McLaughlin Body Company Employee Reviews

Great Place To Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCOctober 23, 2017
One of the best places I have ever worked. Employees are treated very well, and new business is coming. Management team is top notch, and the plant leader is the best I have ever seen. He cares about the employees.
Pros
4 day work week!
Decent Place to Work
Buyer (Temp Position) (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILAugust 26, 2017
Nice place to work. Friendly atmosphere. Decent pay. Just a temporary position, but was good experience while working there. Would work there again, if given the opportunity.
Don't do it
Lead (Current Employee) –  Quad CitiesJuly 9, 2017
McLaughlin has a history of working you hard and drop you like a ton of bricks. Complete swear shop. Save youself tbe time an don't do it. The only benifit is the pay but it wont last
Pros
Not many management pay is so so.
Cons
Never know what time you're off. Management treats workers bad.
Dont work here
prefer not to say (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCMay 6, 2016
This company is a fly by the seat of your pants kind of place. Favoritism is rampant, job expectations are not communicated and the chosen few who "run" the place are clueless and protect their positions by witholding information and schmoozing with management. Truly a sinking ship. Work here if you REALLY need a job, but i suggest finding a more professional organization.
Pros
expectations are obviously low, easy to shine
Cons
lack of mature management with vision, factionalism
no stability. lacking quality leadership
Operations Manager/ Continuous Improvement Manager (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCDecember 8, 2015
Focus is misguided. No culture, nor is there a management relationship with hourly employees. There is no loyalty to employees. Hours are too long to sustain productive environment.
A good way to make money
Metal Finisher (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCOctober 11, 2015
New company trying to become profitable, by innovative techniques to get the product out the door to satify customers. The hardest part of the job was the work/life balance
ups and downs
utility operator (Former Employee) –  East Moline, ILJune 26, 2015
not very stable rite now and I worked there for 15 years. im no longer working there. quit to better myself, mcglaughlin body co is a company that is very hard to figure out sometimes but it definitely needs improvement
Long hours, but great co-workers
Cab Sealer/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILApril 18, 2015
A day at work could be anywhere from 8- 12 hours depending on how the line runs. Hardest part of the job is being there long hours and not having enough time with family. I get long with the people I work with.
Pros
Decent pay
it is a sweat shop
paint dept (Current Employee) –  Rock IslandMay 7, 2013
There is no regard for your family life .They expect more and more and no incentive but a paycheck. They want you to work unlimited overtime. They have no respect for our union.
Welder (Current Employee) –  Rock Island, ILMarch 2, 2013
I have welded here for 16+ year and enjoy what I do. Even though some jobs can be challenging, I can really count on the company to help me through the problems/issues. I also get paid well with my incentive and profit sharing. The benefits are also a plus.
Pros
the company
Cons
negative co-workers

Want to know more about McLaughlin Body Company?

Ask a question
Great place to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fork truck operator (Current Employee) –  entireFebruary 26, 2013
Upper level management has a good grasp on the direction of the company. I have received a yearly profit sharing bonus every year I have worked here. Not bad concidering the economy. The production supervisors are GREAT people to work for and have supurb leadership abilities. I have worked for most of them, and can say they really care about the employees.
Pros
terrific team enviroment
Cons
co-workers that are here just for quick cash not a long career
Human resources terrible with employee relations. Poor quality and managment
assembler (Current Employee) –  rock islandFebruary 15, 2013
No union representation when needed. Company doesn't take care of employees, niether does our union. I work as an assembler, and I've seen the quality that we put out and I wouldn't buy anything this company produces. "We make it work" should be the company's motto. We also have 3 plant managers for 250 people.
Pros
health and dental good
Cons
human resources, managment, quality, saftey, engineering, sales, re work
It's a job
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILJanuary 28, 2013
Unfortunately, there are a lot of lay offs and uncertainty about work. Co-workers are good.
Poor public relations between management and workers,low morale among employees
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Moline IlJanuary 5, 2013
No leadership,plant in desperate need of repair,machines break down on daily bases, assemblers cant make a good rate on piece work, their always running out of parts,low wages,12 hour days and high turn over of employees, this business has lost many contracts because of poor quality.
Cons
low wages, poor managers.
Company Needs Leadership
former employee (Former Employee) –  quad cities, illinoisAugust 13, 2012
The company is in disarray. Retention of new factory workers is only 15% after three months. The Industrial Engineers spend too much of their time justifying bonus rates rather than fixing fundamental flaws in the processes. Too much reliance on tribal knowledge. Quality is an after thought, so many aspects of the company as crisis management is the rule of the day.

Lots of drama in this company...
Pros
not enough to offset the cons, but good benefits
Cons
too many family and freinds of the family, creates factionalism.
Cohesive workplace with constantly changing challenges
Accounting Intern (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILApril 25, 2012
Throughout the week I will prepare a weekly budget that is sent out to top level managers, excess and obsolete reports on inventory, aging reports for payments past due, KPI reports, and many other key statements/updates.

One of the most important things that i've learned is that communication is crucial in a good working team.

My superiors genuinely care about each employee and always do their best to thank them on a regular basis.

The most challenging part of the job is determining where and who to contact when information is needed.
employee has good relationship with the supervisor and HR personel
Assembly/ Laser Operator (Former Employee) –  East Moline, ILMarch 23, 2012
We do work from monday to saturday; i worked in 2nd shift due to my school schedule; we did pretty much 10 hours and sometimes 12 hours; i have learned many things such as how to assemble a header with different part. i also know how properly adjust the hydraulic to the setup requirement.everything was fine except that we usually have down time due to missing part and that was the reason why we got lay off. in my opinion the job was not hard but we need to be very fast as possible.The most enjoyable part of the job is when we have everything we need te get the job done properly and that time the job seems to be a peace of cake for everyone.
Pros
we did have good pay
Cons
boring, without a part

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McLaughlin Body Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7