MCLENNAN COMMUNITY COLLEGE Employee Reviews

First taste of teaching
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 8, 2017
I never thought about teaching until they asked me too, and then I was really hooked, I just didn't like the fact that it would be forever before I could be hired full time. I know someone who worked there for more than 10 years part-time before she earned a full-time position.
Pros
schedule
Cons
when classes don't make you don't work
Restful library setting
Library Technician (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXOctober 17, 2017
It was easy and very relaxing work. Nothing was too demanding, or stressful. Inventory was tedious but when isn't it? The supervisors were great people and threw us a going away party so that was nice of them.
Pros
Relaxing, got to be around so many books
Cons
Too relaxing at times
Secretary
Athletic Secretary (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXOctober 14, 2017
worked with coach's and student athlete's. very fulfilling as you got to see students become responsible young adults. was allowed to do some travelling with the teams.
Student Worker/Pre-Med Tutor (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 10, 2017
My boss was excellent. Being a non-traditional student, job allowed me the ability to attain stellar grades while attending school. My boss both mentored my academic and career trajectory. Couldn't be happier.
Pros
study at work
Cons
entry level pay
Loved it
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 30, 2017
The chief was amazing. I worked alone 90% of the time so it wasnt so bad but. It was fun. They never asked too much they wanted to see me move up. And they pushed for me to stay.
love the people
Clinical Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 7, 2017
I have enjoyed my employment with MCC. It is a positive environment and my immediate bosses were amazing to work with. You are part of the team on every level
Mcc is great work place
Program Director / Teacher (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 3, 2017
My day varied here, sometimes started early in the morning to recruit students, and then go to work at 5 to get ready for my students at 6 PM. Class would meet from 6 PM to 9 PM, Monday through Thursday.
Learned how to work up a curriculum to teach people how to work in the construction business.
My management folks were helpful to teach me what was needed to help the students learn their craft.
Hardest part of the job was getting students into the program.
I enjoyed the time I worked here due to the benefits, work schedule and my co workers.
Pros
benefits, holiday and vacation time, time off at christmas and new years
Cons
having to recruit students to come to the school
fun-working place, great environment
Institutional Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 19, 2017
Love working here! Learned some of the best things, work with some of the best people and it put in a good word for future jobs! Would recommend working here!
Pros
Amazing Campus
Parttime teacher
Adult Education Math Teacher (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 26, 2017
Good parttime job. Some communication problems. Hours could be made to fit my schedule. Some job responsibilities could not be fit into the 19 hour per week restrictions so some work had to finished as a volunteer.
McLennan Community College is a great place.
Full-time Student (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 23, 2017
I loved MCC because it is easy going and I am able to be myself when in the classroom and outside. This place really helps students become aware of who they are and helps you become who you are.
work-study job
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 20, 2017
I would recommend anyone attending school to apply for at .least one semester as a work-study for the experience. The TRiO staff and management are great to work for and are always respectful and professional.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
cannot work more than 20 hours
I have learned alot from my Internships here at MCC.
Testing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 7, 2017
Professors are very willing to help and mentor students. The college is focused on offering an outstanding education at an affordable cost. There are many programs offered her to help students be successful in their studies, and to further their education.
Pros
working in a diverse environment
Cons
Pay
Different Positions (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 6, 2017
The benefits are very good, pay is ok. Most people are wonderful to work with. Must be politically correct, this is what can get some people into trouble.
Great campus and great students!
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  waco, tx.June 5, 2017
Great Job. Loved teaching!! I would support anyone who wanted to go into teaching!! Very beautiful campus for teachers and students! The average age of students is around 32.
ability to multitask and deadlines
STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 5, 2017
As a theatre student at McLennan, I had to follow deadlines and have the ability to build sets, learn lines and blocking, produce from start to finish a play, dance production or musical in a matter of 4 weeks or less. In order to have a successful production, I had to be a team player, there is no room for ego in spite of what outsiders to theatre may think.
Pros
comradery, a sense of accomplishment
Cons
lack of sleep
Work Study Program
Student Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 16, 2017
I worked as a student athletic trainer for McLennan College for two years. Not only did I receive pay for the hours I spent working, but I also got hands on experience in a field that I will perform later in life.
Management plays favorites
Tutor and Mentor (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 16, 2017
The prior management was great. When he had to leave the new management was and is extremely unqualified. He plays favorites and has unreasonable demands for those who are not his friends.
Friendly Environment
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 15, 2017
Everyday is a different day. It is a very great company to work for. The employees are friendly and kind. You gain great relationships with students and parents that come in.
Beautiful campus and pleasant work environement
Building Maintenance Craftsman (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 24, 2017
MCC was a very good place to work for most of my career. The last several years they have changed the health insurance and your deductibles, etc. are higher. A good benefit is MCC pays the employees health insurance premiums. It is a beautiful campus to work on. Most of the people are very pleasant. My job was physically demanding but I had a variety of responsibilities that kept the job from being boring. The rate of pay for the type of work I did was less than industry standards.
Pros
Employer paid medical insurance
Cons
The rate of pay for my job qualifications was not very good for the type of work I was doing.
Worked very well with school schedule
English Tutor (Former Employee) –  Waco, TexasMarch 27, 2017
If I was not busy, they allowed me to complete homework, or study if needed. It was a good place to help students and even help myself learn more about what was required of me to be a successful student at the college.
Pros
Computer time while you wait for a student to tutor!
Cons
Little pay and not enough hours