McNeilus Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Horrible stay away
Painter (Former Employee) –  Dodge Center, MNApril 9, 2016
Management is a joke, the only way to get a decent raise and promotions is to be best friends with management. HR doesn't fix any problems always take managements side. I've seen lazy good for nothing employees get promoted and good raises because of favoritism. If you're not white don't expect to get far in this company. Never seen a supervisor or higher that isn't white. Hours are long and working conditions are poor. Company says too cost effective to improve conditions... Horrible leaky roofs, air is poor quality in building, gear they supply is cheap, unrealistic daily goals... All about profit and minimizing / cuting corners everywhere they can. Say they are about quality but if only customers knew the corners that are cut. Pay is also horrible for the work. STAY AWAY!
Pros
Cons
Too many
day at mcneilus
paint prep (Former Employee) –  dodge center,mnJune 23, 2015
sand trucks and take off part for final paint and umask trucks and put part on after they were painted. learned the parts of cement and garbage truck and where they go when the final paint is done and the holes to hook up to manually turn dumb with air compressor
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks and unhealthy work area
fun place to work with lots of innovation
Hydraulic Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dodge Center, MNMay 18, 2015
New products were developed at a very fast pace. New ideas implemented and improvements made every day. Warranty claims were too high so the parent company had to take action, which they did. Shop floor personnel really care about what the do.
management is a joke
painter (Former Employee) –  Dodge centerSeptember 24, 2014
Management is a joke. The work is not bad. But HR doesn't do jack. High turn over rate because of management
Cons
everything
Field Technician / Mechanic
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Granby, CTJuly 1, 2014
On a typical day I would get a list of customers that needed appointments to fix their equipment. I would contact the customer for a good time to perform service. I would then drive to the customers location with parts and anything I might need to fix their equipment.
During my six months of employment, I had to learn about their proprietary programs and hydraulic systems.
I received a daily list of customers that needed assistance from management, but for the most part I worked independently.
The part of the job I enjoyed most was being able to travel all over New England to meet with multiple customers and help them with their service needs.
Pros
i was eposed to new challenges.
Cons
it was a temporary position that only lasted for 6 months.
Good company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Hutchins, TXFebruary 3, 2014
Worked for this company for almost 2 years. Enjoyed going to work every day but was laid off due to reduction in force.
not a good place to work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Dodge Center, MNJanuary 28, 2014
they don't have very good ventilation system in the building
Pros
liked the work
Cons
bad place to work if you have health issues
Enjoy problem solving especially new product development, cost reduction, and sustaining.
Principal Engineer, CAE (Current Employee) –  Dodge Center, MNOctober 27, 2013
I lead and manage a group of offshore FEA engineers by providing service in product verification and validation. Communication is critical to ensure the information is not lost so the fidelity of end results is useful.

The efforts are tracked on a daily effort sheet so that the delivery on-time can be managed. My team and I discrete the CAD model into the math model and solve it so that the results can be used to assist the design team in making the product decision.

This job need to deal with all engineering, manufacturing, and marketing personnel so the stress is great but the simulation data can shorten the validation time so the turnaround time is minimum. The company is beneficial from my service to exceed our customer's expectation.
talk smart. cockiness is a virtue
former employee (Former Employee) –  Dodge Center, MNOctober 9, 2013
Calestenics , overall meeting of cost effectiveness, quality, morale job assignment for the day. Identical tasks are performed different in other departments. Be your own boss. Take your own inventory. I will give you all one point for gossip!
Pros
overtime
Cons
overtime
lots of work
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Rochester MNJanuary 22, 2013
McNeilus Corp is a great place to work lots of nice people and great things to work on
Regular job and full of challenges
Senior designer (Former Employee) –  Dodge Center, MNJanuary 4, 2013
Every day is a new surprise. Agenda unstable
I learned to use several types of computer engineering programs and
project process
Menagment turns into a bureaucracy
Colleagues are very good and are ready for teamwork
Difficult to coordinate the relationship between engineering and manufacturing. Complicated system.
Sometimes the time to research the right solutions
Pros
good benefits
Cons
stressful job. a lot of people with ideas and waiting for others to implement