McNeilus

McNeilus Employer Reviews

Field Technician / Mechanic
Field Technician (Former Employee), Granby, CTJuly 1, 2014
Pros: i was eposed to new challenges.
Cons: it was a temporary position that only lasted for 6 months.
On a typical day I would get a list of customers that needed appointments to fix their equipment. I would contact the customer for a good time to perform service. I would then drive to the customers location with parts and anything I might need to fix their equipment.
During my six months of employment, I had to learn about their proprietary programs and hydraulic systems.
I received a daily list of customers that needed assistance from management, but for the most part I worked independently.
The part of the job I enjoyed most was being able to travel all over New England to meet with multiple customers and help them with their service needs.
Good company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Hutchins, TXFebruary 3, 2014
Worked for this company for almost 2 years. Enjoyed going to work every day but was laid off due to reduction in force.
not a good place to work
Assembler (Former Employee), Dodge Center, MNJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: liked the work
Cons: bad place to work if you have health issues
they don't have very good ventilation system in the building
Enjoy problem solving especially new product development, cost reduction, and sustaining.
Principal Engineer, CAE (Current Employee), Dodge Center, MNOctober 27, 2013
I lead and manage a group of offshore FEA engineers by providing service in product verification and validation. Communication is critical to ensure the information is not lost so the fidelity of end results is useful.

The efforts are tracked on a daily effort sheet so that the delivery on-time can be managed. My team and I discrete the CAD model into the math model and solve it so that the results can be used to assist the design team in making the product decision.

This job need to deal with all engineering, manufacturing, and marketing personnel so the stress is great but the simulation data can shorten the validation time so the turnaround time is minimum. The company is beneficial from my service to exceed our customer's expectation.
talk smart. cockiness is a virtue
former employee (Former Employee), Dodge Center, MNOctober 9, 2013
Pros: overtime
Cons: overtime
Calestenics , overall meeting of cost effectiveness, quality, morale job assignment for the day. Identical tasks are performed different in other departments. Be your own boss. Take your own inventory. I will give you all one point for gossip!
lots of work
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee), Rochester MNJanuary 22, 2013
McNeilus Corp is a great place to work lots of nice people and great things to work on
Regular job and full of challenges
Senior designer (Former Employee), Dodge Center, MNJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: stressful job. a lot of people with ideas and waiting for others to implement
Every day is a new surprise. Agenda unstable
I learned to use several types of computer engineering programs and
project process
Menagment turns into a bureaucracy
Colleagues are very good and are ready for teamwork
Difficult to coordinate the relationship between engineering and manufacturing. Complicated system.
Sometimes the time to research the right solutions