McLaren Oakland

McLaren Oakland Employer Reviews

Acute care facility serving in-patients and out-patients
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee), Pontiac, MIDecember 14, 2013
McLaren Oakland is a busy medical facility with a staff of dedicated and caring professionals. Co-workers are congenial making it a very desirable place to work.
Can be a fun work place
Patient Access Representative II (Former Employee), Pontiac, MIAugust 22, 2013
It is a fun environment. Everyone is pretty friendly and fun.
McLaren Oakland Hospital
Material Handler (Current Employee), McLaren OaklandJune 12, 2013
Pros: independent leadership qualities, satisfaction from job well done.
Cons: need more hours, working afternoon shift, would like better status/title
I'm a material handler at McLaren Oakland hospital. I fill OmniCells. They are basically electronic storage units. I generally fill these units with materials and instrument sets. I have 15 units throughout the hospital.

The orders are on a scheduled inventory system that print from Central Supply, which is essentially where I pull all my orders from.

My – more... Material Management team is working hand in hand with Central Supply to assure these units are filled on the weekend. This includes recruitment skills, and proper training of getting into the unit, proper items getting into the unit and monitoring par levels and spreadsheets.

It has been most challenging to get Central Supply to complete the job on the weekend, it rarely ever gets done. When I come to work on Monday, the job is not usually completed.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the sense of accomplishment I feel when I complete the job. I have no other co workers other then the Central Supply department that helps out. I work Monday thru Friday.

It is truly an honor to work at a hospital, I have always took pride in my work and always felt my efforts were a real asset to the hospital. – less