Mcleod Health

Mcleod Health Employer Reviews

Productive work enviorment with great skills
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Florence, SCDecember 17, 2014
Pros: benifits of 401-k matches from the organization
My typical day at work would be completing my assignment. Meanwhile, working in a nursing environment with different cultures there is always new things learned. Management focus on creation of new ideas, and communication skills to better set goal for any organization. The ideal thing is having respect, and respecting all co-workers to get the jog done in a timely manner, and effective job of excellent. The hardest part of any job would be the unknown not knowing how to bring out the best performance in your workers. However, the most enjoyable part of the job would be getting the job done as a team.
Positive Friendly Fast-Paced Work Place
Medical Surgical Technician (Current Employee), Florence, SCDecember 13, 2014
Pros: helping patients, employee benefits
Busy 12 Hr. Shift includes taking vitals, drawing blood, transport patients and take blood sugars. Working in a positive work environment and assisting patients is the most enjoyable part.
Nice and Clean place.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Darlington, SCDecember 8, 2014
Pros: free luch
Cons: very short breaks
Working as a CNA is a very dedicated job. You have to be there for your patients and willing to meet there needs. Working at Mcleod I learn that my caring come first, I always try to work direct with the patients. I enjoy working at Mcleod because it a nice and friendly hospital and they always treat the work with respect. All the stuff was very helpful if you need help with something someone would come and help you out.
Don't waste your time
Security Officer (Former Employee), Florence, SCDecember 5, 2014
Pros: excellent medical benefits
Cons: terrible management, low pay
The management ignores its employees and doesn't provide them adequate support or equipment to successfully do their job. There is disorganization and you do not get paid nearly enough to deal with everything they ask of you. Also, you never get the same answer from anyone in a supervisory or management position. They expect you to protect everyone but they could care less about you.
Needs Improvement
RN (Current Employee), main hospitalNovember 12, 2014
Pros: pay is good
Cons: evil management
Need to relieve some of those in upper management from duty. There is no equal employment opportunity. They are on the all who you know buddy system. If you ask questions or speak up you will become an outcast and they are on a mission to get rid of you. Management will lie, cheat and steal and most of the under handed stuff is covered up under the rug. HR is worthless because they promote most of this underhanded stuff. I wish I had thought twice about working here.
Productive and great co workers
Hospice Technician (Current Employee), Florence, SCOctober 8, 2014
Every time I go to work, I learn something new. My co-workers allow me to be able to focus on what is important and encourage me on a daily basis. Over the years, I can definitely say I look to them as I do family. The hardest part of the job is when I become attached to my patients then they die. Losing them adds a little stress on my plate, but knowing they don't have to suffer anymore from their diagnosis put my mind at ease. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my co-workers. We have some fun days including our patients because even some of them have a great sense of humor. Even though we all can get silly at times, we know what is important and that is our patients as well as their family members. By providing them with excellent comfort and care, it reassures the patients relatives and convinces them that their loved one are and will remain in very good hands. I love people and being able to help another individual along the way is the best thing that I can do in life.
Very busy every day working with 20 Family Medicine Residents.
Secretary to Assistant Director (Former Employee), Florence, SCMay 5, 2014
Pros: great benefits!
Cons: cannot think of any.
I learned that after fifteen years in one place, sometimes you need a change. My co-workers were wonderful, especially my boss. He was the Associate Director and in my years of working with him, never criticized my work, He always complimented me on everything I did, therefore, I worked even harder for him. The hardest job was the job duties which were very stressful. The most enjoyable part was seeing the first, second, and third-year residents graduate and thinking I had a small part of that.
Work Experiance
Specialist (Current Employee), Florence, SCMarch 17, 2014
Typical day I start off by stocking the whole warehouse then once I complete that I turn to help receiving, then after I finish helping receive I then load up the truck to make deliveries to the different parts of the hospital, once that is completed I return to the warehouse to check and see if there is any more stock that arrived while I was gone if so I stock it then I go home for the day
Ensuring Quality Hospital to diveresty of patients
Dietician/Tray Passer (Former Employee), Florence, SCMarch 12, 2014
I was responsible for taking breakfast, lunch, dinner food orders from hospital patients, and ensuring that their meals suits their diets such as diabetic, cardiac meals,etc. Over my time period I've learned more about nutrition and health care and the impact it has on your life. We worked as a team from management to nutrition workers in order to provide the best service. The hardest part was getting patients to understand that the food they love the most may be the worst thing for their health, but overall it was a wonderful experience because i loved to satisfy people.
Mcleod is a Good Workplace.
Custodial Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Florence,ScJuly 16, 2013
Pros: discount food
Cons: working every other weekend
I enjoy Work At Mcleod Because Good Work Relationship,Good nursing,Good Doctors, Totally a Good Working Environment.
Job was fun and interesting!
SURGICAL SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Florence, SCJuly 5, 2013
Pros: free meal tickets.
Cons: not enough pay.
A typical day at work was to begin work at 6:00am. I would transport patients to OR for surgery. I would position patients for surgery. After surgery was over, I would turnover(Clean) the room for the next case. Management was OK! My co-workers were good to work with. The hardest part of my job was being called by two or three at the same time to do something, but that's when you learn to multi-task. The most enjoyable part of my job was to help doctors by giving them what they needed in order to successfully complete a person's surgery.
Gerat place to work and receive hospital treatment.
