Mcleod Health

Mcleod Health Employee Reviews

Enjoyed taking care of all patients
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Florence, SCAugust 20, 2015
Excellent place to work and learn about different scope of practice for a new RN.

Excellent place to work with flexible hours and growth
McLeod supports employees.
Volunteer Chaplain (Current Employee), Mcleod HealthAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Discounted meals.
Cons: Not enough patient beds.
Professional, dedicated employees. Helpful coworkers. Management is truly concerned about employees and excellent patient care.
Love the hospital setting.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Florence, SCAugust 6, 2015
I did not like the job because it was cleaning all day, but I did enjoy providing customer service to patients. My managers where fair. The only thing I hated was the pay.
Sonoco Products Company
Surgical Technician/ Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Florence, SCJuly 28, 2015
Pros: always busy
Cons: can be stressful
time management, helpful co-workers, multiple tasks, focus, and patience. Tons of information in many different systems that need to be interpreted and modified for all company plants across the US and Canada.
Great place to work and to work out.
Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Florence, SCJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Best place to work.
Cons: You never want to leave
Best gym I have ever set foot in. Lots of personal attention, fantastic facilities and amenities. Fun classes, good to great instructors. Very empathetic supervisor and managers.
Comprehensive training and benefits
Staff Nurse - Coronary Care Unit (Current Employee), Florence, SCJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Starbucks and bank obsite
Cons: unpredictable schedule
McLeod is a great place to work but I am concerned with the burnout of nurses. They need to hire more staff. I do think they have a comprehensive training program but the nurse educators and people who train at skills fairs may need more training on effective ways to teach and speak in public.
Great culture and helpful people!
Insurance Representative (Former Employee), Florence, SCJuly 16, 2015
A typical day at work:

- Verifying patient insurance with Insurance company for outpatient and inpatient servies

Hardest part of the job:
- Do not pay enough money
Excellent teaching hospital
Computed Tomography Student Intern (Former Employee), Florence, SCJune 28, 2015
McLeod is an excellent teaching facility. I learned so much from everyone. My internship was definitely educational and pleasant.
Mcleod
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Florence, SCJune 26, 2015
Pros: The ability to take meals and other monies out of paycheck
Cons: 30 minute lunch breaks.
Overall Mcleod is a great place to work. The employees are just like family. The facilty provides an excellent environment for patients and well as emplyees. Staff is supportive.
the faculity is a good working enviroment
Personal Catering Associate/Diet Clerk (Current Employee), Florence, SCMay 10, 2015
its a great company to work for I like working in the department that I work in and I get along good with my coworkers. I work in the diet office answering a high volume of phone calls and entering data – more... in the computer. hardest part of my job is when a patient is on a liquid diet and they haven't had any thing to eat on in a day because of procedure that they had to have done. and they want to eat a regular meal. – less
fast paced environment
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee), Florence, SCMay 2, 2015
It was a fast paced environment with a lot of patients in and out. The physicians did a lot of hands on work. My co-workers helped me get the hang of things I experienced a bone marrow procedure. Hardest – more... part of the job was keeping patients calm until the doctor visited their room. The most enjoyable part of the job was while drawing patients blood in the lab, they would tell me how great I was at it considering the fact that I was only a inter and have not received my phlebotomy certificate yet. As of September-2015 I am a certificate Phlebotomy and Medical Assistant. – less
the job is very demanding
Nursing Student Volunteer (Former Employee), Florence, SCApril 17, 2015
the job security is secure and on a typical day you are running down the hallways to get to your patients and it gets depressing at times. you hate to see people die and the hardest part is remembering everything about over 400 hundred patients
Over worked and under paid
PCT (Former Employee), Florence, SCApril 8, 2015
Pros: Easy shift trades
Cons: Payment
This company tries to get the most work for the least amount of money. They are not competitive at all in the salary department, unless you possess a PhD.
Needs some changes
Tech (Former Employee), Florence, SCMarch 20, 2015
Pros: decent pay
Cons: work more with less help
This was a great place to work when I first started. They were caring and loyal to their people once. Now it is all about productivity. From the top down it is all about money. Money does not make happy – more... employees. It helps but its not everything. When you stop caring about your people, they notice and become very unhappy and drone like even. I understand keeping the patients satisfaction scores up however, your employee satisfaction scores are way down. – less
Overall Great Workplace
EVS Tech 2 (Current Employee), Florence, SCMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Free meal tickets for good work
Cons: Pay
McLeod Regional is an very busy, productive & clean environment. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to come do my job every night knowing exactly what I have to do when I come in. My co workers are nice & friendly so I never have issues with any. It really isn't any hard parts of my job to be honest.
Fast-pace working enviroment
Medical Surgical Technician (Former Employee), Florence, SCMarch 8, 2015
Pros: late lunch and breaks
Cons: busy 24/7(healthcare)
Working for this business there were no down time ,until shifts end. This was due to the fact that staff was short, patients needed you all the time to help with their needs.
Productive day at Mcleod Health
Worker (Current Employee), Florence, SCFebruary 24, 2015
My day consisted of bringing linen to the perspective floors in a timely manner. Communicating with co-workers as well as patients throughout the hospital.
nice place to work
Computer Analyst (Former Employee), Florence, SCFebruary 16, 2015
McLeod is a who you know place to work. They favor all the big bosses with the bonuses. the employees get nothing. Employees are appreciate sometimes. Your typical day is very busy and have some great people working for the organization.
enjoyed my time there
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Florence, SCJanuary 17, 2015
great staff in PICU and NICU worked well together as a team including the doctors. everyone was helpful and sincere instead of helping and then talking about you behind your back. I enjoyed my time there
Great physicians
McLeod SportsMedicine Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Florence, SCJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: in-house pharmacy and decreased prescription cost
Cons: compensation needs to increase
16 hr days, learned much about executive management and holding Board position. Enjoyed athlete rehab and negotiation of contracts