MCLENNAN COMMUNITY COLLEGE

MCLENNAN COMMUNITY COLLEGE Employer Reviews

Mclennan Community College
Full Time Student (Current Employee), Waco, TXMarch 7, 2015
Pros: future better pay, once i earn my degree
Cons: homework
A typical Monday begins with my Word Processing class at 8 a.m. My professor is a very good teacher. We spend the hour learning more in depth about the functions in Word. The how too's of it all, for example how to set margins, tabs, and create memo's, business letters and resumes. Then after class I go to the computer lab where I will work on homework assignments until my next class at 11:10 a.m. So at that time I go into Intro to Law and take notes during the Lecture that our Professor gives us on being a paralegal. We learn the statutes, courts, documents and steps it takes to finish a law suit. After that class is over I either go back to the Lab to work on my homework for my other classes like Algebra,Spreadsheets and Civil Litigation, or if I am done, I go ahead and head to the parking lot to go home. My Co-workers are my peers and they are great, very supportive and helpful. The hardest part of it is the amount of homework we get from each class and balancing it all. The most enjoyable part of it is the opportunity to get to go to school and learn these awesome new skills and the knowledge that my future looks bright.
Good Place to work
Adjunct Professor of Psychology (Current Employee), Waco, TXFebruary 5, 2015
Working with these professionals has been an absolute honor and I would not want to teach anywhere else! The leadership at MCC is by far the best in the business.
Best Job I Will Ever Have
Adjunct Professor of Learning Frameworks (Current Employee), Waco, TXJanuary 26, 2015
I love this place! They are an awesome group of people. It will always be "the best job I've ever had." The administration is good and the staff care about the students. McLennan provides accessible and affordable education that is quality. Students leave McLennan and go on to do great things!
Students
Student Accounts Assistant (Former Employee), Waco, TXDecember 4, 2014
Pros: work schedule, flexibility to continue education
I truly enjoyed working with the students. I felt my contribution to the institution was making a difference in our community with every student I assisted in getting closer to reaching their educational goals.
Best Job Ever!!
Call Center Specialist (Former Employee), Highlander CentralOctober 3, 2014
Pros: great support from co-workers & management, flexibility with family
Cons: temporary
Working as a Call Center Specialist was the best job ever!! Never a dull moment when phones ringing back to back during enrollment periods and always learning how to be prepared for any situation if it happened. Co-workers were awesome and helped out without complaint. Management was behind you and would take input from employees on how to improve the job. My position was temporary. :( I loved this job!
Nice Working enviroment.
Admissions & Recruitment Officer (Former Employee), waco texasAugust 25, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: relutant leadership
Most employees and supervisors are caring and friendly. Flexible working hours
Best Job
Career Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Waco, TXJune 24, 2014
This is a family friendly and supportive place to work. The compensation isn't awesome, but for it being a community college, it is acceptable.
Did not care for the supervisor
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Waco, TXMarch 6, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: crabby supervisor
A typical day at work involved typing policy revisions, answering phones, keeping the President's calendar up-to-date.
Very friendly and comfortable school to work for
Adjunct Faculty, Microbiology (Current Employee), Waco, TXSeptember 25, 2013
When I first saw the labs in the science department at this community college I was in awe. The labs are so up to date and better than the labs I've taught in at larger universities. The campus is beautiful and easy to get around on. The faculty are friendly and helpful, which was especially important to me as a new educator.
productive and fun work place
Tutor (Former Employee), Waco, TXMay 29, 2013
Pros: good team work
Cons: no health coverage for employee
productive and fun work place. It was okay. I had a great time there.
Very busy work environment
Business Office Clerk (Former Employee), Waco, TXMay 2, 2013
Took payments from students and helped them with their schedules.
Maintained files in Excel for fines on campus. I learned about students and how to be a team player. I also handled cash drawer so I learned how to manage cash drawer and balance at the end of day.
The hardest part of job was maintaining large amounts of cash and telling students when they had a fine. The most enjoyable part was working as a team and working with the students.
Great people and great place to work at...
Supplemental Instructor/Admissions (Former Employee), Waco, TXDecember 20, 2012
I learned a lot from the staff and the upper management was wonderful to work with. Everyone was very personable, polite, and professional. The hardest part of the job I would have to say is the amount of paperwork and correct procedures that come with it but even that is not a lot once a person gets the hang of it! The most enjoyable part is all the people that you meet, not only the staff and admin but the students as well. Over all a very full filling place and job to work at!
Able to assist students with bedside patient care. I love giving back!
Clinical Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Waco, TXAugust 30, 2012
Pros: able to help others including patients.
Cons: evening shift
This job is ideal. I enjoy being a clinical instructor. However this is a part-time position.
it's a good place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Waco, TXApril 23, 2012
The people are good to work with but as far as equal opportunity . I feel like you have to know the right people
Decent place, great people!
work study (Former Employee), waco, txMarch 13, 2012
Pros: flexibility
Cons: pay
worked there as a work study while going to college, the faculty was really flexible with my work hours and college class hours!
Strong educational environment with professional colleagues
Waco, TX (Former Employee), Coordinator, Visual Arts DepartmentNovember 8, 2011
Pros: focus on education, technology and learning, professional development, active fine arts
McLennan Community College is an institution that focuses on education and the process of learning strategies for their students. There is a high level of professionalism and collegiality, as well as a family-like atmosphere that makes the college a great place to work.

About MCLENNAN COMMUNITY COLLEGE

Located in Waco, Texas, MCC was established in 1965 by the citizens of McLennan County. MCC was the first junior college in Texas – Read more