McLaren Oakland

McLaren Oakland Employer Reviews

Acute care facility serving in-patients and out-patients
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee), Pontiac, MIDecember 14, 2013
McLaren Oakland is a busy medical facility with a staff of dedicated and caring professionals. Co-workers are congenial making it a very desirable place to work.
fun place to work ,very family oriented
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Pontiac, MISeptember 19, 2013
Pros: we got along well, management was wonderful, team work excellent
Cons: short of staff most of the time, unable to go on vacation with your family.
typically had 6 rooms running from 07:00 - 23:30 with cases going from : Ortho,Podiatry,General,Vascular,Urology,Gyne,Neuro and newer Robotic.averaging 16-32 cases/day.. Very fast moving pace.I Iearned to trust and work closely with my coworkers.We always pitched in to help each other.
I learned that it was unity that made all of us strive.It was everyone's – more... job.It was team work.
Management was fair,understanding and hands on.Open door policy.
My coworkers in general were also friends at times felt like second family.We had fun together in and out of the hospital.we were there for each other in time of need.
The hardest part of the job was the unpredictableness of the the call nights.On a summer weekend night or holiday you may end up with 3-4 gun shot wounds victims,and some car accidents.Sometimes we were so short of staffing but we learned to cover those shifts.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to see how many patients got well, Also getting to work and feeling that you were among family was simply superb.I loved my job. – less
McLaren Oakland Hospital
Material Handler (Current Employee), McLaren OaklandJune 12, 2013
Pros: independent leadership qualities, satisfaction from job well done.
Cons: need more hours, working afternoon shift, would like better status/title
I'm a material handler at McLaren Oakland hospital. I fill OmniCells. They are basically electronic storage units. I generally fill these units with materials and instrument sets. I have 15 units throughout the hospital.

The orders are on a scheduled inventory system that print from Central Supply, which is essentially where I pull all my orders from.

My – more... Material Management team is working hand in hand with Central Supply to assure these units are filled on the weekend. This includes recruitment skills, and proper training of getting into the unit, proper items getting into the unit and monitoring par levels and spreadsheets.

It has been most challenging to get Central Supply to complete the job on the weekend, it rarely ever gets done. When I come to work on Monday, the job is not usually completed.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the sense of accomplishment I feel when I complete the job. I have no other co workers other then the Central Supply department that helps out. I work Monday thru Friday.

It is truly an honor to work at a hospital, I have always took pride in my work and always felt my efforts were a real asset to the hospital. – less