McLaren Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

A very team oriented work place.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 15, 2016
Working in nutritional services I would help prepare the patient food trays, deliver them to the patient rooms, and also help collect the trays when the patient has finished eating. We then emptied patient trays, washed the dishes, and restocked the work areas for the next day.
Pros
Great team work and the chance to transfer to a different department
Cons
All the different germs that come with the hospital setting.
Intense, unpredictable, fun
Patient Access-Registrar (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 28, 2016
I truly enjoyed this hob as everyday was different. Being hands on, and being a part of that ER culture was amazing. I loved the co workers and felt my job made a difference.
Pros
always something new
Cons
no guaranteed breaks, lunches, management was disconnectd
great benefits with an easy going boss
Senior Systems production Operator (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 29, 2015
Every day presented a different challenge. I have bee there since graduating high school. Some weeks/years I worked a lot of over time. Other years I didn't. the benefits are great. The allotted vacation time is unmatched by what I have seen. I have learned many things. But there is no room for advancement. So I am looking for a company that will help me grow and challenge me.
Pros
come and go ans I please. Open schedule. Make own hours
Cons
A lot of last minute work. no dicipline for employees.
Not good
clerk (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 6, 2012
Does not value employees, and puts spending money on stupid things above giving promised and due raises. Management not trained well enough to handle problems.Corporate BS definitely in place here, if you don't play the games, you don't get anywhere.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor management, jobs well done un-noticed, corporate bs, overspending
A day at work and what I have learned.
Distribution Clerk (Current Employee) –  Flint , MIJuly 16, 2015
When the truck is on time and the stock is reasonable to deliver and put away. We may have a few crash carts or line carts to restock and over all customer service was not extremely high. Learning is about communicating and solving problems in the area you service and establishing a partnership with the staff you service also. Management is great when they provide you with all the tools you need to do your job and effectively keep communication open.
Teamwork is essential and makes every ones job easier when we are all on the same page. The hardest part of the job is when stock is compromised and the hospital patient count is high. But you never know when its going to hit you just have to be ready when it does.
You only work there for the money.
registered nurse (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 6, 2015
You only work there for the money, and they know that, so they offer great pay in return for withstanding a terrible work culture, questionable corporate ethics and clinical practices, and an antagonistic upper management team.

It probably won't be long before CMS actually closes the hospital. It's already been threatened multiple times.
McLaren
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, MIJanuary 28, 2015
McLaren-Flint is a wonderful place to work for. The transition from McLaren Flint - McLaren Oakland has been challenging however, I have a great team of people I work with. A typical day at work consists of problem solving and dousing fires. The work itself is not difficult. I've learned how to multi-task and remain poised for my customers. The hardest part of the job is training new hires and training managers. The most enjoyable part is satisfying patients.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Management not open-minded to ideas
The supervisor was very helpful.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 18, 2015
This was my first nursing job, so needless to say it was very educational for me. The benefits were excellent. Room for advancement.
Productive, Friendly, Passionate company
Patient Transport (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 13, 2015
Fast paced, patient focused care. Helping those who need to get to testing or back from testing to their rooms, transporting medical documents, bio-hazardous material, and practicing sanitation and safety practices. Management is friendly and helpful, willing to work with you on your scheduling. Co-workers are supportive and are always happy to help.
Pros
high starting wage, full benifitts for Full-Time employees, and education assistance. "At Wil" scheduling
Cons
speed oriented, must have open schedule, on call 7 days a week
Mclaren Regional Medical Center
Manager & Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 25, 2014
MRMC itself is an amazing place to work; a typical day always involves varying challenges or methods to plan about your case load. All staff and clients at MRMC are great work with.

However; Relating to the IT department.