Network Analyst (Former Employee), Florence, SCJune 14, 2013
Pros: cutting edge technology
Cons: 365 days a year 24 x 7
Fast pace service oriented healthcare facilities led by administration with deep moral and ethical values. Not content with status quo, but willing to spend capital on technology and future expansions. Friendly work environment with focus on service. Hard work supporting so many different applications and services, but worth it all when you see the end results of a patient and family smiling.
good experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), florence scJune 1, 2013
Pros: patients were great to work with
Cons: too much personal drama on the floor i worked on
vitals were done along with baths lab work, daily weights. fed any patient's if needed to be done. we did comfort rounds in which we checked on the patient hourly
Great Employer
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee), Florence, SCMay 3, 2013
Pros: flexible
Cons: chances for management
This is a busy place to work, which is good, it makes the day go by quickly. My co-workers and manager are the best, I couldn't ask for a better group to work for.
job opportunity!
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Florence, SCNovember 5, 2012
I have worked for 9 years as a pharmacy technician.entering information into data system,great people skills,great customer service experience and strong problem solving skills as well as able to work with limited supervison.i'm excellent with interpersonal and organizational skills. i'm very responsible and dependable.i'll communicate with others in a antagonistic situation using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards.
management issues
Material Handler (Former Employee), Florence, SCOctober 22, 2012
often boring, but still work pace was steady, learned warehouse inventory management, so so with management, good co workers, a lot of unfinished tasks that were left undone, the most enjoyable part of the job was going to work...
good pay but...
RN (Current Employee), MainOctober 1, 2012
Pros: pay organization
Cons: inability to transfer, short staffed
The compayt itself is good to work for and the pay is good. However if you get hired on a floor that has a lot of problems with staffing you will be stuck and not able to transfer. A lot of the med/surg floors are short staffed.
Nursing Department at Loris
Nursing (Current Employee), South CarolinaSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: you get a paycheck, good co-workers
Cons: understaffed, not enough supplies, nurse to patient ratio is high, long hours
The people who work at this hospital are good, loyal, hardworking and do their best, but when you don't have the supplies you need or the staffing needed for the acuity of patients it's a problem! It's difficult to give good nursing care to patients when it's one nurse to 7 or 9 patients! It's not a safe environment at that point and it's poor care to patients regardless of the wonderful and caring staff that is there for the patient. It's a game of knowing who you know when it comes to placement in a job or advancement. Favoritism is also a factor in the scheduling or getting pulled to other units within the hospital. Expect to work on any unit at any given time depending on the census or need. Nurses may work as CNAs or sitters, ER nurses may be working on the Tele/Med-Surg/Ped/Catch-all unit or ICU, the ICU nurse may work Postpartum! It used to be a wonderful place to work but over the years the morale of the hospital has dropped dramatically! Management looks at the numbers and is more concerned with patient satisfaction than the happiness of their employees. Happy staff means happy patients and better scores! There are a lot of good nurses, environmental services staff, respiratory staff, lab staff, cna's, uc's, etc at this hospital, but the work environment is miserable. The community knows more of the wellbeing and going-on's of the hospital than the employees do. Employee suggestions/concerns are asked about but not taken seriously or listened to or considered seriously. Some units have a problem with lack of communication, the cna's won't always tell the nurses any – more... abnormal vital signs right away but may wait a few hours. Some of the doctors don't communicate on the care of patients and will write orders that contradict the other doctors' orders. I learned that a jelly bean is a jelly bean, meaning an employee is an employee regardless of your field of work and are expected to fill the missing position anywhere in the hospital. Some supervisors will help you when you need it, others suddenly become MIA (missing in action) and aren't seen until way later. The way things are done/handled may change from day to day depending on how it fits the needs of administration at that time. There are a lot of changes are needed to make this a staff friendly environment again. More nurses are needed to lower the ratio of nurse:patient. When the staff is stressed due to time restraints, treatments needed, medication times, doctors rounding, and documenting, the quality of care is comprised! Hire more GOOD HARDWOKING nursing staff to cover the census and lower the nurse to patient ratio!! – less
EXTENDED CARE FACILITY(ECC)
Nursing (Former Employee), LORIS SCJune 27, 2012
I worked there for quite some time. The work environment is terrible the whole facility is very unorganized. Management from the administrator to unit managers uses favoritism as a management skill. Most of the staff are neighbors so they look out for each other. If anyone has a difference in opinion they are quickly labeled as a problem and will be written up for every little thing they can find. They constantly ride and belittle the employees who actually do their job, and let others slide. Management feel as if ECC is a separate entity from McLeod so they get to pick and choose what policies to follow and enforce. ECC also has a racist undertone to the work environment . .at times it is direct and blunt and other times it is not but you can tell it is there. Ie. in the staffing in nursing and management where there is only 3 nurses other than Caucasian ethnicity none of which are in management. I am from the north and I have never encountered anything like this until ECC. My word of advice if you are going to work for McLeod DO NOT WORK AT ECC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WORKING IN A BEST PLACE
nurstion service (Former Employee), SOUTHCAROLINA SCMay 15, 2012
Every where i work i make the best of it and i love to work and have fun. i feel no matter WHAT U GO THROUGH AT HOME COME TO WORK WITH A GOOD ATTITUDE AND ENJOY UR SELF WHILE U AT WORK. THE HARODEST PART IN DEALIN WITH OTHER ATTITUDE BUT WHAT I DO IS SMILE AND GET GOING ON TO WHAT I HAVE TO DO TO GET THE JOB DONE.