McLaren Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Clinical Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 6, 2017
Challenging, diversified, and fun place to work. Have own office and able to work at your own pace. Responsible for reviewing concurrent charts for inpatient admissions.
Pros
able to work flexible schedule
positive
ER / Patient Registration (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 24, 2017
I loved working in this environment and would highly recommend it to others. I have family members that have worked 20 years and retired from McLaren.
Good people
RN Staff (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 22, 2017
Most staff members appreciate the help from agency employees. Good support from unit assistants. Security looks out for employee safety. Staff education offered to all employees.
Pros
good people
Great co-worker support
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 26, 2017
Enjoyable environment
New experiences
Great place to work fun relaxed environment, would recommend this job to anyone. The atmosphere and culture are good. They make a lot of provisions for employees to have a relaxed environment.
Cath lab
Cardiovascular Technologist (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIFebruary 26, 2017
This is a nurse oriented and union hospital. It is not accepting of technologist's knowledge and capabilities. I learned from working here how to stand up for myself and be confident in my knowledge and capabilities.
A very team oriented work place.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 15, 2016
Working in nutritional services I would help prepare the patient food trays, deliver them to the patient rooms, and also help collect the trays when the patient has finished eating. We then emptied patient trays, washed the dishes, and restocked the work areas for the next day.
Pros
Great team work and the chance to transfer to a different department
Cons
All the different germs that come with the hospital setting.
Intense, unpredictable, fun
Patient Access-Registrar (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 28, 2016
I truly enjoyed this hob as everyday was different. Being hands on, and being a part of that ER culture was amazing. I loved the co workers and felt my job made a difference.
Pros
always something new
Cons
no guaranteed breaks, lunches, management was disconnectd
Difficult Organization in which to work
Cardiovascular Service Line Director (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 31, 2015
The System is entirely focused on finance and metrics. People do not matter. Several unions in the organization make it difficult to manage.
Fast Paced
RN Step Down ICU/Progressive Care Unit/Telemetry (Former Employee) –  Flint MISeptember 7, 2015
Report, assessments, medications, treatments, documentation, education, teaching. Very supportive team and management.
12hr shifts.
Great Team Work and work culture at East Campus
Physical Therapist Assistant, PRN (Current Employee) –  Bay City MIAugust 6, 2015
A typical day has a caseload of 10 - 15 patients with a variety of medical issues from orthopedics, neuro, acute care, cardiac, stroke.

Rehab team is energetic, great energy, like their jobs and their team.

Want to know more about McLaren Regional Medical Center?

Ask a question
A day at work and what I have learned.
Distribution Clerk (Current Employee) –  Flint , MIJuly 16, 2015
When the truck is on time and the stock is reasonable to deliver and put away. We may have a few crash carts or line carts to restock and over all customer service was not extremely high. Learning is about communicating and solving problems in the area you service and establishing a partnership with the staff you service also. Management is great when they provide you with all the tools you need to do your job and effectively keep communication open.
Teamwork is essential and makes every ones job easier when we are all on the same page. The hardest part of the job is when stock is compromised and the hospital patient count is high. But you never know when its going to hit you just have to be ready when it does.
great benefits with an easy going boss
Senior Systems production Operator (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 29, 2015
Every day presented a different challenge. I have bee there since graduating high school. Some weeks/years I worked a lot of over time. Other years I didn't. the benefits are great. The allotted vacation time is unmatched by what I have seen. I have learned many things. But there is no room for advancement. So I am looking for a company that will help me grow and challenge me.
Pros
come and go ans I please. Open schedule. Make own hours
Cons
A lot of last minute work. no dicipline for employees.
Day at work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 11, 2015
A typical day at work is busy, we are normally non-stop, but get to meet many new faces, our night can be exciting and rewarding, I have a great co-worker who works as a team and not as an individual. The hardest part of my job is it being 3rd shift, I am tired and exhausted, the most enjoyable part is knowing I am collecting specimens so the doctors can treat these patients.
Patient Sitter
Patient Sitter (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 2, 2015
It is not the job for me I cannot sit there for 8 hours a day and do nothing. I need to be up and doing something. Some people I worked with were very rude and my schedule was messed up a lot which caused me to miss out on shifts and I was also called off a lot. The pay was very good though and I did enjoy the pay.
The supervisor was very helpful.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 18, 2015
This was my first nursing job, so needless to say it was very educational for me. The benefits were excellent. Room for advancement.
Productive, Friendly, Passionate company
Patient Transport (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 13, 2015
Fast paced, patient focused care. Helping those who need to get to testing or back from testing to their rooms, transporting medical documents, bio-hazardous material, and practicing sanitation and safety practices. Management is friendly and helpful, willing to work with you on your scheduling. Co-workers are supportive and are always happy to help.
Pros
high starting wage, full benifitts for Full-Time employees, and education assistance. "At Wil" scheduling
Cons
speed oriented, must have open schedule, on call 7 days a week
You only work there for the money.
registered nurse (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 6, 2015
You only work there for the money, and they know that, so they offer great pay in return for withstanding a terrible work culture, questionable corporate ethics and clinical practices, and an antagonistic upper management team.

It probably won't be long before CMS actually closes the hospital. It's already been threatened multiple times.
McLaren
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, MIJanuary 28, 2015
McLaren-Flint is a wonderful place to work for. The transition from McLaren Flint - McLaren Oakland has been challenging however, I have a great team of people I work with. A typical day at work consists of problem solving and dousing fires. The work itself is not difficult. I've learned how to multi-task and remain poised for my customers. The hardest part of the job is training new hires and training managers. The most enjoyable part is satisfying patients.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Management not open-minded to ideas
Over all it was a good company to work for.
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Flint, MichiganJanuary 15, 2015
It was long ago since I worked there but management and Co-workers were very helpful to one another, communication amongst employees was very good. The hardest part of the job was reading the different handwritings from doctors in the patients charts.
A good job that gave me much experience
Emergency Room Technician - ER (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 14, 2015
I worked at Mclaren for 7 years, and I made a decent living for myself. The work was challenging, but we had hard working people there and we all worked as a team to get the job done. Work did not interfere with my life outside of work because I did not let it. We worked 12 hour shifts, and when I came home that was my time to recharge, which I feel is important working in an emergency room in Flint, MI. The hardest part of the job was usually something different every day, whether it be a difficult patient to having limited resources as far as equipment, staff or supplies goes. We had a very heavy workload, but that comes with the job and you learn to make it work. I learned a lot at Mclaren and feel that my 15,000 + hours of direct patient care in an emergency setting has given me the skills to appropriately manage a variety of challenging workplace settings.
Pros
great learning atmosphere, new and different experiences every day, strong team atmosphere
Cons
very heavy workload with minimal staff, limited resources