Mcleod Health Employee Reviews

Lack of Management & Decisions
Check In Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCNovember 15, 2017
I would not recommend this company to anyone! Favoritism plays a big role. No room for advancement. New Employees get disrespected but the current employees. PTO taken from you at every opportunity. Lack of Management, current managers don’t know their role. Having to ask others how to do their job without making decisions on their own to benefit the workplace. . The HR Department is a complete JOKE! If you want a company who doesn’t listen to their employees concerns, this is it! When situations are brought to managements attention, it is put to the side and acted like it never happened . If you want to work for a company who doesn’t care about their employees, this is it!
Pros
Drug Rep Lunches
Cons
Disrespectful of Management, Favoritism
productive work place
Telecommunications Operator (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCNovember 9, 2017
I enjoyed so much working at McLeod's. It was a great hospital to work for and I would definitely refer people to work there.. I would definitely apply for a different position in the future
Pros
enjoyed working with my co-workers
Cons
short breaks
Internship
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCNovember 8, 2017
The internship was okay, just wish it lasted longer but other than that everything was fabulous. Would recommend and do the internship again..........
McLeod overall is a great place to work but my current unit needs improvement
Staff Nurse/Registered Nurse Surgery II/Med-Surg (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCNovember 1, 2017
My current unit is very clique oriented, buddy-buddy environment. Poor management due to supervisors/managers are friends with a lot of the staff in which favoritism is shown often in regards to scheduling, unit policies, assignments, etc. I do not feel there is room for career advancement but for only selected individuals. Learning and learning opportunities is also selective. Also, do not feel management and some staff are supportive of staff furthering their education and can be negative. This review DOES NOT, I repeat, DOES NOT REFLECT Mcleod as a whole but the current ICU unit I'm currently employed. McLeod Regional Medical Center is a great place to work and I would recommend it to others. I just feel my current unit needs improvement as far as management, job culture, and work environment.
excellent doctors to work with
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCOctober 26, 2017
way too many managers, not enough staff, long work hours, no guaranteed lunch or other breaks, no room for advancement, most people work harder at getting out of work than the actual work
Pros
great surgeons!
Cons
no team work
Good company to work for
Registered nurse/ ICU Nurse - MICU (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCOctober 20, 2017
This organization has a commitment to providing quality patient care. The most enjoyable part of the job was the expectation that nurses provide care in a safe manner. The management style is a mixture of transformational and facilitative. I learned how to be a professional nurse and I believe this organization laid the groundwork for me as a bedside nurse.
Pros
good leadership
Cons
advancement is often tied to "who you know"
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCOctober 16, 2017
The floor that I work on has a very high patient turn over therefore is very busy and stressful all the time. If you are able to handle a fast pace environment without being overwhelmed this is a place for you. Great pay and benefits offered.
Very Productive
Financial Counselor/ Admissions (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCOctober 2, 2017
I was able to improve my skill set at Mcleod tremendously. I learned so much in regards to patient satisfaction, account collections, and working as a team. Management was always supportive and encouraging.
team work
Surgical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCSeptember 28, 2017
everyone helps one another, resources are readily available. everyone treats everybody with respect and sense of belongingness. tough floor to work on but the people makes it worthwhile all the time
A very hard job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCSeptember 27, 2017
I currently work in a progressive unit. I love the type patients I take care of. It is 12 hour shifts that frequently turn into 13-14 hour shifts. I don't feel like administration takes up for us against extremely rude and hateful patients and families. As a society people are becoming more and more rude, however employees should have a right for a hostile free work environment from all levels not just dr.s and other staff.
Pros
I work with a great team of nurses
Cons
The techs are not very helpful at all. It makes the work environment really hard.
Stressful environment
Admission Registration (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCSeptember 26, 2017
The average working day here was very poor management, there was no help at all. I hated this department, in the near future I hope that this department will become better at management.
Pros
Nothing GOOD to say about this Department.
Cons
Never any TEAMWORK
Productive and fast paced workplace with great staff
Hospice Technician (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCSeptember 26, 2017
A typical day is usually busy and depressing due to all of death that is around me. I have learned a lot of stuff at this job from taking blood sugar sticks to inserting foley catheters, improving my social skills and more. The hardest part of the job is accepting the fact that someone that you care for on the daily basis is soon going to face death. During the death process, you become so fond of the patient as well as the family members. It's like they become your family and it's really hard to say goodbye. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to work with some of the best co workers you can possibly imagine on your team. The relationship that we all have is more than friends, but we are family. My coworkers make the dying environment around us so suitable for anyone to work in. For the 4 plus years I have been at Mcleod, I have noticed that management does not really care about you as an individual. It saddens me to know that with all of the new buildings that are being built with the Mcleod ensemble on it; the ceo's can care less about compensating their employee's fairly especially those that are technicians. It goes to show you that if you are trying to gain experience as a tech first to become a nurse in the future, you better prepare yourself to work extremely hard and get underpaid.
Pros
free food on thankful thursday, doughnuts from volunteers throughout the week
Cons
short staff on some days, longs hours, being called in on days off
Overall enjoyed the years I worked there.
Director of Engineering and Regulatory Compliance (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCSeptember 22, 2017
Would not have left had it not been for a change in management which was not for the good of the hospital. I would rather not put anything in writing but will be glad to discuss honestly in an interview.
Pros
Most people friendly and good workers
Cons
change in management
Productive in the fast pace environment.
Pathology Assistant (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCAugust 28, 2017
I truly enjoy the people I work with. Over 10 years we have been like family. I have learned a lot about what going on behind the scenes of a hospital and all the hard work from doctors down to clean staff. They all play a important role into making Mcleod #1.
no consideration for your life outside of work
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCAugust 25, 2017
Working there was pretty good until our schedules were changed to 7 days on and 7 days off with 12 hour working days. There was no consideration taken by management. We were working 12 hour days with a 30 minute lunch.
Mcleod
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCAugust 22, 2017
I enjoy coming to work everyday! Management is helpful and I never feel as if I am unappreciated. Advancement is always an option here. Benefits however aren't the best.
Patient care
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Darlington, SCAugust 22, 2017
I enjoyed working with people, even though they were sick they were a joy to be around. It made me a better person by helping others who couldn't help themselves.
Pros
clean environment, friendly
Cons
n/a
Great Place to Work
Medical Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Cheraw, SCAugust 20, 2017
Working at Mcleod has been very pleasing. It is a great experience. I work three 12 hour shifts a week.My co workers a very nice and knowledgeable and I am learning from them a great deal.
Great place to work, very patient oriented.
Operational Effectiveness Process Manager (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCAugust 19, 2017
Working as a Process Improvement Professional I've had the opportunity to gain a lot of insight and knowledge into Lean thinking and using it in every aspect of my life not just at work. McLeod is continuously growing and moving forward and I see many great things to come in the future
Pros
Ready to grow and expand, very patient oriented
Cons
Unfortunately short staffed in many areas which contributes to some of the problems.
Mcleod
PCA (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCAugust 18, 2017
Busy in early mornings getting the patients up for surgery preparing the rooms for the next case or daily case load average is about 90 cases per day its a steady pace that makes your day go by fast.Management is fair good culture hardest part when short staff.
Pros
job sercurity
Cons
same

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mcleod Health. Our community is ready to answer.