Mcleod Health Employee Reviews in United States

Great experience for individuals in nursing school
Nurse Extern (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJune 1, 2016
If your in nursing school or desire to be in nursing school. This job would be great to determine if nursing is right for you. Experiences are different for different departments/units. Some co-workers are friendly and willing to help and lend a hand and others are cold and unwelcoming. Each day is the same, take vital signs, help with bathing and assist with bathroom needs. Some days are constant and or days are slow depending on the patient population.
fun games and picnics for family
Patient Transportor / Lead Tech (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCFebruary 13, 2016
Meeting knew patients every day talking with them and their family members. The different types of surgeries and how indene some of them can be. Management was good they was considerate of their workers. My co-workers worked together as a team if one couldn't done the job another team member step up to help.. There wasn't anything hard about the job . The most enjoyable part was meeting different people and how sometimes having an epact on them and seeing that smile on their face.
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
Health care was one of the finest
Watch your back!
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCApril 10, 2016
You may think you are doing a great job when the hospital politics will get in the way and you will be shown the door. Regardless of
job performance or length of service.
Pros
The people that provide the patient care
Cons
Upper management. Too many nurses clouds the decision making. POLITICS!!
Very Professional Staff, Extremely Knowlegeable
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCDecember 25, 2015
Depending on the day, you could be working in their outpatient center, or main hospital.

This company took time to cross train me into Vascular Sonography (which I still have yet to master).

Before I was hired, I was a student here and the staff treated me as one of their own. They were ready, willing, and able to teach me new things.

The Management staff goes out of their way to work with each employee in a personable manner. Very professional!

Hardest part of the job was trying to keep up with the staff (most of them have been there for 10 + years so they are very fast and efficient at their job.

Love the staff and hospital! Very great people to work with!
Pros
Free holliday lunches and random associate appreciation
collection
collection (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCMarch 14, 2016
productive and fun work place, very strict and needy to the patients at all time. enjoyed my co workers. the hardest part in no family time
Pros
benifts
Cons
no time off
Great leaning environment, constant changing
RN- utilized the nursing process (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCOctober 30, 2015
A typical day is fast paced and constantly changing. I learned prioritization skills, and time management. Management was very direct and aimed at following policy. The hardest part of the job was locating multiple policies that applied to one patient's needs.
Pros
Aquiring skills
Cons
Short lunch breaks
very good place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCMarch 20, 2016
Mcleod is a great place to work. I am just ready for a change. Our leaders are wonderful people who are very dedicated to our facility.
Overall
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dillon, SCFebruary 25, 2016
You never knew what you were walking into on a consistent and daily basis. They were very understanding of family emergencies.
co- workers are good but the work is too much for a bit of people because one person can not detail clean 28 rooms and bathrooms in 8 hours
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCOctober 21, 2015
We are having a lot of turnovers. People are leaving left and right I guess because they are unorganized. I love the work but it is too much for one person.
Benefits
Cons
Not enough workers and low pay
Extremely Busy
Nurse Extern-Emergency Room (Current Employee) –  Florence SCOctober 15, 2015
Very busy day never a dull moment. Have to be able to multi task and deal with a job that is very demanding. You have to be able to deal with seeing some very horrific things and know how to balance your emotions
Pros
Always seeing new things
Cons
Pretty ok it's what you make out of it
Supervisor Amy McAllister (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCSeptember 17, 2015
It's ok for people without sick children and single moms the management could be a little better I love the co workers i enjoy the work and the hardest part of work is to ignore the the way you will be spoken too
Pros
great people and laundry week
Cons
get lunch but my not recive break
Comprehensive training and benefits
Staff Nurse - Coronary Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCJuly 26, 2015
McLeod is a great place to work but I am concerned with the burnout of nurses. They need to hire more staff. I do think they have a comprehensive training program but the nurse educators and people who train at skills fairs may need more training on effective ways to teach and speak in public.
Pros
Starbucks and bank obsite
Cons
unpredictable schedule
Exceptional
Nursing Technician (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCSeptember 4, 2015
McLeod was an exceptional place to work. Excellent for a new RN graduation from school for learning experience. You can grow professionally at MRMC and the staff was very nice taught me alot about nursing and learned alot of different surgical techniques.
Very productive workplace.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCAugust 25, 2015
The workers were great, learner a lot about the medical field and office work. I answered phones, keyed in paper work, cleaned out offices, filed papers, stocked folders, and made labels.
Pros
Lunch-break and great benefits.
Cons
Had to walk long distances to complete daily tasks.
Sonoco Products Company
Surgical Technician/ Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJuly 28, 2015
time management, helpful co-workers, multiple tasks, focus, and patience. Tons of information in many different systems that need to be interpreted and modified for all company plants across the US and Canada.
Pros
always busy
Cons
can be stressful
Team work environment, but the pay is terrible
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Florence,SCSeptember 5, 2015
I love being a unit secretary I been at Mcleod Health for 5 years I love the people I work with and I enjoy the patients that I talk to on a day to day basis..
Pros
work around school schedule
Cons
pay
Fast pace.
Staff/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCNovember 4, 2015
Fast pace. Well staffed but need more experienced staff. Good team work in emergency situations. Welcoming and safe enviroment.
McLeod
Nurse Extern - Level 3 (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCOctober 14, 2015
It's a great place to work. Friendly coworkers. Flexible shifts. Staff is very helpful and knowledgeable. I like the fast pace of the emergency department.
Great place to work and to work out.
Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJuly 27, 2015
Best gym I have ever set foot in. Lots of personal attention, fantastic facilities and amenities. Fun classes, good to great instructors. Very empathetic supervisor and managers.
Pros
Best place to work.
Cons
You never want to leave
Fast pace
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCOctober 19, 2015
Great job but no room for advancement were i am.The people or nice sometimes i won't to stay over. There is no room for growth
Pros
enjoy the people
Cons
money