McNichols

McNichols Employer Reviews

Family organization
Senior Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GASeptember 18, 2013
The people of McNichols were the reason I stayed so long with them. Combining hard work and participation in events made it a great company to work for.
My typical day began with starting up machines including printers and computers. Checking overnight calls and passing to appropriate person. Taking calls, researching issues, checking on logistics of – more... freight for customers. Working with warehouse on priority shipments and issues.
Calling past due accounts, setting up future steps and or researching customer issues with billing.
Setting up and arranging meetings and events for branch events.
Chaired the local United Way campaign.
Trained new customer service employees and monitored staff activity within the customer service department.
Helped train sales staff..
Daily and monthly payroll updates.
Work with IS department on computer updates, issues and training. – less
A day at McNichols
Purchasing Agent Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 23, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: getting let go
This was a very good company to work for they just downsized.
I would come in and check emails and reply or problem solve any issues.
I would work on the delinquent and problem invoices and try to get our money back if a vendor shipped short or the wrong parts. I got McNichols back a lot of money.
I would call customers and see if they need any new – more... products if so I entered the info in.
I would check all 22 stores and their inventory and make sure we had everything correct in our system and in the warehouses.
I would also help with logistics and make sure our product was getting delivered on time.
I also filed claims with shipping companies. – less
Great Place to Learn
CSS (Former Employee), Des Plaines, ILJuly 18, 2013
Pros: good benefits, flexibility with pto
Cons: lower pay for the industry, bonuses are subjective, not based on performance
This was a great job to break into the metals industry. This company is very innovative in the products they offer and the training is extensive. I did not come with a background in this industry, but learned so much during my time.

The sales branches are more like call centers and can be very busy. The expectations are a bit much but the effort to – more... meet expectations are acknowledged if if you didn't meet them.

The hardest part of the job was to keep up with customer calls and all the parameters given in order to perform stellar service on every call.

The best part of the job was the customers. Most of them were enjoyable to talk to and easy to form relationships with. – less
Rapid Fire Sales
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Central NJJune 6, 2013
High paced inbound sales call environment. This position taught me to maintain a strong customer base through my attention to details despite not having face to face interaction. I prided myself on repeat business. Trick was to be thorough while keeping up with the pace of calls.
Insides Sales
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Cerritos, CAMay 30, 2013
In charge of a customer base. Follow order from order entry to shipping.
Review
Manager, Training Systems (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 14, 2013
Pros: team members being on the same page
Cons: business is based on the economy
Outstanding company to work. Company believes in family first and is part of the companies mission. Co-workers are friendly and everyone is a team player.
Good Company but limited opportunities of growth
Inside Sales (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 8, 2012
Pros: casual fridays
Cons: not enough of opprtunities of growth and difficult to commute
Small Company in the steel Industry.
Develop good relationship with customer and co workers
Company Lacks Strategic Vision
Senior Product Manager (Current Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 1, 2012
Pros: private company, small, should be flexible.
Cons: lack of vision, sub-standard benefits
The company is struggling to evolve from a very transactional model to a more strategic model. Culture is chaotic and switches from one theme to another on an annual basis. Turnover in the corporate organization is extremely high for a small company. Expect this company to be sold to a larger public company in the next two years.
Productive and nice place to work
Product Manager/Buyer (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 20, 2012
I enjoyed my 12 years with the company. I was able to accomplish alot both personally and for the good of the company.
NA
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 4, 2012
Learned to expand my Senior Level administrative skills working for a private family business.
Good company but no growth opportunities.
Inside sales (Current Employee), Des Plaines, ILMay 6, 2012
Privately owned company in the metals industry. Good environment, fast-paced, challenging but no growth opportunities.
Very stressful
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GAApril 19, 2012
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: low morale
The management at McNichols that was there when I left did not have any family values.
see below
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 26, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I only worked for 6 months as a temporary assignment. It was not what I was looking for so I feel that to rate this company I would have had to stay longer.