MCNA Dental Employee Reviews

Steady call intake, festive
Claims Examiner II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 26, 2017
Employees are family based, CEO come often to visit and see all employees. Rare in most companies. constantly education their employees
Pros
lots of opportunity to grow
Cons
Healthcare benefits
Great company
Provider Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 18, 2016
Love this job. If you wanted to move up you have the chance to move up. Every team active places. Very holiday we would go against other times for best station's. Fun work place and people.
growing for the better
Grievances & Appeals Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLAugust 25, 2016
Management can be kind of tricky but overall the company is well rounded. They're growing rapidly so there's room for growth. Welcoming department but work ethnics need much better structuring, ASAP.
Pros
family oriented
Cons
over worked
Good company to work at however no benefits for employees
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 13, 2016
Management is good and supportive.
They do motivate individuals, however not having good benefits or any at all,creates a lot of rotation.
A typical day at work would be to arrive to your desk before the shift to be signed up and be able to help members right away.
Would assist members with their questions and request.
It was a pretty enjoyable work place , due to there is a really good relationship between co-workers and supervisors.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers that were not satisfied with their coverage, however helping them and trying to answer their questions and solve their issues, is what a good customer service representative has to do,so escalation would not be needed.
Pros
Nice atmosphere at work
Cons
No health coverage, or any kind of benefits
N/a
Installer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 10, 2016
I don't know what you want me to write. This is a bogus task. I don't want to have to write about any of my employers on a public website where I am looking for employment. I think that my opinion is extremely personal. So please leave me alone about m a review
Pros
Cons
For respecting my mind
Family oriented atmosphere
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 9, 2016
I enjoyed working at MCNA because of it's atmosphere. I enjoyed becoming a part of their management team. I learn a lot from my everyday challenges. My co-workers were easy to get along with.
Pros
Team players
Cons
No down time
friendly atmosphere
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 24, 2015
My typical work day consisted of Monitoring calls to be able to bring agents in and coach them on anything that they did incorrectly or instruct on how to improve on any of their weaknesses. While performing this job task it taught me how to manage time due to I had access to creating my own schedule with the work load to I had. My co-workers were more like a family setting due to spending so time with them and being able to attend team builders with each other to build the moral of the team/dept. The hardest part of my job is when unforeseen obstacles affected my schedule that I created and task had to be juggles and moved around. The most enjoyable part of my job with the people that I worked with and enjoying coming to work everyday.
Pros
minimal micromanagement
Cons
expensive benefits offered
Fun Place to work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 19, 2015
I loved being in the call center environment at MCNA. It was very calm, positive place to work at. However, management didn't act like management and you could never use hours you had free for time off.
Pros
good surronding
Cons
bad management
Good training and nice people.
Members Services Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 16, 2015
The training was very good and extensive, employees and management were friendly, benefits weren't too good as well as the hours.
Pros
friendly
Cons
hours
cool
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 26, 2015
Great company with great benefits. This is a job that you will build as a career.I am very comfortable with the atmosphere, my superior and the work ethic.
a revolving door with no benefits and work life balance
Claims Examiner 1 (Current Employee) –  FLAugust 17, 2015
I find the the policies are not inflicted on everyone it is to whom they find fit to use them , changes are not done well here.. also it is a revolving door. Everything is atax write off for them n you walk out with no security... No work and life balance at all so if you have kids not a job for you or if u have health issues... Not workable place in regards to emergencies. You will be written up.

No Benefits: you have to wait 6 months to get a day off with in the 6 months you get 5 days until your 1 year and it cannot be used consecutively...think about that 5 days with in the first year and you get it 6 months after u start working... Health and other benefits are not good.. IT a job that's all nothing with a career ...ohhh No cell phones allowed.. at all.
Pros
work hours
Cons
no work and life balance...none

Comment – August 26, 2015

Don't forget you dont park at the building ...you park across the street at the trial rail on Andrews blvd so look to get her 15min before time and cross the street ..think about when it rains..shameful no care for their employees

Productive Work place
Network Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cypress Creek, FLJuly 1, 2015
My job consist of a lot of data entry and Credentialing.We have to do a great deal of research.I have learned about dental providers and the fee schedule the providers use.
Professional Environment
Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 29, 2015
Easy paced, fun work enviornment.
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio Tx 78221April 26, 2015
- Answering Phones and Assisting Customers to correct dental providers.
- How to look up a certain facility ID, searching for providers, pre-authorization submissions, and claim verifications.
- Management, Wonderful, Dependable, Trustworthy, Easy to approach.
- Co-workers , Loyal, One team, Dependable.
- The Hardest part of my job was not being able to find the correct dental provider for a child insurance due to the provider not accepting the insurance.
- The most enjoyable part was the staff and the event's we had.
Pros
Daily Event's, Weekend's off.
Cons
Short breaks.
Customer Service
Member Advocate Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 23, 2015
Member is to assist and educate Members about MCNA's complaints, appeals process, serve as the Member's personal dental plan representative by providing a consistent point of contact, and maintain an ongoing relationship with selected Members and to build loyalty through one-to- one interactions and community outreach enhance customer service
Pros
Free Hygiene
Cons
Traveling different Counties
Love it!
Case Management Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 2, 2015
Great place to work! The hours are flexible and the people are understandable. I have learned so much about Medicaid and Managed Care.
It was a was a great learning experience to work in this call center.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 30, 2015
My typical day of course was answering the telephone, helping parents of Medicaid and CHIP Dental recipients (children). I loved being able to help these parents with their children's' needs. Most of them were very appreciative. Some calls could take 5 minutes while other calls could take up to an hour. But whatever it took to help them would be my mission. Always did my best to resolve escalated calls myself, that was another learning experience at the call center. At the end of the day I felt so accomplished.
Pros
Dealt with different cultures
Cons
QA dept very judgemental, one QA specialist was positive, while another was negative, even on the same subject
Good Work place
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 18, 2014
New and growing company to provide dental benefits. Good employee benefits.
Not to professional
Case Management Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 13, 2014
Management seems more family oriented which is a bad thing when it comes to complaints and or ideas.
Great place for entry level
PROVIDER RELATONS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 19, 2014
Overall, great experience to begin entery-level positions and to acquire skills for future positions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MCNA Dental. Our community is ready to answer.