MRMC had recently outsourced it's IT department to a company from India and things have done down hill severely. Higher Management has been given to unqualified staff who don't understand the mechanics of how IT or management works.
Pros
Environment and job functions
Cons
Management and poor communication
good job for close to home.
Utilization Mgt. Coordinator (Former Employee) –  flint, MIMay 4, 2013
I learned a lot at this employer. I have always been a stellar employee who has autonomy and is highly trusted. Management recently changed and I was viewed as intimidation so let go.
My co-workers were great and I have received lots of comments and concern about the unfairness of the circumstance. The hardest part of the job was managing the department when we had no manager. The most enjoyable part of the jobs was protecting revenue.
Pros
close to home
Cons
at will employment
Fast Paced
RN Step Down ICU/Progressive Care Unit/Telemetry (Former Employee) –  Flint MISeptember 7, 2015
Report, assessments, medications, treatments, documentation, education, teaching. Very supportive team and management.
12hr shifts.
Underpayed, very unorganized management, enjoyed helping patients
Clincal Services (Former Employee) –  Mount ClemensNovember 30, 2012
Management has favorites as far as scheduling, patient care nursing departments always understaffed because of low wages compared to local hospitals, I enjoyed meeting new patients, rarely received all breaks and lunch periods on shifts.
Pros
helping patients
Cons
low pay, understaffed, management has favorites for scheduling
Good Pay :S
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 26, 2014
The Issue with working in Mclaren is the type of people you are exposed to. Due to the high crime rate and low income of the area a majority of your patient's tend to be disgruntled and typically difficult. The management is a little lacking of strict direction and the staff tends to resent each other. But the positive side to working here is that it is good steady pay.
Pros
Money
Cons
Environment
Customer Service
Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 1, 2012
I started as a cashier and made my way to management. I wrote schedules, evaluations, learned excellent communication, delegation, autonomy, collabortion with others including my employees. I was a manager who my employees felt comfortable coming to witb questikns or concerns.
Over all it was a good company to work for.
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Flint, MichiganJanuary 15, 2015
It was long ago since I worked there but management and Co-workers were very helpful to one another, communication amongst employees was very good. The hardest part of the job was reading the different handwritings from doctors in the patients charts.
Lack of accountability for lots of lost lives
Nutritional service worker (Former Employee) –  401 S. Ballenger HwyJune 20, 2013
A typical day at work would be seeing lot's of sick patients,walking into rooms of deceased patients with food trays being passed out. I learned to keep a positive mind set daily.There was lots of managers but they were cool,they kept everything afloat. All the workers worked as a team and got along good. The hardest part of the job was trying to get your 1040 hours in but having to get your hrs by the next employee that decided to take a day off, Be it 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift you would have to work it. The most enjoyable part of the job was taking a lunch break they had delicious food.
Pros
Taking a pretty picture for your work badge
Cons
health test given periodically for TB
A good job that gave me much experience
Emergency Room Technician - ER (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 14, 2015
I worked at Mclaren for 7 years, and I made a decent living for myself. The work was challenging, but we had hard working people there and we all worked as a team to get the job done. Work did not interfere with my life outside of work because I did not let it. We worked 12 hour shifts, and when I came home that was my time to recharge, which I feel is important working in an emergency room in Flint, MI. The hardest part of the job was usually something different every day, whether it be a difficult patient to having limited resources as far as equipment, staff or supplies goes. We had a very heavy workload, but that comes with the job and you learn to make it work. I learned a lot at Mclaren and feel that my 15,000 + hours of direct patient care in an emergency setting has given me the skills to appropriately manage a variety of challenging workplace settings.
Pros
great learning atmosphere, new and different experiences every day, strong team atmosphere
Cons
very heavy workload with minimal staff, limited resources
Difficult Organization in which to work
Cardiovascular Service Line Director (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 31, 2015
The System is entirely focused on finance and metrics. People do not matter. Several unions in the organization make it difficult to manage.
fun work place
Monitor Tech (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 16, 2013
Great co-workers
Great benefits
Great job to better your self

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McLaren Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7