Mcleod Health

Mcleod Health Employee Reviews

fast paced environment
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee), Florence, SCMay 2, 2015
It was a fast paced environment with a lot of patients in and out. The physicians did a lot of hands on work. My co-workers helped me get the hang of things I experienced a bone marrow procedure. Hardest part of the job was keeping patients calm until the doctor visited their room. The most enjoyable part of the job was while drawing patients blood in the lab, they would tell me how great I was at it considering the fact that I was only a inter and have not received my phlebotomy certificate yet. As of September-2015 I am a certificate Phlebotomy and Medical Assistant.
the job is very demanding
Nursing Student Volunteer (Former Employee), Florence, SCApril 17, 2015
the job security is secure and on a typical day you are running down the hallways to get to your patients and it gets depressing at times. you hate to see people die and the hardest part is remembering everything about over 400 hundred patients
Over worked and under paid
PCT (Former Employee), Florence, SCApril 8, 2015
Pros: Easy shift trades
Cons: Payment
This company tries to get the most work for the least amount of money. They are not competitive at all in the salary department, unless you possess a PhD.
Needs some changes
Tech (Former Employee), Florence, SCMarch 20, 2015
Pros: decent pay
Cons: work more with less help
This was a great place to work when I first started. They were caring and loyal to their people once. Now it is all about productivity. From the top down it is all about money. Money does not make happy employees. It helps but its not everything. When you stop caring about your people, they notice and become very unhappy and drone like even. I understand keeping the patients satisfaction scores up however, your employee satisfaction scores are way down.
Overall Great Workplace
EVS Tech 2 (Current Employee), Florence, SCMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Free meal tickets for good work
Cons: Pay
McLeod Regional is an very busy, productive & clean environment. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to come do my job every night knowing exactly what I have to do when I come in. My co workers are nice & friendly so I never have issues with any. It really isn't any hard parts of my job to be honest.
Fast-pace working enviroment
Medical Surgical Technician (Former Employee), Florence, SCMarch 8, 2015
Pros: late lunch and breaks
Cons: busy 24/7(healthcare)
Working for this business there were no down time ,until shifts end. This was due to the fact that staff was short, patients needed you all the time to help with their needs.
Productive day at Mcleod Health
Worker (Current Employee), Florence, SCFebruary 24, 2015
My day consisted of bringing linen to the perspective floors in a timely manner. Communicating with co-workers as well as patients throughout the hospital.
nice place to work
Computer Analyst (Former Employee), Florence, SCFebruary 16, 2015
McLeod is a who you know place to work. They favor all the big bosses with the bonuses. the employees get nothing. Employees are appreciate sometimes. Your typical day is very busy and have some great people working for the organization.
enjoyed my time there
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Florence, SCJanuary 17, 2015
great staff in PICU and NICU worked well together as a team including the doctors. everyone was helpful and sincere instead of helping and then talking about you behind your back. I enjoyed my time there
Great physicians
McLeod SportsMedicine Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Florence, SCJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: in-house pharmacy and decreased prescription cost
Cons: compensation needs to increase
16 hr days, learned much about executive management and holding Board position. Enjoyed athlete rehab and negotiation of contracts
Productive work enviorment with great skills
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Florence, SCDecember 17, 2014
Pros: benifits of 401-k matches from the organization
My typical day at work would be completing my assignment. Meanwhile, working in a nursing environment with different cultures there is always new things learned. Management focus on creation of new ideas, and communication skills to better set goal for any organization. The ideal thing is having respect, and respecting all co-workers to get the jog done in a timely manner, and effective job of excellent. The hardest part of any job would be the unknown not knowing how to bring out the best performance in your workers. However, the most enjoyable part of the job would be getting the job done as a team.
Positive Friendly Fast-Paced Work Place
Medical Surgical Technician (Current Employee), Florence, SCDecember 13, 2014
Pros: helping patients, employee benefits
Busy 12 Hr. Shift includes taking vitals, drawing blood, transport patients and take blood sugars. Working in a positive work environment and assisting patients is the most enjoyable part.
great place to work and learn
RRT (Current Employee), Florence, SCDecember 12, 2014
Awesome work place. Excellent people and awesome patients and a great location. Very diverse and people tend to get along with one another. Nice pay and room for advancement. Scholarships to return to school and convenient to FTC and Frances Marion university.
Nice and Clean place.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Darlington, SCDecember 8, 2014
Pros: free luch
Cons: very short breaks
Working as a CNA is a very dedicated job. You have to be there for your patients and willing to meet there needs. Working at Mcleod I learn that my caring come first, I always try to work direct with the patients. I enjoy working at Mcleod because it a nice and friendly hospital and they always treat the work with respect. All the stuff was very helpful if you need help with something someone would come and help you out.
Don't waste your time
Security Officer (Former Employee), Florence, SCDecember 5, 2014
Pros: excellent medical benefits
Cons: terrible management, low pay
The management ignores its employees and doesn't provide them adequate support or equipment to successfully do their job. There is disorganization and you do not get paid nearly enough to deal with everything they ask of you. Also, you never get the same answer from anyone in a supervisory or management position. They expect you to protect everyone but they could care less about you.
Needs Improvement
RN (Current Employee), main hospitalNovember 12, 2014
Pros: pay is good
Cons: evil management
Need to relieve some of those in upper management from duty. There is no equal employment opportunity. They are on the all who you know buddy system. If you ask questions or speak up you will become an outcast and they are on a mission to get rid of you. Management will lie, cheat and steal and most of the under handed stuff is covered up under the rug. HR is worthless because they promote most of this underhanded stuff. I wish I had thought twice about working here.
The Life Of A Housekeeper
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Florence, SCNovember 9, 2014
Pros: benefits, job stability
Cons: pay
A typical day at Mcleod is a very busy, yet productive day. There is never a dull moment. Each day brings forth a new adventure. I have learned many things during my time here. I definitely have perfected the art of cleaning! It has given me a new look on life. Each day we see so many sick people, young and old, there is a new appreciation for the little things. Management and co workers are very caring and helpful. They are always willing to lend a helping hand if you need it. The hardest part of my job is when a patient passes away. I may not know them personally, but because I came in contact with them for a brief moment I feel as if I did know them. The best part of my job is making a patient or family members day with a simple smile or a little bit of conversation.. I have been told numerous times "Thank you", just for a smile or kind word. We never know what a person is going through!
Internship
Internship (Former Employee), Florence, SCNovember 7, 2014
Internship for school and really enjoyed the work environment.
Excellent patient care
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Florence, ALOctober 28, 2014
Fast paced environment promoting quality patient care. High HCAPP scores from patients. promotes quality of life for nurses. excellent benefit packages. integrating new computer system for "modern" technology to go paperless hospital wide
Very busy and a fast paced setting
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Florence, SCOctober 17, 2014
I really enjoyed working with the Registered Nurses to make sure the newborn babies and mom were very well taken care of after birth.

1 2 3 4 5

About Mcleod Health

McLeod Health, a regional presence and predominant healthcare organization, is dedicated to patients and their families. Founded – Read more

Mcleod Health Salaries