McNeese State University Employee Reviews

Not as advertised
Coordinator of Adult Learning and Retention (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LANovember 6, 2017
My position was advertised and interviews as something much different than the actual job duties that were required. The job title was not consistent with the objectives given, and were not directly related to Adult Learning and Retention. After hire, I was given partial responsibility for establishing a new undergraduate online program which was not related to either adult learning or retention of students.
Pros
Good environment, nice campus
Cons
Not permitted to perform work that was advertised
Educational and great character build
Student Athlete/Co-Ed Cheerleader (Former Employee) –  4205 Ryan St, Lake Charles, LA 70605August 14, 2017
Would recommend individuals who have the will to get a better education and possibly new lifestyle to go for a semester. I was given every opportunity that I wish to drive towards.
Great Place to work
Testing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LA 70605July 12, 2017
Great place to work.
Learn new things everyday.
The employees are very helpful and friendly.
Get to meet new people everyday.
The best feeling is when you help a student succeed.
Excellent
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJuly 3, 2017
I worked for an individual that owned the company so there were no raises. Got paid cash daily that wasn't enough to support a family. He was a genuinely nice person and understood my work schedule was based on my schooling and football career.
Great place to work.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJune 10, 2017
I worked in the library as a graduate assistant. I learned a lot about the periodical section where I worked. It is a very relaxing atmosphere in which to work. I loved working as a graduate assistant. It afforded me a an affordable way to attend school.
Pros
Working part-time
Cons
There were no cons.
Very Productive
Volunteer Income Tax Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMay 30, 2017
Mcneese state university is where i graduated from. In my senior year I worked as intern with VITA program as tax filer. It is non profil organization.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
very short period
Year Around Leasing
Leasing Professional (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMay 29, 2017
Constantly busy phones, tours and residents.Opportunity to have a lasting impression and help ease their anxiety of coming to a new place. Must be able to multitask.
Decent Place to work
Registration Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMay 29, 2017
McNeese State is a decent place to work. It's not a stressful atmosphere. Some days can be hectic, but most days are calm. The only real negative to working at McNeese is the the pay isn't great.
Pros
Health Care
Cons
Salary
Great job
Verification Counselor (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMay 17, 2017
Very fulfilling career. Hands on with students needing guidance in furthering their education. Typical day consists of a variety of reports, meetings and problem solving duties. Can be fast paced at times.
Pros
Working with students that truly are trying to better themselves.
Cons
salary
Mass Comm department is welcoming
Instructor/Assistant Director of Forensics (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LANovember 26, 2016
I only see a section of the campus on a day-to-day basis, but my experience in the Mass Comm department has been positive. The teaching-focused nature of the department makes for a student-centered approach.
summary
Student Union Board President (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LANovember 21, 2016
N/A Great Experience!! Enjoyed the job! The students and staff are great and hardworking. The parents are awesome and I enjoyed this job. I learned that working with people has rewards and to always view the bright side of everything in life. There was no hard part to this job, it was great.
Working
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 4, 2016
They are so caring about their employees. It is a wonderful environment to work in and go to school. They care about your education, they will work around your schedule for class.
Fun Workplace
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJune 29, 2016
It was a very easy job, i loved it! The most fun i had at any job hands down. If you ever decide to work at McNeese while going to school you will love doing it.
pleasant hard-working students
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJune 10, 2016
Positive work environment. Students are pleasant and hard-working . I enjoyed my work experience at Mcneese State University. My departure was for the purpose of retiring. Following my retirement I discovered that I love my work and desire to return.
Pros
Students
Cons
Salary was frozen because of budget problems
McNeese Writing Tutor
Senior writing tutor (Former Employee) –  Writing Center, Drew HallMay 5, 2016
I worked under former department head Dr. Delma Porter as a writing tutor. Typical activities included working with students to improve their writing in terms of clarity, conciseness, and style. I also worked with many ESL (English second language) students. Working with these students was the most challenging and rewarding part of the job.
Workplace has become strained due to extreme legislative budget cuts
Professor of Statistics (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 26, 2016
Great employees pulling together during very trying economic times in the state of Louisiana. Terrific administrative support and good interdepartmental interaction.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Extreme budget cuts
good school
Research Assistant, Dr. John Sullivan's Lab (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 3, 2016
Mcneese State University is a good school with a good engineering program
professors are helpful and care about each individuals
Amazing teachers
Graduate assistant to the Dean (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMarch 2, 2016
I was fortunate enough to get some great teachers, they are truly dedicated to their students and are passionate about what they teach and it shows. I wish they would offer more hands on experience and courses, I had to do that basically on my own in order to grasp what I was learning.
Pros
Great teachers
Cons
Not much internship opportunities
fun and worthwhile
lifegaurd/ rec attendant (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJanuary 19, 2016
Mcneese was as fun place to work for a college student and I am glad I was able to be employed there. Great enviroment even better campus
Pros
fun enviroment
Cons
bad pay
supportive professor, good environment to study,
Note Taker (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LADecember 6, 2015
Learned about other subjects beside my own classes. Professors were helpful. Even other student helped me to make a note. Had fun in my 1st job.