McLean Hospital

McLean Hospital Employee Reviews

best job i ever had
HVAC Technician (Former Employee), Belmont, MAJanuary 25, 2015
I relayed like the job because my boss was a great guy and teacher to me I hated be laid off would have never left.
great place to work, great staff and clientele
Dietary Services Technician (Current Employee), Belmont, MANovember 19, 2014
i love working there, its been three years and i love there, i am just ready for a different path
Good group atmosphere where my input is valued.
Statistical Programmer/Analyst (Current Employee), Belmont, MANovember 11, 2014
I'm allowed to be very independent, and my opinions are appreciated as part of a close-knit team.
Excellent place to work my boss who is an MD is amazing to work for I have learned so much from him
Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee), Belmont, MASeptember 26, 2014
Pros: hospital administration is always doing some type of function to recognize employees
Cons: budget restraints for patient care
A busy day every day. Combination of patient care and administration functions. Not a day goes by that I do not learn something or teach something new. My boss is one heck of a MD I learn alot from him with regards to patient care and administration. My co workers are the best they some of them are in recovery themselves and lead the way for the patients to turn their lives around. I respect each and every one of them for what they have been through and what they bring to the table The hardest part is the staff scheduling.Everyone needs their time off and with staffing shortage it makes it very hard to accommadate them while still maintaining a budget. The most enjoyable part is getting a patient in through the doors and watching my team of Drs, nurses and CRCs do their magic and work their job in getting the patient on the right track.
Very Professional, efficient workplace.
Development Officer/Campaign Manager (Former Employee), Belmont, MAJuly 1, 2014
Very professional, efficient workplace. Plenty of opportunity to advance your education, and career.
• Attended conferences on psychopharmacology & behavioral management
RN Psychiatric Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Belmont, MAApril 8, 2014
• Attended conferences on psychopharmacology & behavioral management
productive environment
Nursing Student Clinical Rotation (Current Employee), Middleboro, MAMarch 10, 2014
typical day of shadowing nurses, and learning about the different patients that come in and out.
Challenging and rewarding
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Belmont, MAFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: free parking
McLean values the nursing staff, I truly feel part of a multi-disciplinary team when discussing patient care.
Fantastic Opportunity to Learn
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee), Belmont, MAJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: quality of medical team
Cons: pay
I have really enjoyed my experience with McLean Hospital and am looking to further the skills they have taught me. There are plenty of opportunities to get involved and the psychiatrists and nursing team is happy to review information with you.
excellent hospital and opportunity
Head nurse and supervisor (Former Employee), Belmont, MADecember 28, 2013
enjoyed a great experience supervisor and head nurse throughout the hospital, great institituion and training
Great work environment
Community Resource Counselor (Former Employee), Belmont, MANovember 9, 2013
Pros: not available.
Cons: not available
Great team work and collaboration. Great experience as well as being part of a team on the same page. I recommend it.
Very Positive Experience
Clinical social worker (Former Employee), Belmont, MAOctober 20, 2013
Pros: weekly ceu
Cons: i took a pay cut
I enjoyed my time there, and I continue to work as a per diem. I enjoyed the weekly ongoing educational seminars offered at no cost. I worked with an excellent team, and the case load was manageable. I had an outstanding supervisor, who was frequently available. I would recommend anyone to apply at McLean Hospital.
Great psychiatric facility
RN (Current Employee), Belmont, MASeptember 10, 2013
The facility and values are second to none. As nursing staff, I have noticed that the primary focus of management is toward psychiatrists and research and unfortunately the nursing staff isn't as valued. The benefits, however, are very good and competitive (3 weeks vacation for RNs, for example). The salary is low for such an acclaimed institution. The administrators are focused on finances, and overall I feel the hospital could be much better run if the 'higher-ups' were more conscientious of staff and patients rather than money and their reputation. I do enjoy my job very much but feel I could be much happier if these issues were resolved.
Busy and productive with team environment and while working to bring excellent care to patients.
Registered Nurse - (Current Employee), Belmont, MAJuly 31, 2013
I've learned so much throught this experience and has taught me who I want to be as a person, a leader, nurse and coworker. The patients have taught me as much as my colleagues. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you make a connection with a patient and make them feel cared for.
Excellent learning experience
Mental Health Counselor; social work intern (Former Employee), Belmont, MAJuly 13, 2013
Pros: workshops by some of the top mental health providers in the country
I worked with some of the best psychiatrists and psychlogists in the country and I am forever grateful for all I learned in the mental health field. I was able to work in many different locked units, including the getriatric dementia/alzheimers unit and the psychiatric disorders unit. There was no such thing as a "typical day" at McLean Hospital. There were quiet, laid back days where I was able to spend quality time with the patients and run groups, and there were other days wihich were hectic and stressful. My co-workers were wonderful. We all worked as a unit and we were all totally invested in helping our clients. I learned more about the mental health field working at McLean than I learned in social work school.
Great work environment, gained a lot of experience working with people.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Belmont, MAMay 16, 2013
Pros: built like a little family, free food, great work environment.
Cons: it was hot and sweaty in there, the uniforms weren't very nice.
I loved working there. I built life long relationships with some of my co-workers. I was trained in every position and I was a really quick learner. I learned how to work under pressure. My bosses grew to really like me for my hard work and very trust-worthy of me. I loved satisfying my customers. I got to know them on a personal level.
Fast-paced, widely educational
Individual therapist intern (Current Employee), Belmont, MAFebruary 6, 2013
McLean is the best place for in depth learning about mental health. It requires autonomy from it's employees and intense drive.
Great experience for a brief period of time
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee), Belmont, MADecember 13, 2012
Pros: camaraderie, experience, benefits (vacation, sick days, healthcare)
Cons: working weekends, difficult patients, not enough debriefing
My coworkers and superiors are all passionate about patient care, which is something I love. I also enjoy working with the patients and seeing people get better. However, the pay isn't that good, but poor pay comes with working in the mental health system. The job really follows you home. A stressful day will make you snap at everyone and there's really nothing you can do about it, considering MOST days are stressful days. The job is inherently difficult, but it's also very rewarding. I recommend the experience to anyone, but be planning your next step as soon as you start. Otherwise this job will eat you alive.
Exciting place to work, forerunners in psychiatric field
Clinical Research Assistant (Current Employee), Belmont, MAJune 7, 2012
Pros: good team work, excellent place to continue working at over the years
Cons: work can be demanding, but it is rewarding
Excellent supervisor!

Enjoy the variety of volunteers I work with.

Screening volunteers for the clinical trials is intriguing and helps develop solid interpersonal skills.

Adminster neuropsych assessments
challenging job; interesting work; great team; bad management
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee), Belmont, MAMay 29, 2012
Interesting work with mentally ill patients; I learned the art of patience and customer service; the best part of the job was helping sick patients; the worst part was dealing the nasty, brutal nurse manager.

About McLean Hospital

The researchers and teachers at McLean Hospital are into heady topics. McLean Hospital, a major teaching facility of Harvard Medical – Read more