McLaren Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Difficult Organization in which to work
Cardiovascular Service Line Director (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 31, 2015
The System is entirely focused on finance and metrics. People do not matter. Several unions in the organization make it difficult to manage.
Fast Paced
RN Step Down ICU/Progressive Care Unit/Telemetry (Former Employee) –  Flint MISeptember 7, 2015
Report, assessments, medications, treatments, documentation, education, teaching. Very supportive team and management.
12hr shifts.
Great Team Work and work culture at East Campus
Physical Therapist Assistant, PRN (Current Employee) –  Bay City MIAugust 6, 2015
A typical day has a caseload of 10 - 15 patients with a variety of medical issues from orthopedics, neuro, acute care, cardiac, stroke.

Rehab team is energetic, great energy, like their jobs and their team.
A day at work and what I have learned.
Distribution Clerk (Current Employee) –  Flint , MIJuly 16, 2015
When the truck is on time and the stock is reasonable to deliver and put away. We may have a few crash carts or line carts to restock and over all customer service was not extremely high. Learning is about communicating and solving problems in the area you service and establishing a partnership with the staff you service also. Management is great when they provide you with all the tools you need to do your job and effectively keep communication open.
Teamwork is essential and makes every ones job easier when we are all on the same page. The hardest part of the job is when stock is compromised and the hospital patient count is high. But you never know when its going to hit you just have to be ready when it does.
great benefits with an easy going boss
Senior Systems production Operator (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 29, 2015
Every day presented a different challenge. I have bee there since graduating high school. Some weeks/years I worked a lot of over time. Other years I didn't. the benefits are great. The allotted vacation time is unmatched by what I have seen. I have learned many things. But there is no room for advancement. So I am looking for a company that will help me grow and challenge me.
Pros
come and go ans I please. Open schedule. Make own hours
Cons
A lot of last minute work. no dicipline for employees.
Day at work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 11, 2015
A typical day at work is busy, we are normally non-stop, but get to meet many new faces, our night can be exciting and rewarding, I have a great co-worker who works as a team and not as an individual. The hardest part of my job is it being 3rd shift, I am tired and exhausted, the most enjoyable part is knowing I am collecting specimens so the doctors can treat these patients.
Patient Sitter
Patient Sitter (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 2, 2015
It is not the job for me I cannot sit there for 8 hours a day and do nothing. I need to be up and doing something. Some people I worked with were very rude and my schedule was messed up a lot which caused me to miss out on shifts and I was also called off a lot. The pay was very good though and I did enjoy the pay.
The supervisor was very helpful.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 18, 2015
This was my first nursing job, so needless to say it was very educational for me. The benefits were excellent. Room for advancement.
Productive, Friendly, Passionate company
Patient Transport (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 13, 2015
Fast paced, patient focused care. Helping those who need to get to testing or back from testing to their rooms, transporting medical documents, bio-hazardous material, and practicing sanitation and safety practices. Management is friendly and helpful, willing to work with you on your scheduling. Co-workers are supportive and are always happy to help.
Pros
high starting wage, full benifitts for full-time employees, and education assistance. "at wil" scheduling
Cons
speed oriented, must have open schedule, on call 7 days a week
You only work there for the money.
registered nurse (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 6, 2015
You only work there for the money, and they know that, so they offer great pay in return for withstanding a terrible work culture, questionable corporate ethics and clinical practices, and an antagonistic upper management team.

It probably won't be long before CMS actually closes the hospital. It's already been threatened multiple times.
McLaren
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, MIJanuary 28, 2015
McLaren-Flint is a wonderful place to work for. The transition from McLaren Flint - McLaren Oakland has been challenging however, I have a great team of people I work with. A typical day at work consists of problem solving and dousing fires. The work itself is not difficult. I've learned how to multi-task and remain poised for my customers. The hardest part of the job is training new hires and training managers. The most enjoyable part is satisfying patients.
Pros
great team
Cons
management not open-minded to ideas
Over all it was a good company to work for.
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Flint, MichiganJanuary 15, 2015
It was long ago since I worked there but management and Co-workers were very helpful to one another, communication amongst employees was very good. The hardest part of the job was reading the different handwritings from doctors in the patients charts.
A good job that gave me much experience
Emergency Room Technician - ER (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 14, 2015
I worked at Mclaren for 7 years, and I made a decent living for myself. The work was challenging, but we had hard working people there and we all worked as a team to get the job done. Work did not interfere with my life outside of work because I did not let it. We worked 12 hour shifts, and when I came home that was my time to recharge, which I feel is important working in an emergency room in Flint, MI. The hardest part of the job was usually something different every day, whether it be a difficult patient to having limited resources as far as equipment, staff or supplies goes. We had a very heavy workload, but that comes with the job and you learn to make it work. I learned a lot at Mclaren and feel that my 15,000 + hours of direct patient care in an emergency setting has given me the skills to appropriately manage a variety of challenging workplace settings.
Pros
great learning atmosphere, new and different experiences every day, strong team atmosphere
Cons
very heavy workload with minimal staff, limited resources
Very productive, Great place to work
Phlebotomy Tech/ Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 21, 2014
Busy work days, a variety of co-workers, a lot of different patient/staff interaction due to working in a busy hospital. Best part of the job was learning the microbiology department.
Decent
Switchboard Operator/Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 3, 2014
The pay was above average but management showed a lot of favortism
Mclaren Regional Medical Center
Manager & Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 25, 2014
MRMC itself is an amazing place to work; a typical day always involves varying challenges or methods to plan about your case load. All staff and clients at MRMC are great work with.

However; Relating to the IT department.

MRMC had recently outsourced it's IT department to a company from India and things have done down hill severely. Higher Management has been given to unqualified staff who don't understand the mechanics of how IT or management works.
Pros
environment and job functions
Cons
management and poor communication
Staff Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 14, 2014
Big corporation hospital. The hardest part of the job, is seeing cancer patients.
productive and friendly environment
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 17, 2014
caring staff, friendly staff, productive and friendly environment
ER enviornment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 3, 2014
ER is generally a very busy workplace. High stress atmosphere. I've learned my skills necessary to do my job.
Very good company
Medical Assistant/ Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  oakland, mkMarch 30, 2014
Fast pace very busy love working with others coworkers work together
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
not enough hours

2.6