MCLENNAN COMMUNITY COLLEGE Employee Reviews

student
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 24, 2016
good school, good value, fair teachers, good value education for the greater Waco area. worth it. i was a full time student.
Extremely relaxed but productive work environment.
Part Time PC Tech (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 14, 2016
The environment is incredibly relaxed. Supervisors have a very hands-off approach with me and other part-timers, which allows us to seek out projects to do, and help other technicians with their assigned projects.
Flexible hours, civil academic environment
Nursing Professor in the Associate Degree Program (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 19, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is the students I teach and the faculty that I work with. However, administration does not always support the faculty.
Pros
Academic environment
Cons
Paid is lowering here than other forms of nursing
first vs last
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXOctober 19, 2015
my first year in college was exciting and terrifying! I made good grades and overloaded myself with plenty to do. My last year in college was much like the first, I had begun my second language portion of my education and was loving the new info I was learning daily, I however got pregnant and very very sick! my teachers were very accommodating to my situation and helped me finish the semester! I have 2 semesters left for an ASL degree which I plan on finishing next year.
Pros
ever growing campus
Cons
small circles in specific programs
Very respectful, educated environment.
Life Drawing Model (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 9, 2015
Modeling for Life Drawing is definitely a unique experience. Not often does one get to bare his body for the sake of pure, unadulterated art. This has been one of the best and most mind-opening jobs I have held, and it has served to help me with my inhibitions, a quest that earned me the job in the first place as I had randomly mentioned to a friend I wanted to be less "shy" about my body. Interesting things happen when you allow yourself to explore and try new avenues of creativity.
Pros
Professional environment, being offered to audit the class.
Cons
Holding poses for lengthy periods of time (can be remedied through daily stretching).
Great company!
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 7, 2015
I had the opportunity to work for this company for 5 years and was able to expand my knowledge of the Home Health Care field.
Good environment to work at.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 13, 2015
I was able to do variety things to do at work everyday by organizing the DVDs and VHS, teaching some times, and tutoring as well.
Meet a lot of people
Work-study Assistant in Finical Aid Department (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 9, 2015
I was able to work with many types of people. The employees celebrated birthdays. Everyone was happy and never a dull moment. All the employees worked together and where very helpful
Pros
great job
Cons
different pay
Mclennan Community College
Full Time Student (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 7, 2015
A typical Monday begins with my Word Processing class at 8 a.m. My professor is a very good teacher. We spend the hour learning more in depth about the functions in Word. The how too's of it all, for example how to set margins, tabs, and create memo's, business letters and resumes. Then after class I go to the computer lab where I will work on homework assignments until my next class at 11:10 a.m. So at that time I go into Intro to Law and take notes during the Lecture that our Professor gives us on being a paralegal. We learn the statutes, courts, documents and steps it takes to finish a law suit. After that class is over I either go back to the Lab to work on my homework for my other classes like Algebra,Spreadsheets and Civil Litigation, or if I am done, I go ahead and head to the parking lot to go home. My Co-workers are my peers and they are great, very supportive and helpful. The hardest part of it is the amount of homework we get from each class and balancing it all. The most enjoyable part of it is the opportunity to get to go to school and learn these awesome new skills and the knowledge that my future looks bright.
Pros
Future better pay, once I earn my degree
Cons
Homework
Good Place to work
Adjunct Professor of Psychology (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 5, 2015
Working with these professionals has been an absolute honor and I would not want to teach anywhere else! The leadership at MCC is by far the best in the business.
Best Job I Will Ever Have
Adjunct Professor of Learning Frameworks (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 26, 2015
I love this place! They are an awesome group of people. It will always be "the best job I've ever had." The administration is good and the staff care about the students. McLennan provides accessible and affordable education that is quality. Students leave McLennan and go on to do great things!
Students
Student Accounts Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXDecember 4, 2014
I truly enjoyed working with the students. I felt my contribution to the institution was making a difference in our community with every student I assisted in getting closer to reaching their educational goals.
Pros
Work Schedule, Flexibility to continue education
Best Job Ever!!
Call Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Highlander CentralOctober 3, 2014
Working as a Call Center Specialist was the best job ever!! Never a dull moment when phones ringing back to back during enrollment periods and always learning how to be prepared for any situation if it happened. Co-workers were awesome and helped out without complaint. Management was behind you and would take input from employees on how to improve the job. My position was temporary. :( I loved this job!
Pros
Great support from co-workers & management, flexibility with family
Cons
Temporary
Nice Working enviroment.
Admissions & Recruitment Officer (Former Employee) –  waco texasAugust 25, 2014
Most employees and supervisors are caring and friendly. Flexible working hours
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Relutant Leadership
Best Job
Career Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 24, 2014
This is a family friendly and supportive place to work. The compensation isn't awesome, but for it being a community college, it is acceptable.
Did not care for the supervisor
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 6, 2014
A typical day at work involved typing policy revisions, answering phones, keeping the President's calendar up-to-date.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Crabby supervisor
Very friendly and comfortable school to work for
Adjunct Faculty, Microbiology (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 25, 2013
When I first saw the labs in the science department at this community college I was in awe. The labs are so up to date and better than the labs I've taught in at larger universities. The campus is beautiful and easy to get around on. The faculty are friendly and helpful, which was especially important to me as a new educator.
productive and fun work place
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 29, 2013
productive and fun work place. It was okay. I had a great time there.
Pros
good team work
Cons
no health coverage for employee
Very busy work environment
Business Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 2, 2013
Took payments from students and helped them with their schedules.
Maintained files in Excel for fines on campus. I learned about students and how to be a team player. I also handled cash drawer so I learned how to manage cash drawer and balance at the end of day.
The hardest part of job was maintaining large amounts of cash and telling students when they had a fine. The most enjoyable part was working as a team and working with the students.
Great people and great place to work at...
Supplemental Instructor/Admissions (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXDecember 20, 2012
I learned a lot from the staff and the upper management was wonderful to work with. Everyone was very personable, polite, and professional. The hardest part of the job I would have to say is the amount of paperwork and correct procedures that come with it but even that is not a lot once a person gets the hang of it! The most enjoyable part is all the people that you meet, not only the staff and admin but the students as well. Over all a very full filling place and job to work at!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MCLENNAN COMMUNITY COLLEGE. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6