McNichols Employee Reviews

See below
Collection Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Tampa Oaks, FLJanuary 6, 2016
The hardest part of the job was when I had to refuse open credit to one of our customer's.

The McNichols family was a blessing to me.

I worked with a lot of good people and I do miss them.

The most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with our customer's.

I really enjoyed collecting money because I spoke with a lot of different people daily.

I was with McNichols for 17 years and I enjoyed every minute of it.
Pros
Alot of good benefits
Cons
A very long drived. (80 miles a day)
Stay Away from the Charlotte Branch
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 4, 2016
just stay away from the charlotte branch is all i can say......everyone is so focused on SALES that everything else suffers
Pros
Cons
everything
Slave Drivers
Slave (Current Employee) –  Every PositionMay 7, 2015
From the first day there it's non stop. A lot of yelling and bossing around. They preach safety but expect you to work at a fast pace, almost everyone there is stressed out from over working. Mandatory ot without any notice. Understaffed, and no good senior leadership. No reasoning from higher ups. Not a good place to work. No raises
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
No raises, understaffed, too fast paced.
Great Company
Welding and Fabrication Associate (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAMarch 9, 2016
Great Company to work for. Management is great. Co-Workers are willing to help. Fun environment. Definitely a company that will help you grow .
Pros
Cross Training
Cons
NONE
Great Place to Learn
CSS (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJuly 18, 2013
This was a great job to break into the metals industry. This company is very innovative in the products they offer and the training is extensive. I did not come with a background in this industry, but learned so much during my time.

The sales branches are more like call centers and can be very busy. The expectations are a bit much but the effort to meet expectations are acknowledged if if you didn't meet them.

The hardest part of the job was to keep up with customer calls and all the parameters given in order to perform stellar service on every call.

The best part of the job was the customers. Most of them were enjoyable to talk to and easy to form relationships with.
Pros
good benefits, flexibility with pto
Cons
lower pay for the industry, bonuses are subjective, not based on performance
Company Lacks Strategic Vision
Senior Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 1, 2012
The company is struggling to evolve from a very transactional model to a more strategic model. Culture is chaotic and switches from one theme to another on an annual basis. Turnover in the corporate organization is extremely high for a small company. Expect this company to be sold to a larger public company in the next two years.
Pros
private company, small, should be flexible.
Cons
lack of vision, sub-standard benefits
Worst Job ever
Welder (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 30, 2015
The company runs it's operations based on economy lay offs happen every year.The people that work there are grown men back stabbing each other all day m.The two people that has been there for 25 years run and snitch to manager atleast 5 times A day.Very under paid welders they talk A good talk but do the exact opposite of what is promised.If you want to work with A company that is more worried about the gossip and your personal life this company is good for you.They record your personal convo and stalk you on web sites.They claim there Christian based company that is far from that.
Pros
A stepping stone.
Cons
No personal life.
They were a great Company to work for and I do miss them.
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 6, 2015
McNichols was a very good company.

I was laid off or I would still be working for them.

Co-workers were great people.

Seventeen years with McNichols should speak for the Company.
Pros
Work conditions were great
Cons
80 miles a day to work for them
Family organization
Senior Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 18, 2013
The people of McNichols were the reason I stayed so long with them. Combining hard work and participation in events made it a great company to work for.
My typical day began with starting up machines including printers and computers. Checking overnight calls and passing to appropriate person. Taking calls, researching issues, checking on logistics of freight for customers. Working with warehouse on priority shipments and issues.
Calling past due accounts, setting up future steps and or researching customer issues with billing.
Setting up and arranging meetings and events for branch events.
Chaired the local United Way campaign.
Trained new customer service employees and monitored staff activity within the customer service department.
Helped train sales staff..
Daily and monthly payroll updates.
Work with IS department on computer updates, issues and training.
A day at McNichols
Purchasing Agent Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 23, 2013
This was a very good company to work for they just downsized.
I would come in and check emails and reply or problem solve any issues.
I would work on the delinquent and problem invoices and try to get our money back if a vendor shipped short or the wrong parts. I got McNichols back a lot of money.
I would call customers and see if they need any new products if so I entered the info in.
I would check all 22 stores and their inventory and make sure we had everything correct in our system and in the warehouses.
I would also help with logistics and make sure our product was getting delivered on time.
I also filed claims with shipping companies.
Pros
everything
Cons
getting let go
not a good place to work
welder (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick,NJJuly 1, 2014
I worked here a few years ago,i answered an ad for a "welder" when i applied for the job i was under the impression thats what i would be doing- i mean that was my background..but all i did was warehouse work.. they do not hire real welders- they get kids who want to be welders- they had one mig machine, and the kid doing the welding was doing a poor job- this company should stop posting looking for a welder,when they really want pickers and packers.. everyone there seemed to be unschooled in the welding trade,and very moronic.
Cons
low pay
Very stressful
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAApril 19, 2012
The management at McNichols that was there when I left did not have any family values.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
low morale
Rapid Fire Sales
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Central NJJune 6, 2013
High paced inbound sales call environment. This position taught me to maintain a strong customer base through my attention to details despite not having face to face interaction. I prided myself on repeat business. Trick was to be thorough while keeping up with the pace of calls.
Good Company but limited opportunities of growth
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 8, 2012
Small Company in the steel Industry.
Develop good relationship with customer and co workers
Pros
casual fridays
Cons
not enough of opprtunities of growth and difficult to commute
Good company but no growth opportunities.
Inside sales (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMay 6, 2012
Privately owned company in the metals industry. Good environment, fast-paced, challenging but no growth opportunities.
Review
Manager, Training Systems (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 14, 2013
Outstanding company to work. Company believes in family first and is part of the companies mission. Co-workers are friendly and everyone is a team player.
Pros
team members being on the same page
Cons
business is based on the economy
see below
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 26, 2012
I only worked for 6 months as a temporary assignment. It was not what I was looking for so I feel that to rate this company I would have had to stay longer.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Productive and nice place to work
Product Manager/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 20, 2012
I enjoyed my 12 years with the company. I was able to accomplish alot both personally and for the good of the company.
Na
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 4, 2012
Learned to expand my Senior Level administrative skills working for a private family business.
Insides Sales
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAMay 30, 2013
In charge of a customer base. Follow order from order entry to shipping.

2.9