McLaren Regional Medical Center

McLaren Regional Medical Center Employer Reviews

McLaren
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee), Clarkston, MIJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: great team
Cons: management not open-minded to ideas
McLaren-Flint is a wonderful place to work for. The transition from McLaren Flint - McLaren Oakland has been challenging however, I have a great team of people I work with. A typical day at work consists of problem solving and dousing fires. The work itself is not difficult. I've learned how to multi-task and remain poised for my customers. The hardest part of the job is training new hires and training managers. The most enjoyable part is satisfying patients.
Over all it was a good company to work for.
Unit Clerk (Former Employee), Flint, MichiganJanuary 15, 2015
It was long ago since I worked there but management and Co-workers were very helpful to one another, communication amongst employees was very good. The hardest part of the job was reading the different handwritings from doctors in the patients charts.
A good job that gave me much experience
Emergency Room Technician - ER (Current Employee), Flint, MIJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: great learning atmosphere, new and different experiences every day, strong team atmosphere
Cons: very heavy workload with minimal staff, limited resources
I worked at Mclaren for 7 years, and I made a decent living for myself. The work was challenging, but we had hard working people there and we all worked as a team to get the job done. Work did not interfere with my life outside of work because I did not let it. We worked 12 hour shifts, and when I came home that was my time to recharge, which I feel is important working in an emergency room in Flint, MI. The hardest part of the job was usually something different every day, whether it be a difficult patient to having limited resources as far as equipment, staff or supplies goes. We had a very heavy workload, but that comes with the job and you learn to make it work. I learned a lot at Mclaren and feel that my 15,000 + hours of direct patient care in an emergency setting has given me the skills to appropriately manage a variety of challenging workplace settings.
Very productive, Great place to work
Phlebotomy Tech/ Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Flint, MINovember 21, 2014
Busy work days, a variety of co-workers, a lot of different patient/staff interaction due to working in a busy hospital. Best part of the job was learning the microbiology department.
Decent
Switchboard Operator/Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Flint, MINovember 3, 2014
The pay was above average but management showed a lot of favortism
Mclaren Regional Medical Center
Manager & Field Service Engineer (Current Employee), Flint, MIAugust 25, 2014
Pros: environment and job functions
Cons: management and poor communication
MRMC itself is an amazing place to work; a typical day always involves varying challenges or methods to plan about your case load. All staff and clients at MRMC are great work with.

However; Relating to the IT department.

MRMC had recently outsourced it's IT department to a company from India and things have done down hill severely. Higher Management has been given to unqualified staff who don't understand the mechanics of how IT or management works.
Staff Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee), Flint, MIAugust 14, 2014
Big corporation hospital. The hardest part of the job, is seeing cancer patients.
productive and friendly environment
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Flint, MIJune 17, 2014
caring staff, friendly staff, productive and friendly environment
ER enviornment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Flint, MIJune 3, 2014
ER is generally a very busy workplace. High stress atmosphere. I've learned my skills necessary to do my job.
Very good company
Medical Assistant/ Medical Receptionist (Current Employee), oakland, mkMarch 30, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: not enough hours
Fast pace very busy love working with others coworkers work together
Laboratory
PRN Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Mount Clemens, MIMarch 14, 2014
Cut backs affect all laboratories. This place wasn't as bad to work at as some...
worker relationships
Ultrasound Technologist/vascular tech (Current Employee), Flint, MIJanuary 29, 2014
Enjoy working with patients especially older patient they are so interesting
Prefer the very busy days I like feeling that I have done a productive day
Coworkers are good technologists also like interacting with different departments
Good Pay :S
CT Technologist (Current Employee), Flint, MIJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: environment
The Issue with working in Mclaren is the type of people you are exposed to. Due to the high crime rate and low income of the area a majority of your patient's tend to be disgruntled and typically difficult. The management is a little lacking of strict direction and the staff tends to resent each other. But the positive side to working here is that it is good steady pay.
Fast pace, fun
Externship (Former Employee), Flint, MIDecember 4, 2013
Pros: everyone was willing to teach, supervisors were nice
Cons: short breaks, people i worked with seemed unhappy with their job
I liked the job but I did feel because I was doing a internship I didn't get the full experience that was needed, and I'm still un aware of certain things.
Love love loved my job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Flint, MINovember 28, 2013
I absolutely loved working here they made me feel like family. This was my very first hospital I worked at.
Fun workplace.
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee), Flint, MIAugust 12, 2013
Loved working here. They made you feel like family. Always busy with patients or helping nurses out.
Lack of accountability for lots of lost lives
Nutritional service worker (Former Employee), 401 S. Ballenger HwyJune 20, 2013
Pros: taking a pretty picture for your work badge
Cons: health test given periodically for tb
A typical day at work would be seeing lot's of sick patients,walking into rooms of deceased patients with food trays being passed out. I learned to keep a positive mind set daily.There was lots of managers but they were cool,they kept everything afloat. All the workers worked as a team and got along good. The hardest part of the job was trying to get your 1040 hours in but having to get your hrs by the next employee that decided to take a day off, Be it 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift you would have to work it. The most enjoyable part of the job was taking a lunch break they had delicious food.
always friends and overall a great place to work
Unit Coordinator/Registration Clerk (Former Employee), Flint, MIJune 14, 2013
always friends and overall a great place to workalways friends and overall a great place to work
fun work place
Monitor Tech (Former Employee), Flint, MIMay 16, 2013
Great co-workers
Great benefits
Great job to better your self
good job for close to home.
Utilization Mgt. Coordinator (Former Employee), flint, MIMay 4, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: at will employment
I learned a lot at this employer. I have always been a stellar employee who has autonomy and is highly trusted. Management recently changed and I was viewed as intimidation so let go.
My co-workers were great and I have received lots of comments and concern about the unfairness of the circumstance. The hardest part of the job was managing the department when we had no manager. The most enjoyable part of the jobs was protecting revenue.

About McLaren Regional Medical Center

McLaren Health Care is where people in The Auto State go for repairs. The health care system includes some 200 facilities, including nine – Read more