MCNA Dental Employee Reviews in United States

Fun Place to work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 19, 2015
I loved being in the call center environment at MCNA. It was very calm, positive place to work at. However, management didn't act like management and you could never use hours you had free for time off.
Pros
good surronding
Cons
bad management
Good training and nice people.
Members Services Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 16, 2015
The training was very good and extensive, employees and management were friendly, benefits weren't too good as well as the hours.
Pros
friendly
Cons
hours
cool
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 26, 2015
Great company with great benefits. This is a job that you will build as a career.I am very comfortable with the atmosphere, my superior and the work ethic.
a revolving door with no benefits and work life balance
Claims Examiner 1 (Current Employee) –  FLAugust 17, 2015
I find the the policies are not inflicted on everyone it is to whom they find fit to use them , changes are not done well here.. also it is a revolving door. Everything is atax write off for them n you walk out with no security... No work and life balance at all so if you have kids not a job for you or if u have health issues... Not workable place in regards to emergencies. You will be written up.

No Benefits: you have to wait 6 months to get a day off with in the 6 months you get 5 days until your 1 year and it cannot be used consecutively...think about that 5 days with in the first year and you get it 6 months after u start working... Health and other benefits are not good.. IT a job that's all nothing with a career ...ohhh No cell phones allowed.. at all.
Pros
work hours
Cons
no work and life balance...none

Comment – August 26, 2015

Don't forget you dont park at the building ...you park across the street at the trial rail on Andrews blvd so look to get her 15min before time and cross the street ..think about when it rains..shameful no care for their employees

Productive Work place
Network Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cypress Creek, FLJuly 1, 2015
My job consist of a lot of data entry and Credentialing.We have to do a great deal of research.I have learned about dental providers and the fee schedule the providers use.
Professional Environment
Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 29, 2015
Easy paced, fun work enviornment.
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio Tx 78221April 26, 2015
- Answering Phones and Assisting Customers to correct dental providers.
- How to look up a certain facility ID, searching for providers, pre-authorization submissions, and claim verifications.
- Management, Wonderful, Dependable, Trustworthy, Easy to approach.
- Co-workers , Loyal, One team, Dependable.
- The Hardest part of my job was not being able to find the correct dental provider for a child insurance due to the provider not accepting the insurance.
- The most enjoyable part was the staff and the event's we had.
Pros
Daily Event's, Weekend's off.
Cons
Short breaks.
Customer Service
Member Advocate Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 23, 2015
Member is to assist and educate Members about MCNA's complaints, appeals process, serve as the Member's personal dental plan representative by providing a consistent point of contact, and maintain an ongoing relationship with selected Members and to build loyalty through one-to- one interactions and community outreach enhance customer service
Pros
free hygiene
Cons
traveling different counties
Love it!
Case Management Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 2, 2015
Great place to work! The hours are flexible and the people are understandable. I have learned so much about Medicaid and Managed Care.
It was a was a great learning experience to work in this call center.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 30, 2015
My typical day of course was answering the telephone, helping parents of Medicaid and CHIP Dental recipients (children). I loved being able to help these parents with their children's' needs. Most of them were very appreciative. Some calls could take 5 minutes while other calls could take up to an hour. But whatever it took to help them would be my mission. Always did my best to resolve escalated calls myself, that was another learning experience at the call center. At the end of the day I felt so accomplished.
Pros
dealt with different cultures
Cons
qa dept very judgemental, one qa specialist was positive, while another was negative, even on the same subject

Want to know more about MCNA Dental?

Ask a question
Good Work place
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 18, 2014
New and growing company to provide dental benefits. Good employee benefits.
Not to professional
Case Management Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 13, 2014
Management seems more family oriented which is a bad thing when it comes to complaints and or ideas.
Great place for entry level
PROVIDER RELATONS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 19, 2014
Overall, great experience to begin entery-level positions and to acquire skills for future positions.
A good company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 17, 2014
The company was adequate but the pay and benefits weren't there.
Pros
...
Cons
...
Great work environment with a lot of fun activities.
Quality Assurance Team Lead (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 11, 2014
Its a fast pace environment where you get to interact with people of very different backgrounds. There are all types of different events going on every week. Management is usually picked from within unless there is not a qualified candidate. The hardest part of the job is not being compensated for your skills while in every other call center being bilingual is always a plus, here it does not make a money difference, just a work load difference. The part I have enjoyed the most about this place is the people and the great work atmosphere. Also the schedules are great.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
benefits, healthcare, pto hours
Great!
Workforce Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 26, 2014
--- Its a new company so things are always changing.
--- Great people to work with and, great people to work for.
The work place was very productive and a fun enviornment.
Member Service Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 14, 2013
A typical day at MCNA Dental was working with customers over the telephone and providing the greatest customer service. I have learned to work well with others and excel my assistance to make the customers feel like they were helped.
Good ideas
Member Advocate Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 14, 2013
helping others get the answers that they need.
I have learned the in and out of Medicaid and CHIP for children
the management that I dealt with is fair and helpful
my co-workers are amazing good friends and were great team members
the hardest part is having to say there is no more I can do
the greatest part was helping the providers and members
Pros
the confidence of responsibility
Cons
the constance changes and employment rollover
Another West
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 21, 2013
Business is bogus...no good...not enough pay and so much drama. and everyone is involved with everyone
Pros
mon-friday
Cons
no benefits..not enough pay...no advancement
Terrible company
Compliance worker (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 9, 2013
This is a highly political company that is run by very rich people who do not care about their workers. They are mean spirited, unforgiving, and do not care about work/ life balance or peoples lives in general. Do not work for this company. They will work you into the ground and if you fail to give them your life, they will get rid of you.
Pros
compensation/ benefits
Cons
poor work/life balance, management, arrogant and egotistical managers