MD Anderson Cancer Center Employee Reviews

Fun workplace.
Patient Escort (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 16, 2017
This is a busy field. You will take care of patients as far as taking them to doctor appointments and transporting them. Its also fun because you meet new people and learn so much about life in general.
Very low morale
Clinical Business Manager, Rehabilitation Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 13, 2017
I always had excellent performance evaluations but was chosen at the sacrificial lamb when layoffs occurred. There were other supervisors who were not as efficient as I was.
The clerical staff had no compassion.
Great culture built around patient care.
Radiologic Technologist / Fluoroscopy (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2017
The number one priority at MD Anderson is to provide our patients with exceptional patient care while helping to eliminate and prevent cancer. It is truly an honor to be a contributing member of the number 1 cancer hospital in the world.
Great place to work at
Sr. Administrative Clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 9, 2017
Great environment, great people to work with. The staff treat you like family. The benefits are very good and the place is wonderful especially when it comes to taking of the patients!!
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
less pay
MD Anderson is Great Place to work
Logistics Supervisor - Mail Services (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 9, 2017
I have been with MDA for over 13 yrs. I have really enjoyed working here. I started as an Inventory Planner in the warehouse and then moved on to Logistic Supervisor over Mail Services and just recently inherited Fleet Services.

Great opportunities here!
Wonderful place to work
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 5, 2017
Pros:

- It's great to work at one of the best cancer hospitals in the world
- You're working for a good cause: curing cancer
- The vast majority of employees are wonderful and great to work with
- Compensation, benefits and perks are unparalleled.

Cons:

- Your experience depends entirely on who you report directly to.
- There doesn't seem to be any management training program.
Very stressful environment
Clinical Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 4, 2017
I love my work here at MDACC, however the department that I work in is very busy, and requires a great deal of self direction and organization. As the liaison between patients, families, and insurance companies, time management is vital. This is a very challenging position one that offers me great satisfaction in helping others navigate through the inpatient process.
A good opportunity
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 1, 2017
I was hired to help as a clerk in the dosimetry department where everyone was helpful. It was a part-time job that I learned a lot of medical information and about many dosimetry locations around the world. My typical day was very flexible and relaxed as I attended my duties and went about my day.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No benefits
Nice friendly atmosphere
Patient Care Partner (Current Employee) –  1515 HolcombeJuly 29, 2017
A typical day at work for me is coming in a enjoying helping patients. Although inpatient care can be challenging and some days are better than others, its always about the patients. I come in learn each and every special need or preference that the patient may have and work as a team with my fellow coworkers to help care, bath, ambulate and perform basic activities of daily living.
Pros
Great benefits, friendly nice environment
Cons
Parking
I am part of a team of warriors against cancer
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJuly 26, 2017
My day is full of arriving patients, coordinating their schedules, answering phones, emails, etc.. and I do this with a smile on my face at all times.
There have only been brief periods when we have been fully staffed.. The motto is we do more with less.
The hardest part of my job is when we loose a patient to cancer. You get to know our patients very well. We see them more than we do our own families some times. It's hard not to take it personal. The more mature I have become, the harder it gets to loose the battle.
Our patients have beautiful soles and fight for life and we are right next to them in the battle.
The most enjoyable part of my job is when we win against cancer.
That makes the job we do so fulfilling. It's a joyful moment when our patients come in and their physicians tell them they are NED, no evidence of cancer. Yeah!!!! We beat you cancer, we beat you!
Pros
Interacting with our patients and joining in their battle against cancer
Cons
Few opportunities for advancement in my current department
Remote Site work is best
Sr IT Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Smithville, TXJuly 26, 2017
Core of MDA on the main campus, if you are not in clinical can be borderline abusive. Being away from Main Campus allows you to do your job without the politics.
Pros
Security
Cons
Politics
Job
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 24, 2017
I really do enjoy working for Md Anderson I have learned so much from this company. I have excelled in my scope of practice with the endless amount of training.
Good company with really good benefits
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 22, 2017
company for the most part appreciates it's employees. Management is not the best in all departments. I enjoyed my position and enjoyed the people. ..
Fast paced environment at a reputable institution.
Pathologists' Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 21, 2017
Work day started with completing gross for specimens from the previous day. I assisted with multiple frozen sections and gross consults. Trained assisted fellows with gross and dissection. I learned about various rare tumors and the best way to approach a complex case as well as use a faxitron. The work place culture was laid back but fast paced. The hardest part of the job was walking from the parking garage and the most enjoyable part was feeling like a part of the team to achieve the common goal of giving patients the treatment they needed to defeat cancer.
Pros
Lunch or breakfast for the lab was often provided by the pathologists.
Cons
Parking garage was a block and a half away from the hospital.
Md Anderson
Coordinator, Research Data (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 21, 2017
Md Anderson is a great place to work. It is very diverse and we strive to work as a team. The most enjoyable part of my job is gaining more knowledge for the research protocols.
Pros
Good Benefits
ok place
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 21, 2017
Pros: Nice and friendly working force. Great benefits
Cons: Incredibly bureaucratic. Hard to move up. If you are not a physician you are just a pawn. Only doctors are respected here.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
if you are good at what you do, you get exploited
No comment
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2017
It depends on the kind of atmosphere you choose to work in , I'm about team work and hard work. Being prior military teaches you structure and sometimes you must adjust to your surrounds
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Smithville, TXJuly 20, 2017
Stipend is relatively good for Ph.D. student. In addition, the cost of living in Smithville, TX is not as high. I would recommend MD Anderson for graduate students.
I really enjoyed this job.
Pediatric Oncology Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2017
I did my internship with MD Anderson for my nursing program and I was offered a job there. I worked in pediatrics and at times I would go through a roller coaster of emotions. You could be having a bad day before your shift starts and when the elevator door opens and you walk down the hall, your heart melts because you can't help but to care for each and every child that walks through those doors. You come to know them, their story, their siblings,and their entire families. Working at MD Anderson makes you feel as though you have a purpose for working there. You want to save each and everyone of them.
Pros
Working with the children, making a difference
work place envirnment
Customer/Patient Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 16, 2017
This company i was very pleased to work with. The patient had such big hearts. It was a pleasure to be able to be sure they stayed comfortable. Typically every day was amazing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MD Anderson Cancer Center. Our community is ready to answer.

MD Anderson Cancer Center Reviews by Location