McRoberts Protective Agency, Inc. Employee Reviews

Okay workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 10, 2017
I learned so much from working as a TSA. A typical day is again very busy and fast paced. You learn so much from working with the public aiding them and assisting them in their travels.
easy job
HUMAN RESOURCES ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 5, 2017
i was an assistant to the human resources coordinator so my tasks were usually to either fili folders away, type up some documents, organize the uniform room, and other administrative tasks. it was a pretty easy job that paid fairly well and worked with my school hours. and since i knew everyone in the office it was a very friendly environment.
Pros
flexible hours, easy tasks
Cons
slightly boring
security/fireguard
FIREGUARD/SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 1, 2017
Its an easy job you just have to make sure you follow your rules and stay on your post so that you don't get caught up in anyone else problems. Overall all its a good place to work when you wanna make some quick cash weekly.
Pros
leniancy
Cons
Waiting for your relief takes forever sometimes
cool for a security company just not too much advancement
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 19, 2017
I had easy evening/night shift. I didn't have any issues with this company. The only problem was the pay rate and there wasn't many advance or higher paying positions. They helped beginners get their guard cards and twic card which is great if you want to go with another company later on.
Pros
position and post was easy
Cons
not much advancement
Better than Allied Universal
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 19, 2017
This company was actually great to work for. They tried their best to accomodate my scheduling needs and were generally very transparent with what was expected.
Poor management
Accounts Receivable Manager (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJMay 24, 2017
The CEO was a spoiled brat who had the business handed to her. She was poor at communication, managing people, and growing the business. In the time I worked there, they bought other companies only to lose money and close down. Since I have left, they have closed most of their offices and sold off a lot of their business. This is not a secure company for employment. Only a matter of time until out of business entirely.
Pros
great christmas parties
Cons
everything else
Number 1 Security Company for Maritime
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Dania Beach, FLMay 23, 2017
Excellent reputation for Maritime Security .......Example Cruise Lines and Ports......Tried to develop the residential and commercial business but failed miserably. Tough business to capture and did not have any key accounts to attract new businesses in a VERY competitive market place.
Pros
Great reputation for Maritime Security #1 in industry
Cons
Not competitive and new to the Residential and Commercial business in a very cut throat business.
great
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 7, 2017
This is a very good company they allow you to make your own schedule and allows you to grow. they have locations all over the city and the surrounding areas.
Great work enviroment.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 1, 2017
Good company to work for. Not enough staff though to cover all sites so there was a ton of overtime. Management was great to work for. Road supervisor very professional and knowledgeable of duties and responsibilities.
Dislike this company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 29, 2017
I wouldn't prefer anyone working for them they are very nasty and mean to people and they about you behind your back no break .
Pros
No lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Easy job with decent pay.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dania Beach, FLDecember 29, 2016
I used to work for this company and it went well for me. However, sometimes the job is seasonal. I used to screen people. Management kept things well.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
It is a seasonal job
just do oyur job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJDecember 14, 2016
managment was good, but lack of communication at time I would work 80 hours a week sometimes as the call outs i would do fill ins, I was a good emplyee
Pros
they took care of me as I was dependable
Cons
breaks on a normal day
The Company was sold but management is still the same.
Security Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 4, 2016
I am fortunate enough to have had the opportunity to work at McRoberts Protective for 5 years prior to being sold to US Security. The experience is irreplaceable; Ive met wonderful people and gained great confidence in my capabilities. The hardest part of any security Job is turnover but the most enjoyable part is relationships gained.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Learning experience.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 7, 2016
For any young adults looking to pursue a security career, I believe McRoberts Protective Agency is a phenominal company to start. You will truly learn to become a security officer.
Not a bad place to start
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VA and Baltimore, MDSeptember 19, 2016
Being a security officer of student travel can be a very unsure way of making a living the hours aren't stable and at some point at the end of the season, the hours just dry up without notice from anyone. What this company can offer you are ample opportunities to more up and once you do so you will be given the freedom to do things in a way that make sense to you.
Company Closed
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2016
I worked with McRoberts for three years, it was a pretty good exxperience. The pay did not seem to ever go up and there was also a shady union they forced workers into.
Tower Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJAugust 20, 2016
An okay Job to start a Security job.
They work with school .They give you what you need.
They had a good manager. I cant complain.
its a great work place you get to meet new people everyday.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJ, Clifton njJune 13, 2016
The managers was ok the working enviroment was cool and the people who lived and work there was polite. i worked 3-11 shift so i really was bothered unless someone was enetering the building i never was late always on time and was always avaliable for more hours.
Great for someone who is retired and needs something to do.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLJune 7, 2016
Great job if your retired and looking to stay busy. Not for someone younger and looking to go somewhere with the company. Very few pay raises if any at all. No benefits what so ever. Lucky to get 25 hours a week. Only saving grace is it leaves plenty of time for other things and has some great people doing the grunt work. Making the supervisors and management look good despite their mishandling of pretty much everything. At least this is how it is for Florida.
Pros
Flexible schedules, some good people
Cons
Short breaks, not many hours, no benefits, not many raises
No Fun
none stimulating
incompetent management.
uniforms
walkie talkies
Pros
uniform
Cons
too many to list