffing but we learned to cover those shifts.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to see how many patients got well, Also getting to work and feeling that you were among family was simply superb.I loved my job.
Pros
we got along well, management was wonderful, team work excellent
Cons
short of staff most of the time, unable to go on vacation with your family.
This place sucks run!!!!
Na (Former Employee) –  PontiacJanuary 25, 2015
The Geri Pysch is a joke. Constantly short staff inappropriate patients. No help from management. This place should be closed down.
Pros
12hr shifts
Cons
pay, staffing, messy childish people.
McLaren Oakland Hospital
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  McLaren OaklandJune 12, 2013
I'm a material handler at McLaren Oakland hospital. I fill OmniCells. They are basically electronic storage units. I generally fill these units with materials and instrument sets. I have 15 units throughout the hospital.

The orders are on a scheduled inventory system that print from Central Supply, which is essentially where I pull all my orders from.

My Material Management team is working hand in hand with Central Supply to assure these units are filled on the weekend. This includes recruitment skills, and proper training of getting into the unit, proper items getting into the unit and monitoring par levels and spreadsheets.

It has been most challenging to get Central Supply to complete the job on the weekend, it rarely ever gets done. When I come to work on Monday, the job is not usually completed.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the sense of accomplishment I feel when I complete the job. I have no other co workers other then the Central Supply department that helps out. I work Monday thru Friday.

It is truly an honor to work at a hospital, I have always took pride in my work and always felt my efforts were a real asset to the hospital.
Pros
independent leadership qualities, satisfaction from job well done.
Cons
need more hours, working afternoon shift, would like better status/title
Acute care facility serving in-patients and out-patients
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIDecember 14, 2013
McLaren Oakland is a busy medical facility with a staff of dedicated and caring professionals. Co-workers are congenial making it a very desirable place to work.

2.9